[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Driving around like an unpredictable idiot, flanking people and then shooting them in the butt. This is in BTB btw, I don't use them in Warzone.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Meanwhile...;

*gets on a gungoose. dies moments later*

What are you guys doing with it?

not dying?

I find that the first about 5 seconds on a gungoose are critical. if you can get on it and get started without dying you're in luck. Aiming with it takes some practice, and don't try to take on many vehicles with it head on, but you can mow down people who aren't on vehicles pretty well, and can take out a ghost easily enough.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    My problem with the Gungoose is I keep trying to use it like it's a Ghost which just ends up with me getting hijacked and/or just straight up killed.

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Gonna have to get in on the BTB stuff after having a night full of horrid Slayer games with teammates that were jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. You know what's not awesome? 4v1 games where you're still penalized for quitting.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    the best gungoose thing that's ever happened to me is that me and a guy from the other team raced for one. somehow, he ended up driving, I ended up being the passenger, but not in a way I could hijack it, I was just riding on it normally. So for about 30 seconds he was driving along with me on the back trying to shoot the guys on his team. He actually drove up to one of his guys hoping they would snipe me off the back, but I killed him.

He then intentionally flipped the gungoose on a hill to get me off of it, and he unfortunately beat me on a 1v1. he got turned around faster than I did after flipping.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I did a similar thing with a Warthog where I climbed into the passenger seat of an enemy's 'Hog and the turret guy just unloaded into my head.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I did a similar thing with a Warthog where I climbed into the passenger seat of an enemy's 'Hog and the turret guy just unloaded into my head.

"wait, that's not a hijack prompt!"

I think you can hijack the gunner, or at least I've seen a prompt appear before my head exploded up close to the gunner.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    pdWTkVg.jpg

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Teamwork is something you will never see in pub games. Ever.

But it's still a beautiful thing.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The GameBender/video/12904938

subedii on
    pdWTkVg.jpg

So... I know where about $20 bucks of mine is going, lol.

NOTE: If you buy those packs, do silver first because uncommon permanents are still permanents and all that jazz, same as bronze first to cover your commons.

The REQ pack thing is unconfirmed officially but it's being hinted at at a few different sites. I hope it's true. I'm saving up my REQ points just in case.

Yea, I'm not sure if it's real upon closer inspection: there's spellcheck lines on REQ, and they'd probably use their real font on the countdown. Ah well.

edited November 2015
    so... Arena, if I am a scrub that's only worth Gold 2... why are you putting me into matches against Plat rank players? /boggle

tastydonuts on
  • Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Anybody run into the fun Warzone Assault exploit where you can take the second capture point before you take the first? For example, before capturing the Fortress, Spire, or Garage, you can take the Armory, which should be protected by shields. What this does is allow the attacking team to capture a (presumably) undefended point, usually within a minute and with no warning via HUD indicator or announcer other than hearing "Armory Lost" once it's too late. In addition, once the Armory is lost, the game is scripted to start respawning the defending team at the core. So, the exploiters capture the armory, glitch the defenders into respawning at the core, then have a much easier time at taking the first target since defenders now have to travel across the entire map to get back to the first target, resulting in two points captured in under five minutes.

Now, the attacking team still has to capture the core in 6 minutes from the moment they take the first target, however the chaos they cause often causes players to become confused or drop out, making mounting a defense difficult. On the upside, because the attacking team has captured the first two targets so quickly, they generally have not reached a high REQ level, so their ability to crank out power weapons to mount an offense is also hindered.

It's still stupid and it sucks and it happened to me literally a dozen times in a row over the weekend. I hope they fix this in the next patch.

Yes, I know how they did it. No, I'm not going to tell you how it's done.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
    Yeah, I know about it.

Someone on my team did it once as the last seconds of a Spire defensive stomp were waning.

We still lost. Because of the reason you stated.

I imagine if a person used the exploit at the start of the match, when the REQ disparity is at its lowest it the cheater would achieve their desired purpose... but then again, cheater logic is short-term not long-term like that.

Just got bounced from 2 matches in a row. Anybody else having issues?

I get them periodically; never been bounced from 2 in a row though.

Yeah, I didn't want to eat a temp ban for quit spamming so I just started to play another game. Would have been annoyed if I was using uncommon or better boosts though.

That was the first skull I found, lol

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxbCtx3a0Fo

Halo 5: Guardians is expanding with incredible free content coming December 2015 (that should have shipped at launch)!

Standard game modes such as King of the Hill and Oddball still MIA.

Lots of good info here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/cartographer-s-gift-sneak-peek

Also I played so much halo last night.

A very important thing to call out from that post (emphasis mine):
    Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. Limited join-in-progress windows will be turned back on to allow for full matches of vehicular mayhem at (nearly) all times, and as a note, all social playlists will feature appropriate join-in-progress windows. We know you also want a mix of non-BTB social modes, and we’ll have a mix of currently available modes in a social playlist too - more on that next week.

(h/t) to AuburnTiger

edited December 2015
    I'm excited about FFA returning to 6 players; 8 players is way too hectic.

Still no luck in my pursuit of Linda's armor. I just wanna shout "Oly Oly Oxen Free" after I've sniped everyone. Oh well. At least I got my stance ready.

F7cQHQ0.jpg

AuburnTiger on
    So apparently there's a REQ pack to subsidize the bonus prize pools for the Halo championship series... which will give you the 5 HCS visual thingers.... but subsequent purchases will unlock 5 rare or better visual customization items if they are available.

the kicker is it's 80k REQ or $9.99 to buy (also it goes away tomorrow at 12PM)

If you're like me and have unlocked all common, uncommon and rare items, they're a worse value than gold packs though. I did buy one for the skins at least.

jeez man, how much do you play?

what are you playing to get REQ gains like that?

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Need to get back into playing but Fallout owns my soul then I also need to play Tomb Raider.

Warzone Assault gives the most Req points for you time. I also bought the digital deluxe edition which gives me 2 packs a week. I've spent money on req packs too.

I also went for efficiency and unlocked everything in bronze first, then silver.

• mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm basically a newcomer to Halo multiplayer and just bought Halo 5. Played a lot of Halo 1 singleplayer/co-op back in the day, Halo Anniversary, and now playing through all 5 games in the MCC. Anyway, any tips to not die constantly in Halo 5 MP and basically just do halfway decent? Right now I basically drag my team straight into the dirt every match.

edited December 2015
    molleh wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm basically a newcomer to Halo multiplayer and just bought Halo 5. Played a lot of Halo 1 singleplayer/co-op back in the day, Halo Anniversary, and now playing through all 5 games in the MCC. Anyway, any tips to not die constantly in Halo 5 MP and basically just do halfway decent? Right now I basically drag my team straight into the dirt every match.

The TTK is lower in Halo 5 than previous games. Mostly because almost all of the guns fire faster. So situational awareness and map awareness are key. When I'm having a bad game I adopt the buddy system; which means I just stick to a teammate at all times. 2 v 1 will win almost every time.

Sprint only to get from point a to point b. If you get caught while sprinting you're at a huge disadvantage because of the time to pull your weapon back up. The introduction of clambering in Halo 5 means a lot of the maps are more vertical, so be aware of enemies above or below you.

Only aim down sights at medium to long ranges. I watch some of my real life buddies play and it's painful how often they aim down sights, which puts them at an immediate disadvantage because they either get knocked out of it immediately and have to readjust, or they lose all awareness of their surroundings. Your guns are perfectly accurate shooting from the hip.

Your pistol is a great utility weapon; 4 body shots and 1 headshot for a kill.

Any more specific questions, i.e. guns or particular maps or game modes?

EDIT: Also be aware that your shields will not recharge will sprinting or boosting.

AuburnTiger on

Warzone Assault gives the most Req points for you time. I also bought the digital deluxe edition which gives me 2 packs a week. I've spent money on req packs too.

I also went for efficiency and unlocked everything in bronze first, then silver.

Ah, I did that for bronze packs and all. But Warzone Assault is just painful to play. Can never get on the winning side of a match.

Really looking forward to Social Arena games. Doing good and losing a match and still seeing CSR DOWN, is just bleh.

molleh wrote: »

The TTK is lower in Halo 5 than previous games. Mostly because almost all of the guns fire faster. So situational awareness and map awareness are key. When I'm having a bad game I adopt the buddy system; which means I just stick to a teammate at all times. 2 v 1 will win almost every time.

Sprint only to get from point a to point b. If you get caught while sprinting you're at a huge disadvantage because of the time to pull your weapon back up. The introduction of clambering in Halo 5 means a lot of the maps are more vertical, so be aware of enemies above or below you.

Only aim down sights at medium to long ranges. I watch some of my real life buddies play and it's painful how often they aim down sights, which puts them at an immediate disadvantage because they either get knocked out of it immediately and have to readjust, or they lose all awareness of their surroundings. Your guns are perfectly accurate shooting from the hip.

Your pistol is a great utility weapon; 4 body shots and 1 headshot for a kill.

Any more specific questions, i.e. guns or particular maps or game modes?

EDIT: Also be aware that your shields will not recharge will sprinting or boosting.

I'd add to make sure you equip the right weapon for the right range.

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Also be aware that your shields will not recharge will sprinting or boosting.

Hard to stress this enough. Sprinting is useful in a lot of situations, but no matter what you're doing starting a sprint breaks your recharge. Sometimes it's better just to take cover for a couple seconds.

edited December 2015
    Welp, I can quit Halo 5 now. I finally unlocked the armor set I wanted.

ShdV9YT.png

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    What armor is that? lol

Also your helmet is one of those helms that I looked at and went "well, I guess they have such a wide variety of helmets to appeal to all tastes." :P

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    That paint scheme sure is something, but at least the helmet has a proper visor. I'm not a fan of the visorless ones that are common in 343i's designs.

edited December 2015
    What armor is that? lol

It's the Valkyrie set, though I might try and unlock the Valkyrie EIR variant for the helmet. I think I like that one's markings a little better.
    Arteen wrote: »
    That paint scheme sure is something

Red and blue have been my colors of choice for gaming character since Quake 1. No real plans to change them now, however the secondary marking designs on some of the Halo armors combined with the color make it somewhat garish.

Not that it matters though, since I spend most of my time playing team games, I'm either solid red or blue anyways.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    The armor probably looks good in game; I'm guessing you pulled that image off of waypoint, where every armor looks like it was made in MS Paint.