As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] My love don't cost a thing, but WOW game tokens cost 20K Gold.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    This is going to be the best thing:

i87H13D.png

The very day I get all my followers to epic and 445. At least it'll be easier for my alts.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

i87H13D.png

I have no interest in any of the transmog sets, so this is relevant to my interests.

Maybe the Blackrock one for a warrior, but the rest of them have "we like short shorts" syndrome.

If this goes Live any time before I'm finished setting up my followers to run 645 missions, I'm all about it. After that.....eh. If this doesn't go Live until 6.1, it'll be useless by that point, for the most part.

--
    Had a super fun run of UBRS last night. Finished 4 quests + got Leeroy. Thanks to Enh being stupid AOE, I was averaging ~45k DPS through the trash and bosses up until we got Leeroy. I'm attributing it to the fried chicken.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm attributing it to the fried chicken.

...I'm watching you.

Mythic Highmaul cache 85%...success! Mythic Warforged boots, I'll take it! I was sure it was going to succeed and give me the ring I already got, but it apparently decided to be nice instead.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    So, does anybody else see more of a need for Garrison Resource sinks? It is tough going at first, but at a certain point, they just keep building up. And after you get the followers geared, it'll get even worse. The only place to burn them is the Trading Post right? And it's January. Anybody who keeps playing till the next expansion in 21 months will be long capped on everything the Garrison can do. I would guess Blizzard plans to add some more building levels at thousands of gold and resources. How else can can they keep them from being an uncontrolled faucet?

• Options
    I'm currently burning mine in my War Mill for follower upgrades. After that, no idea.

Apexis, on the other hand......

With my War Mill L3 and a follower mission every week that each give me a roll token, I only ever need to spend the crystals for one token. And I haven't been rolling on much lately, thanks to the dearth of upgrades at the moment (currently at 667 ilvl on the same Shaman that started Highmaul at i598)

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    last night was in a UBRS where the tank decided to grab the trash packs after the dragonman boss and tank them inside their room rather than pull them out.

You know, the mobs that have fears, and knockbacks.

He then proceeded to complain when I got knocked back into another group and pulled them. I had to point out that MOST tanks pull the trash out of the room so fears/etc don't pull more packs.

Surprisingly I wasn't kicked. But the tank was dead silent the rest of the run.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Quical wrote: »
    I bought warlords. What you gonna do?
    I was bored of my paladin a bit. So decided to use the level 90 boost to roll a hunter. Loving it so far even with learning how to play.
    Went with marksmanship. Is that good? I have an Ice Boar for a pet, its name is Colin after a pig in a fictional thing of the same name.
    What pets do people recommend? I really like Colin so I want him to do well but if i'm gonna have people yell at me in dungeons i guess i'll swap him for something else.

There are 3 specs for Hunter: MM, Surv and BM. MM is currently the best endgame spec, and does not use a pet. At all. BM has been getting buffs, so it should perform better now.

No-one talks about Surv.

Wow are you stuck on release day?

MM is actually really bad now. Surv has been tops for a few weeks and is getting even more buffs. BM has been overall bad but can tops some fights if you can use the pet cleave right.

You should be leveling as BM it will give you the smoothest experience.

Source please. The MMs in my raiding guild are performing fine.

Other than being a hunter, well,

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2sgjj5/dps_specialization_spread_in_highmaul_1142015/

Also, insisting that MM never uses a pet is silly. While Lone Wolf is easier and sometimes necessary, Focusing shot HAS been proven to be a DPS increase so if you can manage to fit it in and manage focus well there is a reason to still use a pet.

When I say its pretty bad, I mean its under performing compared to other specs. As you can see from that link, the difference is not huge.

But the insistance that survival doesn't even exist? That idea has been long gone since like the first week of WOD. Its kind of hide under a rock-like to think that way.

BM has been at the bottom for a long time and only very recently even compares. And most of that was cause of nerfs to MM. I still use BM as an old raid farming spec because it has good burst options while still being very survivable.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    So, does anybody else see more of a need for Garrison Resource sinks? It is tough going at first, but at a certain point, they just keep building up. And after you get the followers geared, it'll get even worse. The only place to burn them is the Trading Post right? And it's January. Anybody who keeps playing till the next expansion in 21 months will be long capped on everything the Garrison can do. I would guess Blizzard plans to add some more building levels at thousands of gold and resources. How else can can they keep them from being an uncontrolled faucet?

Yeah, I'm spending at least 1200 resources a week on the bags of gold at the trading post. And I buy my Seals of Tempered Fate exclusively with garrison resources as well.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Yup I am nearly capped GR on two characters. Having a few salvagers even banging out a 1 of the higher end salvage missions rewards an absurd amount of GR. I have to assume they had originally thought people were going to be swapping buildings around a lot more than they are. Mostly what I am using GR for these days is my weekly raid rerolls as its one of the only major GR sinks once you get your base set the way you want it.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

i87H13D.png

Oh man. I have like 350 scraps saved up, this is gonna be nuts.

Won't help my main much but this will be really nice for alts going forward.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

bonus roll tokens?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    But the insistance that survival doesn't even exist? That idea has been long gone since like the first week of WOD. Its kind of hide under a rock-like to think that way.

BM has been at the bottom for a long time and only very recently even compares. And most of that was cause of nerfs to MM. I still use BM as an old raid farming spec because it has good burst options while still being very survivable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but BM was best of the three for most of Siege/up to at least 6.0. So I'm not sure what you mean by "a long time"

Mugsley on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I was bored of my paladin a bit. So decided to use the level 90 boost to roll a hunter. Loving it so far even with learning how to play.
    Went with marksmanship. Is that good? I have an Ice Boar for a pet, its name is Colin after a pig in a fictional thing of the same name.
    What pets do people recommend? I really like Colin so I want him to do well but if i'm gonna have people yell at me in dungeons i guess i'll swap him for something else.

There are 3 specs for Hunter: MM, Surv and BM. MM is currently the best endgame spec, and does not use a pet. At all. BM has been getting buffs, so it should perform better now.

No-one talks about Surv.

MM is actually really bad now. Surv has been tops for a few weeks and is getting even more buffs. BM has been overall bad but can tops some fights if you can use the pet cleave right.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2sgjj5/dps_specialization_spread_in_highmaul_1142015/

Also, insisting that MM never uses a pet is silly. While Lone Wolf is easier and sometimes necessary, Focusing shot HAS been proven to be a DPS increase so if you can manage to fit it in and manage focus well there is a reason to still use a pet.

When I say its pretty bad, I mean its under performing compared to other specs. As you can see from that link, the difference is not huge.

I was referring to your comment about MM being 'really bad now'. If Survival is now a thing then awesome. Every guide I've read says Lone Wolf is the talent to beat. Leveling as BM has always been a given.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    No one talks about survival, except 8 out of 10 raiding hunters and 8 out of 10 pvp hunters.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

No-one talks about Surv.

I was referring to your comment about MM being 'really bad now'. If Survival is now a thing then awesome. Every guide I've read says Lone Wolf is the talent to beat. Leveling as BM has always been a given.

Leveling as BM was only ever necessary back when the pet sucked if you weren't BM, but since Cataclysm each spec has been just as good at leveling.

Also, Lone Wolf is only marginally better than Focusing Shot, at least for Survival. The increased focus generation might in fact push it past Lone Wolf. Which is good: Lone Wolf is one those talents that would've been really cool back in Vanilla-TBC-Wrath, but is completely stupid ever since they fixed the pets and made them good.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    I just assumed the gift is a free statue of Grommash they just made, which, to someone like me who hates orcs = meh.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Technically MM is bad as it's the second lowest dps spec in the game, but as there isn't such a large gap between everything that being MM is going to hold you back. If you want to do the most damage at any given time though, you aren't speccing it.

Focusing shot is great, but only viable for 2 fights, so not really so great.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    All of the Warlocks I know are pissed off that they now feel obligated to play Demonology.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    All of the Warlocks I know are pissed off that they now feel obligated to play Demonology.

My raidleader randomly opened chat with me yesterday. It went something like

"Hey, so how's your trinket hunt goingANYWAY enough about that have you tried out destro yetNOTREALLYWORKINGFORYOU?ah well I hear demo is doing really well"
    "..."
    "Here's a link to a sim stat page showing it"

I'll start configuring my mods for Demo later tonight, I guess.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Holy crap, a package from Blizzard just arrived. :D

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Holy crap, a package from Blizzard just arrived. :D

It's probably a month ban for that racist comment you made about Tectus.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but BM was best of the three for most of Siege/up to at least 6.0. So I'm not sure what you mean by "a long time"

I did not play MOP, so I refer to this expansion.

Long time is in retrospect to the whole expansion - its prolly only been competitive since like 1 or 2 hotfixes this week. Out of what, 7-8 weeks?

That's kind of nitpicking words though. Replace "long time" with whatever really fits. I guess I should have said "the majority of the expansion" but since I wasn't around last expansion, I kind of forget about the game before then.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    54x4gV2.jpg?1
    aISh0yI.jpg?1
    LUH0z7y.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Its.... the front of something?

Edit: cause the rest was edited in.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Did you have any lapses?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, neat, it's a mini version of that statue they have out front of Blizzard HQ.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I kind of hope I get one now. That's a cool little trinket that would look awesome on my desk.

• Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Did you have any lapses?

A very short one, like a monthish at the end of Mists. And maybe a couple of days when my account got hacked or a credit card expired, but it's been pretty constant.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Hmm i had a year in TBC. Guess we'll see.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    What have I started with my hunter question? Oh no! So should I respec from MM? Especially since I'm working my way through quests right now.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I kind of hope I get one now. That's a cool little trinket that would look awesome on my desk.

ups.com -> tracking -> track by reference -> enter the name on your b.net account in the reference box and fill out zip code

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    What have I started with my hunter question? Oh no! So should I respec from MM? Especially since I'm working my way through quests right now.

Don't worry about it until you get to 100. Enjoy the game!

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Play what you like. Focusing on maximum performance only matters if you end up in a raiding guild.

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    I can't attribute it directly, but that won't stop me from trying to figure out how to hug the dwarven bunker. My baby tank got an epic upgrade to the bronze proving grounds quest reward last night. 640 axe for doing next to nothing? Thank you, Bunker Santa.

• Options

Don't worry about it until you get to 100. Enjoy the game!

Lies! Survival! SURVIVAL OR DEATH!

(roll a Deathknight)

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I've been using all my surplus garrison resources to 1) run bunker work orders so that I have a pile of follower upgrades ready to go, 2) to buy roll tokens and 3) at the trading post. 200 dust is 800 resources from the trader who sells it cheap, and I can sell 200 dust for 700-800 gold on my server.

can you use the traders at somebody else's trading post? My priest is getting to have quite a pile of resources since she doesn't have a trading post or a bunker.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    While leveling I try to stick to whichever spec has the best AoE for quicker dungeon clearing.

For hunters that is going to be Survival or BM.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    I've been using all my surplus garrison resources to 1) run bunker work orders so that I have a pile of follower upgrades ready to go, 2) to buy roll tokens and 3) at the trading post. 200 dust is 800 resources from the trader who sells it cheap, and I can sell 200 dust for 700-800 gold on my server.

can you use the traders at somebody else's trading post? My priest is getting to have quite a pile of resources since she doesn't have a trading post or a bunker.

I just had to look up how to visit someone else's garrison because I am a big dummy. Can you use their crafting buildings (not for mats, but like a forge for armor/weapons)?

• Options
    Yeah I think I am making a TP on my hunter and using those resources to fuel making stuff instead of buying it off the AH. I need some serious money to start finishing off my monk.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

I just had to look up how to visit someone else's garrison because I am a big dummy. Can you use their crafting buildings (not for mats, but like a forge for armor/weapons)?

you can use somebody else's enchanting building to DE things if you want. I guess you can probably use their crafting NPCs too, although I'm not sure why you'd want to particularly

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.