As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Caffeine] must flow.

CantidoCantido Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Social Entropy++
This is a thread to the most important, legal, and refreshingly addictive way to start your morning and keep you going at school and the workplace, caffeine!

Because I was the only one in the family who could figure out how to get a cappuccino machine working, I've got this mother fucker coming to me in the mail, in an attempt to stick it to Starbucks and cut down on sugar.
41LqHTANPWL.jpg
I can't wait to load it with espresso ground Arabic coffee.

This thread is brought to you by Duncan Hills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2RPo2cVjd4

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
Cantido on

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I actually have the Duncan Hills Deathjingle as a weekday alarm on my phone.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I do. Having recently found a new cafe in my nearby town that serves UE Coffee (wood-roasted local stuff), I can say my quality of life has gone up a good few notches lately. I want to take everyone there because it's the best I've ever tasted.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Coffee is gross

Yes I enjoy caffeine

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    @Tonkka got me this dooooope ass local (I think?) Seattle coffee that was so good that the ladyfriend has insisted we start ordering it online regularly. It's the way and the light.

Also the way and the light - fuckin' Aeropress. (Also from Tonkka!) Holy crow does that make a good cup of joe. And so fast! It's also bizarrely, profoundly satisfying to pop out that little puck of coffee grounds out of the press after you're done.

Big ups to @Abracadaniel‌ on the coffee front, too - the hand grinder is so great, and I really don't know how I handled crapass pre-ground coffee for so dang long, nor how I thought Magic-Bullet-chopped coffee beans were in any way acceptable.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I drink tea. I've recently found that Constant Comment is my favorite.

• Options
    @Tonkka got me this dooooope ass local (I think?) Seattle coffee that was so good that the ladyfriend has insisted we start ordering it online regularly. It's the way and the light.

Also the way and the light - fuckin' Aeropress. (Also from Tonkka!) Holy crow does that make a good cup of joe. And so fast! It's also bizarrely, profoundly satisfying to pop out that little puck of coffee grounds out of the press after you're done.

Big ups to @Abracadaniel‌ on the coffee front, too - the hand grinder is so great, and I really don't know how I handled crapass pre-ground coffee for so dang long, nor how I thought Magic-Bullet-chopped coffee beans were in any way acceptable.

I need to try an Aeropress, but then they're like £20 so I might as well just get one as my place sells them and, frankly, I'd be a chump not to.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i've got an aeropress and it does make a very fine coffee, but i find it a bit finicky to use routinely. honestly if you have access to a place that roasts good beans and your own grinder, pour-over filter coffee cannot be beaten. so simple, so good.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    so i keep trying to replace some interesting filters i bought from a japanese dollar store (pack of 90 for a couple of bucks) but they've been out of stock. anyway, they do sell the pour over unit also so i grabbed one to try it. now the shape is odd so a normal conical filter doesn't fit - it's like an inverted ridge. what i did was pack an aeropress filter along the bottom, put in the coffee and got an incredibly slow-flow but super delicious result. i am definitely going to toy with this method for cold drips. my current cold drip technique is ordinary.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

yeah, I got a hand grinder for christmas and the difference was immediately noticeable

• Options
    Other forms of caffiene intake I enjoy: cold-brewed coffee, and gunpowder green tea. Both delicious.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    I got a new coffee maker a couple of months ago, a Bonavita with a thermal carafe. I love it.

obnz7TYl.jpg?1

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Coffee is Great. I couldn't stand it until I did my civil service (one of three alternatives to military service at the time, the other two being medical disability and jail time) and instantly shot up to like 10 cups a day.

I've since cut down and gone back on the wagon several times (even like a year without coffee). Currently I'm sitting comfortably at 3-5 cups a day due to my parental leave and thus no sitting around in an office.

I got two different kinds of Ethiopian beans for Christmas and I fear they are too good for my fully automated machine (the type that you put beans and water in and coffee comes out).

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    As a barista I can safely say

most people have no idea what is in their drinks, especially people who ask for really specific things. It's made me slightly jaded towards "coffee culture", but maybe just because I have to put up with weirdos all day. That being said, I love coffee. I'm drinking it right now. Get in my face, coffee.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Coffee thread you have inspired me to go home tonight and take a photo of all of my coffee gear

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    As a barista I can safely say

most people have no idea what is in their drinks, especially people who ask for really specific things. It's made me slightly jaded towards "coffee culture", but maybe just because I have to put up with weirdos all day. That being said, I love coffee. I'm drinking it right now. Get in my face, coffee.

hand ground beans, tap water (heated), bit of sugar, bit of milk

keep it simple

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I enjoy coffee but my favorite delivery system has always been cola.

I don't get to enjoy it much though because most brands use phosphoric acid which is really bad for me.

Red Bull Cola didn't, and they also had a more interesting flavor than most, but I guess it wasn't profitable so they stopped making it.

Sometimes if I'm feeling decadent I'll order an iced coffee drink, and then when it's down to the dregs I'll add a can of cola to the ice and what's left of the coffee. Soooooo good. Coca Cola Blaq kind of approximated that flavor but they were way overpriced.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I prefer coffee black. If it's super bad I might add milk.

But then a cafe here makes a hazelnut latte that I drink once a week or so. Bit I don't count that as coffee, that's more a milky foamy dessert with a hint of coffee taste.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I love caffeine.
    I get nauseous at the smell of coffee.
    It is an unhealthy situation to be in.

But tea is still the light.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I have some gear I use for my daily fix. Grinder, thermometer, French press. Could be I should switch up to some kinda Haario deal, but this is so easy and nice.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I love caffeine.

<3

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    sometimes i'll have a macchiato or a small, strong cappuccino, especially if i'm in a rush and skipped breakfast. but a truly great coffee needs no milk or sugar.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    brewed coffee smells great, but it doesn't even compare to the smell of a fresh new bag of beans

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tea all the way. We have a cupboard full of the stuff at home, and I drink it out of a pint mug at work. Best tea is Yorkshire tea, then chai, then Polish fruit-flavoured tea. Rooibos tea is also tasty but it's caffeine-free so not for this thread.

I'll drink coffee if it's offered, but I'm just as happy with instant coffee as filter or whatever versions there are.

And then there are the days where I've been up for twelve hours and have six hours of GMing ahead of me, so I'll pre-game with a cheap, large energy drink.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    I love caffeine.

<3

Yes, I should have said I get nauseated.

• Options
    i got some yerba mate for christmas. does that count as tea?

at home i make genmai-cha but not for the caffeine. it's just delicious.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I love caffeine.

<3

I just meant hooray for me not being the only one

• Options
    I love caffeine.

<3

I just meant hooray for me not being the only one

Ah.

High five!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I used to drink a diet red bull once a day, every day.

I've since stopped (out of paranoia) and moved to ridiculously sugary flavoured coffees.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I used to love energy drinks; needed them because I work nights and civilization works days. My personal favorite was BooKoo citrus because not only did it come in a huge fuck-off can, it actually tasted good to me (unlike, say, Redbull). Except then energy drinks stopped agreeing with my stomach, so between that and my sky-high caffeine tolerance, I cut them out.

Nowadays if I need a real boost I'll just grab one of those energy shots (sometimes mixed into something non-caffeinated) and they work pretty well.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    orange pekoe

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ugh, those little 5 hour energy things are so vile. Never again.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    rr_black683-162271.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Coffee thread you have inspired me to go home tonight and take a photo of all of my coffee gear

You might need to pick up one of those stick-on wide angle lens adapter things for your iPhone on the way home!

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Pretty much my only source of caffeine is coffee. I drink it for the taste. I'm probably addicted to caffeine, though. It doesn't affect me much, I think.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Ugh, those little 5 hour energy things are so vile. Never again.

Handy as fuck if you're working graveyard and had shit to do during the day

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I drank coffee for the first time at a wedding in december,

• Options
    i had espresso in italy, it was still bad even there. also had a mocha somethingsomething fancy fancy swiss chocolate and it was also garbage. tried a PSL and it was mediocre but still garbage

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I used to hate coffee but as I started drinking heavier and heavier beers I began noticing I liked the ones brewed with coffee.

I still don't like coffee but it's not as vile as it used to be.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I drink tea. I've recently found that Constant Comment is my favorite.
    That is a solid tea. It's the tea I grew up on because it's what my dad always made when I was sick.

• Options
    Yeah the five hour energy things totally get the job done