As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We should all really quit [Social Media]: Facebook changes product branding to FACEBOOK

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Shower thoughts: What if, every time someone spread or published a fake news item (esp on social media) they had to publish a retraction? Like, sure, we do that now, but the retraction is almost never as read as much as the original story, so the retraction doesn't undo the damage of the original story. But, online we can track how far a story spreads, how many views it gets, how many times it's shared. So what if, you had to publish a retraction of the original story each day until the combined views/shares of the retraction(s) is more than the original story. And if nobody was paying attention then you'd just have to keep putting out a retraction a day and you'd lose face.

Obviously it's not a thing that could be actually done or enforced, but it's interesting to think about. This is more aimed at news websites on social media, not individual people on facebook or whatever.

Seems like Social Media would be goddamn swamped with retractions.

Shower thoughts: Mmmmm...warm...Idon'teverwannaleavehere....

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Man I just logged into facebook today and discovered that I have apparently added a ton of new friends automatically, whom are all apparently ex-colleagues
    What the hell facebook this is creepy as fuck

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So I had a falling out with someone and there has been mutual blocking-- how do I go about deleting a conversation on Facebook in that situation? Seeing this person's name gets my blood pressure up, so asking them to unblock for 30 seconds is out of the question.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    To delete one or more messages from a conversation:
    Click Messages on the left side of your homepage.
    Open the conversation you want to delete a message from.
    From the Actions menu, select Delete Messages...
    Use the checkboxes to select the messages you want to delete.
    Click Delete.

It won't delete the message from their side though, just yours

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Action button does nothing.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I don't really like the new format, but I'll get used to it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

i'm down on it because it looks like garbage

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    It looks so bad!

The app is fine but I'm sure they're gonna fuck it up soon enough

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    my snapchat game is awful and im sorry to all my snap buds for my bad content :)

also more like FUMBLR cause they always fumblin their new interfaces!!!! please like and reblog

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Recently I posted a pretty long rant of FB using Bible quotes about how Jesus does not want us Christians judging others and to pretty much follow the law. All this in regards to the idiot in Kentucky abusing her position to not issue marriage certificates to teh gayz.

My friend, who is more the fundamentalist Holiness kind of Christian, just psoted something kind of in response and I asked him if he was referring to my post. Before he could respond, one of his friends, who used to work for him at a local bar running karaoke, and drank an awful lot, came on their about me not having morals, and seeing my first post on FB shoed him my opinion of the thing. Although my first post was about Rudolph the Reindeer, so I'm not sure how that follows.

He is such a goose. I havehad to walk away from FB, but I hate not participating in an argument.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Rudolph the Reindeer?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    He's got a very shiny nose.

sig.gif
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    The Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer post was completely separate from the gay marriage posts, but he tried to act like my very first post was about gay marriage equality, which they are of the opinion is somehow taking away their rights. Freakin' fundamentalists...

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    my snapchat game is awful and im sorry to all my snap buds for my bad content :)

also more like FUMBLR cause they always fumblin their new interfaces!!!! please like and reblog

your snapchat game is perfect and please don't ever change @crwth please

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    well ok but sooner or later these clothes are gonna start to smell

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Recently, there was an acquaintance who posted on Facebook a screenshot along with a comment of "lol owned": some Twitter conservative equating the rainbow flag to the Confederate flag because it was found in the home of a murderer, someone asking what the flag has to do with anything, and the Twitter conservative responding, "How quickly the narrative changes."

I got in a little argument with him in which his defense was that he loved offensive humor, that jokes can't really change anything, that he posted Michael Jackson memes, Bill Cosby memes, Jared memes, etc, and that "you can't please everyone so why not keep doin it".

That day I discovered another kind of person I don't want to know.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    To be fair, I probably should've seen this coming long before I unfriended him. Dude idolized Joker and Harley Quinn to an extreme.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    I regret not separating my personal and professional social media more
    a historian that I really admire followed me on twitter and I started sweating profusely because most of my tweets are drunken shiters

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    I regret not separating my personal and professional social media more
    a historian that I really admire followed me on twitter and I started sweating profusely because most of my tweets are drunken shiters

That's exactly why I have three accounts. The one with my actual name on it for hypothetical business and networking purposes or following respected public figures, the much more active account for posting dumb jokes and video game screenshots, and the top secret third account that's really just a curated stream of naked people.

My tumblr usage has counterparts of the first two twitter accounts, but could probably use a counterpart for the third if I ever intend to browse the second on my lunch breaks again... except I can only figure out how to split the streams easily for the purpose of posting out, not for the incoming feed or the follows.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Well, shit. An acquaintance is going on about the real author of the Matrix and Terminator movies, Sophia Stewart, and believes that she is the victim of a Hollywood conspiracy to steal away her credit and profits.

Then he follows up by complimenting her brilliance, that she's got photographic memory and practices remote viewing!

But that's not all! She also had connections with the Pentagon and was able to obtain classified documents of alien spacecraft which she later incorporated into books!

Her case was tossed out once about a decade ago, but that's clearly because the California courts are corrupt.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I was gonna make a post about that a while back. I saw a person I follow on tumblr reblog a post that was praising her. And the article that the post used as reference was an article about her being a hoax! Which means at least one person failed to actually read it.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    I like to follow people that work on webcomics and cartoons I like, and it seems like it sucks to be a professional artist/animator and maintain a twitter feed. You critique someone else's work? You're a bully and people stop following your work. You say this person's fanart of something you made is cute? You're a sarcastic prick and people stop following your work. You can apologize, but you can never seem sincere enough to appease everyone.

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I enjoy reading Bioware Tumblr fandom posts, but man, the community is almost as bad as the official forums. People screeching about nearly non-existent mods, how some romance options should be gay or bi, or imposing their head canons on everyone, or attacking Someone's head canon for not conforming to their version.

For example, there's a character who's gay, and the tumblrinas are always going on about how some non-existent person is going to make a mod to make him straight. While in the sme breath, complaining that some of the straight relationships ought to be modded to be bi.

• Options
    I've gained 124 new followers on Tumblr in the last 12 hours or so o.o

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I nuked my Linkedin profile a few days ago because I never used it and turned off all of the notifications anyway.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »

Did you figure out why?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

Did you figure out why?

Somebody tumblr-famous linked to hers, probably.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Tumblr's got celebs?

• Options
    edited September 2015

Did you figure out why?

Yeah. I was expecting an increase in followers, but not so fast.

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Tumblr's got celebs?

well I know Neil Gaiman and Taylor Swift are both on tumblr

• Options
    how do i become tumblr famous

because if it involves creating my own good and original content im probably boned!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    pretty sure you have to get into shipper wars

• Options
    Create good and original content.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    have big tits and ass
    post said tits and ass

• Options
    Steal good and original content.
    Steal tits and ass?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Create good and original content.

im fucked
    grrmusha wrote: »
    have big tits and ass
    post said tits and ass

hmm...maybe im not!!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    It's either that or make popular friends who reblog you a lot and have public conversations with you

Also sometimes I make pithy or even serious text posts that get a lot of reblogs

I'm happy at 500 right now though I don't wanna go up into the thousands again

People just get so weird

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'd kinda like to break 200

I've been hovering around 180 forever