As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We command the arcane. [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Oh rad they're adding 5 ilvls to every single BRF drop.
    Now we'll really see if my "everybody do 500 more DPS" pro strat is indeed the pro-est.

this is good and now my mythic highmaul ilevel downgrades will be ilevel equivalencies

yay

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Interesting change.

I guess that adds 1 trinket that's probably better than my margok one. Makes the tier helmet from kromog a 6ilvl drop rather than an 11, which probably makes it more worthwhile than stressing about grabbing blast furnaces pants.

Oh, and I guess it would have made my stonefury band better than my current ring, had I not sharded it a week ago.
    Woops.

Also i'm now realizing more than ever that I'll need new gloves. Dangit urd.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    These are pretty sweet gloves, I'm not.going to.lie

I feel like there was someone who had a really crazy trinket though

Some high ass ilevel

It was, what, 701? No wait shit, hotfix

Its 706 now

Who was it that had that trinket... Hmm...

• Options
    i'm pissed off too

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    These are pretty sweet gloves, I'm not.going to.lie

I feel like there was someone who had a really crazy trinket though

Some high ass ilevel

It was, what, 701? No wait shit, hotfix

Its 706 now

Who was it that had that trinket... Hmm...

Ive killed 15 bosses that could drop tier upgrades.
    Both of my 2pc has come from bonus rolls.
    I dont wanna hear no shit about how my trinket is 6ilvl's higher than average. BRF been dicking me over from the start. It's about time my luck changed!

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I'm not angry at all

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    i'm beginning to realize the full breadth of my ability to be an asshole

every time i see a guild trying to recruit for H BRF progression and they're 7/10 or lower, i always gotta chime in. ESPECIALLY when they say what they are recruiting and i'm not what they are looking for

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I strongly suspect we have at least one person who has raided every night and only has their two piece because of a normal drop

Bonus rolls still count as drops, ya goofball.

You are probably the only person in our raid with a nearly perfect BiS mythic item so idunwannahearit

• Options
    I have purple shoulders

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    BRF is the same tier as Highmaul but with slightly higher ilvl
    No wait it's a new tier, so if you're in mythic Highmaul you'll have to drop down to Heroic BRF
    Wait no, same tier otherwise it's complete bullshit that you're getting downgrades in the new raid
    Ok fine they're separate tiers here is a shitload of free ilvl so you can beat Blast Furnace

mkc.png
  • Options
    word

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

every time i see a guild trying to recruit for H BRF progression and they're 7/10 or lower, i always gotta chime in. ESPECIALLY when they say what they are recruiting and i'm not what they are looking for

We're only 8/10

Not that much more bragging rights

• Options
    I just want to let everyone know that Man City lost to Burnley and you should all feel bad for @Seattle Thread

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options

We're only 8/10

Despite all the constant talks about mythics and blackhands kills etc. We're still one of the furthest progressed chogall guilds IIRC.
    We're squarely ahead of the curve and above the average. Brag your heart out.
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    BRF is the same tier as Highmaul but with slightly higher ilvl
    No wait it's a new tier, so if you're in mythic Highmaul you'll have to drop down to Heroic BRF
    Wait no, same tier otherwise it's complete bullshit that you're getting downgrades in the new raid
    Ok fine they're separate tiers here is a shitload of free ilvl so you can beat Blast Furnace

Blizzards real problem was that they wanted to have it be the same tier, but also be way more difficult.
    Except that means progression has to come at everyone doing the gitgud rather than the gitgear. Which as it turns out, besides mythic raiders, no one really wants that. We dont want to bash our heads into a boss for 100 attempts. We want to give it a solid 20-30 then accept that it's something we'll give another shot at better ilvl's.

So they have to buff the ilvl's and pretend it was a new tier all along.

• Options
    There was actually an update to the blue post saying the wording was in error. It isn't a new tier.

It is definitely tougher, though.

That said, there is no Garalon so far, so I don't even care. Fucking Garalon you guys.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Where is this news? Does it apply to existing or newly dropped gear too? Because if existing there is stuff i vendored just yesterday...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Where is this news? Does it apply to existing or newly dropped gear too? Because if existing there is stuff i vendored just yesterday...

It's retroactive. So yes, existing stuff will also go up 5 ilvls.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

It's retroactive, yes. Also applies to crafted and apexis gear

• Options
    It is retroactive, but is only for BRF drops.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I strongly suspect we have at least one person who has raided every night and only has their two piece because of a normal drop

You are probably the only person in our raid with a nearly perfect BiS mythic item so idunwannahearit

i will ride my mythic micro crucible until the day i die

i am the cache whisperer

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Is yours warforged though?

• Options

i will ride my mythic micro crucible until the day i die

i am the cache whisperer

Wait. Are you saying you've only got until the next raid tier to live? RIP in peace buddy.

• Options

We're only 8/10

Yeah but counterpoint: still better than the plebs recruiting for progression

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    i mean if trinkets that matter for casters continue to be final boss only its gonna be a long ass time before it gets replaced

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

We're only 8/10

Yeah but counterpoint: still better than the plebs recruiting for progression

Fair, fair

Honestly, this is best group I've ever raided with

Well, I think I did some heroic cataclysm stuff with A team.

This is definitely the best large group I've ever raided with

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    highmaul deserves better than this 2nd class raid-citizenry

highmaul is a Good Raid, a Real Good Raid

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wrath was a time to see for the good ol' A team. We heroic'd everything and were really on the bleeding edge for most of that expansion. Since gearing alts was easy, we also each had 2 or 3 geared characters

• Options
    Blackrock is more enjoyably tuned than Highmaul was outside of Mar'gok

But the actual fights aren't quite as fun, mechanically

It sorta.evens out right now, but I could see BRF becoming increasingly less fun to have on farm every week if there is too long a wait between us getting that status and the next tier getting dropped.

• Options
    blackrock just feels really long.
    We 1 shot like every fight up until maidens or something.
    It still took us pretty much the full 4 hours.
    I feel like you can blast through 6/7 highmaul in an hour and a half.

We have 7/10 on farm, but it still takes us the full night to slog through them all.

And I get that perhaps it's disproportionate given that the boss we wiped on adds 10 minutes per wipe. But eesh, it's still a lengthy ordeal. Lots of trash, plenty of doubling back. I mean highmaul is essentially 1 single circle with a minor runback.

BRF is "Oh just clear like 4 groups of trash between every boss, and also you'll have to double back 3 times across the entire foundry."

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    it doesn't help that the entire instance is inside with no teleports

and so many elevators

so many

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    the excitement of finally reaching blackhand and his whole "enter into room to see what he was doing" was completely ruined by that fucking elevator

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Well, we had 7 wipes on Maidens on Tuesday.

That took up a huge chunk of time, and we stopped 30 minutes early.

It'll be pretty easy to clear in a night once every boss is on farm.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Remove gear.

Suicide.

Run back in.

• Options
    Well, we had 7 wipes on Maidens on Tuesday.

That took up a huge chunk of time, and we stopped 30 minutes early.

It'll be pretty easy to clear in a night once every boss is on farm.

• Options
    the excitement of finally reaching blackhand and his whole "enter into room to see what he was doing" was completely ruined by that fucking elevator

i, for one, am disgusted that the elevator restricted my ability to see his ideal pathing routine

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options

I find it kind of dumb that he's just walking in circles around the room.

he spends every wing boss death yelling at you. Then you get up there and he's just silently walking around.

For margok he actively tells his guards to kill you. Then once you kill them he's all "Kneel and swear fealty to me, and I may spare your lives!"
    It just feels like margok personally cared about killing us. Blackhand seems fairly satisfied with just walking

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    He's brooding
    brontessm.png

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    There was actually an update to the blue post saying the wording was in error. It isn't a new tier.

It is definitely tougher, though.

That said, there is no Garalon so far, so I don't even care. Fucking Garalon you guys.

That's just even further evidence that nobody knows what the hell the progression is supposed to be

mkc.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there's a guild on proudmoore called reckless abandonment, and when I see their posts in trade chat I sometimes point out that the phrase is 'reckless abandon'

reckless abandonment would be like, leaving your kid in a hot car all day or something

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.