As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Community Lapel Pin - Preorder page is open

SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of DestructionRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in PAX East
UPDATE:
The preorder page is open http://phoenixchallengecoins.com/shop/pax-penny-arcade-community-custom-lapel-pins-phoenix-challenge-coins/
If people get their orders in by February 9th, then it is very possible pins will arrive by PAX East.

The community made these lapel pins a few years ago and I have been contacted a few times asking if they would be available again.
aY9CpcO.jpg

If you are interested in getting this pin, please fill out this survey so we can have an idea if this is at all wanted:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1L0CQZv2bia09jb0gzo_ION0KTNZY5wSYkaupF8ejUe0/viewform?usp=send_form
deleted, go orders the pins for real.

If there is enough people that want another run, then it should be as simple as asking PCC to put the pre-order link back up on their site. I will get a hold of them and see what timeframe we are looking at.

IhtGIyi.png
SkeleVader on

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Filled out my request. Been waiting for another batch of these. Absolutely love them and can't wait to have one. Thanks for doing this @SkeleVader‌ !

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I have not seen these before. I love the design and can't wait to get one for myself and my sons!!!!!

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I'd be down for one!

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I had seen this on their site, I'd be down for one.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    How much did these cost before? I understand that a smaller run might cost more, just wanted a ballpark.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    vttym wrote: »
    How much did these cost before? I understand that a smaller run might cost more, just wanted a ballpark.

The first time we did this we self distributed and they were $4.25 each.
    This time we would have PCC handle distribution so they might be more. Also depends how many people are interested.

IhtGIyi.png
  • SuzerainSuzerain The One And Only! MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Any more information on these? I'd be good for at least a couple. :)

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm down for one as well, maybe two

I'm curious has there been any news on this? Curious how many folk filled out the survey at least.

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    If we are having PCC do the distro then I'd love to get this moving so they can combine shipping with my coin order.

update: oh, never mind, it looks like they're shipping the coins now. guess we have more time then :)

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Added my name to the list for 3

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    Very nice design. Definitely in for one. How much would it cost? Just curious.

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    So far we have 38 pins requested.
    Last time the price was $4.25 each, but because it looks like interest is small & PCC would be doing the distribution, the price is likely to be a bit higher than that plus there would be shipping cost.
    PCC said it would take about 3-4 weeks (including shipping time) once the order was placed.

IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    So far we have 38 pins requested.
    Last time the price was $4.25 each, but because it looks like interest is small & PCC would be doing the distribution, the price is likely to be a bit higher than that plus there would be shipping cost.
    PCC said it would take about 3-4 weeks (including shipping time) once the order was placed.

If I remember right the last time these were up on PCC it was $10/pin with shipping included. Either way I'm totally okay paying a bit more for these. They look super nice.

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    I saw these at the PCC site and i would be in for one :)

0j92muX.png
  • jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    I threw my hat in for three but I'm wondering what the deadline is. I'm considering grabbing three more.

Right now there is no deadline as this is not an order form, this is just to gauge interest.
    I have asked PCC to give us a quote expecting about 50 - 100 pins so I will report back when I have that.

IhtGIyi.png
  • jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    Ok sounds good :) thank you

@SkeleVader Awesome .. here's to hoping you get good news. And soon I want to add this to my list of stuff I bought off the PAX forums :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Eric just got back to me. The pins will be $5 each. Shipping is extra.
    I told him that sounded good and to get the ball rolling.

IhtGIyi.png
    Ordering page is up for Preorder: http://phoenixchallengecoins.com/shop/pax-penny-arcade-community-custom-lapel-pins-phoenix-challenge-coins/

If everyone gets their orders in by February 9th then we can probably get them by PAX East. No guarantee though.

IhtGIyi.png
    Great ordered 3 .. thank you

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • SuzerainSuzerain The One And Only! MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Ordered two of them thank you very much. May order more before it ends.

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Got mine ordered. Thanks for getting this going @SkeleVader

0j92muX.png
  • Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    Awesome! In for 1. Hope to show it off at PAX!

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Gonna order 2. Does anyone have the translation for "extraneus es amicitia"? Anything I can find is a bit foggy on the meaning.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I remember discussion about trying to come up with Latin for "don't be a dick" (it had to be fudged a lot) but I don't remember if that's what got used there or not. Looks like something more like "we're all friends"?

HI3789R.png
    It says "strangers are friends"

The "don't be a dick" is on the coins.

IhtGIyi.png
    I love it! Thanks for the translation, guys!

does anyone want to combine an order? I love the pin but I'm not sure I want to pay $11 with shipping for it. Makes a lot more sense to get together with a few other people and split the cost, especially since I've already paid shipping on the coins. I'm happy to front the money and we can meet up at PAX...

edited February 2015
    ilta wrote: »
    does anyone want to combine an order? I love the pin but I'm not sure I want to pay $11 with shipping for it. Makes a lot more sense to get together with a few other people and split the cost, especially since I've already paid shipping on the coins. I'm happy to front the money and we can meet up at PAX...

I was going to order mine tonight. If you want I can order two and then hand deliver yours to you at PAX. Looks like with combined items it's only $8.40 a piece. Let me know if you're interested and I can order em tonight so that we can get em before PAX :) . I'll be arriving in Boston Thursday and will be there through either Sunday night or Monday so I'll be around to get it to you whenever. Should be at PrePax game night but just in case I cant make it or you're not there or whatever figured I'd let you know.

Edit: @SkeleVader thanks again for doing this very excited to order

Edit 2: Held off my order from tonight to see if you're interested in me picking you up one or not @ilta . Will probably order tomorrow night then!

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Ordered because evidently I do things for pins now.
    Thanks @SkeleVader!

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Ordered a couple, thanks for setting this up, always wanted one!

edited February 2015
    @miker525, I'm in. I'll be at the Thursday night gaming night if you'll be there. If you can stand to hold off a little longer I bet we'll get more people interested and drive the price down even more.

ilta on
    Keep in mind that we do not have a guarantee that these will be delivered before Pax East. Apparently the manufacturer is not working for two weeks in Feburary.
    Just make sure you have a back up plan if you combine orders.

IhtGIyi.png
    Eric at PCC let me know 31 pins have been ordered so far. He went ahead and placed an order for 50 pins to get the ball rolling and have a great chance for them to get to people by Pax East.

IhtGIyi.png
  • BashinterothBashinteroth NYCRegistered User regular
    I just put an order in for 2; thanks Skelevader!

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Excellent, I just ordered five!

Just put in an order for @ilta and myself. Very excited for them to arrive. Thanks again for having organized this Skelevader!

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525