Options

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Okay I feel daft but I can't get couch co-op to work in helldivers?

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I haven't tried but afaik you just press start on another controller.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Just added a bunch of people in the thread who said they'd play Helldivers- if I missed anyone I'm corporateshill on PSN.

PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I gots me some Helldivin' too. I'm Magic_Pink on PSN I think.

• Options
    I haven't tried but afaik you just press start on another controller.

I got it sorted, if you launch the game with a psn account then try to join with non-psn accounts it dowsn't work.

everyone has to join at the start screen and then it will ask you if it is cool if the psn stuff won't work, and then it works fine.

• Options
    Helldivers is incredible btw.

It's 100% the game that I wanted Destiny to be.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Clearing out space to replace old PS+ indie game crap with new PS+ indie game crap. Velocity 2X might be the fastest I've ever gone from start to uninstall. Good lord does that game have bad controls. Spelunky at least lasted for a half hour or so before I got tired of it. At least Rogue Legacy had the goofy drawbacks and a thin veil of fake progression to keep me interested for a few hours, before I got to the same place with it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Downloading Helldivers now, gonna be down for spreading democracy for Super Earth in about 20min. Add MisterBeeb123 if you wanna play. I don't currently have a headset, though.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires has one of them timed offers, but I'd rather have a discount, so I'll wait.

Edit: This is interesting, too, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amz1fHSZ7P4

PLA on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Okay, Helldivers is a lot of fun. I couldn't stop playing it last night until well after when I should have been in bed. Way more fun with other people though. Randoms seem to be a good mix too. Only got into one game where there were two people intentionally team killing over and over again. Tried to Report 'em but was kicked by whichever of them was the host beforehand. Out of all the games I played though, that was my only actual bad experience. Everyone else played pretty smart and cooperatively.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have had good success with random so far.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Alright I just sent out a bunch of PSN friend requests for some Helldivering

My PSN is SyphonBlue in case I missed anyone.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Are folks Helldiving on 3, 4, or Vita?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Helldiver helldiver helldiver

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Are folks Helldiving on 3, 4, or Vita?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    aaaaw Oreshika is 19.99 and I have 13.75 on my PSN account and no more means to add more

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I've heard the Vita version has some questionable framerate, but haven't checked it out for myself yet. I've just been playing on PS4.

• Options
    aaaaw Oreshika is 19.99 and I have 13.75 on my PSN account and no more means to add more

dude I will paypal you the 7$

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Is Oreshika something I will actually like and play, or is it another one of those game that I just think I want, and stop playing after an hour or two?

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Is Oreshika something I will actually like and play, or is it another one of those game that I just think I want, and stop playing after an hour or two?

If you like Harvest Moon or Persona or Darkest Dungeon you will probably get really into it. It's a weird duck game tho. You may wanna go watch some videos of it first.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

If you like Harvest Moon or Persona or Darkest Dungeon you will probably get really into it. It's a weird duck game tho. You may wanna go watch some videos of it first.

Of those three, I have only really played a Persona (4 Golden), which I really liked, but I'm not seeing how that is like Oreshika. I watched a bit of the intro and first dungeon this morning, and it's charming as all hell (I LOVE ukiyo-e artwork), but I don't know if all the clan and lineage management stuff will be interesting or a slog.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

Of those three, I have only really played a Persona (4 Golden), which I really liked, but I'm not seeing how that is like Oreshika. I watched a bit of the intro and first dungeon this morning, and it's charming as all hell (I LOVE ukiyo-e artwork), but I don't know if all the clan and lineage management stuff will be interesting or a slog.

There's an almost overwhelming amount of info to handle, but fortunately you can get your weasel girl helper to plan your life for you. I let her decide who to make babby with and when, because I never did figure out how to read the stats well (reviewed the game, so I've been playing for a week or so). I didn't always want to go along with her dungeon-crawling plans, but her reproduction plans were far more solid than any I made myself.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Oreshika is a "just ten more minutes" game. Like "just one more day" in stuff like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, or "one more hunt", "one more expedition", et c.

• Options

Day by day time management, dungeon crawling, turn based RPG, stats, wacky Japanese stuff

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Good to hear positive spin on Helldivers.

Been playing Atelier Rorona. First Atelier game I've ever played. Enjoying it so far.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

...fortunately you can get your weasel girl helper to plan your life for you. I didn't always want to go along with her dungeon-crawling plans, but her reproduction plans were far more solid than any I made myself.

I want that as a review quote on the cover of the physical copy.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Good to hear positive spin on Helldivers.

There is much spinning.

• Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    Helldivers is awesome. It's something to get in on early, though, since it's so co-op driven. Besides, those alien bugs hate Super Earth and our managed democracy. Plus, they said you guys look like dorks.

This aggression will not stand... man.

They look like dorks!

kvj48w1non8a.jpg

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    I want to let her do her thing, but sometimes she wants to secure an heir way too early. I've got stuff to do.

The reason this isn't some kind of sex-joke is that I had too much material to make up my mind.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Clearing out space to replace old PS+ indie game crap with new PS+ indie game crap. Velocity 2X might be the fastest I've ever gone from start to uninstall. Good lord does that game have bad controls. Spelunky at least lasted for a half hour or so before I got tired of it. At least Rogue Legacy had the goofy drawbacks and a thin veil of fake progression to keep me interested for a few hours, before I got to the same place with it.

Seems like every time I see you post, you're talking about how much you hate a game I really like (Velocity 2X).

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Helldivers is go! I haven't made it very far, but it seems like a ton of fun. I'm LutExIV for those interested in coop.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    So apparently some people aren't realizing this, but Atelier Shallie comes out for download next Tuesday. Get your alchemy on and finish Eschatology like I am before you grab the last(?) entry in the Dusk series.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Seems like every time I see you post, you're talking about how much you hate a game I really like (Velocity 2X).

From the still art and screenshots I saw, I really wanted to like the game. It looked really cool!

I thought it was a Metroidvania where the scifi girl does platforming and collects powerups and new guns and stuff.

Turns out it's one of those 'do this perfectly and as fast as possible' time trial 'play this stage for five hours trying to beat your last run's time' games. And I hate those. The really, really bad controls didn't help.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    I hate those games too, and I played the crap our of Velocity 2x.
    The controls take a little getting used to but I got the hang after a bit.

• Options
    Half of it is a shmup where you have to continuously pause to slowly and precisely maneuver a cursor around the screen. This would be the worst idea I've ever seen, but then there's the other half of the game.

The other half is a fast platformer where you continuously have to move your thumb away from the jump button (the one you use for PLATFORMING) to use the right stick to fire. The right stick fires. In a platformer. So you can't jump half the time, and you definitely can't jump and fire. Just like the shmup, you have to constantly pause in the middle of the action to slowly and precisely move the right stick around to move the 'cursor' of firing to hit things so you can grab collectibles.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I... apparently didn't play the game long enough to know there was a side scrolling aspect to it. Weird! :)

Didn't much care for the shump part and was bored after 3 levels. Eventually was deleted to make space.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Wow Helldivers looks really cool, I might have to pick it up.

• Options
    Zenitram wrote: »
    Wow Helldivers looks really cool, I might have to pick it up.

It's far more fun that it has any right to be, and for the price it is great. The online is good, if you can couch co-op it though, you simply MUST buy it.

• Options
    Valiant Hearts is pretty charming so far, but it's just a very very simple puzzle game. You can see the old-school point n' clicks in it's DNA, but without any of the complexity.

I'm guessing that it's only an hour or two to knock out?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Longer than that iirc. 4 hours maybe? The game mechanics don't get any more complex but it still kept me interested, I enjoyed the story and even the "edutainment" aspect of it.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch