Options

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    To me, it seems that since the PS3 days Square have been going out of their way to suck up to Microsoft and screw over Sony as much as they can. Nearly every console exclusive game that Playstation had has become multiplatform, and when they do make an exclusive it is usually on the Xbox side that it falls. But, that's just my take on it.

Not really. Most of those games went multiplatform because of the realities of modern game development. Shit is expensive, especially if you want them to look any good. Dragon Quest is really the only one that stayed an exclusive franchise and we'll surely see that continue with DQXI on the PS4.

Eidos/Square Enix Europe have leant towards Microsoft even before they were bought by Square Enix, selling the ending to Tomb Raider Underworld as 360 exclusive DLC. That's where all the current Tomb Raider crap comes from.

Square Enix Japan did try to go with Microsoft for a couple of years at the start of last gen (Star Ocean 4 timed exclusivity, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant and Sylpheed) but quickly learnt their lesson, like Namco with Tales, when those games bombed. At that point they started leaning back towards Sony, so you saw smaller budget games (Drakengard 3, Thexder Neo, Elevator Action Deluxe) and HD Collections (FFX/X-2, KH1.5, KH2.5) only on PS3.
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Wasn't FF11 cross platform between PS2 and PC, but 360 released later and was separate...?

Edit: After looking it up, they actually can all play together. Weird.

Yeah, FFXI was the one exception to that rule because Microsoft were desperate to get FF on the 360 and they wanted a decent launch title for the Japanese launch, where it was bundled in with every system. Now that they don't care about Japan or FF, they're not going to make any exceptions for FFXIV. I'm surprised anyone still has any hope for that.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    have they announced the free games for this month yet?
    I guess either way we will know in a few hours

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I get the feeling there's not going to be a PS+ update today. Unless they got some big game for PS4 or something and they want to keep it secret? I dunno, but I'm guessing we'll get the update next week. Maybe...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It reeks of "ohshitohshitohshit" flailing on Sony's part, and I'm not detecting much of a whiff of, "Won't these guys be surprised with this reveal".

• Options
    It is kind of weird to be secretive about it. I don't care if there's a delay as long as we do get an IGC update this month. March is already jam packed with games to begin with.

Seems odd to say nothing other than "we're working on it"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My guess is that either they are trying to get a really great game for the lineup but haven't nailed it down yet, or they had a game that they dropped the ball on somehow and now they're scrambling to replace it.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I understand that impression but this is just reinforcing the fact that Sony desperately needs some actual PR folks. Like, you know the "Community Managers" that actually do things for some MMO's? They need one of those and a good one to boot.

There would be so much less shit if they actually had an announcement "Yo, things are gonna be a bit late or something so here's some info and what not". It won't stop nerdrage but it will placate most of the reasonable people and so the nerdrage looks like what it is and can be ignored.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    If they do delay the IGC they're going to have to do something special for the people whose subs run out this month.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    If they do delay the IGC they're going to have to do something special for the people whose subs run out this month.

Why? If their subs run out they can't play them anyway.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

That's a week or three or however long it takes them to get their shit together that someone could have been using their sub to play the new games.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    My deep and abiding hope is that they're trying to rush to get N++ approved and that and Helldivers are going to be the free PS4 games for the month and I will poop myself.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

That's a week or three or however long it takes them to get their shit together that someone could have been using their sub to play the new games.

If the free games are so short you can blow through them all in a week or three everyone else would be bitching about the terrible selection of games this month.

• Options
    edited March 2015

If the free games are so short you can blow through them all in a week or three everyone else would be bitching about the terrible selection of games this month.

You don't have to be able to complete a game to be deprived of the time you could have spent playing it.

I'm just saying; if you make a promise that new IGC games come out on the first Tuesday of a month, and then they don't, you should make it right somehow..

Anyway this is all super premature. It's entirely possible that we will get a bunch of IGC games today.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Just give me Hotline Miami 2 on IGC this month and i'm good to go. =P

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I'm just saying; if you make a promise that new IGC games come out on the first Tuesday of a month, and then they don't, you should make it right somehow..

Kaz Hirai should personally come to your house, rub your feet and offer you your favourite icecream as an apology for the absolute fucking outrage that you don't know what your free games this month will be and that you might get your free games on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Cherry Garcia please, Kaz

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

Kaz Hirai should personally come to your house, rub your feet and offer you your favourite icecream as an apology for the absolute fucking outrage that you don't know what your free games this month will be and that you might get your free games on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

I was thinking more along the lines of a 1-week extension to PS+ subs but I mean

That sounds good

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Tangential .... @Professor Snugglesworth
    Not sure about that. FFXIV is one of their biggest moneymakers right now and there's no XB1 version.

[...]
    I believe there was a XB1 controller at one XIV event, and it was not used to play on any PC.
    Maybe other public hints as well.
    [...]
    And XBOne controller, like the 360 controller before it, is simply a standard PC controller someone needs to install nothing on their own for and works right out of the box.
    Which I believe is why people made sure to point out that it was never used to demo anything on any PC.

[edit] I have no problem being a member of the clearly superior PC&PS4+VITA crowd. I just want the XIV population to grow.

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

if he just wants to change the litter boxes we can call it done actually

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular

You can add the games to your cart and play them when you renew your subscription.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Samurai Warriors 4 doesn't look bad.

• Options

I'm 99% sure I have nary a fig to give

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Awesome!

Now where's the Vita version?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Haha, characters can be 270 cm in Bladestorm.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

That's uh....huge? No wait tiny!

Normal sized?

• Options

Normal sized?

they mean 270 cm WIDE

• Options
    Almost 9 feet? Foots?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Normal sized?

they mean 270 cm WIDE

Thats still ummm...
    Almost 9 feet? Foots?

Oh right! Yes I totally understand the metric system!

• Options
    NINE FEET WIDE

*pretend there's a link to the I Like Big Butts video here*

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    you barbarians and your insane system that NO OTHER COUNTRY in the world uses anymore.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Well, credit for tenacity.

• Options
    you barbarians and your insane system that NO OTHER COUNTRY in the world uses anymore.

We can't change it! We wont be able to tell how long our sandwiches are anymore...

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Or how much our hamburgers weighed!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Oops, you hit the DA button.

I am here to uphold the glorious standard of the inch, whose definition is the height of Americanism! The simplicity and ease of verification of what is truly an inch is a marvel of America's industry! The inch isn't merely a way of measurement, it is itself a measurement of the American Dedication to Truth, Justice and Apple Pie!

Official definition of the inch in spoilers, lest it blind the unwary:
    An inch is defined as 25.400 MM.

That's right, we farmed it out to those metric system folks. They really seem to know their stuff.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Looks like ps+ info is starting to leak out:

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    Looks like ps+ info is starting to leak out:
    It is posted on the PS Blog, too. Eff yeah, I'm happy with everything on there but Papo & Yo (which I already bought).

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Took 'em long enough. I demand a year of PS+ to compensate for the absolutely zero fucking harm caused.

• Options
    Super awesome if true!

I almost bought Oddworld over the weekend, so I'd love to get that. Already have Valiant Hearts, but it's a great freebie for those who haven't played it yet. Also OlliOlli2 would be the bee's knees.

Maybe that's why they're waiting, because of OlliOlli2?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    IT'S ON THE PS BLOG, HOMEY. IT'S OFFICIAL.