As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    nope, fortification rules are in stronghold assault now.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Whelp, there goes my idea to include it in my army list. I'm not buying another book for that.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Eldar are emerging from the webway:
    8wzoysmlhtzi.jpg
    nd268v47h3a6.jpg
    dmaqhfpf29i6.jpg
    8wer6k1phwiv.jpg
    And, yeah, that is a scatter laser that jet bike is carrying…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    So we can finally put the 2nd edition jetbikes to bed

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Those are nice. Really pretty. Time to add more bolters to my list.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    For fuck's sake, another Eldar 'dex already?

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Considering the recent harlequin solos. That autarch is a bit boring. nice jetbikes though!

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I like the autarch because I think he's going to be modular as fuck and they'll look awesome. You know, unless they just give him wings/sword/pistol/thoseareyouronlyoptionsshutupandtakeafarseer.

• Options
    For fuck's sake, another Eldar 'dex already?

At least it's not another space marine 'dex…

• Options
    I'm mostly just pissy because:

1) It's neither a Chaos bump, nor a Dark Eldar FAQ saying we can have Archons/Succubi on bikes
    2) I'm afriad they'll have dumb rules like, "All weapons have rending, scatter lasers provide 'triple-linked, strength D' rules to other weapons firing at the same target," silliness, and
    3) I'm so close to getting off work I can feel it and it's been a stupid poopbutt day.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Rumours are saying scatter lasers lost the twin linked thing and Wraithknights got changed to Lords of War.
    Which sounds scarily sensible.

To be honest with full plastic mechanicus, harlequins, new jet bikes, rumours of plastic horus heresy...I'm kinda getting hopeful for something Emperor's Children/Slaanesh demonkin. Shit's crazy. Crazy enough for Slaanesh? Maybe...

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Badablack wrote: »
    That helped a great deal, thanks. Cyber flintlock it is!
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Rumours are saying scatter lasers lost the twin linked thing and Wraithknights got changed to Lords of War.

To be honest with full plastic mechanicus, harlequins, new jet bikes, rumours of plastic horus heresy...I'm kinda getting hopeful for something Emperor's Children/Slaanesh demonkin. Shit's crazy. Crazy enough for Slaanesh? Maybe...

On the other hand there also seem to be some really not so sensible changes. According to the latest White Dwarf Distortion weapons are now also Destroyer weapons and every bike in the squad can exchange the catapults for Scatter Lasers or Shuriken Cannons for merely 10 points. Bikes also still have the 3+ armour save and cost the same as before.

Hopefully the WD is wrong and only heavy D-cannons are destroyer weapons and the weapon options for the bikes has a typo.

honovere on
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    No scatter deepstrike strength D wraithguard via an allied DE character is both hilarious and makes me think this can't possibly be true.

If teh rumoured formations are true Iyanden lost the 1-5 spiritseers as an option (just as I started painting 5).

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I am super excited about these new Eldar.

SUPER EXCITED

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

Shit's never crazy enough for Slaanesh.

I will still hold vigil with you that shit does get cray enough to get some Slaanesh demonkin stuff.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    We put the schlong into "long vigil"
    We put the schlong into everything

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Horus Heresy book five, Tempest coming soon. The end of the video should excite some people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6PdkKqB2I

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I'm a little disappointed by the Warlock. Especially the sleeves don't look great. And if the Farseer is just a head swap instead of a completely different torso with the typical cloak that would be a bit lame. Windrisers look fine and Autarch is great, he also has a new weapon option it seems, fusion pistol.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I think it looks like a Prism Cannon crystal and for a fleeting moment hoped for a Prism Pistol.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Are the old tortoiseshell Warlord Titans coming back? In all these years I've never really warmed to the BattleTech style redesign.

• Options
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Are the old tortoiseshell Warlord Titans coming back? In all these years I've never really warmed to the BattleTech style redesign.

Not quite. It's just another example of Forge World taking the best bits of the previous iterations, smooshing them together, and coming up with something utterly amazing.
    Also it's 40k scale.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, but that just looks straight up like an Adeptus Titanicus/Epic Space Marine 1st edition Warlord Titan. I'd always assumed that they had to do the redesign because of weird legal reasons like maybe Jes Goodwin owned the rights or something, but then the new Knights came out looking like baby 1E Warlords, and now this.

• Options
    Is that a Warlord?

oh my god

I know what I'm auctioning off my firstborn for.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, geth. You silly.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Geth will be first in line for that firstborn.

• Options
    Banner added to the sergeant and Fist brass added. Next in line is to prime and basecoat. That involves breaking out the airbrush, and I cannot do that right now, so that may be done later today. In the meantime, I was playing around with my list. I'm thinking of switching out the chaplain with a librarian. He would also run with the terminators, but have the added psychic powers to boot. I'm running Sentinels of Terra, so I can give him the Bones of Osrak which generates an extra warp charge each round.

I still need to shave off about 11 points to make it a well-rounded 2000 points. And I want to increase the number of bikes. I'm not sure what to drop. unless its this extra tac squad I just added in.
    Combined Arms Detachment (2006 pts)
    Librarian in Terminator Armour, Force Stave; Psyker (Mastery Level 2) w/ The Bones of Osrak
    Terminator Assault Squad: Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x5 w/ Land Raider Redeemer
    Ironclad Dreadnought w/ Meltagun; Power Fist; Seismic Hammer; Storm Bolter; Ironclad Assault Launchers w/ Drop Pod
    10 man Tactical Squad w/ Meltagun; Heavy Bolter and Drop Pod
    10 man Tactical Squad: Plasma gun; Heavy Bolter, Combi-Flamer & Drop Pod
    10 man Tactical Squad: Flamer; Heavy Bolter
    5 man Scout Squad w/ Heavy Bolter
    3 man Bike Squad: Meltagun x2 w/ Attack Bike w/ Multi-melta, Combi-Meltagun
    Stormtalon Gunship:Twin-Linked Assault Cannon; Skyhammer Missiles
    Devastator Squad: Lascannon x4 w/ Razorback: Twin-Linked Lascannon)
    Thunderfire Cannon

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I've come up with a radically new plan. Instead of worrying about painting each part and then put it into play, I've decided to assemble as much as I can, then paint it. Granted, this won't follow my original plan of getting each part ready and painted before heading off to the table, but, and this is a radical idea, I will actually be able to play with my army in the meantime, while I'm painting it.

Crazy, I know. But I'm tired of passing up games just because I don't have my army ready. I really want it all painted before playing, but it will be a good long while before all this is completed and I want to play now. Not to mention, the local group is pretty good about this. They''re all working toiwards completing their armies too, and plenty of bare plastic is on the table, but they promote painting it.

With my rejiggered list, I only have a Redeemer, one bike (maybe) and two drop pods to buy, and then I can begin playing with the army as imagined now.

I plan to paint up all the troops first and see how the other parts work, because they may end up getting replaced.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I still don't know why anyone would ever want to use a Warlord, unless the only joy they get out of wargaming is telling opponents what entire units to remove from the table in the order they want them removed.

Like... that thing should never have even been contemplated for a game of 40k.

• Options
  • Options
    Assassins! Looks like the game pitches them against each other?

Though I have to say the artwork shown in that clip is missing that Warhammer atmosphere. I feel like that is true for a lot of the more recent GW offerings. The Skitarii codex has only a single Blanche piece and the rest is all digital paintings.

The move to digital and external instead of in-house artists sure means that they can do more and coloured artwork for the books, but I’ll miss the more personal styles of earlier.

• Options
    Nah, these are just not very good digital pieces. There are digital artists capable of creating characterful and personal pieces that would suit wh40k very well.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    So people seem to think that the new Eldar Codex is both fair and balanced ...

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Asher wrote: »
    So people seem to think that the new Eldar Codex is both fair and balanced ...

From what I've seen so far the Aspect part of the codex seems to be quite well done with a toned down Serpent and even units like the Banshees being characterful and usable this time.

Where GW lost me are the Jetbikes, D-weapons on Wraithguard and the pointcost of the Wraithknight. Those are all completely over the top in my opinion.

• Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    The codex was already one of the strongest and the amount of units that have improved this time round far exceeds the amount that have worsened.
    It will take a while to get to grips with all the changes but I'm glad it's not just a cut and paste of the old units for 90% of the rules.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Assassins! Looks like the game pitches them against each other?

Though I have to say the artwork shown in that clip is missing that Warhammer atmosphere. I feel like that is true for a lot of the more recent GW offerings. The Skitarii codex has only a single Blanche piece and the rest is all digital paintings.

The move to digital and external instead of in-house artists sure means that they can do more and coloured artwork for the books, but I’ll miss the more personal styles of earlier.

The rumours are that it is a coop game
    A brand new co-operative game for one to four players who control four Imperial Assassins, as they attempt to assassinate a Chaos Sorcerer and end a dark ritual, which will destroy a star system.

It contains everything you need to play to defeat the Chaos Space Marines Sorcerer. The game comes with:

- 4 brand new multipart plastic Imperial Assassins – a Callidus, a Cullexus, an Eversor and a Vindicare
    - A Chaos Space Marines Terminator Lord and familiar (existing 43-12)
    - 3 Chaos Space Marines (existing 35-31)
    - 15 Chaos Cultists (existing 3x 35-34)
    - A rulebook, board sections, cards, counters and dice
    - A missions book

I think I also read somewhere, that the new Assassins would eventually be added to 40k range by themselves.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I don't think it is a problem per se that several units were buffed, the strenght of the codex was very lopsided to a few partiular units like the Knight, Spiders, Serpent, Scythe Guard. Some other units really needed a buff, like Banshees and the Hemlock. It is just baffling thought that the Knight and Wraithguard in particular were improved so much.

I think the possibilities to run an effective Swordwind army without having to rely to heavy on the firepower of the Serpent that open up with the new rules for Aspect Warriors and their formations are pretty great. The prospect of running footslogging Banshees and Scorpions is exactly what I want.

On the other hand I don't think I'll expand my small unit of old metal Wraithguard, just seems over the top. The D-Scythes in particular are excessive.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    I've been planning out some Dark Eldar lists and how I want to progress with the army over time. Looking for tips, suggestions, and comments though! I'm not concerned about being super competitive but I do want to have fun and not be steam rolled.

500 points:
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-trap, Power Sword
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x8 - Raider
    • Talos

750 points:
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-trap, The Djin Blade
    • Incubi x4 - Venom, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Cannon
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

1000 points:
    • Haemonculus - Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks, Sybarite
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks, Sybarite
    • Razorwing Jetfighter - Dark Lances, Necrotoxin Missiles
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

1500 points:
    • Haemonculus - Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Mandrakes x5 - Nightfiend
    • Razorwing Jetfighter - Dark Lances, Necrotoxin Missiles
    • Cronos - Spirit Probe
    • Talos - Ichor Injector, Twin-linked Heat Lance

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    I've come up with a radically new plan. Instead of worrying about painting each part and then put it into play, I've decided to assemble as much as I can, then paint it. Granted, this won't follow my original plan of getting each part ready and painted before heading off to the table, but, and this is a radical idea, I will actually be able to play with my army in the meantime, while I'm painting it.

Crazy, I know. But I'm tired of passing up games just because I don't have my army ready. I really want it all painted before playing, but it will be a good long while before all this is completed and I want to play now. Not to mention, the local group is pretty good about this. They''re all working toiwards completing their armies too, and plenty of bare plastic is on the table, but they promote painting it.

With my rejiggered list, I only have a Redeemer, one bike (maybe) and two drop pods to buy, and then I can begin playing with the army as imagined now.

I plan to paint up all the troops first and see how the other parts work, because they may end up getting replaced.

Welcome to the dark side.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    Yeah, yeah. It will be painted. You know... eventually.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My Imperial Fists got fucking steamrolled yesterday. I was play vs. Blood Angels with Space Wolves allies. We were kind of playing the same list (DROP PODS). I knew things were going to go very poorly when he blew up a Land Raider and Vindicator in turn 1.

This discussion has been closed.