As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Ouch.

I plan to use my bikes for blowing up vehicles. I need more bikes though. Maybe I should drop the third tac squad down to 5 men just to include more bikes. I don't want the bikes going down too fast because I can't soak up enough wounds.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Yeah, yeah. It will be painted. You know... eventually.

Sure it will, buddy. Sure it will.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ouch.

I plan to use my bikes for blowing up vehicles. I need more bikes though. Maybe I should drop the third tac squad down to 5 men just to include more bikes. I don't want the bikes going down too fast because I can't soak up enough wounds.

what's your list look like?

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I've been planning out some Dark Eldar lists and how I want to progress with the army over time. Looking for tips, suggestions, and comments though! I'm not concerned about being super competitive but I do want to have fun and not be steam rolled.
    500 points:
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-trap, Power Sword
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x8 - Raider
    • Talos

This looks pretty good, but if that Talos goes down, you're probably not going to be able to pop any vehicles your opponent may have. If you like it, keep it the way it is. If your opponent wants to bring tanks at this level, try to get the Talos into punching range or slap your opponent physically for bringing tanks at 500 points.
    750 points:
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-trap, The Djin Blade
    • Incubi x4 - Venom, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Cannon
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

This looks okay, but I have some quibbles with it. The Djin blade is a dumb piece of doody-butt wargear now, you can leave that off. Try to find points for the following:
    -Agonizer/power sword for the Archon
    -Splinter Cannons for your Warriors (more shots!)
    -Dark Lances for your Raiders (the transport might be able to pop a transport and your warriors can then shoot up the squishy insides)

You can free up some points by:
    -Trading that Djin blade for something that won't kill your Archon
    -Dropping the sails from the Raiders (if you warriors in them, you don't really want to be turbo-boosting around)
    -Dropping the Grisly Trophies from the Venom (they're just too situational)

1000 points:
    • Haemonculus - Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks, Sybarite
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks, Sybarite
    • Razorwing Jetfighter - Dark Lances, Necrotoxin Missiles
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

Again, looks solid. I'm especially fond of the Razorwing. Again, find some points for Lances and Splinter Racks on your Raiders, give your Warriors Splinter Cannons. Since you're running Sybarites now, give them Haywire Grenades (they're 5 points and almost always drop a hullpoint). The Liquefier Gun is pretty underwhelming now, I like the Scissorhand on my Haemies (I'll elaborate on this in your 1500 point list, but with this list, maybe just a splinter pistol will suffice.)
    1500 points:
    • Haemonculus - Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Mandrakes x5 - Nightfiend
    • Razorwing Jetfighter - Dark Lances, Necrotoxin Missiles
    • Cronos - Spirit Probe
    • Talos - Ichor Injector, Twin-linked Heat Lance

I like this list!

Same quibbles as before in regards to your Raiders and Warriors (get lances for your cars, cannons for your mans). Drop that second squad of Incubi for something else, you won't be needing them (maybe Warriors with a blaster and Sybarite with haywire grenades). Maybe split that third Raider into two squads of Warriors with blaster/haywire grenade Sybarite as you're a little light on anti-tank stuff. Option 2 is to grab a squad of haywire blaster scourge (I love the 5-man squad deep striking behind vehicles and just glancing them down). Tell those Mandrakes to kick rocks, you have Scourges to buy.

Now, about that Haemonculous and his Talos and Cronos buddies. These guys (and/or gals) are bestest friends and they should always be hanging out together. Make them into the Dark Artisan formation (that haemonculous is an artist, and he wants to show off his work!). This allows all three to be a single unit, which is pretty fucking rad. Give your Haemey a webway portal because getting to the art gallery is going to be a nightmare with all the traffic if you take the main roads, and a scissorhand so he can not be useless in fights. Now, you have a Haemonculous with an AP3 rending hand, a Talos with guns and fists and a Cronos with whatever the hell you want it to have deepstriking without scattering where ever you need them causing all kinds of havoc.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    While we are talking about Dark Eldar. I have some boxes of warriors, wytches, scourges, reavers, 2 venoms, and 2 Raiders lying around and been looking at the latest codex to see what to do with them as a single force or as an allied detachment.

There really is no unit beside Incubi and the court to add an HQ in a Venom, right? Kabalites and wytches plus character only works in a Raider and you lose out on weapon option if you do so? From the models I have trueborn seems the most sensible option then to add an Archon, I guess.

Comparing trueborn to bloodbrides and their respective weapon options is just sad. I know wytches are kind of bad in general, but if bloodbrides had as many options as the trueborn I think I would actually consider using them and a succubus in a Raider.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Incubi are the only ones, yeah (besides the Court). wish Trueborn could be a 4-man squad so I could just have 5 blasters in a Venom and be done with it.

Incubi were kinda designed to hang out an HQ in a Venom, I think, I can't ever really justify putting them in a Venom by themselves. And, if you have the money and the points, you can just stick like, 8 Sslyth in a Raider for your HQ and just puttputt around the board shooting things.

I'm sticking my HQs with Incubi (or Grotesques, if I'm running fighty Archon) and putting them in a Venom (or Raider if they're Grotesques). It can deepstrike if needed, it puts a hurtin' on infantry to soften them up before the pain train pulls into the station.

What I'm trying to say, is that you really can't go wrong and Dark Eldar are awesome.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Ouch.

what's your list look like?

I'll have to repost it tonight. The one I posted last page no longer applies. I still want to run my chaplain instead of a librarian.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    @Extreaminatus Thank you! You've given me a lot to think about!
    500 points: ...
    This looks pretty good, but if that Talos goes down, you're probably not going to be able to pop any vehicles your opponent may have. If you like it, keep it the way it is. If your opponent wants to bring tanks at this level, try to get the Talos into punching range or slap your opponent physically for bringing tanks at 500 points.
    No real comment here. You're thinking exactly what I was thinking.
    750 points: ...
    This looks okay, but I have some quibbles with it. The Djin blade is a dumb piece of doody-butt wargear now, you can leave that off. Try to find points for the following:
    -Agonizer/power sword for the Archon
    -Splinter Cannons for your Warriors (more shots!)
    -Dark Lances for your Raiders (the transport might be able to pop a transport and your warriors can then shoot up the squishy insides)

You can free up some points by:
    -Trading that Djin blade for something that won't kill your Archon
    -Dropping the sails from the Raiders (if you warriors in them, you don't really want to be turbo-boosting around)
    -Dropping the Grisly Trophies from the Venom (they're just too situational)
    The Archon was supposed to have a Power Sword here but I'll explain why I picked the Djin Blade later. I'll try to free up points for the Dark Lances though. Probably find those by dropping the sails and trophies.
    1000 points: ...
    Again, looks solid. I'm especially fond of the Razorwing. Again, find some points for Lances and Splinter Racks on your Raiders, give your Warriors Splinter Cannons. Since you're running Sybarites now, give them Haywire Grenades (they're 5 points and almost always drop a hullpoint). The Liquefier Gun is pretty underwhelming now, I like the Scissorhand on my Haemies (I'll elaborate on this in your 1500 point list, but with this list, maybe just a splinter pistol will suffice.)
    Same as above for finding points for Lances and Cannons and such. I'll look through the Haemonculus war gear again though.
    So the reason I took the Djin Blade over the other options...
    • Having Soul-Trap on the Archon causes the Agoniser to be less effective if you manage to gain strength and there's no AP
    • The Power Sword is AP 3 but the Husk Blade or Djin Blade give more bonuses
    • The Husk Blade has instant death and in the Dark Eldar FAQ says you only get +1 strength from Soul-Trap on instant death wounds
    • You can take a Feel No Pain save on the Djin Blade if you roll a 1. So you only have a 1/9 chance of take a wound (1/12 if you have a Cronos nearby)
    1500 points: ...
    I like this list!

Same quibbles as before in regards to your Raiders and Warriors (get lances for your cars, cannons for your mans). Drop that second squad of Incubi for something else, you won't be needing them (maybe Warriors with a blaster and Sybarite with haywire grenades). Maybe split that third Raider into two squads of Warriors with blaster/haywire grenade Sybarite as you're a little light on anti-tank stuff. Option 2 is to grab a squad of haywire blaster scourge (I love the 5-man squad deep striking behind vehicles and just glancing them down). Tell those Mandrakes to kick rocks, you have Scourges to buy.

Now, about that Haemonculous and his Talos and Cronos buddies. These guys (and/or gals) are bestest friends and they should always be hanging out together. Make them into the Dark Artisan formation (that haemonculous is an artist, and he wants to show off his work!). This allows all three to be a single unit, which is pretty fucking rad. Give your Haemey a webway portal because getting to the art gallery is going to be a nightmare with all the traffic if you take the main roads, and a scissorhand so he can not be useless in fights. Now, you have a Haemonculous with an AP3 rending hand, a Talos with guns and fists and a Cronos with whatever the hell you want it to have deepstriking without scattering where ever you need them causing all kinds of havoc.
    Mostly as above. If you couldn't guess, all of the lists built off the ones that came before them. Which is probably why all of them have similar comments. I'll find points for Cannons and Lances and such. I'll look through the war on the Haemonculus and I'll look at that formation for sure! I didn't really look at Scourges but I will give them a glance.

Thank you again! I'd love to hear what you think about my opinions on the Djin Blade.

• Options
    Yeah, yeah. It will be painted. You know... eventually.

Sure it will, buddy. Sure it will.

I'll show you! I'll show you all! :bigfrown:

:)

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    @Extreaminatus Thank you! You've given me a lot to think about!

So the reason I took the Djin Blade over the other options...
    • Having Soul-Trap on the Archon causes the Agoniser to be less effective if you manage to gain strength and there's no AP
    • The Power Sword is AP 3 but the Husk Blade or Djin Blade give more bonuses
    • The Husk Blade has instant death and in the Dark Eldar FAQ says you only get +1 strength from Soul-Trap on instant death wounds
    • You can take a Feel No Pain save on the Djin Blade if you roll a 1. So you only have a 1/9 chance of take a wound (1/12 if you have a Cronos nearby)

Thank you again! I'd love to hear what you think about my opinions on the Djin Blade.

-Having a Soul-Trap with an Agonizer makes it more effective if you get the +S since that'll enable you to re-roll the poison damage. Also, the Agonizer is AP3, so it's a cool-dude power sword that hurts MCs on a 4+!

-The power sword is AP3, and gives no other benefits except that it's dirt cheap, which is nice.

I just went back over the stuff for the Djin Blade, it's not as bad as I thought, but it costs just as much as an Agonizer/Power Sword combo does for a net loss of 1 attack, but you gain the ability to hurt T4+ on a 4+, re-rollable with the Agnoizer, and if you keep getting the +S from Soul-Trap that roll gets lower and lower with the power sword.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Where GW lost me are the Jetbikes, D-weapons on Wraithguard and the pointcost of the Wraithknight. Those are all completely over the top in my opinion.

Haha, really?

Like, compare to the Heirodule. The Wraithknight is tougher, faster, hits harder in both melee and range, and is a few hundred points cheaper.

The Wraithknight is still batshit insane for what it costs.

• Options

-Having a Soul-Trap with an Agonizer makes it more effective if you get the +S since that'll enable you to re-roll the poison damage. Also, the Agonizer is AP3, so it's a cool-dude power sword that hurts MCs on a 4+!

-The power sword is AP3, and gives no other benefits except that it's dirt cheap, which is nice.

I just went back over the stuff for the Djin Blade, it's not as bad as I thought, but it costs just as much as an Agonizer/Power Sword combo does for a net loss of 1 attack, but you gain the ability to hurt T4+ on a 4+, re-rollable with the Agnoizer, and if you keep getting the +S from Soul-Trap that roll gets lower and lower with the power sword.
    I'm fairly new to actually playing games so I took a re-look at poison and you're right. An Angoniser is way better. Hopefully eventually having 2-up rerollable to wound AP 3 hits? Yes please! Edited and updated list to follow (leaving out the unchanged 500 point list).

750 points:
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-Trap, Power Sword
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Talos

1000 points:
    I couldn't find anything to do with 10 points so the Aethersails got put back on after being removed from the 750 point list.
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-Trap, Angoniser
    • Haemonculus - Scissorhand
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dark Lance, Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dark Lance, Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Razorwing Jetfighter - 2x Dark Lances, 4x Necrotoxin Missles
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

1500 points:
    So I'm actually conflicted on the Scourges weaponry. I'm having a hard time choosing between the Heat Lances and Haywire Blasters. Points for the Hayware Blasters are longer range and more likely to glance. The Heat Lances are much more likely to penetrate if you're in Melta range though. They're the same points cost though and I guess penetrating isn't that big of a deal if you can glance anything to death...
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
    • Scourges x5 - x4 Heat Lance, Solarite
    Dark Artisan Formation:
    • Cronos - Spirit Probe
    • Haemonculus - Scissorhand, Sindriq's Sump
    • Talos - Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Head Lance

• Options
    edited April 2015
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Where GW lost me are the Jetbikes, D-weapons on Wraithguard and the pointcost of the Wraithknight. Those are all completely over the top in my opinion.

Haha, really?

Like, compare to the Heirodule. The Wraithknight is tougher, faster, hits harder in both melee and range, and is a few hundred points cheaper.

Exactly. depending on loadout the Knight is like 75 - 150 points undercosted

honovere on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    -Loki- wrote: »

Haha, really?

Exactly. depending on loadout the Knight is like 75 - 150 points undercosted

Ah, I thought you were arguing the other way. Don't mind me. I've seen plenty of griping from Eldar players who think the Wraithknight got shafted on the points cost being too high now.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    So, stand-alone assassin game. With new plastic assassin models:
    va0pvi86476b.jpg

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Awesome poses, though I'd take the Callidus and put her leaping off something a bit closer to the ground. She's kinda ridiculously tall otherwise.

• Options
    Callidus is amazing.

• Options
    Incubi are the only ones, yeah (besides the Court). wish Trueborn could be a 4-man squad so I could just have 5 blasters in a Venom and be done with it.

Incubi were kinda designed to hang out an HQ in a Venom, I think, I can't ever really justify putting them in a Venom by themselves. And, if you have the money and the points, you can just stick like, 8 Sslyth in a Raider for your HQ and just puttputt around the board shooting things.

I'm sticking my HQs with Incubi (or Grotesques, if I'm running fighty Archon) and putting them in a Venom (or Raider if they're Grotesques). It can deepstrike if needed, it puts a hurtin' on infantry to soften them up before the pain train pulls into the station.

What I'm trying to say, is that you really can't go wrong and Dark Eldar are awesome.

Thanks, Incubi would be my preference I think, models are very pretty. At the moment I'm not planning to buy any more models than the plastics I have, though (Too much to paint already). So right now I'm thinking of some Trueborn in a raider to ad the HQ to.

• Options

I'm fairly new to actually playing games so I took a re-look at poison and you're right. An Angoniser is way better. Hopefully eventually having 2-up rerollable to wound AP 3 hits? Yes please! Edited and updated list to follow (leaving out the unchanged 500 point list).

750 points:
    • Archon - Shadow Field, Soul-Trap, Power Sword
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Talos

I like it. Looks good!
    1000 points:
    I couldn't find anything to do with 10 points so the Aethersails got put back on after being removed from the 750 point list.
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

10 points, I think, will get you a power sword for the Archon and the special splinter pistol for your Haemonculous. Speaking of, where is he going? There's no room in the Raiders, and the Venom is full up, too. Maybe drop an Incubi to put him in there? It'll make that whole car stronger and more durable. If you go that route, use the extra points to upgrade an Incubi to a Klaivex and get him rampage (it's soooooo worth the points since you'll almost always be outnumbered).
    1500 points:
    So I'm actually conflicted on the Scourges weaponry. I'm having a hard time choosing between the Heat Lances and Haywire Blasters. Points for the Hayware Blasters are longer range and more likely to glance. The Heat Lances are much more likely to penetrate if you're in Melta range though. They're the same points cost though and I guess penetrating isn't that big of a deal if you can glance anything to death...
    • Incubi x4 - Venom
    • Scourges x5 - x4 Heat Lance, Solarite
    Dark Artisan Formation:
    • Cronos - Spirit Probe
    • Haemonculus - Scissorhand, Sindriq's Sump
    • Talos - Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Head Lance

This looks good, too. Sindriq's Sump was a great choice for the Haemonculus. I think a webway portal should be on him, too, but you can still have the cronos buff up nearby units for more turns by starting them out in your deployment zone.

Re: Scourge Weapons
    I like haywire blasters because they become more reliable if you get a bad scatter on a deep strike and since they have longer range, you can get them into position faster if you start them on the board. And unlike the heat lances, you don't have to worry so much about fluffing your pen rolls. I like the idea of heat lances on them, but I just can't trust my scatter dice to not fuck me. Heat lances are fucking great on Reavers and the Talos though, and I applaud your choice in the Dark Artisan formation.

• Options
    I brought all my pieces, glue, and some pinning material to work. I should have a biker sergeant with combi-melta by the time lunch is over.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I like it. Looks good!
    The 750 point list is cut from this post because it seems pretty solid now.
    10 points, I think, will get you a power sword for the Archon and the special splinter pistol for your Haemonculous. Speaking of, where is he going? There's no room in the Raiders, and the Venom is full up, too. Maybe drop an Incubi to put him in there? It'll make that whole car stronger and more durable. If you go that route, use the extra points to upgrade an Incubi to a Klaivex and get him rampage (it's soooooo worth the points since you'll almost always be outnumbered).
    The old list had the Haemonculus in the second Venom and I didn't even think of where to put him when I removed it! Dropped an Incubi, but him in the Venom and had the points to get Sybarites with Haywire Grenades.
    1000 points:
    • Archon - Agoniser, Shadow Field, Soul-Trap
    • Incubi x3 - Venom
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades
    • Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades
    • Razorwing Jetfighter - 2x Dark Lances, Necrotoxin Missles
    • Talos - Ichor Injector

This looks good, too. Sindriq's Sump was a great choice for the Haemonculus. I think a webway portal should be on him, too, but you can still have the cronos buff up nearby units for more turns by starting them out in your deployment zone.

Re: Scourge Weapons
    I like haywire blasters because they become more reliable if you get a bad scatter on a deep strike and since they have longer range, you can get them into position faster if you start them on the board. And unlike the heat lances, you don't have to worry so much about fluffing your pen rolls. I like the idea of heat lances on them, but I just can't trust my scatter dice to not fuck me. Heat lances are fucking great on Reavers and the Talos though, and I applaud your choice in the Dark Artisan formation.
    So I hadn't looked at the Dark Eldar supplement before making these lists but I had planned to use the models for the Dark Artisan formation anyway. So when you suggested it it was an easy choice to make. Sindriq's Sump seemed like the best war gear option out of the available ones. I'd love to find room for a Webway Portal but I just don't know where to cut 35 points to fit it in...

I think I'll just try both the Haywire Blasters and Heat Lances out when the army gets this big. They're the same points cost and they both have benefits and drawbacks. It's probably situational and I'll learn what I need as I go.

Thanks again for all of the help!

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    I love the Coven supplement, getting dudes ready for some of the formations myself.

lA33s1r.jpg
    dyKgVpO.jpg

4 of 5 talos ready to go for corpse thief claw formation, the tails luckily dont need glued in and can be swapped out for the tendrils to make it more like a cronos if i ever need them.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ohh! An old metal Talos! I love those things. Your stuff is looking good so far!
    That's a lot of Taloi!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Those grotesques need to be lined up like part of a dance-fighting street gang.
    031-west-side-story-theredlist.jpeg[img][/img]

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yay! My dice arrived! Now I can game it up in style!

003_zpsquhwauzf.jpg

And here is the bike sergeant I glued together today. Just one more bike to assemble, then I'm done assembling bikes.

002_zpsfyhwdnzq.jpg

Eww. Now I see mold lines and plastic bits from the holes I drilled. BRB.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    WoozlWoozl Registered User regular
    Lubony wrote: »
    dyKgVpO.jpg

These look great.

I started prepping my rat ogres for conversion last night. I tried to remove the hair on the first one , it was a huge mistake. Way too much work and now it looks all wrong. I think I'm going to just cut arms / slap on bits and call it a day.

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    @valhalla130 Those dice are great, who did you end up ordering them from?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Chessex. i just sent them an email and followed their order form. I couldn't make much sense of their website.

In other news, I just realized I forgot to glue a biker's backpack on. Doh!

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would totally get those in a larger size. Can't stand those tiny dice.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    @BreakfastPM, I keep forgetting this but, let me show you what I have cooked up for 1500 points (and then everybody can critique me).

1496pts, DE Goodness:
    Succubus
    -Archite Glaive
    -Haywire Grenades
    -Armorr of Misery

Incubi x4
    -Klaivex
    --Rampage
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Razorwing
    -Dark Lances
    -Nightshield
    -Splinter Cannon

Reavers x6
    -Cluster Caltrops x2
    -Heat Lance x2

Scourges x5
    -Hawire Blasters x4

Scourges x5
    -Haywire Blasters x4

Dark Artisan Formation:
    Cronos
    -Spirit Vortex

Haemonculous
    -Scissorhand
    -Sindriq's Sump
    -Webway Portal

Talos
    -Ichor injector

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    @BreakfastPM, I keep forgetting this but, let me show you what I have cooked up for 1500 points (and then everybody can critique me).

1496pts, DE Goodness:
    Succubus
    -Archite Glaive
    -Haywire Grenades
    -Armorr of Misery

Incubi x4
    -Klaivex
    --Rampage
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Razorwing
    -Dark Lances
    -Nightshield
    -Splinter Cannon

Reavers x6
    -Cluster Caltrops x2
    -Heat Lance x2

Scourges x5
    -Hawire Blasters x4

Scourges x5
    -Haywire Blasters x4

Dark Artisan Formation:
    Cronos
    -Spirit Vortex

Haemonculous
    -Scissorhand
    -Sindriq's Sump
    -Webway Portal

Talos
    -Ichor injector
    So much goodness! I love when two people have completely different ideas for the same army. Especially one that doesn't have millions of models like Space Marines.

No critiques of that really because I haven't even played a 1500 point game. My list was for months down the line from now. I do have some questions and comments though. So little armor! I went a lot heavier on vehicles. Also, why only the one troop choice? That's got to hurt a bit in objective securing games.

• Options
    Whoops! There's supposed to be two of those squads. I made an edit to update that!

As for why I'm not going heavy on the vehicles: Ours are made of something weak. Like Raditz. Or paper mache. I don't ever put too much stock on our vehicles. I'd much rather have things that can pop up, take down armor and let other elements pick apart what's left.

I do have a list idea with 2 Ravagers and all guns and pewpew, but this is the list I'm aiming for finishing first.

• Options
    I would totally get those in a larger size. Can't stand those tiny dice.

These are the bigger dice. I can't stand the tiny dice either. These are nice and hefty.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    oh snap

send the stuff to do the things so i too can do the same things with the same stuff

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So I might like the Skitarii book a lot. Like maybe too much?
    Anyway, I made a list:
    +++ Skitarii 0001 (1850pts) +++

++ Skitarii: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (905pts) ++

+ Formation (905pts) +

Sicarian Killclade (905pts)
    Malignant Susurrations, Slaughtersprint
    ····Sicarian Infiltrators (375pts) [Flechette Blasters and Taser Goads, Sicarian Battle Armour, 9x Sicarian Infiltrator (315pts)]
    ····Bulky, Burst Pistol, Doctrina Imperatives, Dunestrider, Feel No Pain, Infiltrate, Neurostatic Aura, Shred, Stealth, Taser
    ········Infiltrator Princeps (60pts) [The Phase Taser (15pts)]
    ········Interdimensional Electrocution, Taser
    ····Sicarian Ruststalkers (175pts) [Sicarian Battle Armour, 4x Sicarian Ruststalker (120pts), Transonic razor, Chordclaw, and Mindscrambler Grenades]
    ····Bulky, Doctrina Imperatives, Dunestrider, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Haywire, Molecular Dissonance, Neural Trauma, Transonic
    ········Ruststalker Princeps (55pts) [Prehensile Dataspike (10pts), Refractor field (5pts)]
    ········Dataspike, Haywire, Specialist Weapon
    ····Sicarian Ruststalkers (180pts) [Sicarian Battle Armour, 4x Sicarian Ruststalker (120pts), Two Transonic blades]
    ····Bulky, Doctrina Imperatives, Dunestrider, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Transonic
    ········Ruststalker Princeps (60pts) [Chordclaw (5pts), Prehensile Dataspike (10pts), Refractor field (5pts)]
    ········Dataspike, Haywire, Molecular Dissonance, Specialist Weapon, Transonic
    ····Sicarian Ruststalkers (175pts) [Sicarian Battle Armour, 4x Sicarian Ruststalker (120pts), Transonic razor, Chordclaw, and Mindscrambler Grenades]
    ····Bulky, Doctrina Imperatives, Dunestrider, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Haywire, Molecular Dissonance, Neural Trauma, Transonic
    ········Ruststalker Princeps (55pts) [Prehensile Dataspike (10pts), Refractor field (5pts)]
    ········Dataspike, Haywire, Specialist Weapon
    Profiles:
    Infiltrator Princeps: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:3|W:2|I:4|A:3|Ld:9|Save:4+/6++|Codex: Skitarii p60
    Ruststalker Princeps: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:3|W:2|I:4|A:3|Ld:9|Save:4+/6++|Codex: Skitarii p59
    Sicarian Infiltrator: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:3|W:2|I:4|A:2|Ld:8|Save:4+/6++|Codex: Skitarii p60
    Sicarian Ruststalker: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:3|W:2|I:4|A:2|Ld:8|Save:4+/6++|Codex: Skitarii p59
    Refractor Field: Description:5++ invulnerable save|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Sicarian Battle Armour: Description:4+ Armour Save and 6++ Invulnerable save|Codex: Skitarii p77
    Chordclaw: Range:-|Strength:User|AP:5|Type:Melee, Molecular Dissonance, Transonic|Codex: Skitarii p75
    Flechette Blaster: Range:12"|Strength:2|AP:-|Type:Burst Pistol, Shred|Codex: Skitarii p72
    Mindscrambler Grenades (Melee): Range:-|Strength:3|AP:4|Type:Haywire, no I penalty for charging to cover|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Mindscrambler Grenades (Ranged): Range:8"|Strength:X|AP:4|Type:Assault 1, Blast, Haywire, Neural Trauma|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Prehensile Dataspike: Range:-|Strength:User|AP:5|Type:Melee, Dataspike, Haywire, Specialist Weapon|Codex: Skitarii p75
    Taser goad: Range:-|Strength:+2|AP:-|Type:Melee, Taser|Codex: Skitarii p75
    The Phase Taser: Range:-|Strength:+2|AP:-|Type:Melee, Taser, Interdimensional Electrocution|Codex: Skitarii p77
    Transonic blade: Range:-|Strength:+1|AP:5|Type:Melee, Transonic|Codex: Skitarii p75
    Transonic razor: Range:-|Strength:User|AP:5|Type:Melee, Transonic|Codex: Skitarii p75

++ Skitarii: Codex (2015) (Skitarii Maniple) (945pts) ++

+ Troops (870pts) +

Skitarii Rangers (210pts) [Galvanic rifle, Omnispex (10pts), 9x Skitarii Ranger (99pts), Skitarii war plate, 3x Transuranic arquebus (75pts)]
    Armourbane, Doctrina Imperatives, Feel No Pain (6+), Move Through Cover, Precision Shots, Relentless, Sniper
    ····Ranger Alpha (26pts) [Galvanic rifle, Refractor field (5pts), Skitarii war plate]
    ····Precision Shots
    Profiles:
    Ranger Alpha: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:2|I:3|A:2|Ld:9|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p58
    Skitarii Ranger: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:3|A:1|Ld:8|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p58
    Omnispex: Description:This unit's targets take suffer -1 to cover saves.|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Skitarii War Plate: Description:4+ Armour Save|Codex: Skitarii p77
    Galvanic Rifle: Range:30"|Strength:4|AP:4|Type:Rapid Fire, Precision Shots|Codex: Skitarii p72
    Transuranic arquebus: Range:60"|Strength:X|AP:3|Type:Heavy 1, Sniper, Armourbane|Codex: Skitarii p74

Skitarii Rangers (180pts) [3x Arc rifle (45pts), Galvanic rifle, Omnispex (10pts), 9x Skitarii Ranger (99pts), Skitarii war plate]
    Doctrina Imperatives, Feel No Pain (6+), Haywire, Move Through Cover, Precision Shots, Relentless
    ····Ranger Alpha (26pts) [Galvanic rifle, Refractor field (5pts), Skitarii war plate]
    ····Precision Shots
    Profiles:
    Ranger Alpha: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:2|I:3|A:2|Ld:9|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p58
    Skitarii Ranger: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:3|A:1|Ld:8|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p58
    Omnispex: Description:This unit's targets take suffer -1 to cover saves.|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Arc rifle: Range:24"|Strength:6|AP:5|Type:Rapid Fire, Haywire|Codex: Skitarii p72
    Galvanic Rifle: Range:30"|Strength:4|AP:4|Type:Rapid Fire, Precision Shots|Codex: Skitarii p72

Skitarii Vanguard (250pts) [Enhanced data-tether (5pts), 3x Plasma caliver (90pts), Radium carbine, 9x Skitarii Vanguard (81pts), Skitarii war plate]
    Doctrina Imperatives, Feel No Pain (6+), Gets Hot, Rad Poisoning, Rad-saturation, Relentless
    ····Vanguard Alpha (74pts) [Arc maul (20pts), Conversion field (10pts), Pater Radium (20pts), Phosphor blast pistol (5pts), Skitarii war plate]
    ····Concussive, Haywire, Luminagen
    Profiles:
    Skitarii Vanguard: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:3|A:1|Ld:8|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p57
    Vanguard Alpha: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:2|I:3|A:2|Ld:9|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p57
    Conversion Field: Description:4++ invulnerable save. After successful save(s), at end of that phase, all units within D6" must test Blind. Friendly units re-roll test.|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Enhanced Data-Tether: Description:All models in this unit gain +1 Leadership when affected by Doctrina Imperative. Does not stack with broad spectrum data-tether.|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Pater Radium: Description:Enemy units locked in combat with bearer model must test against majority Toughness at end of Initiative 1 fight step. Failed Toughness test causes D6 wounds, no armour saves allowed.|Codex: Skitarii p77
    Arc Maul: Range:-|Strength:+2|AP:4|Type:Melee, Concussive, Haywire|Codex: Skitarii p75
    Phosphor blast pistol: Range:12"|Strength:5|AP:4|Type:Pistol, Luminagen|Codex: Skitarii p73
    Plasma Caliver: Range:18"|Strength:7|AP:2|Type:Assault 3, Gets Hot|Codex: Skitarii p73
    Radium carbine: Range:18"|Strength:3|AP:5|Type:Assault 3, Rad Poisoning|Codex: Skitarii p74

Skitarii Vanguard (230pts) [Enhanced data-tether (5pts), 3x Plasma caliver (90pts), Radium carbine, 9x Skitarii Vanguard (81pts), Skitarii war plate]
    Doctrina Imperatives, Feel No Pain (6+), Gets Hot, Rad Poisoning, Rad-saturation, Relentless
    ····Vanguard Alpha (54pts) [Conversion field (10pts), Radium carbine, Skitarii war plate, The Skull of Elder Nikola (25pts)]
    ····Rad Poisoning
    Profiles:
    Skitarii Vanguard: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:3|A:1|Ld:8|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p57
    Vanguard Alpha: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:3|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:2|I:3|A:2|Ld:9|Save:4+|Codex: Skitarii p57
    Conversion Field: Description:4++ invulnerable save. After successful save(s), at end of that phase, all units within D6" must test Blind. Friendly units re-roll test.|Codex: Skitarii p76
    Enhanced Data-Tether: Description:All models in this unit gain +1 Leadership when affected by Doctrina Imperative. Does not stack with broad spectrum data-tether.|Codex: Skitarii p76
    The Skull of Elder Nikola: Description:May use once per game instead of shooting. Each vehicle within XD6 inches suffers a Haywire hit, where X is the current turn number.|Codex: Skitarii p77
    Plasma Caliver: Range:18"|Strength:7|AP:2|Type:Assault 3, Gets Hot|Codex: Skitarii p73
    Radium carbine: Range:18"|Strength:3|AP:5|Type:Assault 3, Rad Poisoning|Codex: Skitarii p74

+ Heavy Support (75pts) +

Ironstrider Ballistarii (75pts) [Broad spectrum data-tether, Searchlight]
    Crusader, Doctrina Imperatives, Dunestrider, Precision Shots
    ····Ironstrider Ballistarius (75pts) [Twin-linked cognis lascannon (20pts)]
    ····Cognis, Twin-linked
    Profiles:
    Ironstrider Ballistarius: WS:3|BS:4|S:5|Front:11|Side:11|Rear:11|I:3|A:2|HP:2|Type:Vehicle (Walker, Open-topped)|Codex: Skitarii p62
    Broad Spectrum Data-Tether: Description:All friendly Skitarii units within 6" gain +1 Leadership when affected by a Doctrina Imperative. Does not stack with itself or enhanced data-tether.|Codex: Skitarii p77
    Searchlight: Description:During Night Fighting, may illuminate itself and its target after firing all other weapons. Illuminated units are not helped by Night FIghting until end of next turn.|BRB 2014 p98
    Cognis lascannon: Range:48"|Strength:9|AP:2|Type:Heavy 1, Cognis|Codex: Skitarii p72

++ Selection Rules ++

Armourbane: Additional D6 armor penetration. (BRB 2014 p157)
    Bulky: Model is two models for Transport Capacity. (BRB 2014 p159)
    Burst Pistol: Pistol that fires five shots (Codex: Skitarii p72)
    Cognis: Snap shots at Ballistic Skill 2 instead of 1. (Codex: Skitarii p72)
    Concussive: Models suffering unsaved wounds have Initiative 1 until end of following Assault phase. (BRB 2014 p163)
    Crusader: Roll extra die for Run moves; use highest result. Also add D3 to Sweeping Advance rolls. (BRB 2014 p163)
    Dataspike: Model may make one attack with this weapon at Initiative step 10 (no pile-in.) (Codex: Skitarii p75)
    Doctrina Imperatives: Select one at beginning of your Movement phase to last until your next turn. Each is One Use Only.
    * +1 BS
    * +1 WS
    * +2 BS / -1 WS
    * +2 WS / -1 BS
    * +3 BS / -2 WS
    * +3 WS / -2 BS (Codex: Skitarii p70)
    Dunestrider: May add 3 inches to Movement phase moves, Run moves, and charge moves. (Codex: Skitarii p70)
    Feel No Pain: (BRB 2014 p164)
    Feel No Pain (6+): (BRB 2014 p164)
    Furious Charge: Model is +1 Strength during Assault after ordered charge. (BRB 2014 p164)
    Gets Hot: Firing model takes wound for each 1 rolled To Hit. Cannot Look Out, Sir. Vehicles suffer glancing hit after failing additional 4+ save. (BRB 2014 p164)
    Haywire: Against vehicles, roll a D6 instead of rolling armor penetration. 1 = no effect, 2-5 = Glancing hit, 6 = Penetrating hit (BRB 2014 p165)
    Infiltrate: After all other deployment, model's unit (and dedicated transport) must deploy anywhere +18" from enemies, or +12" out of sight. Cannot charge first turn. May also Outflank. (BRB 2014 p167)
    Interdimensional Electrocution: Any unsaved Wounds cause Initiative test. Failures are removed from play. (Codex: Skitarii p77)
    Luminagen: Units that suffer unsaved Wound(s), or penetrating or glancing hits, get -1 to cover saves until end of phase.
    Also units may re-roll charge range until end of turn. (Codex: Skitarii p73)
    Malignant Susurrations: This formation's Infiltrators' Neurostatic Aura extends 12" instead of 6". (Codex: Skitarii p66)
    Molecular Dissonance: Roll one of model's attacks seperately - this attack has Fleshbane and so Wounds on 2+. (Codex: Skitarii p75)
    Move Through Cover: Model automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests. Model's unit rolls additional D6 for difficult terrain moves and charges full distance through difficult terrain. (BRB 2014 p168)
    Neural Trauma: Always Wound on 4+. (Codex: Skitarii p76)
    Neurostatic Aura: All enemy models within 6" suffer -1 Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill, Initiative, and Leadership. (Codex: Skitarii p60)
    Precision Shots: 6's rolled To Hit become Precision Shots and may be allocated to a specific model within target unit and within range and line of sight. Characters may still Look Out, Sir. Cannot use for snap shots or any shot that scatters. (BRB 2014 p169)
    Rad Poisoning: Each 6 rolled To Wound causes 2 Wounds, no matter target's Toughness. (Codex: Skitarii p74)
    Rad-saturation: Enemy units locked in combat subtract 1 from their Toughness. (Codex: Skitarii p57)
    Relentless: Model may shoot Ordnance, Salvo, or Heavy weapons after moving as if they were stationary. Model may also charge after firing Rapid Fire, Salvo, Ordnance, or Heavy weapons. (BRB 2014 p170)
    Shred: Re-roll To Wound failures (BRB 2014 p170)
    Slaughtersprint: During any one turn after the first, this formation's Ruststalkers may charge after running. (Codex: Skitarii p66)
    Sniper: Always wounds any Toughness on 4+ roll To Wound. Rolls of 6 To Wound become AP2. Against vehicles, instead counts as Strength 4. Also has Precision Shots for any 6 rolled To Hit. (BRB 2014 p171)
    Specialist Weapon: Two weapons does not grant +1 Attack unless both are Specialist (BRB 2014 p172)
    Stealth: +1 cover save or 6+ in the open (BRB 2014 p172)
    Taser: Each 6 rolled To Hit causes additional 2 hits. (Codex: Skitarii p75)
    Transonic: Automatically wounds with AP2 on 6 To Wound. Always AP2 after first round of combat. (Codex: Skitarii p75)
    Twin-linked: All failed To Hit rolls are re-rolled. (BRB 2014 p174)

Created with BattleScribe
    The idea here is that the Ruststalkers flank everyone with ridiculous speed, burning their Slaughtersprint when suitable targets line themselves up (monstrous creatures for the Chordclaw guys and elite infantry for the sword dudes) while the Infiltrators a) inhibit the ability of the stalkers' targets to fight back and b) clear out any screening units, because fifty shots followed by 40+ attacks from ten dudes is hilarious. While this is going on, the "regular" infantry form up into four "waves" with the shorter-ranged units in front and moving forward while the guys with the transuranic arquebuses sit still and take out transports. The Ironstrider is there to cover gaps and pop flyers if possible.
    What do we think?
    Obviously the first sign of pie plates will destroy them but they should be able to take on a lot of opponents.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

1496pts, DE Goodness:
    Succubus
    -Archite Glaive
    -Haywire Grenades
    -Armorr of Misery

Incubi x4
    -Klaivex
    --Rampage
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Razorwing
    -Dark Lances
    -Nightshield
    -Splinter Cannon

Reavers x6
    -Cluster Caltrops x2
    -Heat Lance x2

Scourges x5
    -Hawire Blasters x4

Scourges x5
    -Haywire Blasters x4

Dark Artisan Formation:
    Cronos
    -Spirit Vortex

Haemonculous
    -Scissorhand
    -Sindriq's Sump
    -Webway Portal

Talos
    -Ichor injector

I like this list. You have a lot of similarities to my current list.

My only feedback is I'm not sure the Sybarite+Haywire Grenades upgrades are worth it on your warrior squads. 15-20pts a squad (can't remember exactly off hand) is a little much. My 5 man squads rarely get out of their venoms, and when they do they usually die shortly after.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    @Extreaminatus I thought about it and I will give some feedback on that list because I've certainly appreciated all the help you've given me. Of course, take all of this with a grain of salt because I don't really have a ton of experience. I'll go bottom up.
    • If you couldn't tell from all of my lists; I love the Talos with Ichor Injector. So good.
    • I'd still love to find the points for a Webway Portal on my Haemonculus.
    • Why the Spirit Vortex on the Cronos? It's a fairly weak weapon even if it has a large blast. The Spirit Probe is the same amount of points (25) and gives a +1 to Feel No Pain to everyone within 6".
    • I'm still up in the air on Haywire Blasters versus Heat Lances on the Scourges.
    • I've got no real comment on the Reavers. I just haven't taken a look at what they do.
    • Why the Nightshield on the Razorwing? A 6+ stealth when most things are snap firing at it anyway... If you dropped that you'd have 19 points to put into other things.
    • Our Warrior groups are pretty much similar.
    • If you drop the Nightshield on the Razorwing you'd have the points for a Demiklaive on the Klaivex. Up to 8 strength 5 AP 2 attacks from him on the charge in late game sounds pretty nice.
    • No comment on the Succubus really. Her loadout looks pretty good.

• Options
    Sharp101 wrote: »

1496pts, DE Goodness:
    Succubus
    -Archite Glaive
    -Haywire Grenades
    -Armorr of Misery

Incubi x4
    -Klaivex
    --Rampage
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x5
    -Sybarite
    --Haywire Grenades
    -Blaster
    -Venom
    --Splinter Cannon

Razorwing
    -Dark Lances
    -Nightshield
    -Splinter Cannon

Reavers x6
    -Cluster Caltrops x2
    -Heat Lance x2

Scourges x5
    -Hawire Blasters x4

Scourges x5
    -Haywire Blasters x4

Dark Artisan Formation:
    Cronos
    -Spirit Vortex

Haemonculous
    -Scissorhand
    -Sindriq's Sump
    -Webway Portal

Talos
    -Ichor injector

I like this list. You have a lot of similarities to my current list.

My only feedback is I'm not sure the Sybarite+Haywire Grenades upgrades are worth it on your warrior squads. 15-20pts a squad (can't remember exactly off hand) is a little much. My 5 man squads rarely get out of their venoms, and when they do they usually die shortly after.

edit: Just realized the list I linked is a few months out of date. I've swapped a lot of wargear around since... I'll update it when I get home tonight.

The haywire grenades on the sybarites are a just-in-case ranged weapon for occasions when vehicles get too close (most likely because I'm bad a positioning), or for those awful times I'm in CC with a vehicle, like if I get charged by a dreadnought.
    @Extreaminatus I thought about it and I will give some feedback on that list because I've certainly appreciated all the help you've given me. Of course, take all of this with a grain of salt because I don't really have a ton of experience. I'll go bottom up.
    • If you couldn't tell from all of my lists; I love the Talos with Ichor Injector. So good.
    • I'd still love to find the points for a Webway Portal on my Haemonculus.
    • Why the Spirit Vortex on the Cronos? It's a fairly weak weapon even if it has a large blast. The Spirit Probe is the same amount of points (25) and gives a +1 to Feel No Pain to everyone within 6".
    • I'm still up in the air on Haywire Blasters versus Heat Lances on the Scourges.
    • I've got no real comment on the Reavers. I just haven't taken a look at what they do.
    • Why the Nightshield on the Razorwing? A 6+ stealth when most things are snap firing at it anyway... If you dropped that you'd have 19 points to put into other things.
    • Our Warrior groups are pretty much similar.
    • If you drop the Nightshield on the Razorwing you'd have the points for a Demiklaive on the Klaivex. Up to 8 strength 5 AP 2 attacks from him on the charge in late game sounds pretty nice.
    • No comment on the Succubus really. Her loadout looks pretty good.
    • The Ichor Injector is the tiiiiiiits.
    • Webway portals are sooo goooood now.
    • Because I got confused on the names. I'll switch 'em out.
    • Try them both out, see what works for you!
    • Reavers are pretty ok at face value, but if you get the cluster caltrops into base-to-base, they get D6 S6 Rending Hammer of Wrath attacks. It is no joke.
    • Because I habitually put nightsheilds on everything because they used to be a straight up 5+ invulnerable save. I guess they don't really serve a purpose on the Razorwing any more.
    • Our Warrior groups are actually way different in terms of how they do what they're gonna do. They both have a similar number of AV shots (lances on your Raiders, blasters in my squads), but yours do better AV at range, mine do it better up close. I figured since everything else in my army except the Scourges are gonna want to be up close to the enemy, I should probably have my troops choice do something similar.
    • Demiklaives are ok, but I'd never take them now. Regular Klaives already provide a +1S and AP2 benefit to the users, demi-klaives just give +1 attack and AP3, no strength modifier. Plus, with rampage (which I forgot comes standard with the Klaivex), I get bonus attacks any time my little squad of 5 mans is outnumbered (which will be always).
    • The Succubus is hard to fuck up. The Armor of Misery is almost an auto-buy since her regular save sucks ass against shooting. The Archite Glaive is likewise an auto-buy because with as many attacks as she gets why would you not want AP2 swings at her ludicrous initiative?

I've just taken your advice on the Razorwing's night sheilds, and it afforded me an agonizer for the succubus (for those pesky monsterous creatures), stinger pistol for the haemonculous, and an arena champion for the Reavers so they can get a little boost to their leadership. That was a really good call!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    @Vanguard
    oh snap

send the stuff to do the things so i too can do the same things with the same stuff

chessex.com/Dice/Custom_Dice_Home.htm

I forgot to add, click on the "Click here to order" link at the bottom, twice (once on that page, then again at the bottom of the next page). Then you'll have to know the product number for the dice you want (color, style and size.) Fill in the form with all that info, then email them. I was a little iffy about putting my credit card info in an email, but it seems to have been okay. And you can order any symbol you want to be added to the dice.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Hey guys, if anyone's interested, here are some photos from the Warsaw Team Cup a few days ago.
    https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/f4cd5b3ebb1daddc598b29966c1aeef820150419215640/e551f6?hc_location=ufi
    I must say I was astounded with the amount of superbly painted armies. I don't think there was a single one which would make me think "this would have been better off unpainted" (which is my common reaction in gaming clubs).

This discussion has been closed.