As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i like enough of the skitarii range to buy them as allies

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    McGibs wrote: »
    Those big Michelin man robots sorta stand out from the rest in terms of derp. They look like knockoff go-bot versions of the forgeworld robots.
    The treaded guys look cool though.

The Castellax gone full retard. YOU NEVER GO FULL RETARD.

At least they look like they can walk, unlike the dreadnoughts. Still kinda goofy-looking.

Also, no mechanicum transports. I guess walking is good for you.

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Like that last dude.
    The rest of the guys look like they loaded up on the biggest guns and ammo cans they could find at Warmart, he's just "Naw, forget the giant guns, just give me two sets of the biggest shoulder pads you've got. Oh, and a sword.".

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    just give me two sets of the biggest shoulder pads you've got. Oh, and a sword.
    Warhammer 40,000 business as usual

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The robots stayed pretty close to the original imperial Castellan robots. Maybe a little too close.

Now that we have two codices in the Mechanicus faction with supposedly no overlap in units and surprisingly only a light and a medium walker for vehicles, I guess somewhere down the line we'll get a "real" Mechanicus codex that combines the two books and adds some more models in a third wave.

Personally I would've expected the AM to have some stuff from the IG codex like the LR Executioner and Enginseers, bt now I'm expecting a completely new tank when we get a 3rd AM codex.

• Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    On the one hand I bought enough skitarii shit already. On the other hand, robots.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Also, no mechanicum transports. I guess walking is good for you.

Why drive when you have gone to great lengths to build and graft onto yourself legs that never tire?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Whoop whoop!

Ad Mech in the hiz-ouse!

ieWX9ye.jpg

I really like the big Michelin Man robots. They look like proper robots. Unusual for 40K.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Man, those robots are pretty good too. Rules here.

They seem comparable to a Dark Artisian talos formation, but with a potential 9 S6 Ap3 shots per model a turn.

• Options
    Fire double shots or get FNP on Toughness 7. Not bad at all.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Woof, and a flat 3++ against shooting. They just need a good headswap and I'm onboard.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Woof, and a flat 3++ against shooting. They just need a good headswap and I'm onboard.

It is hard to read, but I think it says the repulsor grid is a 5++ not a 3++.

But yeah, they are very good. I really like my Taloi but these guys might have the edge. They hit harder, are almost as durable, can have some amazing shooting, and can be run in various squad sizes, all for less points. Makes me a little jealous!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    WoozlWoozl Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    They hit harder but with fewer attacks and at a lower WS. I do wish the DA unit size was expandable like this, would love to add 1-2 more talos to it.

That datasmith is OP though. 50 points for a two wound 2+ space marine with haywire, a powerfirst, and a s6 ap2 pistol? Cheaper than a haemi and might actually survive some challenges, and contributes s8 when needed/not in a challenge.

Woozl on
  • Options

It is hard to read, but I think it says the repulsor grid is a 5++ not a 3++.

But yeah, they are very good. I really like my Taloi but these guys might have the edge. They hit harder, are almost as durable, can have some amazing shooting, and can be run in various squad sizes, all for less points. Makes me a little jealous!

I'll trade you some T6 4+ save Tyranids for your Talos.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Ugh

I want these AdMech minis to convert into Chaos mans. They'd look sooo gooood.

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Whoop whoop!

Ad Mech in the hiz-ouse!

ieWX9ye.jpg

I really like the big Michelin Man robots. They look like proper robots. Unusual for 40K.

What you don't know is that they're powered by the hearts of forsaken children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aBP-JOZsU

There we go, back to the Grim Darkness. Though, I still want to see one painted up like Baymax from Big Hero 6.

see317 on
  • Options

Yes, hello, Mechanicus army? Here I come.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    They're pretty solid, but Castellax are still much better. The character is a steal though, that's for sure.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    Who can Mechanicus ally with?

• Options
    I would assume any Imperial faction.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    It's the guy on tank treads doing it for me. I may pursue that after my IF army is done. Before I do the Tzeentch warband.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Heads on those robots look 50s scifi as heck.

ErMrcc9.jpg

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Tread guy is straight out of Quake II.

I approve.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    So how many weeks out is that lot? I was already down for one of the new knights.

• Options
    next week?
    the previews are pretty fast these days

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    J wrote: »
    So how many weeks out is that lot? I was already down for one of the new knights.

One of the pictures leaked, has the Robots + Handler on the front cover of a White Dwarf, so an educated guess puts them out next week. With regards to the rest, who can say, although it is now quite apparent that when GW do new ranges, they'll release them as quick as possible (3 weeks?) so that they don't have rules out for units that don't have models.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »
    There we go, back to the Grim Darkness. Though, I still want to see one painted up like Baymax from Big Hero 6.

A Gipsy Danger paint scheme might also work pretty well.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Tread guy is straight out of Quake II 80's action movie.

I approve.
    nsGwvRB.jpg
    That was the first thing I thought of.

• Options
    Why have i not seen this movie???

• Options
    I like the little manipulators that the Servitors have attached to their gun-arms. Beside the characters they are the best looking part of the Cult release in my opinion. Not really convinced by the robots and priests so for.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Played two games today!

The first was a 1500 point Dark Eldar and Space Marine allies (me; I don't have enough Dark Eldar for large games yet) versus a very scary Son's of Horus with three Land Raiders and about fifteen Terminators. The mission was whatever one has the two objective markers and I actually managed to eke out a draw in turn seven. I think it could have actually gone my way but the Scourges, the unit I was relying on for dealing with armor, just did nothing. In reserves on turn one, deep strike mishap to reserves on turn two, deep strike mishap to reserves on turn three, don't arrive turn four, turn five they come in a do one glance... I was even keeping them 10" away from everything and still getting mishaps... Really fun game though.

*EDIT FOR BIG MISTAKES IN THE FIRST GAME*
    As @Mr_Rose pointed out in the post below, I made a mistake with the Scourges and on-going reserves. I didn't know that if you got a mishap back into reserves that you didn't need to roll again to see if the unit came on. My Scourges could have possible been on the board a full turn earlier than they were.

I also shorted myself by getting two big rules wrong with my Raider. The first was that I played it as having two hull points. The second, I was only taking 4+ ruin cover saves when they should have been 3+ because of the Nightshield upgrade. These mistakes could have completely changed the game...

One rule that I got wrong that worked in my favor was Move Through Cover with my Talos. For some reason I thought he didn't have to roll to see how far he moved. This might have meant that I wouldn't have actually been able to get Line Breaker but the other rules probably more than offset any benefit this one gave me.

Anyway, I'm still fairly new to this and learned a lot from these games. I'll be trying my best to not make these mistakes again.
    *END EDIT*

The second was a three-way 500 point game of Dark Eldar versus Space Marines versus Astra Militarum. Not much to say about this one. The mission was "The Relic" and I came away with a solid victory in the end. It made me feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this army just a bit.

@Extreaminatus I've decided to go with Haywire on the Scourages. The math works out to ~55% to cause at least a pen or glance with either the Haywire or Heat Lance and the Haywire has a longer range. I'd say it's the best heavy weapon option for them.

BreakfastPM on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Small point; mishaps to reserve goi I to "ongoing reserves" which means you don't roll for them, they automatically try to reenter play next turn.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Oh! That's fantastic! I'm still fairly new to the game and this was the first time I've brought anything in from reserves. I'll keep that in mind the next time I play.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like that heat lances can pretty handily pop a vehicle if you get lucky, but haywire is just so much more reliable.

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    Man, those robots are just crazy. Almost makes me want to trade in my Egyptian Space Zombie Robots.

Almost.

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Played a 2500 with 30k Mechanicus forces today vs Orks/Chaos. Castellax are the shit and amazing.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I can't promise I didn't buy the Haemonculus mini Saturday at my L(totally not friendly)GS.
    It was on sale and I had some store cash that I needed to get rid of...
    And I really want to paint it...
    And you people with your stories and pictures of Dark Artisan formations have made me want one...

Nealneal on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Played first tourney game with my marines. I think I prioritized the wrong things, but I know that I can tear a lot of stuff apart on the first turn.

• Options
    Played my first game with DE!

First turn the only thing I had on the board was 2 raiders with Grotesques and the DA. A drop pod with Coteaz and Centurions came in next to the DA. Failed to cast prescience. After all the FNP rolls on the grav/amp wounds, not a single wound to the DA.

Opponent jokingly asked "want to restart?"

That said, he hadn't played against DE before, and so I had to keep saying "oh yeah there's this XXX rule I forgot to bring up at the start." Particularly when a single warrior that was falling back went fearless right on bottom of turn right on top of a 3 point objective.

My haywire scourges lived more than a turned and took out a fragnought, a skimming storm talon, and almost took down a skimming stormraven. 12" move + 24" inch range haywire is gooooood. Also, I get why venoms get all the hate. Took down a TFC with the first of 3 venoms I deep struck specifically to take it out.

Definitely much more complicated than a marine army. But oh so much fun.

This discussion has been closed.