As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canadian Politics]: New Liberal Cabinet Sworn In

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    And if Jim Prentice intended to make this election a bridge to federal politics... Well that plan just had the worst backfire ever.

sig.gif
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Everybody in the CBC studios is basically like, "This'd probably be better for Prentice if he lost his own riding, but instead he's winning. So.... awkkkkwaaaard."

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Prentice making his concession speech now

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I am having a ball explaining the significance of this NDP victory to Americans in Mumble right now.

488W936.png
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Prentice QUITS!

Fuck YES

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wait did Prentice just give up his seat?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Jim Prentice stepping down, as leader and as MLA.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Thats what i expected to happen, you dont stick around as a party leader if you go from majority to third place.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    Thats what i expected to happen, you dont stick around as a party leader if you go from majority to third place.

Not to mention the fact that he had most of a term left as premier of a majority government when he decided to call this election... Ouch.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This election result is magical.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    "What is the future of the PC party in Alberta?"
    "There is no future of the PC party in Alberta."

:surprised:

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, the Flames game is being pretty dramatic, too.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Watching Ezra Levant with smug satisfaction on his face for this election result is a weird fucking feeling.

He hates the provincial PCs with the fury of a thousand suns.

Characters
  • Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    "What is the future of the PC party in Alberta?"
    "There is no future of the PC party in Alberta."

:surprised:

Wait wait wait.

I just tuned in the CBC live feed. Did Jim Prentice say that!? (Or else, where is that from?)

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    When considering what went wrong in this election, I wonder if Jim Prentice will look in a mirror?

sig.gif
  • Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    "I haven't done the math yet."

Well played.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Rachel Notley: "I haven't done the math yet"
    crowd: wooooooooooOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOoooOOooooo
    Rachel Notley: "[sigh] okay. I haven't _run the numbers_ yet, but I think we've elected more women than ever before into caucus"

(edited with video: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Embedded-Only/News/Alberta Votes 2015/ID/2666518784/ because it's pretty great watching her realise what she just said)

djmitchella on
  • Options
    WagsWags Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I cannot believe this has happened. I have lived my whole life not knowing anything but conservative. I hope this shifts our politics. I get a sense that if the PC's want to be a player again, they will need to shift left a little to engage a younger generation and let go of some of the old white businessman patronage.

Also: "I haven't done the math yet but I think we have elected the most women in any government caucus in canada." Notley is spot on with the math jokes.

Wags on
    The gods certainly weren't role models in our sense, unless you wanted to model a Mount Olympus trailer park.
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Wait, Ezra hates Alberta Conservatives? The ones that love oil, low taxes, and venerate the rich? Is it because they don't go as far as parti québécois when it comes to restricting minority rights?

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Wait, Ezra hates Alberta Conservatives? The ones that love oil, low taxes, and venerate the rich? Is it because they don't go as far as parti québécois when it comes to restricting minority rights?

He fucking abhors their corruption. He got into a pretty intense twitter war about the Edmonton and Calgary newspaper editorials that were forced into endorsing Prentice: https://twitter.com/sladurantaye/timelines/594888478648762368

Characters
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah the Alberta PCs were some serious machine politics

Good riddance

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Wow... Never imagined this.

Prentice will need to give himself a good look in the mirror tomorrow and figure this out.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Even frikkin Red Deer voted NDP... woah

I'm stunned. I never tought I'd ever see a non conservative party win in Alberta!

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    notdroid wrote: »
    NDP majority in Alberta.

I... I just... I don'the know what to do here guys, I feel so lost.

Which province are we going to collectively bash on next?

Still Alberta. Not like the Alberta provincial government was fucking me.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

He fucking abhors their corruption. He got into a pretty intense twitter war about the Edmonton and Calgary newspaper editorials that were forced into endorsing Prentice: https://twitter.com/sladurantaye/timelines/594888478648762368

Wow this is quite interesting. I don't really read Natpo outside of Andrew Coyne occasionally, does CPC basically have control over the newspaper?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So, does anyone else think the devil probably just bought a Canada Goose parka?

• Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    What?

This election is... just... I mean...

What?

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    As an ex-Albertan now living in Victoria, I am absolutely giddy over the results tonight. Wish I was home to celebrate.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Well this was completely unexpected, probably even by most NDP diehards. I'll be happy if the corruption that creeps in from any longstanding government gets swept out the door and I hope that the NDP are a little bit fiscally responsible and don't pile on debt for future generations to make people happy today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I am having a ball explaining the significance of this NDP victory to Americans in Mumble right now.

"Occupy Wall Street just won Texas."

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    What?

This election is... just... I mean...

What?
    '

That sums it up quite well.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I expect a twilight zone outro any moment now.

e- I just realized how old I am and how most of you won't get that reference. Sigh.

El Skid on
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »

e- I just realized how old I am and how most of you won't get that reference. Sigh.

"You have entered... The scary door."

5j2oukn727n0.png

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cTVrLRnJ9rg/VUoFZseHC4I/AAAAAAAAWTg/G5yVFp8u4o8/s660/Projection+Front.png

So maybe these guys weren't so bad this time at projecting the vote.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »

The PA forum in general skews older than you'd think.

I don't know if Question Period with an NDP government and a Wild Rose official opposition is going to be amazing or horrifying to watch. At least it'll probably be more interesting than watching Ontario's smug Liberals vs. dittohead Conservatives vs. super-negative Horwath. I miss Howard Hampton.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I don't know if Question Period with an NDP government and a Wild Rose official opposition is going to be amazing or horrifying to watch.

I suspect boring as hell, as per usual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Nova_C wrote: »

Well it is snowing like mad right now in Edmonton, so maybe this is coming true?

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Foomy wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »

Well it is snowing like mad right now in Edmonton, so maybe this is coming true?

IMG_20150506_101107.jpg

An NDP government has been elected in Alberta. Conservative forecasting has come true; in hours, society has fallen, replaced only by nuclear winter. The few survivors fruitlessly search the dreary landscape for any semblance of yesterday. Why didn't we listen?

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Federal Tories contemplate political mortality in wake of NDP victory in Alberta
    http://yahoonewsdigest-ca.tumblr.com/118311842631

There's not enough :D to express my feelings!

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford