As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Then put your little hand in mine...

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
MmUqkeH.png

Okay campers! Rise and shine! And don't forget your booties cause its cold out there today.
Its cold out there everyday. What is this, Miami Beach?
Not hardly. And you know you can expect hazardous travel later today with that you know that blizzard thing.
Oh that blizzard thing. That blizzard thing. Oh well here's the report, the National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing."
Yes they are, but you know there's another reason that today is especially exciting
Especially cold
Especially cold, okay, but the big question of everybody's lips
On their chapped lips
On their chapped lips, right, do you think Phil is going to come out and see his shadow?
PUNXatawny Phil
That's right, woodchuck chuckers its GROUNDHOG DAY!
Get up and shake that hog out there
C'mere groundhog

Its February 2nd. Groundhog Day is unfortunately only available for renting, not on any unlimited streaming service that I am aware of. You can see that information here

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    WM4OZt6.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh, hey, AMC is half-assing a marathon (which is better than last year, when I'm pretty sure they just didn't show it at all?). 10AM-8PM. Good enough for 4 showings. What happened to the 24 hour marathon, damn it?

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I've failed you guys this year.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    groundhog_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

still my fav punxsutawney phil pic

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Have you ever said to yourself, "Gee, I wonder what would happen if, instead of a wonderful and sometimes heartfelt comedy, Groundhog Day had been a shitty, made for TV, sci-fi thriller?" Then do I have a movie for you!

http://youtu.be/nbxN4o7tmB8

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Oh fuck.
    I hate this holiday.

OOOOH LET'S GO LOOK AT A STUPID RODENT

I want a more bad ass ending to winter. Like murderating a snowman by bonfire.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    This might actually be my favorite movie.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Sometimes people try to say that ghostbusters is the best movie

And I have to point out thAt it's not even the best movie starring Bill murray

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Have you ever said to yourself, "Gee, I wonder what would happen if, instead of a wonderful and sometimes heartfelt comedy, Groundhog Day had been a shitty, made for TV, sci-fi thriller?" Then do I have a movie for you!

But what if it had been a big budget Hollywood scifi action movie starring Tom Cruise?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Groundhog Day

Great movie

Dumb "holiday"

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    It's an actual like, day off work holiday in the states?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    It's an actual like, day off work holiday in the states?

No, that's why I said "holiday"

• Options
    Ooh, let's talk about Groundhog Day episodes of TV shows

http://youtu.be/If6UaPtG9vI

http://youtu.be/fbMDNygQt_E

http://youtu.be/1fFthMnygE8

And my personal favorite:

http://youtu.be/ZKzdQq0qOQs

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    You may not be able to watch Groundhog Day yet but Stargate and Amazon Prime have got you covered:
    Anyway, I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it, what do you think?

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    You may not be able to watch Groundhog Day yet but Stargate and Amazon Prime have got you covered:
    Anyway, I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it, what do you think?

I wasn't listening the first time.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My birthday is Feb 3, so when I saw this movie as a kid it seemed like it would be extra torture to forever be stuck on the eve of an awesome party.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Ghostbusters is my favorite movie but yeah this one is probably actually better. Just doesn't have the same significance in my childhood.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I really hope my copy of Live, Die, Repeat shows up today

it's just too appropriate

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    The best part about groundhog day is that it means my birthday is tomorrow!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    AND FLAPJACKS

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    Oh fuck.
    I hate this holiday.

OOOOH LET'S GO LOOK AT A STUPID RODENT

I want a more bad ass ending to winter. Like murderating a snowman by bonfire.

They actually do that in Eastern Europe!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man, you guys aren't gonna believe what a weird day I had-
    no
    oh god no not again

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    oh god not again?

I'd love to basically get a few years of repeating the same day in order to catch up on my reading and learn a bunch of new talents.

Especially now a days where I'd have access to the internet and iPads and what not. Though even early-90s Punxsutawney would probably provide enough to occupy myself for five years (which I believe was the stated behind-the-scenes amount of time that Bill Murray spent repeating that day).

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    oh god not again?

I'd love to basically get a few years of repeating the same day in order to catch up on my reading and learn a bunch of new talents.

Especially now a days where I'd have access to the internet and iPads and what not. Though even early-90s Punxsutawney would probably provide enough to occupy myself for five years (which I believe was the stated behind-the-scenes amount of time that Bill Murray spent repeating that day).

ten years, I think, was the estimated time it'd take to get that good at the piano

I think the original script had him there for a few thousand though

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    he's gotta have been trapped there for at least 30, probably more

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    also thread I am writing a movie that is basically Frozen crossed with Live, Die, Repeat where two siblings in fake Victorian England travel back in time over and over to try and save their parents from their inevitable Disney death

it is

the best idea I have ever had

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    From Wikipedia:
    Reports regarding how long Phil is trapped in the time loop vary widely. Ramis stated in the DVD commentary that he believes 10 years pass. However, in an e-mail response sent to Heeb magazine, Ramis said, "I think the 10-year estimate is too short. It takes at least 10 years to get good at anything, and allotting for the down time and misguided years he spent, it had to be more like 30 or 40 years."

According to Stephen Tobolowsky, Ramis told him that the entire progress of Groundhog Day covered 10,000 years. "I always thought that there were nine days represented [in the film], and Danny Rubin, the writer, said that he felt something like 23 days were represented in the movie, [but they lasted] over 10,000 years."

The first time I read the 10,000-year interpretation, it put the character's whole experience into a much different (more terrifying) light.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Ten thousand years of
    watching the old man die
    would be Hell on Earth.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Today is a good day! I'm at work, testing returned cable boxes in the warehouse, and so long as I time swapping new boxes to commercial breaks, I can just watch the AMC marathon. Especially since AMC is one of our problem channels, where the upstream provider has frequent technical issues, so monitoring it is actually legit.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

But what if it had been a big budget Hollywood scifi action movie starring Tom Cruise?

haven't seen it

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Today we have at least 2 feet of snow and its still snowing. I took pictures!
    1620661_10102476515859368_3884710325126058975_n.jpg?oh=af06297c491ea9fb4c474b22eb187ddc&oe=5563D4BD
    10443980_10102476515894298_205164445913233820_n.jpg?oh=9613ea20b2dcb8a07bafee0ae8bd0570&oe=5550D960&__gda__=1431663967_fc8e75dd75459120875aef82e66b4e08
    10888614_10102476516163758_3726039258227215491_n.jpg?oh=6b6b1ce37a1637c050d32a2142479854&oe=555989A2&__gda__=1431837217_3897131c63c640cccaac363ebd4809ee

And a bonus video of my bunny playing in snow for the first time
    https://www.facebook.com/zachary.virgo

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Phil? Hey Phil! Phil Connors?
    Don't tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heckfire remember you!

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It snowed, very briefly, after lunch today.
    I only noticed because our skylights got covered. That was probably it for the year.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    The US should start importing Pikas over groundhogs.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Fuck I want to see some snow in Seattle already.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    happy groundhog day, all

tumblr_nj630oClut1qk2cmjo1_500.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

We're talking about Caddyshack, right?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality