Options

Steam Battle 2015

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Man, I was ready to lose anyone but @bedlam for his +plus awesome in weirdness

Oh well. At least we didn't blow up....yet.

Leave the lab they said. Fieldwork looks good on the resume they said. What's the worst that could happen they said?

Turns out being lynched by dogmen. Who knew?

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    F3tM1X3.jpg
    Round Seven Complete.

Current Scores
    Kiss Her Plenty : 39 (5 Hull)
    Wishlist Upon A Star : 39 (6 hull)
    USS Birds Are Fucking Terrifying : 39 (7 hull)
    ISS Rougelike : 34 (5 Hull)

Round Seven Map
    Delayed for reasons

Other Notes
    U Wot M8 destroyed along with all crew.
    Shdwcaster incapacitated.
    Muddbudd died.
    Bedlam died.
    CroackerBC and Soundsplush incapacitated.
    Berylline injured

Hit Bit +1 Engineering.
    Orivon healed.
    F3rret healed.
    Karoz healed.
    An_alt healed.
    Drovek healed.

Ghlinn improves to injured.
    DescendantX improves to injured.
    Geth roll 1d4 for Ghlinn's recovery. Only a 1 fails.
    Geth roll 1d2 for DescendantX's recovery. Only a 1 fails.

Ghlinn's recovery. Only a 1 fails:
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]
    DescendantX's recovery. Only a 1 fails:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

akajaybay on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Five rounds to go. Still anyone's game.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Five rounds to go. Still anyone's game.

Well, except @CorriganX and crew.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    So... I don't know exactly where we are or anything... but since we seem to have an eternity to kill (so to speak).

500 Ghostbucks that the Wishlist wins. Now taking bets.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    You'd think it would be proper time for me to end this cruise liner charade by this point. Eh~ might as well try... *ahem*

"I regret to inform that due to unforeseen circumstances, our last 'mock voyage' has not gone entirely according to plan"
    "Please do not pursue any legal action, as waivers signed prior to send off has made all attempts to sue for any liabilities entirely null and void"

"But please, bring a round of applause to @Bedlam. Who despite his appearance, was secretly hired as an *cough* actor to further bring realism to our expeditions"
    "Did you guys saw that!? Didn't all those blood and organs look real to you!?"

"Unfortunately, due to his method acting, all that trash and grime he collected in trying to act like a stowaway hobo acerbated certain medical conditions within him, and must depart to his room for the entirety of the trip. So please do not look for him, for he needs to be in a sterilized environment until then."

"For now, let's just look forward to what's coming up next!"

-later-

How much do I keep to lie and amuse?
    For how much longer can I keep my ruse?

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The map delay worries me greatly.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    The map delay worries me greatly.

Totally not ominous

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    He wasn't expecting to be one ship down so soon, I'd expect.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wonder if Geth is still hungry for blood. He ate an entire ship, snacked on two more individuals, then kind of just pushed the rest around on his plate.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    F3tM1X3.jpg
    Intermission

"Hey kids, how's it going?" Source appeared as they neared the time for the next jump. Seven rounds down, only five to go. I noticed some of you are looking a little beat up. Especially you CorriganX. I kid, I kid.
    Anyway, I can't have you all blowing up before the finish line. We've almost got 10 regular viewers now, and this Steam isn't going to collect itself. Believe me, we've tried that. So I'm giving you access to our tech guy for a while.
    This is Interrupt, or Ira as I like to call him."
    A dark blue circular head with sleepy eyes appeared alongside the golden triangle Source.
    "He knows these ships inside out, so he'll get you patched up for the final stretch. He's expensive. Like seriously expensive. We need to talk about that Ira. You're killing me here. So go easy on the patches, a little goes a long way, all right? All right. See you next week". The golden triangle vanished from the screen leaving the blue one behind. As he opened his mouth a series of low tones emitted, and text appeared on the view screen as he spoke. A menu of sorts.

You may purchase hull repairs.
    The first 2 points of hull repair will only cost you 1 Steam. Beyond that, additional points of hull can be repaired at a cost of 1 Steam per hull.
    This is to a maximum of 10 hull.

I do have a few other services available.

"Party favors"
    You may purchase one of these sabotage devices for 3 Steam. Limit one (of any party favor) per customer.

Available items:
    Probability Bomb (affected team's 2s and 3s are considered critical failures for one mission. Not including officer abilities)
    Hunter Killer Drones (pair of assassin drones, must be assigned 2 different ship targets. Crew affected is random)
    (Improved) Officer Sabotage (The next officer ability used by your target is a critical failure. Doesn't not cause any special effect beyond that, but specific ability need not be chosen)
    Each of these party favors must be used by the start of round nine.

Relocation.
    I can randomly reassign your jump drive. You will transport to a random unvisited location for this next jump for 1 Steam. Cannot guarantee location will be vacant when you arrive, or that it will even take you very far necessarily. Fully random.

Cloning
    Grow a replacement for a dead crew member for 2 Steam. Cloned individual will be in the state they were in at start of contest. No special skills or detriments gained inbetween would remain. Also may not copy a currently alive crew member. The mental stress tends to be catastrophic for both individuals.

Send me your orders and questions via PM.

Edit: Due to current supply and demand conditions, Interrupt has decided to discount many of his services for this Steam Battle.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    My network of agents sent me an update on the situation aboard the Kiss Her Plenty. They seem to be doing some sort of research on a project codenamed @Berylline.

pQANMNP.jpg

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Dear Diary,

Today I played with some puppies! And then...owwww!.....

I don't know what happened

I got sort of lightheaded I guess. From all the playing.....

But I don't know what happened

The lightness traveled all throughout my body. Walking felt more like floating. I guess I float now.

I just don't know what happened

Things went black for a bit. The puppies went away. Then I was back on my house-ship!

But I don't know how that happened

I floated around the ship for a bit. I guess I made my friends mad because they all stopped talking to me. They all stopped looking at me. I don't like this game.

I don't understand what I did wrong. I just don't know what happened

Its cold on the ship now. I wish Mister @Firebird would turn the heat up. Im so very lonely now.

I don't know why that would be. I don't know what happened

I floated around the ship for awhile. I found myself sleeping. I tried to wake me up but I wouldn't budge.

Its just a dream right?
    Im ready to wake up now.
    I want to wake up now.
    Please God let me wake up now!

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    an_alt wrote: »
    My network of agents sent me an update on the situation aboard the Kiss Her Plenty. They seem to be doing some sort of research on a project codenamed @Berylline.

pQANMNP.jpg

Why isn't there an D'awww~some button?

Edit: Things are getting WAY more interesting now. Dammit, @CorringanX should've stuck around more...

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Cloning
    Grow a replacement for a dead crew member for 3 Steam. Cloned individual will be in the state they were in at start of contest. No special skills or detriments gained inbetween would remain. Also may not copy a currently alive crew member. The mental stress tends to be catastrophic for both individuals.

II nn dd ee ee dd &nbsp ii tt &nbsp dd oo ee ss ..

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Well.

That went poorly.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Crap. Seeing that three way tie has just made me realize I need to come up with some kind of final round tie breaker scenario.
    Crap.
    Not sure why that hadn't occurred to me before.

• Options
    So as far as the special ordering and repairs go. If folks could make a decision by late Sunday that'd be helpful.
    Then we'll have the updated map positions and crew assignment requests as normal.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    While spending Steam on stuff to try and screw everyone else over is tempting, what's the point if we don't have hardly any Steam left when it's all said and done?

Perhaps it's best to just repair our hull and leave it at that.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Ira's gonna have a sale this week actually. Reducing some the costs once I get home.
    edit: Updated

akajaybay on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Crap. Seeing that three way tie has just made me realize I need to come up with some kind of final round tie breaker scenario.
    Crap.

Just spit balling but how about gladiator arena battles?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Crap.

Just spit balling but how about gladiator arena battles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4IdXa9jV9g

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Two ships enter. One ship leaves.

You paid for the whole seat, but you're only going to use the edge...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d59

1d59 3 [1d59=3]

• Options
    edited April 2015
    F3tM1X3.jpg
    Intermission

"Ok", the oddly morose Interrupt showed up again on the view screen. "I've got your orders all sorted out."
    The Steam containment unit on the bridge rose up from the floor and the readout reduced by the spent amount. As it did so, the hull shimmered and seemed to be moving in place. A sheen of energy running through it.
    It only took a few minutes, but when it was done, sections of the ship that had taken heavy damage were back to looking almost as good as new. Damaged systems were back in working order.
    "All right. Well good luck. You jumps are coming in a moment, those of you who relocated will end up in a new random position. And I'll make sure those other things get where they need to go."
    Interrupt sighed and then wandered off the screen.

The jump took place shortly after. The viewscreen showed a updated scoreboard.

Round Seven Complete.

Current Scores
    USS Birds Are Fucking Terrifying : 38 (9 hull)
    Wishlist Upon A Star : 38 (8 hull)
    Kiss Her Plenty : 31 (9 Hull)
    ISS Rougelike : 28 (10 Hull)

Round Eight Map
    uHXXN0B.jpg

Other Notes
    U Wot M8 destroyed along with all crew.
    Shdwcaster incapacitated.
    Muddbudd died.
    Bedlam died.
    CroackerBC and Soundsplush incapacitated.
    Berylline injured

Hit Bit +1 Engineering.
    Orivon healed.
    F3rret healed.
    Karoz healed.
    An_alt healed.
    Drovek healed.

Ghlinn improves to injured.
    DescendantX improves to injured.

Antoshka cloned. Bedlam cloned.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Should have been a 1...

• Options
    *YAAAAWWWWNNNNNN*

I feel like Ive been sleeping for days now. I must have been DEAD tired!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh this worries me greatly. If you told me when this started I'd be working numbers in Excel to figure out what happened and what to do I'd have called you crazy, but here we are and that's what I'm doing.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I mean dying aboard the Kiss her Plenty is pretty much a Tuesday. We just re-load our last save and whistle along like nothing happened. Nope nothing weird here, cept for maybe that eldritch thing that's about to hug the spaceship to death. Im sure that'll be fine.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Round Eight Prep

Zavian was supposed to be working on scanning the system they'd arrived in for anything of interest. But he was finding it difficult to concentrate as the Captain was in the midst of a conversation with @Antoshka. The one that died. They seemed the same. He'd been taking some detailed scans ever since he showed up asking where everyone had gone off to. Apparently as far Antoshka believed they'd just come though the wormhole after the incident at the emoticon's base. "So wait it's been how long?" Antoshka asked again.

Hmm, cloning in of itself wasn't that impressive, but having their memories and personality intact? That was....intriguing.

Much too interesting to pay attention to this sensor scan. He'd just make something up and pass it off to the Captain later. It's not like their intel ever made a difference anyway.
    Geth roll 1d10+3 for a Sensor Scan against difficulty 7

a Sensor Scan against difficulty 7:
    1d10+3 4 [1d10=1]

akajaybay on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    ughhhh Geth really hates me for whatever reason now

Zavian on
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    Oh this worries me greatly. If you told me when this started I'd be working numbers in Excel to figure out what happened and what to do I'd have called you crazy, but here we are and that's what I'm doing.
    Hah, probably having a tough time getting it to add up since I had the wrong hull amount on the Kiss her Plenty at first.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Geth roll 1d10 for Haunting a Muffin

Blueberry it is.

Haunting a Muffin:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Oh @Geth damnit!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I'll bet it's a booberry muffin.

If it wasn't before, it is now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Haha my math was wrong in the best way possible as my error accounted for your error! Go go hard-light holograms that are totally not computers! Also, basic arithmetic is hard!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Round Eight Prep

Zavian was supposed to be working on scanning the system they'd arrived in for anything of interest. But he was finding it difficult to concentrate as the Captain was in the midst of a conversation with @Antoshka. The one that died. They seemed the same. He'd been taking some detailed scans ever since he showed up asking where everyone had gone off to. Apparently as far Antoshka believed they'd just come though the wormhole after the incident at the emoticon's base. "So wait it's been how long?" Antoshka asked again.

Hmm, cloning in of itself wasn't that impressive, but having their memories and personality intact? That was....intriguing.

Much too interesting to pay attention to this sensor scan. He'd just make something up and pass it off to the Captain later. It's not like their intel ever made a difference anyway.
    Geth roll 1d10+3 for a Sensor Scan against difficulty 7

Goddammit.

/headshake

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Round Eight Prep

@Teeman had devised a reconstructive surgery and rapid recovery regiment for @shdwcaster. He'd already pulled him back from the brink once with that drone venom. This should be a piece of cake.
    The cybernetic eyes were probably a bit unsubtle. The red control circuits for the eyes ran under the skin, but the shine of the red pulsing light sometimes showed through. He could make some adjustments later.
    Still, once again his incapacitated patient was back on his feet and ready for duty. He could wear sunglasses or something.
    Shdwcaster healed
    Geth roll 1d10+2 for Superior Medical Care

Superior Medical Care:
    1d10+2 8 [1d10=6]

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @TeeMan you deserve a medal. @shdwcaster is safe and sound again and has bitchin' renegade eyes!

A+ service, would doctor again!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I don't know, you might be tempting Geth. Twice shdwcaster has been at the threshold, Geth might just finish the job next time.