Options

Yellow [Chat]

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I can beat Mario World in less than one hour.

Mario 3 takes closer to two hours.

Therefore, Mario 3 is better.

I've seen Mario 3 get beaten in a few minutes.

by your uncle who works at nintendo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP27uZgN5pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQdwUns7H8

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    day 14 without internet at home

daisy

daisy

give me your answer do

comic.php?date=10162003

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

I was waiting for the lame techno beat to start and was pleasantly suprised

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I loved Yoshi's Island

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Stoya was on the Daily Show tonight

for a moment there I thought I was having another one of those fever dreams where a bunch of things I like are all just happening at the same time

like that one dream where I was training with Susan Sarandon in order to defeat Neo at arm wrestling

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Robert Kirkman just dropped a massive the walking dead spoiler on television tonight.

amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zero subtlety. explicitly stated a major thing that happens later in the comics as a joke.

he's reaching GRRM levels of fan hatred.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    HA5YlMll.jpg

@DemonStacey is that you

• Options
    HA5YlMll.jpg

@DemonStacey is that you
    I'll be honest. I immediately assumed it was.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    dang that's a cool tattoo

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I just did a quick check on Cracked to see how many articles have undergone that post-publishing clickbaitification of their headlines

Sure enough it is pretty much all of them

'18 Terrifying Things Hidden in Fine Print You've Agreed To' became '18 Horrifying Things Hidden in the Fine Print'

'6 R-Rated Early Versions of Classic Disney Movies' became '6 Creepy Details That Were Almost in Classic Disney Movies'

'5 Fantasy Beasts That Wouldn't Work According to Science' became '5 Iconic Fantasy Characters Whose Bodies Wouldn't Work'

The new ones are all undeniably better clickbait titles, but it's actually kind of bizarre that they don't just clickbait-check their headlines before publishing, because it seems like if they're doing it for every article that goes up, someone in the process would eventually go "hey maybe we should give these headlines a once-over before we put them on the website"

simonwolf on
  • Options
    zero subtlety. explicitly stated a major thing that happens later in the comics as a joke.

he's reaching GRRM levels of fan hatred.

what was it?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I am staying at my cousin's place to watch his cat

forgot contact lens solution and glasses

FUCK

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I am staying at my cousin's place to watch his cat

forgot contact lens solution and glasses

FUCK

blurry+betty2.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    maybe you need

Variable lenses

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Learners permit obtained and applied to switch over from unemployment to student allowance. All set except for the dreaded purchasing of textbooks now.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

This was posted earlier. I shall post the same reply.

porque.jpg

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    ronya wrote: »
    maybe you need

Variable lenses

This is when Variable is eaten by the cat and the cat takes over his PA account.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    To whom it may concern,

It is my duty to inform you that you have been assessed as not being an uggo, but that you in fact suffer from RBBF or Resting Basic Bitch Face.

• Options
    The 10-member group led by Jørn Rattsø, a professor of economics at The Norwegian University of Science & Technology (NTNU), handed over its first report to the government after being commissioned by Jensen last year to find ways of reversing a sharp decline in productivity in recent years. The report is sure to spark protests from, for example, the Center Party and others who advocate major public sector investments far from population centers.

The group has documented how Norwegian politicians all too often have approved major investment projects that benefit far too few people, are poorly managed and plagued by huge budget overruns. Costs in general are way out of line in Norway, according to the group, while schools are mediocre, university students take too much time to earn degrees and mainland businesses outside the oil sector lack enough prestige to help Norway diversify its oil-based economy. The group mostly blamed the decline in productivity, though, on systemic inefficiencies and too much emphasis on local interests at the expense of the nation.

“A lot of special interest groups will fight against many of the measures we propose (to counter the inefficiency),” Rattsø told newspaper Aftenposten. “So a lot of this will demand an appropriate dose of political brutality. The gain will be a more efficient economy in the future.”

hmm.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    w9O3xEg.png

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The 10-member group led by Jørn Rattsø, a professor of economics at The Norwegian University of Science & Technology (NTNU), handed over its first report to the government after being commissioned by Jensen last year to find ways of reversing a sharp decline in productivity in recent years. The report is sure to spark protests from, for example, the Center Party and others who advocate major public sector investments far from population centers.

The group has documented how Norwegian politicians all too often have approved major investment projects that benefit far too few people, are poorly managed and plagued by huge budget overruns. Costs in general are way out of line in Norway, according to the group, while schools are mediocre, university students take too much time to earn degrees and mainland businesses outside the oil sector lack enough prestige to help Norway diversify its oil-based economy. The group mostly blamed the decline in productivity, though, on systemic inefficiencies and too much emphasis on local interests at the expense of the nation.

“A lot of special interest groups will fight against many of the measures we propose (to counter the inefficiency),” Rattsø told newspaper Aftenposten. “So a lot of this will demand an appropriate dose of political brutality. The gain will be a more efficient economy in the future.”

hmm.

...the fuck?

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

hmm.

...the fuck?

when you have a political culture that takes the need for public sector investment as obvious, all that's left to argue over is the disposition of said investment

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    maybe you need

Variable lenses

This is when Variable is eaten by the cat and the cat takes over his PA account.

The cat's name is Church.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    To whom it may concern,

It is my duty to inform you that you have been assessed as not being an uggo, but that you in fact suffer from RBBF or Resting Basic Bitch Face.

Oh thank God I thought I was an uggo

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

hmm.

...the fuck?

when you have a political culture that takes the need for public sector investment as obvious, all that's left to argue over is the disposition of said investment
    I'm mostly o.O ing ove the "So a lot of this will demand an appropriate dose of political brutality. " bit.

• Options

hmm.

...the fuck?

I'm mostly o.O ing ove the "So a lot of this will demand an appropriate dose of political brutality. " bit.

I blame the translator

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    actually no, that's really what he says
    - Hvor er motkreftene?

- De er mange. En rekke interessegrupper knyttet til profesjoner, geografi og næringsliv vil kjempe mot mange av tiltakene vi foreslår. Så mye av dette krever en passe dose politisk brutalitet. Gevinsten er en mer effektiv økonomi i fremtiden, sier han.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    maybe @Abdhyius could tell us about the nuances

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    kpzUS.png
    And neither side is wrong

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    w9O3xEg.png
    Garry Sinise's less successful brother Larry Sinise

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    kpzUS.png
    And neither side is wrong

and if anyone in seattle ever remembered that kitsap or the olympic penninsula exists they would be seen as ewoks

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    maybe you need

Variable lenses

I'd miss Variable

but I liked The Cat

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Tonight I went to the grocery store to buy some sugarfree mints, because they help sate my desire to ruin my diet with snacks. And there were two homeless folks outside looking super ragged, so I asked them if they wanted some food, and dude said that yeah they were hungry. So I got my mints and then got juices, sandwiches, some chocolate, and a big loaf of bread and brought it out to them. I just kinda felt grateful that I could actually choose to do something like that, because for so long I couldn't have even afforded to do so.

Anyway I loath people that do charity and then want to tell everyone all about how great they are, but I'm cheating a little and still telling [chat]

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    boop!

• Options
    ok, that's enough typing for tonight. gonna craft some mines.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.