As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Frustration

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    "I'm using motion controls!"

"I'M USING MOTION CONTROLS!"

"waggle!"

"waggle!"

"WAGGLE!!!"

*throws Wiimote at TV screen*

*TV remains intact because wrist strap was properly used*

you mean the one that didn't exist when the wii launched?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

I should beat you at Mario Kart 8 more.

i agree

Yo

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Also if I am playing Destiny and we are in a darkness zone and an enemy is fucking me up, my teammates will hear this from me over the headset:

http://youtu.be/7FPELc1wEvk

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I am referring to one of the preset messages in Mario Kart 8, as to tell people how I really feel about them after getting blue shelled/lighting'd/bullet billed back to back

It means so many things all at the same time

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    I wonder if anyone has ever used the Mario Kart 8 chat things in a sincere fashion.
    After enough shell-based carnage even 'Hello!' starts to feel like mockery.

You're supposed to use them to mean what you say? I though "That was fun!" meant "I will murder you next time." I've been using them wrong all this time.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    I've never used the Wii remote strap

I substitute it with having a good grip

• Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    I silently grip the controller with increased firmness.

• Options

"waggle!"

"waggle!"

"WAGGLE!!!"

*throws Wiimote at TV screen*

*TV remains intact because wrist strap was properly used*

you mean the one that didn't exist when the wii launched?

Yes it did, the Wii came with a wrist strap

The Wii remote jacket did not come with it

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Also if I am playing Destiny and we are in a darkness zone and an enemy is fucking me up, my teammates will hear this from me over the headset:

http://youtu.be/7FPELc1wEvk

In that situation I'm more like

"NOPE!
    NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

#pipe on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I sound like the guy from the Terrible Mr. Grimshaw when playing games, especially online games.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I've taken to asking "Why?!" whenever somebody on my team shoots me in Counter-Strike Global Offensive. They usually don't have a satisfactory answer.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I've taken to asking "Why?!" whenever somebody on my team shoots me in Counter-Strike Global Offensive. They usually don't have a satisfactory answer.

i'm assuming this is in competitive but if you ain't stabbing a friend on the way to the bomb site then I'm not sure why you'd even be playing counter strike!!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    yeah, i do the 'why!?' a lot too. also sucking air through my teeth, like 'tsk' and heavy exaggerated sighs

occasionally i'll call people morons after they do something brainless

usually followed by doing something even dumber myself

• Options

i'm assuming this is in competitive but if you ain't stabbing a friend on the way to the bomb site then I'm not sure why you'd even be playing counter strike!!

Yeah, I only play casual and it's non-stop knifing on the way to the bomb site

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    cravipat wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has ever used the Mario Kart 8 chat things in a sincere fashion.
    After enough shell-based carnage even 'Hello!' starts to feel like mockery.

You're supposed to use them to mean what you say? I though "That was fun!" meant "I will murder you next time." I've been using them wrong all this time.

Haha, I can only assume that was the intended function. I tend to avoid using them just because even if I mean them literally even I cannot help but read them as intensely sarcastic.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    My recent go-tos:

"Oh, fuck off, you cross-footed duck."

(after clearing a challenging room full of challenging enemies)

"I just blacked out. What happened."

(while playing through a challenging room full of challenging enemies, usually flailing about in an unskilled and potentially hazardous manner)

"YOU CAN SUCK IT. YOU CAN SUCK IT ALSO. YOU DO NOT GET TO SUCK IT."

*grunts of varying degrees, some can be vaguely sexual*

"HIYYYYYYYYYY!"

(During confusing cut-scenes where I'm trying to suss out plot)

"Who the fuck is that. Why the fuck did they say. What the fuck did they say. Where the fuck are we going? Why the fuck are we going there? Is that a cliff? They're going to throw me off the cliff, aren't they. Godammit, they threw me off the cliff."

I'll try and pay more attention to what I'm saying and contribute more of my moribund wisdom to this thread.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    JESUS DICK

CHRIST ON A CRACKER

CHRIST IN A CREAM CHEESE SAUCE

broken image link
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    CHRIST IN A CREAM CHEESE SAUCE

Stealin dis

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hearthstone reactions are usually

no

no stop

no FUCK your SHIT

concede

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I don't remember why it was said, but I still get reminded about the time I screamed at the TV I was gonna fuck Mario in the moustache if he didn't smarten up

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I don't know why, but ever since I was a kid I yelled "OH MY SWEET BIPPY" the majority of the time

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    I don't remember why it was said, but I still get reminded about the time I screamed at the TV I was gonna fuck Mario in the moustache if he didn't smarten up

I'll bet he stopped fucking around though, right? Gotta put that fucking plumber in his place or else he'll walk all over you and eat mushrooms and shit

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Yeah, on the rare occasion that I do play casual I fully encourage people to throw incendiary devices in my path. I want to look cool jumping through the flames.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    been bringing merked back as well

depending on how much you get dunked on it sounds sillier and sillier

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    been bringing merked back as well

depending on how much you get dunked on it sounds sillier and sillier

I'm constantly typing out, "rekt" when I kill people or get killed in games. Either people get all butthurt about it which is great for me, or they roll with it and we have a good time with friendly shit talking and goofing around which is great for everybody.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Oh I do know of one I do actually. Well, kind of.

I don't have a microphone so when I play Payday 2 I can only communicate through typing. This isn't exactly ideal but since I only play with a friend of mine and we both know what to do in missions we manage. Except when one of us gets grabbed by a Cloaker, which is when we need immediate assistance and so they know when they come to revive us that he might be around still. So we type out "Cloaker" in the chat.

I tried to type too quickly one time and accidentally wrote "Casdo" instead. So now that's his name, and I write it like that each time. Casdo the Cloaker.

• Options
    I remember once me and the GF at the time, ate a few too many special brownies, and we couldn't beat the first level of Mario 1 after 2 hours of attempts, but pretty sure our only reaction was uncontrollable laughter

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    I remember once me and the GF at the time, ate a few too many special brownies, and we couldn't beat the first level of Mario 1 after 2 hours of attempts, but pretty sure our only reaction was uncontrollable laughter

oddly enough this describes the actual development process for Super Mario Bros.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    some of my usual swears include

YOU MOTHERFUCKER, YEAH, YOU FATHERFUCKER
    FUCKING HELL
    *Pained shriek*
    Godfuckingdammit
    Ah butts

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    It's not so much a word, but I've been known to exasperatedly make a noise similar to this when angry at games..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my go-to curse for things gone awry on the internet was motherFUCKER until I decided to cut all gendered swears and insults out of my vocabulary

now I'm liable to just call someone whatever I last ate

i.e. YOU GODDAMN TACO

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    my go-to curse for things gone awry on the internet was motherFUCKER until I decided to cut all gendered swears and insults out of my vocabulary

i.e. YOU GODDAMN TACO

I have a feeling this is gonna cause a lot of unintentional racism depending on what you last ate

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    cannot stop reading the title to this tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDl8ZPm3GrU

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Just eat a lot of British food.

SPOTTED DICK!

Toad in a FUCKING hole!

Marmite!

The last one is also an appropriate reaction to accidentally eating marmite.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »

The last one is also an appropriate reaction to accidentally eating marmite.

This could be true for the entire thread

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

i.e. YOU GODDAMN TACO

I try to be equally inclusive of all genders

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited March 2015

i.e. YOU GODDAMN TACO

I have a feeling this is gonna cause a lot of unintentional racism depending on what you last ate

thankfully I've yet to call anyone a vindaloo or a falafel

Shorty on
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

i.e. YOU GODDAMN TACO

I try to be equally inclusive of all genders

I'm pretty sure if I adopted this policy it would just mean throwing in a dickhead every once in awhile so that I could justify bringing back motherfucker and that don't seem right

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    It is the incest implications of motherfucker that makes it rude, not gender.

Maybe it is worthy of exemption from the no gendered insult rule?

broken image link