As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Frustration

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "thanks, obama"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm most likely to yell bullshit.

Or if it really gets to me...

Horse shit.

I dunno why but horseshit sounds more crass to me.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It is the incest implications of motherfucker that makes it rude, not gender.

Maybe it is worthy of exemption from the no gendered insult rule?

Wait does motherfucker always specifically mean that specific mother? I always thought it's origins were more from like something said when angry at a stepdad type thing.

I've retired it for the most part anyway, more cause is also kinda a boring one.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I'm most likely to yell bullshit.

Or if it really gets to me...

Horse shit.

I dunno why but horseshit sounds more crass to me.

I can get really Texan when I scream out horseshit. I also say horsefeathers a lot instead of horseshit.

I had a super Christian friend that I played a LOT of Halo 3 and Reach with and he'd always get angry and say stuff like, "Gosh darn it!" and "Gee whiz!" and "God bless you!" in an angry-sounding voice and it was the most hilarious shit I'd ever heard. It was pretty much like this:

347803363_pghtX-1050x10000.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Oh man if you haven't tried angry compliments, you should, it is very stress relieving for everyone somehow. It's fun.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I prefer the South Park approach. Censors wouldn't let them say "motherfucker" so they changed it to "uncle fucker" which was immediately funnier, more memorable, and somehow more dirty sounding (probably because "motherfucker" is so passe).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    what, for the movie? what reason would they have had to change it? it was getting an R rating regardless

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Aww, shucks

Aww, dangit

Aww, fiddle-faddle

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My favourite insult that I have not yet have a chance to use is.

Is it Christmas lunch? Cause there are a bunch of fucking turkeys around hear.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Aww, shucks

Aww, dangit

Aww, fiddle-faddle

Aww swizzlesticks.

That ruffles my jimmies!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    mostly "shit" and "fuck", but primarily inaudible.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Ever since I watched Silicon Valley I've been looking for a good opportunity to tell somebody they "just brought piss to a shit fight."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I have a thing where I just do I sharp intake of breath and make a hissing noise with my teeth any time I get slightly stressed or excited. I never notice it.

I apparently used to do it a ton when I was learning to drive, and my mum kept on trying to get me to stop, because she thought that it would make me sound nervous as hell and not in control.

Apparently, everyone in the next room over can tell when I'm playing video games, because I'll just be making those noises all the time.

• Options
    PioneerPioneer Registered User new member
    Kurrrrrwa

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    kuwabara, kuwabara

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

It's all Greek to me

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm sorry

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    no you aren't

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I always heard it as like "the mother of all fuckers" not "fucker of moms"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes I flip off the screen. Other times I sputter nonsense while attempting vengeance.

When Sunless Sea gets to me I mutter darkly to myself, almost in character.

Fucking proton fascists.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    one time i put a crt through some dry wall

the crt was fine though

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    one time i put a crt through some dry wall

the crt was fine though

CRTs are probably made from solid platinum.

My college roommate had a fairly large one, and I swear to God it was harder to move than the goddamn couch.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I

uh

speak directly to the game/developers in various shades of pleading, cajoling and/or rationalization as to why I should be able to do the thing I am unable to do

this generally degenerates into scolding and eventually disparagement and I usually end up having to apologize to the imaginary people/concepts I was arguing with

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I try and find something nice to say about another part of the game but I know there's no going back to the way things were

• Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    whispered "oh fuck yoooooooooooooooou"

more frustration makes it more drawn out and quieter

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I may have kicked a hole in the wall while playing Super Mario World.

I didn't mean to, I just didn't realize that drywall isn't all that strong.

In hindsight, maybe it shouldn't have taken me another 10 years to realize that platformers weren't really my cup of tea.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The angrier I get, the more PG and Mormonized my cusses get

A light inconvenience is a "Motherfucker." My twelfth failed attempt is a "Oh god bless it! Cheese and friggin' rice with this nonsense."

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I just get really sarcastic.

"Really? That's a one-hit-kill?. Of course it is. That's fair. That's a fun game. Good fucking job everybody."

RT800 on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My ex-girlfriend once sent me out of the room when she was practicing Guitar Hero because she was getting super frustrated and I wasn't helping.

I was browsing the Web in the next room for half an hour, listening to rock music interspersed with swearing.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    When playing multiplayer fps games I will applaud the person that killed me or give them a thumbs up and a 'yeah!' It helps me realise my dying is helping someone else have fun, so that's cool. But in single player or against bots I am not only dying, but my computer opponent takes no satisfaction in it! What's the point? There's no benefit! I hope that they one day implement the learning style ai into fps bots. The kind where they can do whatever they want but they're rewarded for doing certain things (killing opponents), this then prompts them to get better at doing those certain things. Then I'll at least know that the computer is enjoying itself as it kills me.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    When playing multiplayer fps games I will applaud the person that killed me or give them a thumbs up and a 'yeah!' It helps me realise my dying is helping someone else have fun, so that's cool. But in single player or against bots I am not only dying, but my computer opponent takes no satisfaction in it! What's the point? There's no benefit! I hope that they one day implement the learning style ai into fps bots. The kind where they can do whatever they want but they're rewarded for doing certain things (killing opponents), this then prompts them to get better at doing those certain things. Then I'll at least know that the computer is enjoying itself as it kills me.

I had a lot of fun playing BF3 with randoms. I don't have a headset, so I had no idea what anyone was saying, and I am complete garbage at videogames (I think my lifetime k/d was something like 0.25:1?), but I would be laughing my arse off everytime I got killed in a funny way. Occasionally I would luck into knifing someone that thought they were pretty good and then I would run around for ages trying really hard not to get killed rather than trying to get any kills, and sometimes they would get super-pissed off if they didn't manage to revenge kill me, and just keep coming after over and over.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    what, for the movie? what reason would they have had to change it? it was getting an R rating regardless

Because you still have to earn an R rating and some films have too many instances of The Bad Stuff to get that. Then they cross over into NC-17 and that's a death knell for any film.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I take a leaf out of Freakazoid's books and say "Aw, nutbunnies."

Also occasionally "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "thanks, obama"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I have managed to avoid destroying any controllers, but only just barely. One attempt at the Dragonforce song on Guitar Hero 3 resulted in the guitar over my head about to go into the floor before I managed to stop myself and do something else for a while.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    I

uh

speak directly to the game/developers in various shades of pleading, cajoling and/or rationalization as to why I should be able to do the thing I am unable to do

this generally degenerates into scolding and eventually disparagement and I usually end up having to apologize to the imaginary people/concepts I was arguing with

Riot plz!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I have managed to avoid destroying any controllers, but only just barely. One attempt at the Dragonforce song on Guitar Hero 3 resulted in the guitar over my head about to go into the floor before I managed to stop myself and do something else for a while.

Such nostalgia...I actually just watched a video of someone playing that song on youtube a few days ago. I regret selling GH3. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    When someone teabags in bf4 it's 'awesome. THANKS' with so much sarcasm

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    When someone teabags in bf4 it's 'awesome. THANKS' with so much sarcasm

I do the same thing I do when some douchebag in a pickup truck fishtails around a corner in the rain

"YOU'RE A COOL GUY. GREAT JOB."

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I will sometimes set the controller down and let the main character get the ass beating they've obviously been wanting.

kyrcl.png