As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're Back! Happy [Ghostbusters] 2 Day! (28th Anniversary June 16th)

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Igort wrote: »
    Man, I love Ghostbusters, have done my whole life. The idea of the reboot and everything we've seen so far has me shaking with excitement...

Having said that, I'm really, really not into the idea of them turning it into a big franchise with a new movie every few years. I'm worried that might suck the magic out of it.

Am I the only one?

No, I mean it makes sense since there were so many other movies/franchises that were ruined by unessecary (I have GOT to learn how to spell that fucking word) sequels and tie-ins.

Edit: thinking about it further, GB works really well with the episodic format for "find job, do research, trap ghost, get paid" and having the movies be big event type things (Sumerian God crossing over)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Man, I love Ghostbusters, have done my whole life. The idea of the reboot and everything we've seen so far has me shaking with excitement...

Having said that, I'm really, really not into the idea of them turning it into a big franchise with a new movie every few years. I'm worried that might suck the magic out of it.

Am I the only one?
    unessecary (I have GOT to learn how to spell that fucking word)

In this world where autocorrect spell-check is everywhere, learning how spell words is pretty non-requisite.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    @TankHammer How much is that running you, if you don't mind me asking?
    I've been giving more and more consideration to starting a Seattle GB franchise, but not sure about start up costs.

You and me should talk Chromdom. The fact that there's no Ghostbusters franchise in our beloved city means spooks and specters have been running roughshod over us for years. Pike Place Market alone would make us enough in consulting fees to retire on.

If you guys get this thing off the ground I would be happy to donate a patch design for you. Just decide what cliché Seattle thing to incorporate.

I'm thinking either "ghost behind the space needle" or "green and white no-ghost drawn like the Starbucks mermaid holding a takeout coffee cup"

I, for one, have always preferred the original no-ghost logo. Heck, I don't even like the peace-sign two fingers second movie logo.
    Grumpgrumgrump.

You misunderstand. Your right shoulder has the traditional no-ghost patch, the left shoulder carries your franchise patch.
    9wF8cNM.jpg1jESXZO.jpg

Ohhh....!
    I'm kinda thinking a ghost wrapped around the Space Needle might be good, but I've also been here less than 2 years, so maybe my opinion isn't as valid as a native/local's?

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I've been giving more and more consideration to starting a Seattle GB franchise, but not sure about start up costs.

You and me should talk Chromdom. The fact that there's no Ghostbusters franchise in our beloved city means spooks and specters have been running roughshod over us for years. Pike Place Market alone would make us enough in consulting fees to retire on.

If you guys get this thing off the ground I would be happy to donate a patch design for you. Just decide what cliché Seattle thing to incorporate.

I'm thinking either "ghost behind the space needle" or "green and white no-ghost drawn like the Starbucks mermaid holding a takeout coffee cup"

I, for one, have always preferred the original no-ghost logo. Heck, I don't even like the peace-sign two fingers second movie logo.
    Grumpgrumgrump.

You misunderstand. Your right shoulder has the traditional no-ghost patch, the left shoulder carries your franchise patch.
    9wF8cNM.jpg1jESXZO.jpg

Ohhh....!
    I'm kinda thinking a ghost wrapped around the Space Needle might be good, but I've also been here less than 2 years, so maybe my opinion isn't as valid as a native/local's?

Speaking as a lifetimer, given that the Space Needle is pretty much the icon of Seattle, it would make the most sense for patch, though I do like the idea of the Starbucks ghost as well.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

Am I the only one?
    unessecary (I have GOT to learn how to spell that fucking word)

In this world where autocorrect spell-check is everywhere, learning how spell words is pretty non-requisite.

For some reason, that word I fuck up just enough that auto-correct can't correct it (obviously).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Grumpgrumgrump.

9wF8cNM.jpg1jESXZO.jpg

Ohhh....!

Speaking as a lifetimer, given that the Space Needle is pretty much the icon of Seattle, it would make the most sense for patch, though I do like the idea of the Starbucks ghost as well.

Speaking as a person who's never been to Seattle and probably wouldn't be able to locate it first try on a map, I have to say that Starbucks are everywhere, but there's only one Space Needle.

As another suggestion, instead of the standard Ghostbusters Ghost, replace it with a stylized image of The Fremont Troll behind the No-Circle? (Does that circle with a slash have an official name? It seems like something so widely used would have a name...)

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    It's called a "no symbol" or "circle backslash".

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm glad my franchise of me is so small that I don't have a specific patch. Never been keen on a patch on each shoulder. I'm a purist.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Though really Omaha's stupid logo is just an O!

So really a generic no ghost patch which a red exclamation mark would work.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Though really Omaha's stupid logo is just an O!

So really a generic no ghost patch which a red exclamation mark would work.

Ever thought of just getting an exclamation mark and putting it next to the existing patch?

Or one of those U-shaped patches that goes over or under the circular one?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Or you could use the no circle design but replace the ghost with a picture of Maris Crane from Frasier.

• Options
    Or you could use the no circle design but replace the ghost with a picture of Maris Crane from Frasier.

Nope.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

Grumpgrumgrump.

9wF8cNM.jpg1jESXZO.jpg

Ohhh....!

The Space Needle should be the crossbar of the no-ghost logo. I googled "Seattle Ghostbusters" and apparently someone has been doing some 'busting...
    1740417_861969727157676_671139504_n.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Grumpgrumgrump.

9wF8cNM.jpg1jESXZO.jpg

Ohhh....!

The Space Needle should be the crossbar of the no-ghost logo. I googled "Seattle Ghostbusters" and apparently someone has been doing some 'busting...
    1740417_861969727157676_671139504_n.jpg

Bustin' makes me feel good.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Bustin
    Bustin
    Bustin
    Bustin
    Bustin
    Bustin
    Bustin
    Bustin
    makes me feel good
    feel good
    feel good
    feel good

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    How does bustin' make you feel, TDOT?

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    How does bustin' make you feel, TDOT?

Eh.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    :O

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Well, this shut's the door on that Tatum/Pratt Ghostbuster's movie.
    "There has been a lot of excitement recently about what is happening with the Ghostbusters franchise. As the producer of the new Ghostbusters film, I feel the need to clarify. There is only one new Ghostbusters movie and that is the Paul Feig directed version coming next July, presently filming and going fantastically. The rest is just noise.”

• Options
    I feel like I'm in the middle of a custody battle.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Has anybody tried to buy your love yet?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I now picture a box arriving with a note that says "Thinking of You" containing a skull head of booze, a copy of the Great Outdoors and the soundtrack to Nothing but Trouble.

• Options
    I mean he kinda has to say that since that movie is being made. Even if it isn't true he has to say that or people will just dismiss this one.

• Options
    Outstanding bust tonight at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta!

We had in the neighborhood of 20 busters big and small as well as a Mrs. Stay-Puft. It was a huge turn out! The local radio station's top program "the Bert Show" was talking about it all day and they were at the show and took photos with some of us. I was in so many pictures. My voice is raw from being in character and talking over the crowd so much!

Oh and my pack was delivered to me before the show and looks and sounds amazing!

This is easily the biggest thing I've ever put together and I can't wait for the next one.

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I have a bunch more photos from the rest of the crew who didn't spend the night passing out cards and free tickets.
    eG1m9kp.jpg
    j7SmZV7.jpg
    Y28QTHL.jpg
    WVKfxqI.jpg

And for you rookie Ghostbusters just starting out but without any real estate to put up as collateral, here's one of the Florida equipment technicians showing you how to make a passable proton pack for under $100:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vD19esMTVE&feature=youtu.be

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @timspork's ghost @TankHammer

You guys want to make some extra cash?

The Philipines could use a hand

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I've sent a quote in to the local government. However is religious groups are heavily involved we tend to let them deal with it. Some of those jesuits exorcists can really do some damage.

On a spiritual level.

• Options
    I've sent a quote in to the local government. However is religious groups are heavily involved we tend to let them deal with it. Some of those jesuits exorcists can really do some damage.

On a spiritual level.

I went to Catholic school. I know first hand.

• Options
    So everyone's favorite sci-fi/fantasy themed drinking convention is just around the corner and one of the most cherished traditions is homemade apple pie.

Many fan groups make a batch for their own use and this year we were challenged by the local 501st Storm Trooper garrison and their branded "Liquid Schwartz". So we stepped up to the challenge.
    You are like the buzzing of flies before Vigo's Sorrow of Moldovia!
    ecj9mjdx9lox.jpg

2vox2jdmno68.jpg
    Ha ha ha!
    (copy and brand name by me, design by GAGB member Ash Hill)

• Options

On a spiritual level.

I went to Catholic school. I know first hand.

So did I! Hi5

8 years here.

• Options
    Oh and the GB16 cast visited Tufts Children's hospital today and they were showing off some new equipment!
    17h7szkkmtkp.jpg

• Options
    vt6ywz5x38te.jpg
    rbvjz3xfdmns.jpg
    av22ezevrunw.jpg
    nzgnpq422epe.jpg
    w2vojasltus3.jpg
    It would appear we have confirmation that the equipment will evolve over the course of the movie!

I love LOVE the PKE meter!

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Movies not even out for another year and I'm already in love with the new crew!

• Options
    Oh man look at the PKE meter thing hanging from the belt!

• Options
    Oh man look at the PKE meter thing hanging from the belt!
    ja0oqs1fqo2j.png

Eeeeee! I want one!

• Options
    looks like you could use a phone for the screen pretty easily.

• Options
    Oh man, PKE Meter App. Gotta look that up now.....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Oh man, PKE Meter App. Gotta look that up now.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bustin.ghostmeterfree
    nsveykegmxa5.png
    z6os3awqt243.png
    You can set it so it reacts to the gyroscope in the phone so the more you tilt it upwards the faster and louder it beeps.

I have a spare phone I was intending to use for exactly the purpose of building a PKE 2.0 around, designed after the ones on Extreme Ghostbusters.

TankHammer on
This discussion has been closed.