As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're Back! Happy [Ghostbusters] 2 Day! (28th Anniversary June 16th)

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Anyone want to buy a slightly-loved proton pack? A fellow buster is selling his first one and the starting bid is pretty cheap!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191669041504
    This is an auction for my hand made ghostbuster proton pack. This was my first replica pack which I sculpted out of cardboard, glue, paper mache, PVC, and laquer. A good, lightweight pack!
    Several pieces are missing, including wires, tubes, hardware, lights, and shoulder straps. A good jumping off point for anyone looking for a small DIY project. The wand is complete with all tubing and hardware. Pack includes the ALICE frame and kidney belt.
    This makes a GREAT starter pack for a new ghostbuster! I'm a member of several GB costuming groups and this was my baby for many years!!! she needs a new life in a new home!!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    $150 starting is cheap?
    I may very well be priced out of this...

EDIT: $150 for a starter made of cardboard (at least in part) seems excessive.
    $300 including shipping for fairly good model that can last as long as I care for it to, on the other hand, that's another story.
    Gotta track me down some patches and a nomex suit!

chromdom on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    $150 is dirt cheap.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The shell without the ALICE frame, lights or any details is $100.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
  • Options

Lots of ladies working on the new flick are not having any of that misogynistic bullshit.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    really sexed up janine, there

which is ridiculous because she didn't need no help with that, young Metzger Meister corroborates.

also, crystal skull vodka is the best because you can make the bottle into a rad bo-

uh...

water pipe. for tobacco use.

and nothing else.

• Options
    Hi guys, thirsty for more Ghostbusters stuff eh?

Well something very exciting happened to me last week. I got fucking shit-canned from the Georgia Ghostbusters for reasons that were never fully explained but my running theory would make me and the folks that were ejected with me sound like complete narcissists.

I felt kind of ill and stunned by it at first, not sure if it was some sort of dark joke but Chace Ambrose, leader of the GAGB was 100% serious and so my friends in the franchise who organized the big Krispy Kreme/Vasculitis fundraising event last year, and the attendees that were major parts of both that and my theater event last month got pink slips from the fan club and all we can do to discern why is pooling our information and making some educated guesses.

Which we did. In person. At a pub in midtown Atlanta.

We compared notes, talked about how much we loved being Ghostbusters and about how we never really got to do the fund-raising or charity stuff we'd intended due to the complications of working within such a massive fan-group. We turned to look at our current situation. Clearly we couldn't just stop, could we? Of course not! For whatever reasons. Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that we were destined to get thrown out of that dump.

For what purpose?

To go into business for ourselves!

More news as it develops. For now I leave you with this:

https://youtu.be/zFFScnfE-ds

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    We saw Ghostbusters at the Troc tonight! I won a Yuengling shirt and some popcorn for correctly guessing a trivia question.

Man, I love that movie something fierce.

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    We saw Ghostbusters at the Troc tonight! I won a Yuengling shirt and some popcorn for correctly guessing a trivia question.

Man, I love that movie something fierce.

It's an alright flick for sure.

I mean I wouldn't murder anyone over it. That's good news for someone this week. ;)

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Hi guys, thirsty for more Ghostbusters stuff eh?

Well something very exciting happened to me last week. I got fucking shit-canned from the Georgia Ghostbusters for reasons that were never fully explained but my running theory would make me and the folks that were ejected with me sound like complete narcissists.

I felt kind of ill and stunned by it at first, not sure if it was some sort of dark joke but Chace Ambrose, leader of the GAGB was 100% serious and so my friends in the franchise who organized the big Krispy Kreme/Vasculitis fundraising event last year, and the attendees that were major parts of both that and my theater event last month got pink slips from the fan club and all we can do to discern why is pooling our information and making some educated guesses.

Which we did. In person. At a pub in midtown Atlanta.

We compared notes, talked about how much we loved being Ghostbusters and about how we never really got to do the fund-raising or charity stuff we'd intended due to the complications of working within such a massive fan-group. We turned to look at our current situation. Clearly we couldn't just stop, could we? Of course not! For whatever reasons. Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that we were destined to get thrown out of that dump.

For what purpose?

To go into business for ourselves!

More news as it develops. For now I leave you with this:

https://youtu.be/zFFScnfE-ds

You don't know what it's like out there! I've worked in the private sector. They expect results!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Good luck Dr Hammer! The Omaha franchise is rooting for you!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The New Atlanta Ghostbusters are composed of a professional filmmaker, a graphic designer, an Illustrator/sequential artist, a professional PR guy for a major nationwide grocery store and a fire safety inspector and a DJ who also works for the Cancer Society organizing fundraisers.

Oh and the social media manager for Tru-Spec flightsuits.

We don't need luck. We have the tools, we have the talent.

• Options
    So it sounds like you guys are all going to be wearing Rothco suits...

• Options

Nah, Gibson & Barnes.

• Options
    The real fat cats wear Tobin & Spengler.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    The real fat cats wear Tobin & Spengler.

Yeah, but I'm an XL-Tall.

• Options

Nah, Gibson & Barnes.

We got some high rollers over here!

So is the DragonCon parade going to be really awkward this year for you guys? Or did they somehow kick you out of that as well? Jerks.

• Options
    @TankHammer & company should call themselves the Real Georgia Ghostbusters.

Or start showing up as these guys...

The_Ghost_Busters_(TV_series)_cast_photo.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Nah, Gibson & Barnes.

So is the DragonCon parade going to be really awkward this year for you guys? Or did they somehow kick you out of that as well? Jerks.

We're still "invited" to the parade, meaning it's an open event for all Ghostbusters to attend. We're definitely going to show a united and strong front for the other franchises to recognize. We still have friends in the GAGB and those of them who have beef with us are definitely in the minority. They just happen to be the leadership. Several Atlanta-area busters have already reached-out to us to ask if we were going to found a new group because the Macon group has a pretty poor history of organizing events outside of their small area.

Due to a request by the GAGB leadership and for my own personal reasons as well, I pulled the patch off my uniform last night and replaced it with something more positively-charged:
    Q4kasrhl.jpg

I also kinda want to put this on a t-shirt:
    zNFawdjl.jpg

Not our final design but hilarious to me.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Nah, Gibson & Barnes.

We're still "invited" to the parade, meaning it's an open event for all Ghostbusters to attend. We're definitely going to show a united and strong front for the other franchises to recognize. We still have friends in the GAGB and those of them who have beef with us are definitely in the minority. They just happen to be the leadership. Several Atlanta-area busters have already reached-out to us to ask if we were going to found a new group because the Macon group has a pretty poor history of organizing events outside of their small area.

Due to a request by the GAGB leadership and for my own personal reasons as well, I pulled the patch off my uniform last night and replaced it with something more positively-charged:
    Q4kasrhl.jpg

I also kinda want to put this on a t-shirt:
    zNFawdjl.jpg

Not our final design but hilarious to me.

That logo could only be more Atlanta if it was on fire.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Oh come now, I didn't even put a Coke bottle in his hand!

• Options
    We did discuss (jokingly) calling ourselves the REAL Georgia Ghostbusters but, again, we aren't looking to be a bunch of assholes.

• Options
    What about the Extreme Georgia Ghostbusters?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Atlanta Ghost Smashers

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Also wait, the other group is in Macon? Isn't that super small compared to Atlanta? The patch was all of Georgia. You should make THEM take off the Georgia patch not that you've split. They should not be allowed to represent the whole state.

• Options
    Also wait, the other group is in Macon? Isn't that super small compared to Atlanta? The patch was all of Georgia. You should make THEM take off the Georgia patch not that you've split. They should not be allowed to represent the whole state.

Until now they did rep the whole state. There were several smaller groups but they all merged into one sometime before I got to GA. They have members all over the state, only recently did we start making major waves up here in the ATL.

• Options
    Turner Classic Ghostbusters

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Who would have thought there'd be so much similarity between people who want to dress up like a 30+ year old movie franchise and biker gangs clubs.

This has truly been enlightening.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Turns out The Trocadero in Philly is showing Ghostbusters on their balcony screen on the 31st! I'll definitely be there.

movies at the troc own

jelly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I'm seriously considering scheduling my trip to Boston next summer around GB2016 and seeing it at the Boston Common Loews Cinema. It's a literal block away from the Chinese restaurant that served as the headquarters for the new film and I bet the North East Ghostbusters Alliance (Taskforce Ecto) will be there, maybe the New Hampshire Ghostbusters as well!

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So Dragon*Con went pretty excellent.

I'm still waiting on video to be edited and did't feel like formatting a photo post but hey, check out my new franchise y'all!
    inr8ktIl.jpg
    www.AtlantaGhostbusters.com
    2Mul4Cnl.jpg
    That BFA in Graphic Design was bound to come in handy sooner or later!

54NhHP5l.jpg
    KFVXItul.jpg
    Preparing for the parade with my old Georgia Ghostbusters patch removed and replaced by something more cheery.
    Oh and this is my bottle:
    0kEf4OXl.jpg
    Drink at your own risk! It came in very handy at the convention. I highly recommend laser-etching cosplay-appropriate water bottles if you have the means.

6u6Ir37l.jpg
    Some of the Atlanta Ghostbusters crew about to bust some heads... in a spiritual sense of course.

rwSLryKl.jpg
    Some of the Alabama team who came straight from a pretty big bust and did't have time for a shower.

QyhJ3gcl.jpg
    Jonny Ruckus of the New Hampshire team brought his Hello Kitty pack and was promptly slimed by some ghost bros for being a giant dingus.

jS0qOVCl.jpg
    Father and daughter: Ghostbusters Generations!
    That's Bob and Stella. Everyone loved her slime blower. Bob did a bang-up job!

1B7S98Vl.jpg
    Group pack-inspection! These are all the busters who brought their nuclear accelerators but neglected the licenses.

jDpyhVxl.jpg
    And Lara helps me inspect my pack with her granddad. You may remember her as the little girl with the full-on rap face at the Dublin parade awhile back.
    nRj82VCl.jpg
    She's a PR machine. That picture went mega-viral on Saturday at the convention.

8akc4fql.jpg
    Letting off a little smoke. It was a warm day out.

9l0Mh5zl.jpg
    Overall I'd say it was a decent crowd. 80,000 people or so cheered us on.

Q6GjMeOl.jpg
    "Lunchbox" and "dj BC" try to snare a slippery little spud as we crossed under some parking garages.

e4bR5G7l.jpg
    Abigail Gardner put on her best Kate McKinnon impression for the parade.

e2TpOgal.jpg
    Ancient religions are no substitute for a positron collider at your back.

pZBH29Ql.jpg
    Ran into some old friends.

BKz4fq2l.jpg
    And old foes.

J0CWxCbl.jpg
    Inter-franchise photo!

Wait... there's more...
    What's this?
    h135pjJl.jpg
    Very strange...
    pbiPB7fl.jpg
    Was I on stage then? Seems like a pretty big crowd! I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out!
    etTbMEvl.jpg

TankHammer on
  • Options
    I'm super jealous of those cards.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Wait... there's more...
    What's this?
    h135pjJl.jpg
    Very strange...
    pbiPB7fl.jpg
    Was I on stage then? Seems like a pretty big crowd! I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out!
    etTbMEvl.jpg

"Still making headlines all across the country, the Atlanta Ghostbusters were at it again, this time at the fashionable dance club 'Bootie...'"

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    0bfCnpYh.jpg
    It was a pretty good weekend.

And @timspork's ghost, I will make you some cards. Message me and I can knock 'em out tomorrow night.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

This is fucking wonderful.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, Emerald City GB's gonna be at Rose City this weekend and I'm not gonna be able to make it. Oh well, least I'll be making money soon so I can start working on my jumpsuit.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »
    Man, Emerald City GB's gonna be at Rose City this weekend and I'm not gonna be able to make it. Oh well, least I'll be making money soon so I can start working on my jumpsuit.

Don't worry Matev, everybody has three mortgages these days. You get that flightsuit together! Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.