As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're Back! Happy [Ghostbusters] 2 Day! (28th Anniversary June 16th)

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Ghost dinosaurs!

Kinda.

They're in Florida fighting spectral gators!

Those gator heads look a lot more dinosaur-like than usual (not that gators are far off from dinos as-is)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    GB-Int-01-cvr-2b9d2.jpg

The Conehead haircut on Ray was a nice touch by the artist.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    "Entrap mass entities."

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Spectral... gators?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    does the company that made the rpg still exist? because they should see about doing like on demand prints of that.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Melding wrote: »
    does the company that made the rpg still exist? because they should see about doing like on demand prints of that.

West End Games was acquired and absorbed back in the 20th century and no longer has the license. Their D6 system is free to use and all the materials needed to play the games are available online and through various sources like www.nerdyshow.com/gbrpg.

Cryptozoic games is shipping a board game right now which might quench your interest. It even comes with d6 ghost dice that can be used to play the WEG game as well.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want a full sized poster printed up with that cover on it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Melding wrote: »

Hell, even if they just released it on PDF, it can't be that tough to find a print shop that would make you a copy.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I keep hoping against hope that someday I'll walk into the local Half-Price Books and they have the WEG Ghostbusters for sale.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I make my own books.

I can share the files with you if you like a well as my printing and binding settings.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Okay so
    QO8Xa9L.jpg
    here is how you make your own Ghostbusters RPG books:
    Ghostbusters: The Frightfully Cheerful Role-Playing Game (1986)
    Download Links:
    Operations Manual
    Reference File A - How to Play
    Reference File B - Example of Play
    Terminology and Paperwork
    Training Manual (for players)
    One big ZIP file including the Ghostbusters Resurrection additions

Ghostbusters International (1989)
    Download Links:
    Manual
    Tobin's Spirit Guide

First download the links above. They're PDFs of the original game books which are out of print indefinitely.

Next you'll want to go to a local print shop. I work at a Staples so that's where I go. The whole kit cost me around $40 to have made.

Here are the settings I used along with the pricing:
    qaoZFNU.png
    The original book seems to do well by being combined with these other files. z8esBDm.png

Choose black and white for printing. The entire book is in black and white so a color job would only cost more money for no good reason HOWEVER, when it comes time to choose your covers you should pick the following options:
    Print on Front
    Color printing
    8.5"x11" 67lb White Letter
    Optional: Check the box at the bottom to add a clear, plastic cover.
    Now your cover will be on thicker stock and printed in color while you still only pay the B&W price.
    Double-Sided (head-to-head)
    Collated
    Coil binding So you can lay your book flat and also fold it over for convenience. I did this with both manuals but chose comb binding for Tobin's Spirit Guide for variety. I also went without a plastic cover, which proved dangerous as we usually drink while playing. I recommend keeping the plastic on.
    Back Cover - Black Vinyl

That should do it, just follow that guideline and at least get the dice from the Central Florida Ghostbusters or Cryptozoic and you'll be set.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Torg; West End Games rocked.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    And Paranoia, that was them too!
    <3

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    And Paranoia, that was them too!
    <3

Another great game, but I want to say it didn't use the d6 system. It's been a while, though.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Oh, was that the qualification?
    Yeah, I think it used d20

• Options
    edited October 2015
    17wEz0S.jpg
    My book came early!

I don't know if anyone actually wants to see a video of me opening it and talking about it so the plastic stays on for now. Not sure how I would even do that.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    It looks like the VHS box!
    oazt7v6lp15l.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yo I need scoops. Tell me about this book!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I've filmed some video from my phone. It's uploading now in 2 parts.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    It's going to take hours! Yikes!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I'm going to watch Ghostbusters tonight. :) It's been a while!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Rh1ah-OuW-w
    https://youtu.be/3TKn_QeiVyQ

I haven't watched these yet and they're just raw video so I'm sure there's tons of improvement but tell me what you think. Should I go into detail about any parts?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I got my suit cleaned and secured all the patches including the new ATLANTA patch I had made.

I'll be too hot to handle, too cold to hold this weekend at the Halloween parade!
    5OtlOTd.jpg?1

TankHammer on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Hi all, first time poster in this thread as I stumbled on it. Love the movies ofcourse. I must acquire the ultimate visual history as soon as it's available here in the Netherlands!
    Noticed there is a boardgame coming soon as well, and though the missus and I love us some gaming, I'm worried about the gameplay. It looks great, with neat figurines, but gameplaywise it seems a little bland with only 3 types of ghosts and a few bosses.
    Are there any reviews already that can win me over? As I'm interesting in either buying the game and the book or the book and the Portal game from the same makers (that looks more fun).

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    No reviews that I've seen yet, just play tests. Copies of the game should be going out soon to Kickstarter backers you'll get reviews on then.

• Options
    Hey Tank, where did you get the nuke symbol with the heart? It looks like a pin, or is it a patch also?

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Hey Tank, where did you get the nuke symbol with the heart? It looks like a pin, or is it a patch also?

Gbfans.com

• Options
    It's a really nice die-cast lapel pin.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I helped lead a team down to Atlanta's Little Five Points Halloween Parade today. We finally have our new banners and patches and a whole slew of Junior Ghostbusters joined us as well. Everyone had a killer time. The kids were well over-stimulated.

q8sXjah.jpg?1
    Pose as a team because this shit got REAL!

Really proud of the Junior Ghostbusters today. We had a great time, danced a little and marched almost a mile and a half in the parade before hoofing it to lunch and back.
    5grGSvo.jpg

TankHammer on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    On our trip to Groningen, I stumbled upon this 2015 published book about Bill Murray.

mzkpnqt136rz.jpg

Got it as a present from my gf, and I'm currently reading the ghostbusters parts!

phoi108x33r4.jpg

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    TeeFury.com has some really nice Ghostbusters t-shirts on sale right now for their Halloween collection. The coupon code SAVE10 should save you 10% but somehow I screwed that up and paid full price for my new Ecto-1 shirt.

Anyway, here are the designs. I recommend Tobin's Spirit Guide. I own it in green and it's an excellent print!
    sHZ3TQu.pngxyrwm5u.pngEWs8UIb.png

• Options
    Maybe 'cause the Ecto-1 shirt is new and already marked down from the "old" price?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGSGXAyEnpc

Thought some here might be curious how the basic level Ghostbusters got for Lego Dimensions is like. If you're not aware, there's a separate free-roaming level-pack that you can buy that besides unlocking said free-roam level in the game comes with Peter, a Ghost Trap and Ecto-1, the last from what I've seen of the packs is most likely capable of being altered into two alternate vehicle forms. There's also two 'Fun Packs' which add more additional Ghostbuster-related characters or items to play with in the game. The first brings Stay Puft and a Terror Dog while the other brings Slimer and a Slime Shooter.

• Options
    The Omaha Ghostbusters are currently on the job!
    0ibbsdhzrnan.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Video Reveiwer SFDebris has put up his "Opinionated Look at Ghostbusters"

http://sfdebris.com/videos/films/ghostbusters.php

• Options
    The Ghostbusters firehouse is being released with 7 minifigs, most of them new!
    http://ghostbustersnews.com/2015/10/28/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-hq-revealed/
    4hYS2Sw.jpg
    kZNCZxU.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Heh, that's Ghostbusters II "hit by the ghost train" Winston hair.

EDIT: So looking at my Ecto-1 figures, notable differences (besides the arm patches and arm pockets)

-Peter is obviously slimed; his hair is also less triangular.
    -Egon and Ray look about the same
    -Winston has more frizzy hair (the older figure has straight hair)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Heh, that's Ghostbusters II "hit by the ghost train" Winston hair.

But then he wouldn't have the mustache!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Wait, Winston didn't have the mustache in 2?

This discussion has been closed.