As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Zombie: Back Tonight? Sure Final Season?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I gotta say, I'm super amused that Zombie Major doesn't have his hair go completely white, he only gets that Bride of Frankenstein white streak.

That happens to all zombies, their hair goes slowly white. Look at Liv in the animated intro, she has the same thing

He just went and got his hair dyed like 2 hours after turning back into a zombie

Ravi subdued him at night and it was the next day when they were at the morgue. I felt it implied he'd been turned for quite a while.

Either way I'm pretending it's intentional that the main protagonist's love interest gets the Bride hair because it amuses me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    It seemed from Blaine that it's not a single switch. The same thing happened with his taste of food being off all day, then a traumatic event happened and he changed.

Liv in the opening is the next morning after being turned at night, and she has the stripe. Same with the rich woman Blaine slept with in S1

• Options
    I direct you to the last sentence of my previous post, sir.

Other things from last episode: Ravi/Major plan was soooo bad. So very very bad. Major, you have a freezer full of test candidates. Pick one of the asshole ones and use him.

Also wonder if Major is going to be successful in not going full Zombie mode on the FBI.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I direct you to the last sentence of my previous post, sir.

Other things from last episode: Ravi/Major plan was soooo bad. So very very bad. Major, you have a freezer full of test candidates. Pick one of the asshole ones and use him.

Also wonder if Major is going to be successful in not going full Zombie mode on the FBI.

Major wouldn't do that. Most of those zombies are people with families and friends and, other than being scratched and turned into a zombie, are good people that Major is trying to save. Using them as test subjects would be against his mortal code. Now, Max Rager guy, is an asshole who would let his own daughter die to save his skin. Yeah, if anyone could use a brain wipe or exploding brain or whatever this "cure"'s side effects are, then it's this asshole.

Not that it was a good plan, mind you.

• Options
    Holy hell, that's how you do a season final!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    gud finale but i wonder wat s3 plot is in the sense that they cud drop in more supernaturalism from comix or they just carry on with plain old zomberonies

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    holy fuck that finale

scheck, you have no idea how much I want that to happen, but I don't know how willing CW is to break from the tried-and-true police procedural

then again, Arrow and Flash, so... maybe?

jesus, I still can't get over that episode. The ending! holy shit

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    That was a hell of a finale, although I wish they wrapped up the stuff with Boss, Blaine, and THE CURE a bit more, or at least a little more gracefully. I'm guessing Fillmore Graves is going to pretty much be Umbrella Corps and do the obligatory weaponizing zombies thing.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I have to say, I love the way they handled the episode preview for the finale.
    Made it look like Major was going to go full on zombie meltdown in the prison, then you have the preview showing a lot of concrete and people in cop uniforms getting mobbed by zombies.
    Then, boom, Major's out of jail, got his murder merc brain on and it's a prison themed party in a parking garage where utopium and Max Rager kickstart a rage zombie swarm.
    Brilliant mislead there.

As for where they go from here, it's going to take some time for plans to come to fruition, and people are still going to get murdered in the meantime.
    Of course, since she and Ravi have the cure (with a few side effects), they might be zombie public enemies one and two for the up and coming zombie leadership. Figure that's for a b-plot for next season.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    That was a hell of a finale, although I wish they wrapped up the stuff with Boss, Blaine, and THE CURE a bit more, or at least a little more gracefully. I'm guessing Fillmore Graves is going to pretty much be Umbrella Corps and do the obligatory weaponizing zombies thing.

I'm pretty certain those are supposed to be continuing plots, I feel they got pretty good "season plot over, but we're not gone" moments.
    The Cure is still an unwanted fix, which they showed again in the finale with all the "Noooooo the Major we know will be gone forever"

Mr Boss got his "I run this city", but dealt a blow by losing Kenny and not murdering Blaine

Blaine didn't get murdered.

Overall, I think it was a pretty dang good finale

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Best part of the finale were all the Rob Thomas jokes.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Max Rager continues to hire the dumbest employees on Earth.

• Options
    I think they are done hiring people.

I'm sad we got rid of Rita, I really wanted to see how she deals with being a zombie, especially as an ally for Team Liv but being an enemy to Liv personally. Max Rager guy getting his just desserts was great through. I forgot it was two episodes for the finale. I was just about to switch to AoS when the next one started. I hope Blaine comes back, little by little because while I like mindwiped Blaine, it's going to get old after awhile.

And Rob Thomas was awesome. I miss Matchbox 20 so bad now.

• Options
    Did Aly Michalka's show fall through? Is Peyton likely to stay for next season?

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Holy crap. I should have guessed it would be gonzo given the season 1 finale, but holy crap!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i was super sad at what happened to rita because she wasnt really that evil... and she was a qt... rita-chai...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That was radical

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    New thread title

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell

Make it happen

iguanacus on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Balls to the wall....

Can't wait for S3.

Having read the first two trades of the Comic, the show is streets ahead.

That is all.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options

I'm pretty certain those are supposed to be continuing plots, I feel they got pretty good "season plot over, but we're not gone" moments.
    The Cure is still an unwanted fix, which they showed again in the finale with all the "Noooooo the Major we know will be gone forever"

Mr Boss got his "I run this city", but dealt a blow by losing Kenny and not murdering Blaine

So about the first one...
    Did anybody else get a strong "Old" Blaine vibe this episode? I don't know if this is just meant to show he's still a guy who will go to bad places if he thinks he needs to or a subtle hint his "memory loss" was an act.

• Options

So about the first one...
    Did anybody else get a strong "Old" Blaine vibe this episode? I don't know if this is just meant to show he's still a guy who will go to bad places if he thinks he needs to or a subtle hint his "memory loss" was an act.

Oh, definitely. It seemed to me, though,
    that it was a "he might have lost his memories, but he's still the same man underneath." Maybe he doesn't have memories of his dad fucking with him all his life and his learning "it's all for #1" attitude, but he's still willing to do whatever to get what he wants. In this case instead of money it's Peyton (or perhaps the trust of Team Liv)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Rob Thomas really likes capping his really good seasons with a horror pastiche, huh? VM's finale was basically one of those. Granted, this show fits better.

Really strong cap to a really strong season. And Ken Marino made his requisite appearance, and that's a gig that could become a returning one, which is exciting.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Speaking of Ken Marino, I wonder if we're supposed to assume that his deal with Peyton was completed off-camera or if that's going to be something that comes up next season

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I forgot how much of a secret weapon Vinnie Van Lowe was for Veronica Mars. Him playing the lawyer version of that guy needs to keep happening. If they can keep bringing back Daran Norris to play a weatherman!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I have to say, I love the way they handled the episode preview for the finale.
    Made it look like Major was going to go full on zombie meltdown in the prison, then you have the preview showing a lot of concrete and people in cop uniforms getting mobbed by zombies.
    Then, boom, Major's out of jail, got his murder merc brain on and it's a prison themed party in a parking garage where utopium and Max Rager kickstart a rage zombie swarm.
    Brilliant mislead there.

As for where they go from here, it's going to take some time for plans to come to fruition, and people are still going to get murdered in the meantime.
    Of course, since she and Ravi have the cure (with a few side effects), they might be zombie public enemies one and two for the up and coming zombie leadership. Figure that's for a b-plot for next season.
    I dunno. The cure existing, especially with the side effects, could be pretty good for the new world order.

Think about it. Someone gets infected accidentally, or you feel the need to remove someone from a leadership position without drawing unwanted attention?

Inject and reject. They're back on the streets with no idea what happened, no memory of your plans, and no ability to cause you trouble, all without making any inconvenient noise like a murder might.

Liv and Ravi are probably not going to get along well with the ZWO, but that's more the fact Ravi and Liv are, you know, not supervillains. The cure's more of a benefit for their continued survival than a drawback.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Damn what a finale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    i was super sad at what happened to rita because she wasnt really that evil... and she was a qt... rita-chai...

I didn't think she could become prettier when zombified.

I was wrong.

SO WRONG.

Notice me zombie Rita-senpai..

• Options

I didn't think she could become prettier when zombified.

I was wrong.

SO WRONG.

Notice me zombie Rita-senpai..

• Options
    She could eat my brain any day.

Wait...

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Title updated, just got caught up on the finale. Clive downest cop alive.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Title updated, just got caught up on the finale. Clive downest cop alive.
    He's the only living witness to the Max Rager massacre!

• Options
    So one thing I was not entirely clear on.

were the mercs already on team z? Or did they become team z and just roll with it?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

were the mercs already on team z? Or did they become team z and just roll with it?

I think it's a little intentionally unclear but:
    They (or at least their leader) knew about the Chaos killer thing which is tied to the Z problem in the board meeting. Just how much they knew was unclear but at least the general terms it would appear.

Though for team "Already a Zombie" it might explain why she refused to give Major a gun since nobody but Team Liv knew he was back on the zombie train.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

Yeah I was wondering this as well. From what we saw I'd say it could go either way.

• Options
    I assume they were already infected.

One thing I don't get about this show: The zombies can't detect other zombies, but they also don't have any craving for zombie brains. So how do zombies know they don't want Liv's brain if they can't tell that Liv is a zombie?

• Options
    I assume they were already infected.

One thing I don't get about this show: The zombies can't detect other zombies, but they also don't have any craving for zombie brains. So how do zombies know they don't want Liv's brain if they can't tell that Liv is a zombie?

Romeros can apparently tell if a brain is appetizing or not. Think of it as the ability to think and reason obscures the instinctual response.

• Options
    Yeah I'd just assume the primal sensory the romeros operate on an instinctual "is this a good brain" or not system. Same reason they don't attack each other.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

They were on team z the entire time. There was a subtle hint in the early part of the episode. None of the romeros show any interest in attacking her despite the fact that she was right next to them. I noticed it and though it was a continuity error at first. Felt really dumb when I was completely blind sided by the big reveal.

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »

They were on team z the entire time. There was a subtle hint in the early part of the episode. None of the romeros show any interest in attacking her despite the fact that she was right next to them. I noticed it and though it was a continuity error at first. Felt really dumb when I was completely blind sided by the big reveal.

That does make sense. It also explains why she seemingly brought a ton of fire power and had a team of killers standing by.

I'm still heart broken about Drake though, and the hot FBI agent, give me time, give me time.

pleasepaypreacher.net