Options

This is the old [STEAM] thread. Please buy the new thread mod for $4.99.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Repost for those of us who only find our jobs tolerable because we can log on to this forum and converse with one another about classiness and such.

The Rougelike is gearing up for our next mission, and I'm going to be planetside for this one. In order to curry some favor with our robot overlords and RNG goddesses, I am running a giveaway with some games I love. Open to Adventure Team members!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

All these games come with the LIU symbol of approval by the way. If you somehow haven't played Kotor or its sequel, they are both great. When you win Kotor 2 I will also try to dig up a link to the fan restoration mod which returns it to its potential glory.

Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game since Sonic and Knuckles.

And Jazzpunk is something you need to see to believe.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Been a while since I did a giveaway:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Don't forget, TF2 has an awesome co-op horde mode called Mann vs Machine where you fight waves of robot versions of the TF2 classes. It has special hats! And canteens!

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Oyvchmd.jpg

This may just be referring to a look back during their 25th anniversary celebrations, but...

It's funny, I thought Singularity was pretty good albeit rather flawed - and yet this made me squeal a little with glee. There were great ideas throughout the game, and firing the gun that lets you steer exploding bullets in midair never ever got old. Apparently calling the game's development troubled would be something of an understatement; if any game deserves a second shot, it's this one.

Of course this could be anything, but hell yes I'd be down for another trip to Katorga-12, improper use of backwards N's and all.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Don't you need to pay for Mann vs Machine though?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Don't you need to pay for Mann vs Machine though?

You can play for free, if you want to receive loot from it you need to have a ticket which costs money.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've ever even played TF2 for more than an hour. It's a game that really benefits from communication, and we know most pubs don't bother with mics.

It's a significant download though, so best get started on that well in advance.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever even played TF2 for more than an hour. It's a game that really benefits from communication, and we know most pubs don't bother with mics.

It's a significant download though, so best get started on that well in advance.

It's only 7 GB.

And if it's not clear, I've never played it. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Indie Gala Every Monday Bundle ( $1.89 during the next 24h):
    • Freedom Planet
    • Banzai Pecan The Last Hope For the Young Century
    • Sword of Asumi
    • Train of Afterlife
    • Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
    • Vanguard Princess
    • Vanguard Princess Hilda RizeDLC
    • Vanguard Princess LilithDLC

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    is Lara Croft local multiplayer co-op, or do my wife and I each need a copy?

I've already got mine...

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    is Lara Croft local multiplayer co-op, or do my wife and I each need a copy?

I've already got mine...

yea it supports Local Co-Op according to Steam page

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    New Witcher 3 details.

The headline feature is real-time beard growth. Geralt can visit barbers to keep it trimmed. Or, presumably, leave it and eventually join a ZZ Top tribute band.

My laptop's GPU comes in under the minimum spec (everything else is good) but I still deperately want to play this damn game. I'm still thinking, get it, set everything to low, whereupon it'll doubtless still look amazing, and drop the resolution to 900p or even 720p, and hope for the best...

I see CD Projekt RED has been playing Dwarf Fortress.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I should be able to make FNG this week if I don't get stuck at work.

Also, if anyone doesn't have it from a bundle already, here's a Vanguard Princess key:
    Loading...?

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They're...probably not making a Singularity 2. It's not called Skylanders or Call of Duty or Destiny, so...

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    How do you guys make those get code things anyhow?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    • Freedom Planet <--- HELL YES I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS
    • Sword of Asumi <--- ATTENTION @pixie
    • Train of Afterlife
    • Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION <--- THIS SHIT IS AWESOME
    • Vanguard Princess

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    How do you guys make those get code things anyhow?

(codes)(/codes)

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    EDIT: This fucking forum software...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    EupfhoriaEupfhoria Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    If you somehow haven't played Kotor or its sequel, they are both great. When you win Kotor 2 I will also try to dig up a link to the fan restoration mod which returns it to its potential glory

definitely play with the mod. The Knights games still stand as two of my personal favorite RPGs of all time

speaking of KOTOR 2, just on the off chance someone had the same issues as I did with save games not loading: it seems it had something to do with video settings. As far as I can tell it reverted back to default video settings after I did a Windows refresh, which for whatever reason made the game freeze when loading any of my saves. To get them to load, I had to change the video settings back to what they were at the time I created the save. Weird.

also, how can I get in on some TF2 action? I won't be talking much but I'd like to think that's never stopped me from being a solid team player in online games

Eupfhoria on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Kalnaur wrote: »

It's only 7 GB.

And if it's not clear, I've never played it. :wink:

When I see the size of TF2 now, it really is kind of amazing that The Orange Box on Xbox 360 managed to stuff Half-Life 2, HL2 Episode 1, HL2 Episode 2, Portal, and TF2 all onto one 7.5GB disc.

Gigabytes of hats on PC since. Surely the only explanation.

Jazz on
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    The download for TF2 is 6.8 GB but in upacks to about 14.4 GB.

Hats off to them for compressibility.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    There's a whole mess of modes and maps that have been added over time into TF2 since launch. But yeah all the added outfits, animations, and hats must add up after a while.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've played TF2 twice - once against bots and then once at FNG. I really enjoyed it, but I generally don't really do the online multiplayer thing that much, and I'm completely outgunned in something as established as TF2. I had a great time with it as FNG though - we had a pretty good sized group that night and the mode where you have to try to push a train cart down a track was pretty awesome.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Eupfhoria wrote: »
    also, how can I get in on some TF2 action? I won't be talking much but I'd like to think that's never stopped me from being a solid team player in online games

@Eupfhoria, just show up this Friday night at 9pm ET for some FNG. @anoffday has stepped up to be this week's ringleader, so I expect he'll have details closer to go time?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    • Train of Afterlife
    • Vanguard Princess

Well..... shit.

I de-wishlisted Sword of Asumi after @Stolls gave it a much-less-than-glowing review, but at that price I might have to grab it anyway.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    The download for TF2 is 6.8 GB but in upacks to about 14.4 GB.

Hats off to them for compressibility.

Having slow internet, I do love it when a game does that. Wasteland 2 was a 9GB download for 22GB game, IIRC. Makes all the difference in the world to me when a download is well-compressed.
    • Train of Afterlife
    • Vanguard Princess

Well..... shit.

I de-wishlisted Sword of Asumi after @Stolls gave it a much-less-than-glowing review, but at that price I might have to grab it anyway.

I bought the fucking thing yesterday, before its Steam sale ended, because it seemed too bonkers to pass up. Goddammit. :x

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    For those of you who played and loved classic Sonic 2D games and are not aware of what Freedom Planet is, go and check its trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjU8RFso8jI

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    • Train of Afterlife
    • Vanguard Princess

Well..... shit.

Honestly it's not terrible, just seemed pretty bland (which is quite the feat given all the murder that happens in the first 30 seconds) and with a few bugs/several typos that suggest no more than a cursory QA pass. For all I know it'll click with someone else more, so for $1.89 go for it - especially since it's part of a bundle.

Edit: I like how Geth only awesomed that after I mentioned the murder bits. And by like I mean someone hold me I'm scared now.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I assume you all just join a public server?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PimsyPimsy Registered User regular
    Just want to chime in and say that the Monday Indie Gala bundle is worth it for Freedom Planet alone. I believe Freedom Planet was originally supposed to be a fan made Sonic game but instead they went and changed it to an original ip but you can still see lots of the inspiration from Sonic. They overdid it with the cutscenes though but those are skippable so if you hate them it's ok. Also I really like the soundtrack. There's a demo on Steam if anyone is curious!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I've played TF2 twice - once against bots and then once at FNG. I really enjoyed it, but I generally don't really do the online multiplayer thing that much, and I'm completely outgunned in something as established as TF2. I had a great time with it as FNG though - we had a pretty good sized group that night and the mode where you have to try to push a train cart down a track was pretty awesome.

TF2 has a number of things designed to make it easier to pick up than other multiplayer shooters.

Some classes don't require aiming to do their primary jobs (Engineer, Medic) or require much less aiming (Pyro, Spy, Heavy).
    Only a tiny few weapons benefit from making headshots most of which are the Sniper's rifle or rifle replacements.
    Damage scales down with most weapons the further away you are from the target. Having good long range accuracy is better than not having it, but you generally benefit from fighting closer where aiming is easier.

Being aware of what's around you and being able to react to it is still big though. You may not need precision aiming but you do have to know to not be in the way when a giant headless horseless horseman spawns and starts swinging an axe around.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    You folks are terrible influences. I just bought that bundle for Freedom Planet.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What if I always thought Sonic was kinda poop?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oyvchmd.jpg

This may just be referring to a look back during their 25th anniversary celebrations, but...

Activision, please PLEASE let Raven make stuff besides CoD map packs and ports again. They were like the premeir B-teir FPS dev, and I miss those kinds of games.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    What if I always thought Sonic was kinda poop?
    Then you were always kinda wrong. Genesis Sonic is awesome.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sonic has never interested me.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    So, Toxikk looks fun. I miss good old arena type shooters.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    It would be nice if they ever released Heretic 2 on steam as well. One of those Raven Software games that never made it to steam.

And Soldier of Fortune. Star Trek: Elite Force would be nice as well.

And yeah they really should be allowed to make some proper games again.

Isorn on
  • Options
    So, Toxikk looks fun. I miss good old arena type shooters.

That looks really ace. Gonna have to keep an eye on that.

This discussion has been closed.