Options

This is the old [STEAM] thread. Please buy the new thread mod for $4.99.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Viking how is this still going?!?!

605adrle8jkz.jpg

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @SkutSkut got me with a code for Schein, thanks Fonz!

• Options
    zghpbvkl8f55.jpg

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh and just so everyone is aware, Shade is probably going to have a new console arriving in a few weeks from what I've been interpreting out of the Steam chat.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Is it Shade's birthday and I just missed it skimming posts? I'm just wondering how festive a mood I should be in.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh and just so everyone is aware, Shade is probably going to have a new console arriving in a few weeks from what I've been interpreting out of the Steam chat.

From what I can tell of the murmurings, it's a Sony console. Everyone send him PSN codes!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @anoffday WHY?

0ouz6q1iix0r.jpg

Shade on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    People who have played it, does Telltale's GoT follow the books or the show? I've just started the first book and am really enjoying it, but if it is going to be full of stuff I don't know from the show then I will pass for now.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Is it Shade's birthday and I just missed it skimming posts? I'm just wondering how festive a mood I should be in.

Can confirm: @Shade's birthday is today. Erryday is Shade's birthday. @Big Classy told me so.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @SkutSkut for Amerzone! I remember playing this one way back when it first came out (in 1999, as Google tells me). I enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to revisiting it! <3

• Options
  • Options

Can confirm: @Shade's birthday is today. Erryday is Shade's birthday. @Big Classy told me so.

Don't you mean . . . unbirthday?

f414p3a8crhj.gif

• Options
    @destroyah87 ...I can't keep this up....hurg.

6q8unvbq4bib.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    un68uayfhzg1.jpg

@Spoit misclicked and gifted me by mistake, I'm pretty sure of it. @Shade was certainly the intended target. Also... @Big Classy needs more games.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Man, the first two hours of Xenonauts are just fucking perfect. Everything feels just right, from the geoscape and base construction all the way down to loading down my rookie troops with spare clips and smoke grenades.

Of course, I just accidentally kicked off a ground mission in the dark not realizing night had fallen. So that's not likely to go well. But it will be a well-deserved drubbing, I'm sure.

<3

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    jclast wrote: »
    People who have played it, does Telltale's GoT follow the books or the show? I've just started the first book and am really enjoying it, but if it is going to be full of stuff I don't know from the show then I will pass for now.

It starts at the end of Season 3 of the show, and follows the shows arc more closely than the books. Telltale is actually partnered with HBO on the game, so I think it has to follow the show more than the books. I would hold out if you're not caught up on the four seasons of the show.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Good to know - thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    There's a 90s fighting game called Battle K Road which, unlike its hadoken-chucking contemporaries, prided itself on fairly realistic techniques and martial arts.
    This is the final boss.
    I love you Mr. Bear!
    0UnbPcp.gif

Is...is he tooting his own horn?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    There's a 90s fighting game called Battle K Road which, unlike its hadoken-chucking contemporaries, prided itself on fairly realistic techniques and martial arts.
    This is the final boss.
    I love you Mr. Bear!
    0UnbPcp.gif

Is...is he tooting his own horn?

Do you want to tell him to stop?

• Options
    @Kalnaur hit me with GRID 2.... I thought I was safe now... :(

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    And finally hit a puzzle in Talos Principle that knotted my brain and made me rage quit with an inferiority complex.

• Options
    Shade wrote: »

Day ain't over yet . . .

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Day ain't over yet . . .

We still have two and a half hours over here on the east coast!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »

Day ain't over yet . . .

We still have two and a half hours over here on the east coast!

He's on the west coast. His day doesn't end for another 5.5 hours. :biggrin:

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I could've sworn it was more than this. We haven't done enough.

49pdjh7wu1lq.jpg
    g0fxaklom1bi.jpg

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Wow, just noticed I hit 11 years on Steam 2 days ago. My backlog never seems to get any smaller after all this time.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I've beaten 39 of my 366 games so far, and I'm closing in on number 40. And I've been Steaming since July 2013, though I originally got an account in Dec 2012 to get a free copy of Metro 2033.

I've still yet to play past the intro. It was rather unforgiving.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    übergeek wrote: »
    Wow, just noticed I hit 11 years on Steam 2 days ago. My backlog never seems to get any smaller after all this time.

Hi5! I just checked and mine hit 11 years a few weeks ago. My backlog felt pretty big back then, but it was mainly PS2 and Gamecube games. All I had on Steam were the Half-Life games and their related properties like Team Fortress Classic & Counterstrike. Of course, that's all you could have at the time.

Now my Steam backlog is a monstrous thing.

SteevL on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

Huh weird.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Man, the first two hours of Xenonauts are just fucking perfect. Everything feels just right, from the geoscape and base construction all the way down to loading down my rookie troops with spare clips and smoke grenades.

Of course, I just accidentally kicked off a ground mission in the dark not realizing night had fallen. So that's not likely to go well. But it will be a well-deserved drubbing, I'm sure.

<3

Man, it only gets better. It takes a little while to get good at the Air Combat (I strongly recommend looking up youtube tutorials) but the ground combat is still electrifying and I'm in my 45th encounter. I'm not playing Ironman, but I only reload when something is "fairly bullshit", so I've lost some fairly high ranking men and women on my journey so far. It really, really highlights how awful rookies with low STR and TU are when you're dealing with terror missions. They're worth less than meat-shield civvies!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @akajaybay continues the relentless onlslaught against my free time!

t4bx8sf724iw.jpg

Shade on
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    CHOOSEABLE PATH OF SHAKESPEARE'S HAMLET?
    What the HEY?

There really is everything on steam isn't there?

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Made by the guys porting over the tablet-developed Final Fantasy games too. The price is a bit rich at the moment given how many great CYOA games are on Steam these days for a few bucks, but that puppy is straight on the wishlist

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    What the HEY?

Made by the Dinosaur comics guy!

Thanks again @AnteCantelope

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Has anyone played that zelda game that's on steam now? Oceanhorn whatever? Any good?
    Looks real pretty.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Ohey, it's been a while since I looked through a Steam thread of any kind, I wonder what they're doi-

200x200px-ZC-f464877a_1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif

... Jesus Harold Christ you people are kinda nuts

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    What the HEY?

It is so, so good. <3

SnGjwCT.jpg

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    According to this Japanese site Devil May Cry 4 SE is hitting PC, unlike the DmC Definitive Edition. http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8103838.html

Will be coming a week after consoles, on June 24. Playable Vergil, Lady, and Trish. Nothing else clear yet since that's all that's really been gleaned from Google translate.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Has anyone played that zelda game that's on steam now? Oceanhorn whatever? Any good?
    Looks real pretty.
    I was just looking at that one, Ori and Skylines and debating what my next purchase will be. They all look so great. It's hard to figure out what itch to scratch first.

As a side note, grabbed an indie bundle this weekend specifically to get Fist of Jesus. It's not a bad game, but wow does it feel like you are close up to the action. It's almost distracting how large the characters are on screen. Frustratingly, the game also gives little tutorial prompts like "Press the LB button to throw a fish if you haven't changed the controls" and yet those control prompts are never correct to the 360 pad and you just sort of have to hunt around to figure out what button actually works. In the end though beat em ups are one of my favorite genres and between that and Double Dragon I had a fun weekend.

Along with that Gauntlet is wonderful and I'm really enjoying it. It really feels like Gauntlet updated which is impressive. The only complaint I have is that I wish they had a few more of the traditional baddies early on (like Ghosts, Grunts, etc). Overall though, really great effort to capture the original.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    New Witcher 3 details.

The headline feature is real-time beard growth. Geralt can visit barbers to keep it trimmed. Or, presumably, leave it and eventually join a ZZ Top tribute band.

My laptop's GPU comes in under the minimum spec (everything else is good) but I still deperately want to play this damn game. I'm still thinking, get it, set everything to low, whereupon it'll doubtless still look amazing, and drop the resolution to 900p or even 720p, and hope for the best...

This discussion has been closed.