As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the weakness of western [chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    i should probably sleep more than 15 minutes right?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    21st move to DC and do the grunt HR work I am stuck with doing.

That way maybe I can actually do the job I was hired for.

Can you guarantee me a job and citizenship?

Unpaid internship and no.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Wow, so I just ordered some food through grub hub using the iPad app and then I started playing an endless runner where I was a burger, competing against other people who ordered food through grubhub today.

I was wondering why the app seemed bigger than it used to be wtf.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    21st move to DC and do the grunt HR work I am stuck with doing.

That way maybe I can actually do the job I was hired for.

Can you guarantee me a job and citizenship?

Unpaid internship and no.

LOL.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Oh, for fucks sake Arizona. Its like Texas and Arizona are in a competition for who can pass the most laws to literally ahit on non-white, non-male, and non-rich people.

(Arizona's new gov just signed into law a bill that prevents the federal exchange health care options from covering abortions for the ladies)

"The American people overwhelmingly oppose taxpayer funding of abortions, and it's no different in Arizona, where we have long-standing policy against subsidizing them with public dollars," Ducey said.

Sounds about right.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Guys don't offer to film yourself throwing yourself down some stairs if you have no intention of delivering.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    i should probably sleep more than 15 minutes right?

you sleep 15 minutes? Wow, are you really tired or just lazy?

5 minutes. that's the correct amount of time one should sleep for.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i feel like my posting has been particularly on point today

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Guys don't offer to film yourself throwing yourself down some stairs if you have no intention of delivering.

What about if I offer to film someone being pushed down stairs?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Choking Victim - 500 Channels

Rob Ford 3 months ago
    When you're listening to this while smoking crack, it becomes more than just a song, its an experience.

youtube is the best

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    There were multiple steaks. Most were prepared and consumed but this one was "extra" as if such a thing can be possible.

there's no such thing as leftover crack

there is

a crappy punk band from the early 00s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzPR8t3znYo

whoa whoa crappy punk band

okay maybe crappy is a little harsh

they just never dd anything for me, as i had already heard a million bands do the same thing over the previous 10 years or so

*pushes up stupid looking glasses*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    "I think once the facts are established people aren't going to see [the Indiana religious freedom law] as discriminatory at all," said Jeb Bush, a former Florida governor

THEY PASSED A LAW. WE READ THE TEXT OF IT. WHAT FACTS STILL NEED TO COME OUT?!

At least try with the weasel word bullshit.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Jeb Bush has a greater than 10% chance of being President in two years. Let that sink in.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    i feel like my posting has been particularly on point today
    Cinders wrote: »
    wait france doesn't have factory farming?

god i want to live there more than i already do

Deutschland ist besser

i'm not opposed to their either, but i know france would be my jam

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Wow, so I just ordered some food through grub hub using the iPad app and then I started playing an endless runner where I was a burger, competing against other people who ordered food through grubhub today.

I was wondering why the app seemed bigger than it used to be wtf.

the future, ladies and gents

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yes but syndalis have you played the grub hub browser app where you shoot tater tots into a basketball hoop for discount coupons

poo
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    "I think once the facts are established people aren't going to see [the Indiana religious freedom law] as discriminatory at all," said Jeb Bush, a former Florida governor

Obviously the law isn't discriminatory.

It just enables discrimination.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

The weasel with this law is strong.
    Bush’s Florida rival, Sen. Marco Rubio, was equally straightforward about the bill’s intent. “Nobody is saying that it should be legal to deny someone service at a restaurant or at a hotel because of their sexual orientation. I think that’s a consensus view in America,” Rubio told Fox on Monday. “The flip side is, should a photographer be punished for refusing to do a wedding that their faith teaches them is not one that is valid in the eyes of God?”

Nobody's saying it should be legal, just that it now is!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Jeb Bush has a greater than 10% chance of being President in two years. Let that sink in.

Still better than Cruz.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

establishing facts means establishing fiction as fact

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Addressing the controversy surrounding his state’s recently signed Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Indiana governor Mike Pence forcefully insisted to reporters Monday that the new law has nothing at all to do with what it was explicitly intended to do. “Let me state directly that in no way is this law designed to allow the kind of anti-gay discrimination that is the law’s single reason for existing,” said Pence, emphasizing that provisions authorizing businesses to refuse service to gay customers were nothing more than the only explanation for the law being drafted in the first place. “Regardless of the widespread misconceptions surrounding it, I want to reassure Hoosiers of all backgrounds that this law will never be interpreted in the way it was unambiguously designed to be from the very beginning.” Pence further clarified that the act’s sole purpose was in fact to safeguard the free exercise of religion it was in no way whatsoever created to protect.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    It is so bizarre to see them trying to weasel out of this Indiana thing so hard. Like, they accomplished their goal. This is what they get elected to do, and they did it, and now they're trying to act like they didn't do it.

0QF9G7I.jpg

http://www.glaad.org/cap/curt-smith
    http://www.glaad.org/cap/micah-clark
    http://www.glaad.org/cap/eric-miller

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    yes but syndalis have you played the grub hub browser app where you shoot tater tots into a basketball hoop for discount coupons

Noooo... But now, I want to.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

Still better than Cruz.

Cruz is either delusional or running for the lol's/money because there is no mathematical possibility that he could be elected president.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    if Ted Cruz is elected President I am moving

and this isn't a political thing. he's just the ugliest person I've ever seen and I won't accept it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I said it yesterday, but Indiana's politicians severely misjudged where the country is today regarding LBGT rights. It's not just libby liberals that support it, but CEO's of major international corporations.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    DoctorArch wrote: »

The weasel with this law is strong.
    Bush’s Florida rival, Sen. Marco Rubio, was equally straightforward about the bill’s intent. “Nobody is saying that it should be legal to deny someone service at a restaurant or at a hotel because of their sexual orientation. I think that’s a consensus view in America,” Rubio told Fox on Monday. “The flip side is, should a photographer be punished for refusing to do a wedding that their faith teaches them is not one that is valid in the eyes of God?”

Nobody's saying it should be legal, just that it now is!
    Breathtaking, rhetorically speaking. Make a minor alteration to your hypothetical to disguise how nonsensical it is. And people are going to lap it up.
    “Nobody is saying that it should be legal to deny someone service at a restaurant or at a hotel because of their sexual orientation. I think that’s a consensus view in America,” Rubio told Fox on Monday. “The flip side is, should someone be punished for denying someone service at a restaurant or at a hotel because of their sexual orientation?”

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    FIL excitedly announced to us that Ted Cruz was running for Pres when we were together on vacation

wife was like, "isn't he the batshit crazy one?"

it was all I could do to hold back derisive laughter as FIL sputtered in indignant disbelief that his own daughter would say such a thing about his political hero

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

What about if I offer to film someone being pushed down stairs?
    Try not to get your ass kicked pushing someone down the stairs.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    It is so bizarre to see them trying to weasel out of this Indiana thing so hard. Like, they accomplished their goal. This is what they get elected to do, and they did it, and now they're trying to act like they didn't do it.

0QF9G7I.jpg

http://www.glaad.org/cap/curt-smith
    http://www.glaad.org/cap/micah-clark
    http://www.glaad.org/cap/eric-miller

It's because they want to do it but not suffer the consequences for it.

Personally I'm enjoying the growing rift between conservatives who make money off of the exchange of actual goods and services and the conservatives who earn their wealth from regurgitating hateful nonsense into each others open mouths and wouldn't know an actual business if they tripped over one.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Still better than Cruz.

Cruz is either delusional or running for the lol's/money because there is no mathematical possibility that he could be elected president.

He's getting his name out there. A publicity stunt. He won't be a serious contender for 2016 but he won't be forgotten when 2024 comes around, either.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

and this isn't a political thing. he's just the ugliest person I've ever seen and I won't accept it.

we could live together

like in a sitcom

where a pleasant american man lives with a monster

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

we could live together

like in a sitcom

where a pleasant american man lives with a monster

Which one is the monster?

*canned sitcom laughter*

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Still better than Cruz.

He's getting his name out there. A publicity stunt. He won't be a serious contender for 2016 but he won't be forgotten when 2024 comes around, either.

Cruz is banking on building up a war chest / selling a book / FOX correspondent gig / etc.

He was only known by people who knew how the sausage was made. Now he will be known by a much wider audience, especially if he claws into a prominent seat during the primary debates.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Still better than Cruz.

Neither will this

rg7DQKytiAWqEdUp41iZKXa_Ll0S7_xNhMKeGzmvrOB2Rx812AD7hmitmUBH-EmP7pBGdglmlFBT4NFqucgMIFsFsL3_EYHXZLGw27ZCqeiDoExldDGIkSi1LKctVmByID-TyTk

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Still better than Cruz.

Oh, he'll be remembered.
    "isn't he the batshit crazy one?"

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Still better than Cruz.

Still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell. The electoral map for president crazily favors a democratic president, and it gets more so every election. The country would need a substantial rightward shift to even make it competitive.

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I mean, I'm still gonna remember Herman Cain in 2024. Mostly cuz he did that Pokemon speech.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So these people with deeply held religious beliefs will also decline to do business with anyone breaking other aspects of Levitical law?

This discussion has been closed.