Options

the weakness of western [chat]

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    I found a steak in the fridge that I forgot was in there marinating. It is probably 10 days old? Maybe a full two weeks? I pan fried it up real good and now I am eating it for lunch and it is delicious, but I wonder if this is a bad idea. Not that I'm going to stop eating it even if it is.

You're lucky it was the right marinade, or it would have just been sludge. Glad it turned out well, though.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hmm, I want to try steak tartare.

But a lifetime of not eating raw meat makes me nervous.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

It can be super tasty.

And in France you are way safer than the US for the meat quality and lack of factory farming.

Hell there are places in Tokyo you can eat chicken raw and not get sick because of the conditions they were raised in and such.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Good steak from a fine establishment can be eaten that way.

People who buy the plastic wrapped steak at their local Piggly Wiggly for tartare confound me, to be honest.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

it wouldn't be a thing if it killed everyone

but then again... russians...

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

It can be super tasty.

And in France you are way safer than the US for the meat quality and lack of factory farming.

Hell there are places in Tokyo you can eat chicken raw and not get sick because of the conditions they were raised in and such.
    Why would you?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    hah there's a hostel quest in POE
    the lady was like look I just murder people for someone else, supply and demand

and I'm like, fair enough I get it, so who put you up to it?

and she told me and was like "okay im going to leave now"

so then I killed her for her loot and then turned her and her patron into the fuzz

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Oh man, that "friendzone" thread in H/A.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I found a steak in the fridge that I forgot was in there marinating. It is probably 10 days old? Maybe a full two weeks? I pan fried it up real good and now I am eating it for lunch and it is delicious, but I wonder if this is a bad idea. Not that I'm going to stop eating it even if it is.

You're lucky it was the right marinade, or it would have just been sludge. Glad it turned out well, though.

What would have turned it into sludge?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Why don't I have a pan-fried steak for lunch every day?

i had this jamaican jerk chicken roti and plantains and it was delicious but now i am dead

poo
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Lol

That Dell XPS13

1000 bucks and not even a video card?

Fucking get real

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

oh god now i have to go look

• Options

it wouldn't be a thing if it killed everyone

but then again... russians...

French food actually

Named for the sauce.

• Options

Marinades break the meat down. That is why it gets more tender and such most times.

Marinade too long and the meat breaks down to something gross.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Lol

That Dell XPS13

Fucking get real

I paid $1000 2 years ago for a lenovo yoga i5, and it folds and has a touchscreen and is smaller than that dell

I would think that that price would get you something better today

• Options
    Lol

That Dell XPS13

Fucking get real

I paid $1000 2 years ago for a lenovo yoga i5, and it folds and has a touchscreen and is smaller than that dell

Also something without pre-installed spyware!

• Options
    Ba-dum kish!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

It can be super tasty.

Alright.

That sounds good

About time to go get dindin too

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular

oh god now i have to go look
    No way that dude wasn't a troll.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh nooooo...

Tribute Games is not actually close to a Metro Station.

Dangit.

This means it's gonna be somewhat long to get there due to having to use 3 different means of public transportation.

OH WELL. Still would be cool to work there.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    wait france doesn't have factory farming?

god i want to live there more than i already do

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Apparently Billy Cranston's name in Power Rangers was an homage to Bryan Cranston, AKA The dad in Breaking Bad in the Middle.

Didn't Power Rangers come out before Malcolm in the Middle?

Also, Bryan Cranston apparently voiced one of the monsters.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Nobody will believe you're an Irish Jew, they ate all of them in the famine

I thought st patrick drove them all out

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Marinades break the meat down. That is why it gets more tender and such most times.

The suggestion was that I was fortunate to have used the "right" marinade to not result in sludge after ten days, which makes me curious as to what type of marinade would have resulted in sludge. To make this conversation even more difficult, I do not remember in the slightest what type of marinade was on this non-sludge steak.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    There were multiple steaks. Most were prepared and consumed but this one was "extra" as if such a thing can be possible.

there's no such thing as leftover crack

there is

a crappy punk band from the early 00s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzPR8t3znYo

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Lol

That Dell XPS13

Fucking get real

Also something without pre-installed spyware!

Going to format the thing regardless or at least run decrapifier, every manufacturer has dumb shit some worse than others admittedly)

As long as it's fit components in a chassis and an OS key for the best price

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Oh, for fucks sake Arizona. Its like Texas and Arizona are in a competition for who can pass the most laws to literally ahit on non-white, non-male, and non-rich people.

(Arizona's new gov just signed into law a bill that prevents the federal exchange health care options from covering abortions for the ladies)

• Options
    21st move to DC and do the grunt HR work I am stuck with doing.

That way maybe I can actually do the job I was hired for.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Oh, for fucks sake Arizona. Its like Texas and Arizona are in a competition for who can pass the most laws to literally ahit on non-white, non-male, and non-rich people.

(Arizona's new gov just signed into law a bill that prevents the federal exchange health care options from covering abortions for the ladies)

Doesn't it already do that?

• Options

Deutschland ist besser

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    21st move to DC and do the grunt HR work I am stuck with doing.

That way maybe I can actually do the job I was hired for.

Can you guarantee me a job and citizenship?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

The suggestion was that I was fortunate to have used the "right" marinade to not result in sludge after ten days, which makes me curious as to what type of marinade would have resulted in sludge. To make this conversation even more difficult, I do not remember in the slightest what type of marinade was on this non-sludge steak.

depends on acidity yo

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Apparently Billy Cranston's name in Power Rangers was an homage to Bryan Cranston, AKA The dad in Breaking Bad in the Middle.

Didn't Power Rangers come out before Malcolm in the Middle?

Also, Bryan Cranston apparently voiced one of the monsters.

Pretty much, yeah, this was waaaay before Bryan Cranston was well-known.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Deutschland ist besser

i'm not opposed to their either, but i know france would be my jam

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    There were multiple steaks. Most were prepared and consumed but this one was "extra" as if such a thing can be possible.

there is

they're great for what they do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZKJwdJRbCo

• Options

Deutschland ist besser

i'm not opposed to their either, but i know france would be my jam

Honhonhon, le vanguarde. honhonhon

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

there is

whoa whoa crappy punk band

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.