Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    I also would like to say off hand, that this shit just got real.

I am officially in Phalla Santas. So if you want the privilege of getting a gift from the one and only God-Emperor himself, then perhaps you should get in on this.

You know, since we live in the same area, I should give you the gift of the white jacket with some friends. I bet that everyone else might be able to see this as a consolation prize to them as well!*

*I'm totally kidding. Totally.

Lies. All lies. It would be hilarious if I got Ardor. I would just probably go give it to him personally or put it on his doorstep, ring the bell and run away.

All while video taping it, with my gleeful giggles. Then I would shoot him with an airsoft gun.

precisionk on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Any phalla players that live near Dallas?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've been newly inspired, so I'm thinking of finalizing what I had in mind for ++(heaven help me), though I'd really like to know beforehand if anyone else was waiting.

I won't even consider putting up a signup there until I'm sure it's okay with the mods.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It was be really funny if I got Buzz Buzz, Blarney, or B:L.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Are they all locals or something?

And I'm pretty sure I know exactly what to get mine regardless, unless it's someone requiring a special gift. ;-)

Anyway, I sent Bogey yet another PM. If he doesn't write back, I won't go through with the signups, but I'm going to start putting together some data tonight.

If he does, I'll likely start a signup this weekend.

As for the theme, well... think parlay.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure that we're all locals.

Buzz Buzz used to live like 3 doors down from me.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Not anymore. I ran away. I'm a Bruin now. Not one of them lousy Anteaters. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Same goes for me and Squashua as an afterthought; I can basically walk a gift over if I wind up with him.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Not anymore. I ran away. I'm a Bruin now. Not one of them lousy Anteaters. :P

*shakes fist*

Hmm, now that you mention it, maybe I should sign on for Secret Santa: Phalla Edition.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    So, just a few questions.

1) Is there some process to follow when one considers running a game in SE++? I contacted Bogey a day ago and figured he's figuring it out or hashing it out with the other mods about running games in there, thread limits on posts, etc.

2) MrBlarney and I have considered running Phalla Royale in SE++ with some updated mechanics, but would need a third person to help out. Now, we talked about it and if we can both find the time we may run it, but in the event we do, we'd need someone else to help out. Would anyone be interested if we decide to run this?

Right now, we're just looking for info on running a game in SE++ before we decide anything. We'd choose that forum because we don't know when time will be available for us to run it and we wouldn't be able to easily manuever when our turn might come up again on the D&D or ODaM list. Hopefully everything works out and we can find time to run this again since it was fun to GM it.

I would like to try helping out behind the scenes. It would be fun to not be able to die on the first days of a Phalla. :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Same goes for me and Squashua as an afterthought; I can basically walk a gift over if I wind up with him.

Yeah, that was funny. "You work where? Oh, I was there yesterday".

- - -

I have a number of strange less than six-degrees.

- - -

My mom was looking at buying a house in Florida; she started chatting with a complete stranger at the open house. Turns out that after my grandfather died years ago, my mother sold his house in New York (which she grew up in) to this woman's father, and she grew up there.

- - -

My wife's former boss, with whom we became good friends, used to personally know my grandfather years ago; worked with him. And we had known each other for years and hung out all the time before this topic came up.

- - -

My former boss here used to live up in Chicago; we found out that he used to live across the street from my grandmother-in-law, and would shovel her driveway when she got snowed in. From her perspective they were "that Spanish family across the street".

- - -

I went to High School West in New York. The guy who moved into the place next door here in Florida to went to High School East; we both graduated the same year, right before the schools merged into High School Central.

- - -

I made friends with someone from the comic store, and now he's my best friend. One day went to pick him up, and found out he lives across the apartment hallway from my wife's best friend, no relation.

- - -

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So, according to CT, ++ Phallas are entirely up to Bogey's discretion, so it's up to him whatever goes down there next, if anything.

And I haven't heard from him yet, so I guess it's an indefinite hiatus.

I'm ready to begin a signup whenever I get an okay from Bogey.

I spent an hour or so nailing down the roles and basic mechanics. The rest I can iron out during the signup process.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bogey is notorious for not responding to PMs, it's nothing personal.

Also that ostensible list of upcoming SE phallas is probably a myth.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So... how do I get in touch with him? Because I have to get his okay before starting a sign-up, evidently.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sorry, I've no idea.

AIM?

Otherwise, you might be in a bind. Because actually posting the request in a thread would be a bad idea in SE.

We could see if he ego searches,

Bogey bogey bogey bogey bogey bogstrom bergy bergy bogstrom bogey bogey bogey

EDIT: Keep in mind though I have a history of not knowing what I'm talking about and being just generally wrong.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    He doesn't have AIM, so I'll just keep an eye out for him(either via MSN or otherwise).

I had planned on starting signups today, but tomorrow's good too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If he doesn't get back to you, as he hadn't responded to my pm yet from last week, I'm assuming he's either not interested in having them or he's probably trying to figure something out with the other mods. I might suggest you try contacting all the mods in SE on a pm and ask about running a phalla game in there, see what they say. One of them is likely to at least respond to give you some information.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I did just that.

Orikae said he has nothing to do with it, and to try contacting Bogey.

Cardboard Tube said Bogey handles SE Phallas.

So, it's strictly up to him.

I honestly think he just hasn't been reading his PMs.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is anyone planning on running a mini-phalla after MrBlarney's/during the next big game? If not I have a game I'd like to run. But it can wait if someone has mechanics they want to test out or whatever.

Also, if anyone has any experimental mechanics they'd like to test but aren't going to run a mini-phalla, let me know and maybe I can throw it into this game or another one that I'm cooking up.

Locus on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Locus, let's talk.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    Both of the mini phallas im working on involve strange/new mechanics, however they all build off eachother, so I don't know if they could be incorporated into another game.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So, I'm done.

Infidel, you're next.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Woo! I thought of a theme for my phalla:

The Call of Phalthulu

Rend on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rend wrote: »

The Call of Phalthulu
    There has been a fairly epic C'thulhu phalla in D&D before, but I can't seem to find it in the archive. I'm all up for some tentacle-rape. :^:

Aldo on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

The Call of Phalthulu
    There has been a fairly epic C'thulhu phalla in D&D before, but I can't seem to find it in the archive. I'm all up for some tentacle-rape. :^:

Nothing says I can't redo the mechanics though, neh? Put my own spin on it

Rend on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You have already put your own twist to the spelling of C'thulhu... :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man

as much as I hate Anime, Death Note was actually enjoyable.

I'm totally looking forward to that phalla.

Obbi on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No problem with that. It was New Ham in D&D that Aldo was talking about.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    You have already put your own twist to the spelling of C'thulhu... :P

I'd have preferred the Phall of Co'kthulhu, meself.

And having missed the original one (Cult of Hastur, right?) I'd get in on a new one.

Squashua on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    Newham is apparently folklore now, the link in the archives is broken.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Right. It was from before my time. (Joined in on the phalla'ing about half a year ago)

Aldo on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I feel like doing an anime phalla now too. Maybe do fullmetal alchemist where the bad guys are the 7 deadly sins each with a special power. Good guy specials would be the alchemists. Neutral would probably be scar face dude while villagers would be towns people.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    An entire day without a new signup thread? I fear revolt.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    An entire day without a new signup thread? I fear revolt.
    I've got torches, you get some pitchforks.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I always hear people talking about SS13, and it makes me wish I had been phallaing then.

I think I just hit 3 months.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zot wrote: »
    I always hear people talking about SS13, and it makes me wish I had been phallaing then.

SS13 was only a few month ago, though.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Zot wrote: »

SS13 was only a few month ago, though.

I started playing two weeks after it happened :(.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey, you guys can drop me from the list.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    should drop Infidel from the list

a whole day without a signup page? Unforgivable.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Might aswell change mine from Evil Dead to Fullmetal Alchemist, FMA will be easier to do and will be a traditional good guys against bad guy group. Nothing too different like a big map and trying to find stuff etc etc

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
This discussion has been closed.