As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is...

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    And then chuck grenades at her house

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I thought love WAS the battlefield

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Just remember when it comes time for it, never take your pants off. That's how a Big Boss does it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Love is that corpse-strewn battlefield filled the cries of the dying and dammed that would take place in a rolling green vista with wildflowers and bird song

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Man a nighttime museum exhibit thing sounds completely awesome. I should see if my local museum does those ever (probably.) Congrats, JMan! You're only a couple months away from posting dorky photos in this thread like the rest of us!

Months? Fuck that shit. Here is the photo of me and my Girlfriend at the museum.
    k2ms23s7y36f.jpg

And yes last night we decided that we are Boyfriend and Girlfriend. Also tried watching Daredevil again.... Still have not seen Daredevil.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I shoot myself repeatly here
    maybe stop doing that

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    I try and fail
    Really how hard is it to ask me about my job and then berate me over it

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That photo is too cute - bloody love a good dinosaur!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Dinosaurs rule.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Anyone who would shit on you to your face about whatever you do is someone you wouldn't want to date anyway.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Brainleach what do you even do for your job? Kick puppies or something?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    The Hell known to men
    I complain about it a lot in the job thread as it's even bad for a typical job from there

I ended up here and I needed a job I did not know I would be still working it years later

• Options
    What is the hell known to men

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    a universal migraine.
    I'm kinda seeing someone new. she's super awesome.

but my ex is her boss.

so it's like drama drama drama drama. it would be great if adults could act like adults.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    a many splendored thing.
    JMan711 wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Man a nighttime museum exhibit thing sounds completely awesome. I should see if my local museum does those ever (probably.) Congrats, JMan! You're only a couple months away from posting dorky photos in this thread like the rest of us!

Months? Fuck that shit. Here is the photo of me and my Girlfriend at the museum.
    k2ms23s7y36f.jpg

And yes last night we decided that we are Boyfriend and Girlfriend. Also tried watching Daredevil again.... Still have not seen Daredevil.

I don't think I could be that composed for a picture in front of those dinosaurs. I would just be all, WOOOO DINOSAUR FIGHT!

You two look great together, though!

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    What is the hell known to men
    WhAt Lion MeAt Roared The ant?

• Options
    Brainleech maybe lay of the weed

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Alrighty then. Walmart. You can just say Walmart. It may be a shit job but it pays you money. Anybody who shits on you for holding down a job they think is beneath them and for playing video games is probably not somebody you really want to waste your time on.

Also being all cryptic and ashamed of what you do and self depreciating probably doesn't send the best signals

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    And yes last night we decided that we are Boyfriend and Girlfriend

I love this moment. It's so goofy and teenaged and awesome.

The morning after our first date, my wife said "TOO BAD, I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND NOW" and I couldn't stop grinning

• Options
    Yeah I'm well past teenager but am totally having that moment now with "is this a thing??? Am I getting all worked up and heart-pounding over nothing.?"

• Options
    Who gives a shit where to work if it works for you

People around here give me shit for working as a cashier in a grocery store all the time (despite me being in college)

Then i=I get to laugh when they got scheduled 30 hours on finals week and I was free to ask 3 weeks off

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    The only reason I am being cryptic about it is they got really almost 40k inquisitor status over their online policy
    I just starting calling it the hell known to men because I am basically doing the job of 2+ people by myself
    I may dislike my job but it does pay the bills

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    The only reason I am being cryptic about it is they got really almost 40k inquisitor status over their online policy
    I just starting calling it the hell known to men because I am basically doing the job of 2+ people by myself
    I may dislike my job but it does pay the bills
    while i'm not a dating site expert or anything i think "it's a living" comes off better than "i labor in a plane of eternal torment", tone-wise

text isn't a great medium for delivering that kind of joke to someone you've never met before

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Text is hard to discern sarcasm from
    I don't say where I am working other than attempting to punch a bird and being bored out of my mind on What am I usually doing on a Friday night

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    a many splendored thing.
    Why are you punching birds
    What did that bird ever do to you

• Options
    Like I said earlier how can you talk about the rather fruitless task of trying to get out of the current situation I deal with without really saying it?
    I know Attempting to punch a bird!

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    not enough.
    Like I said earlier how can you talk about the rather fruitless task of trying to get out of the current situation I deal with without really saying it?

We gotta get you out of that fucking town, man.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    "I work for a major superstore chain. Job sucks but hey, whaddya gonna do"

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I thought id be clever and ask metal gear girl of she plays any online games because then hey playin a video game online is a pretty caszh way to progress from semi daily messages on a dating site

But she mostly just plays single player games

Which is both another thing we have in common and something that ruins my clever idea!!!!!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    not enough.
    So, my partner while I love her dearly, is a different sort of nerd than me. As in, we have never found a game we actually both liked. She loves bananagrams and I rage at the english language and being rushed, and I love netrunner or worker placement games or frankly anything that has some "clever" system, while she despises learning cardpools and finds the worker placement stuff actively unpleasant. So the other day I had picked up a friends dominion set, and when she asked what I wanted to do I said, "Play the new game I bought." mostly as a joke frankly, we have learned to just give up on the games angle. But she said she would give it a shot! And then nearly burned ME out on it just wanting to play "one more round!" Super happy in terms of her being a sport, it working, and it maybe being a gateway drug to more games. Now to have some friends round to play avalon...

If you guys like Dominion and also happen to be into Marvel comics, I would highly recommend Legendary. The expansions are 100% optional, pick one or two up if you happen to like the characters in them (there's a big expansion, Dark City, that has Punisher and Iron Fist and Ghost Rider and a bunch of the Marvel Knights and X-Factor guys, Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four and Paint the Town Red [Maximum Carnage]). The rules of the game are pretty close to Dominion in that it's a deck-building game but you can punch out Galactus as Spiderman!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    [...] achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.
    I thought id be clever and ask metal gear girl of she plays any online games because then hey playin a video game online is a pretty caszh way to progress from semi daily messages on a dating site

Which is both another thing we have in common and something that ruins my clever idea!!!!!

What was that multiplayer MGS?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Co-Op with an internet component. Like say... Borderlands. Or Saints' Row.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Do not shoot her in the heart with a Nikita Missile though

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    not enough.
    Give me love and affection immediately. Also, demand nothing of me in return. Deal?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    GTA online is good for that too IMHO

It is fun to roll around with the homies

• Options

I... Really think you might be approaching this the wrong way of you want to attract a human being

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Speed just tell her about your status re: being a Big Boss

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

fuckin

welcome to the post GFC economy, bud

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    One of my friends on Facebook who is in his thirties said he went out to eat by himself last night "in the hopes of finding a woman"

I don't even know how to start to tell him how wrong everything he just said is

Does he know about about OkCupid? Because the odds of that happening are a jillion to one.

And it's weird when it does happen; you feel like a piece of meat. I was at a Mexican restaurant last fall and got invited to eat with two saleswomen. I was dating someone at the time (still am!) so I didn't "hook up" with them, but everyone in the restaurant stared at me like I was an Italian gigolo as I ate with them. Weird feeling.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    a many splendored thing.
    #pipe wrote: »
    And yes last night we decided that we are Boyfriend and Girlfriend

I love this moment. It's so goofy and teenaged and awesome.

The morning after our first date, my wife said "TOO BAD, I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND NOW" and I couldn't stop grinning

I awkwardly met her family on her birthday and they had no prior briefing as to my presence and by the time I awkwardly shuffled out I sent her a text all "Well now that I met your family maybe we should be officially boyfriend and girlfriend haha"

and her family was still around and apparently she got that text and then immediately told them I was her boyfriend.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.