Options

[Daredevil] is a Man Without A Tv Show

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    To be fair to the movie, it came out in 2003. By the time they started filming it, a bunch of the best Daredevil stuff hadn't been written yet.

The Miller run had been.

The run as a whole has its flaws, but Born Again is still one of the best Daredevil stories ever.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I had wanted to see Elektra, but never got around to it.

I too kind of liked the original Daredevil movie. It's by no means good, but there are aspects/parts to it I enjoy.

My breaking point is the CGI. The bit with him leaping up the giant organ is just so bad.

That's obviously not the only failure or sticking point, but it's my personal "oh god, this shit again" moment.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    To be fair to the movie, it came out in 2003. By the time they started filming it, a bunch of the best Daredevil stuff hadn't been written yet.

The Miller run had been.

The run as a whole has its flaws, but Born Again is still one of the best Daredevil stories ever.

Honestly, my opinion of the Miller Daredevil stuff has really taken a hit lately. I went back to it after finishing what I could on Unlimited, and it just didn't stand up for me.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

The Miller run had been.

Honestly, my opinion of the Miller Daredevil stuff has really taken a hit lately. I went back to it after finishing what I could on Unlimited, and it just didn't stand up for me.

The stuff from the Miller run that holds up the best is the stuff with Kingpin and, to a lesser extent, Bullseye. Elektra and the Hand, less so. And then there's that creepy period where maybe Matt drove his girlfriend to suicide?

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Big bad speculation

Season 3
    Kingpin via the Born Again story line - except this time he goes after Matt for being the lawyer who put him away in season 1 rather than Daredevil.

Season 4
    Elektra a.k.a Black Sky reborn. I'd like to get a female big bad finally, and they set her up perfectly for it.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Big bad speculation

Season 3
    Kingpin via the Born Again story line - except this time he goes after Matt for being the lawyer who put him away in season 1 rather than Daredevil.

Season 4
    Elektra a.k.a Black Sky reborn. I'd like to get a female big bad finally, and they set her up perfectly for it.
    Kingpin will know that Murdoch is Daredevil the next time we see him. He pretty much figured it out after Matt punched him in prison.

I suspect next season will intertwine the Kingpin story and more Hand stuff. I don't know if Elektra will show up. A lot is going to depend on whether the Defenders movie is about tying up the Hand plot, or if that's Daredevil only.

There's also the corporate conspiracy with the same company involved in Matt, Jessica, and possibly Luke getting their powers.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Big bad speculation

Season 3

Season 4
    Kingpin will know that Murdoch is Daredevil the next time we see him. He pretty much figured it out after Matt punched him in prison.

I suspect next season will intertwine the Kingpin story and more Hand stuff. I don't know if Elektra will show up. A lot is going to depend on whether the Defenders movie is about tying up the Hand plot, or if that's Daredevil only.

There's also the corporate conspiracy with the same company involved in Matt, Jessica, and possibly Luke getting their powers.
    I imagine that if it's not tied up in Luke's series or left for the 2nd season of JJ, the corporate conspiracy will be the focus of Defenders.

I wonder how much set up it would take to do the Devil in cell-block D storyline? That would be a hell of a thing to end a season on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Daredevil Renewed for Season 3 by Netflix
    Hell's Kitchen, you're still safe.

Daredevil has officially been renewed for a third season by Netflix, Marvel's head of TV Jeph Loeb announced unexpectedly during Luke Cage's Comic-Con panel on Thursday.

Soon after the news was announced live on stage, the show' official Twitter account also posted about the good news. "Next stop: Hell's Kitchen. Daredevil Season 3 is coming soon," they captioned a photo of a subway station.

Season three of Daredevil, which stars Charlie Cox as the titular character, is expected to premiere in 2017.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Hooray! Wonder if this is going to push anything back, but hooray!

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Maybe it will be after the Defenders series.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Shiiiet, how did I miss this?

Iron Fist teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rImwztHeLDA

Defenders teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASbrtTy4Ifk

2017! Whoo!

Kashaar on
    Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Looks like the Hand will be the villain in Defenders.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Looks like the Hand will be the villain in Defenders.

Shocking swerve that nobody saw coming?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "Who can four morally dubious characters kill without consequence?"
    "Ninjas? Just piles and piles of faceless ninjas?"
    "Yeah that works."

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Swerve...it will be AIM and the big bad being MODOK. Series ends with Iron Man entering the now destroyed AIM staging area and there is nothing but dudes in yellow bee keeper outfits strewn from every beam, bar, roof tile. And MODOK left face first into a glass vat with Luke Cage sized fist prints all over his face.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Probably based on Shadowland, and the Defenders form to save Matt?

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    "Yeah that works."

They were even a little worried about ninjas being too sympathetic, so they went with zombie ninjas for some of them.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Probably based on Shadowland, and the Defenders form to save Matt?

I hope not.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    "Yeah that works."

They were even a little worried about ninjas being too sympathetic, so they went with zombie ninjas for some of them.

As far as I know they kept pretty faithful to the source material on that count. The ninja in the comics aren't that interesting, either - that's why I'm sad they didn't do something creative with them.
    They were going in that direction with them being behind the yakuza and Roxxon, but they didn't go far enough t humanize them or make them ridiculously silly yet exciting to see chew scenery. And not explain shit about anything. Those angle were perfect for this. :(

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    New trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83s6NO1NE0&frags=pl%2Cwn
    The false DD has got to be Bullseye. Hopefully he'll be the same guy as the police sniper in season 1.

edit:
    Supposedly the actor for Bullseye, Wilson Bethel, is listed as "FBI agent" on IMDB so he might be affiliated with the police in some capacity, or he's posing as law enforcement.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Just give me Matt at the office Christmas party with his "I'M NOT DARE DEVIL" sweater and I'll be happy.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Cast and show runner talk about season 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypbUPjKqkA&frags=pl%2Cwn

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    A friendly reminder that this has landed!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Will I be able to watch it if I still haven't watched:

Any Luke Cage (it's on my list, shut up)
    JJ season 2
    Any Iron Fist
    Defenders
    Punisher

Daredevil just holds a special interest for me, so I'm not caught up on anything else.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You should probably check out Defenders. I dunno how quickly it's resolved in Season 3, but it had a big DD plot set up. The other shows feature some cameos but no big story stuff.

Luke Cage Season 2 is worth a watch after Defenders too, btw!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I assume season 3 will like, recap the defenders stuff in some quick way because it'd be a weird jump otherwise

if you don't wanna watch the whole season you could probably just watch the last couple eps of defenders and be fine

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I watched the first episode so far of the new season, and liked it.
    Though man, that was a hardcore nettipot scene.

never die on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Episode 3 spoiler
    Poindexter puts broccoli on his pizza, he's clearly the most evil villain in the entire Marvel universe.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I don’t know about this third season, but I might come to like it a lot on a rewatch like LCS1.

Oh wow that part with the phones is too real.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    never die wrote: »
    I watched the first episode so far of the new season, and liked it.
    Though man, that was a hardcore nettipot scene.

Very much so, though
    it seemed like he'd have noticed that sooner. Though, maybe he did and didn't realize what it was/was so banged up otherwise it took awhile to register and clicked when he found the pot.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    started the new series ..
    and maaaaan this catholic bullshit on everything is already grating..

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Three episodes in and so far it's decent.
    I really like the Fisk / FBI agent stuff, the introduction of Dex and the Foggy / Karen stuff.

Unfortunately, the Daredevil parts are pretty dull so far. I feel like this endless dialogue was meant to be deep and meaningful, instead it's just repetitive.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Bit overstating it, aren't you? Especially considering it's Matt Murdock we're talking about here and where he's at.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Daredevil s3 episode 4 was the “good shit”

This still punches above its weight and is easily the best series Marvel has done on Netflix, Jessica Jones a great but still second place.

Don’t get too annoyed at the Catholic shit - it isn’t a driving part of the narrative post the first couple episodes. But it’s also totally in line with his character so... I mean, yeah. Daredevil, Nightcrawler... if they WERENT religious it would be weird.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Did they seriously do that episode 4 scene in one
    shot? Holy shit. Probably not as many participants as the Season 1 hall way but the level of choreography for camera work and changes like matt's blood make up was incredible. They should have got that guy for Iron Fist.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    OMg, even more amazing (ep4)
    That tiny bottle of Heinz ketchup! It's so tiny!

But seriously, how fucking long was that one shot?

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    late season stuff:
    Man killing that girl and doggy bagging her like that was just down right evil.
    Hoping Karen doesn't bite it but things are looking pretty bleak right now D:

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    S3

Ep 6
    This is the Bullseye I've always wanted, they've done an excellent job adapting him so far. I like how they fleshed him out and given him a backstory which suits him - like they did with Fisk in S1. Rather than being a chaotic evil nut job in the comics who is more akin to the Joker it's fascinating how they made him complex and multifaceted, deeply utterly fucked up mentally yet sympathetic. A real dark counterpart to Murdock. His life falling apart when he was barely able to keep it together is riveting, you can tell how broken he is and Fisk is slowly corrupting him like a master.

A far superior version of Bullseye compared to Colin Farrell's rendition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3EtZEla5Y&frags=pl%2Cwn