As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Much better against Vicar Amelia the second time. She feels beatable now. After the first fight I was like, fuck you.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so... I think... there are at least two places in bloodborne that should have been accessible, but aren't, based purely on them appearing in the level design from various vantage points with no way to actually access them

the first is the giant tower that looms over the whole city. you never get to go anywhere near the iconic round stained glass window that dominates the tower, or the big flat platform on top of it (another sort of lunarium?)

the second is visible from behind the workshop tower - a great round square with a tree in the middle, and a very wide path leading down to it

judging from previous large dark souls DLC I doubt we'll see these areas reimplamented organically into the existing world; rather, a whole new and seperate zone will be introduced

but

it bugs me that I see parts of the game that are incomplete

I Want To Go To There

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah I specifically want to go to the clock tower, but wouldn't be surprised to have it be implemented as the DLC. The whole back half of Yharnum is relatively untouched. There is a good chunk of building in and around the tower area that could easily be a fully fleshed DLC product.

I also would expect a wholly new area, but yeah. We'll have to see. I can imagine that they originally wanted Upper Cathedral Ward to be that whole tower, with Ebritas on top, but had to cut it down to a much smaller area.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You never open the gate past the Cleric Beast, do you

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Nope

Everyone is pretty sure it would just go to that one locked door right at a chest with a blood gem, though

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    you can drop shining coins on one and they'll be shining through the other door, so it's pretty certain

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    oh also I beat
    our dear queen
    I guess it's time to do ng+ then!

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    has anyone ever summoned a random person for chalice dungeons? or been summoned for one? I've never gotten it to work.

Or do both parties need to have the same glyph/dungeon created or something?

• Options
    yeahhh, it appears that you need to be using the same glyph to show up for each other

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So, Souls stuff is on sale today and so I got Scholar for extra cheap (Due to having DS2 already, on top of the sale)

And I gotta say

whoever decided to put a dragon in front of the Blue Cathedral needs to get punched in the dick.

This thing is much harder to deal with than the ones in the aerie, for fuck's sake. I can't even approach it.

I also can't seem to get protection against its fire anywhere. I died while standing on the stairs behind the platform, BELOW the fire, and it still killed me.

This is legitimately bullshit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Everything in scholar seems poorly thought out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    gotta prove you're worthy to fight a dragonslayer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Everything in scholar seems poorly thought out

disagree

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    like you know how in dark souls 1 you can walk into the graveyard right away and get your ass kicked by a thousand skeletons and the idea is that that's supposed to be telling you "you're not supposed to be here yet"

that's that dragon

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I don't think that's a very apt comparison.

• Options
    that's because you think you're supposed to go up and fight the old dragonslayer and access the blue covenant right now

you're not

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    And why is that.

• Options
    because there's a dragon in front of it you can't clear

seems pretty self-explanatory

if you don't have the tools to get through an area, you're not supposed to get to that area yet, it's souls 101

come back with a big fire resistance shield or something

it's not like the blue covenant matters until you get to the point where people can actually invade

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No, I meant why is the cathedral so important that it merits a dragon guarding it?

Like, they didn't add anything of value to the place.

It just seems kind of pointless, because there are way less pissant covenants it could be guarding access to.

Or will there be another dragon at Harvest Valley waiting to thwart me becoming a SunBro? :P

Goatmon on

• Options
    because it's the home of the blue sentinels

if you were a blue sentinel wouldn't you want a dragon guarding you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Like, it makes perfect sense for the graveyard to be so annoying to newcomers, because there's really important shit in that direction.

Blue Sentinels are not really important.

Goatmon on

• Options
    targray has access to miracles you don't see before cromwell, and the 75% hollow ring is up there

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I don't think the hollow ring is up there anymore, is it?

Everything I hear about scholars makes it sound like it's great for DS2 veterans and bad for new people.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Dragon isn't that bad if you can drag along the npc summon dude who waits by the Dragonrider fog gate.

He tanked it, I blew it up. Dead Dragon.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    The dragon also seems more BS than the skeletons in 1 because his tail will send you right off the side. It comes off as less a direct challenge and more that you have to fight the geography more than the enemy. Geographical issues in a souls game are universally bad. The crystal cave is sort of an exception, sort of, and I still wouldn't call it good.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    You can beat that dragon just as early as you did ornstein 2.0 in the vanilla game. I did it right after finishing FoFG on my new character I made in SotFS. You just have to start sprinting to get to it, and even if it breathes on you, you can live through it and just heal up before killing it. Once you're on the platform with it you can just bait the foot stomp and kill it with ease.

The hardest part about SotFS Heide's is the thousand heide knights plus old knights that you can't run past to fight the dragon. You have to clear the way each time if you die to the dragon because otherwise they'll follow you up there.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man, I sort of want to pick up Scholar but I'm also somewhat frightened to, these changes sound mega insane

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    As long as you can deal with the fact that you will be ambushed from directions you don't expect, find loot in new places, etc., you'll find SotFS is a great experience.

Basically, vanilla DS2 was good but showed the signs of its troubled development. Then the DLCs came and we finally saw what Tanimura could do if he wasn't forced to scrap and repiece development mid way through. Then SotFS came, and we got the definitive version of the game.

In my opinion, for every place in the game where there are more enemies that will drive you crazy(Iron Keep, looking at you), there are 3 places where you'll go holy shit this is so much more atmospheric and well designed than before. Stuff like hollow soldiers beating on the giant/trees in the forest, having a flexile sentry instead of having several of the aldia abomination dudes in the water path to Lost Sinner, the way dragon shrine enemies behave now, etc.

• Options
    Hmmmmmmmmyeah I think you're talkin me into it, that does sound alright, plus I miss the rad PvP so much after Bloodborne

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmmmyeah I think you're talkin me into it, that does sound alright, plus I miss the rad PvP so much after Bloodborne

After a night in the belfry, it feels like I've come back home.

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    I killed the dragon super early with a bow and a bunch of arrows. Just cheese it - the Souls way.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Armorer Dennis can eat a bag of dicks.

• Options
    Well I got this last night I am just as happy as a pig in shit, it's a great remix so far, absolutely loving it

And I guess they upped the player limit for online stuff? Because I'm touching single bloodstains and I see like four white phantoms all get shoved off a cliff by something at the same time which is obviously stupidly hilarious

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    They added a thing where I'd a bunch of peoe die at the same spot it combines their bloodstains

• Options
    Awwww....still pretty funny

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Bloodborne thread, I have a question!

I've finally caved and ordered this game. There are, however, two individuals total in my household who would like to play the game. Does the game support two different save slots so we can both have characters?

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    You can have multiple characters, yes.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    They definitely did expand how many summons you can have. It's up to three now.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Also, does the nameless usurper *Cough*LICIA*Cough* not show up at Castle Drangleic now?

I went up there and she didn't show up.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    So Scholar has added a whole bunch of new NPCs to summon and some of them are kind of spooky, they all do some sort of theme-appropriate gesture after you summon them and Devotee Scarlett in the poison windmill place pointed to the spot where you set the bugger on fire and then did the fist pump after and does the mock when she kills something

Hobnail on