As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    AUGH SO CLOSE

Nice that I realized you can run straight through the enemy mobs without engaging on the way to the boss, though. Try #3 tonight.

• Options
    Oh god, I've lost all my mojo from last night

Not only did that boss smear the floor with me several times over, I seem to have lost my touch with just regular enemy mobs. Maybe I'm just getting cocky and not being cautious enough.

Anyone know where I can pick up at least one more twin blood stone shard at this point in the game? (slight spoilers below)
    I'm before Amelia, but have not gone into Old Yharnam. I'm trying to avoid that because I've heard hints that there's an NPC you can keep friendly if you delay entering the place.

My weapon is +3 though, and I'd love to get some more damage output if possible. I picked up two twin blood stone shards somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where! I just need one more for a +4 weapon.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just reorganized my living room to play this game better. (I hope.)

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Oh god, I've lost all my mojo from last night

Not only did that boss smear the floor with me several times over, I seem to have lost my touch with just regular enemy mobs. Maybe I'm just getting cocky and not being cautious enough.

Anyone know where I can pick up at least one more twin blood stone shard at this point in the game? (slight spoilers below)
    I'm before Amelia, but have not gone into Old Yharnam. I'm trying to avoid that because I've heard hints that there's an NPC you can keep friendly if you delay entering the place.

My weapon is +3 though, and I'd love to get some more damage output if possible. I picked up two twin blood stone shards somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where! I just need one more for a +4 weapon.

To the right of the stairway up to Amelia. There's some stuff that way if you don't want spoilers.
    At the last stairway up to Amelia if you head right you'll end up on some rooftops and then you'll see a set of spiral stairs. The stairs lead down to a hunter with a lighting charged mace called a Tonitrus whom isn't too hard to beat. Try to stay in that area because there's another hunter with a rifle spear (that's a pain in the ass) in front of the shack you were just on top of and I assume you don't want to aggro him until the first is dead.

After all that there's a path that leads to a ledge you can drop off and there's a twin blood shard there.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Fantastic, thank you!

• Options
    Finally made it through Hemwick Charnel Lane aaaaand

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    tumblr_np4cuuctIT1rf03nro1_500.png
    tumblr_inline_np543jeRa51qdd180_500.png

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Eileen pronounces it Gas-con!

I would have guessed Gas-con-nyay

• Options
    I thought it was gas-si-on

also vicar amelia is still hard as hell. My kirkhammer is +5 now though so it does way more than my Ludwig.

I got her down the farthest I have in a while earlier but then she did her big combo and I was stuck on geometry.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    wait wait

is that

a bloodborne anime

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wait wait

is that

a bloodborne anime

anime is blood

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I thought it was gas-si-on

also vicar amelia is still hard as hell. My kirkhammer is +5 now though so it does way more than my Ludwig.

I got her down the farthest I have in a while earlier but then she did her big combo and I was stuck on geometry.

What 'blood echo' level are ya? Maybe you just need to grind a bit, that was my issue.

I was getting plastered by her again and again, so I finally went and farmed some echoes and shards. Upgraded my saw blade to +5 from +3, and got my level up to 33 from 25 (focusing mostly on strength, vitality, and endurance).

Went at her again and she was MUCH easier! I think my trouble was I had her attack patterns down, but I just couldn't deal enough damage to stagger her out of animations or her healing prayer. Haven't interacted with that alter yet, as it smells like trouble to me. I'll finish Hemwick Charnel first.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I pronounce it "gas coin" which is probably wrong.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Gas coin is probably correct, there was a very famous football/soccer player over here with that name

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    OF COURSE IT'S RIGHT. I'M NEVER WRONG.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Gascan.

Because I lit him on fire you see.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wait wait

is that

a bloodborne anime

i assume someone just drew a picture and made it look like an anime still

• Options
    I only had to fight father G twice. He's real easy to parry

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i didn't even try to parry enemies until after the blood-starved beast, I just relied on dodging

• Options
    Just checked and I am level 36 I guess.

I'm doing better against her but some of her attacks are tricky to dodge still.

• Options
    I took Gas Coin down on the second try. I just threw molotov cocktails ebdlessly

• Options
    Just checked and I am level 36 I guess.

I'm doing better against her but some of her attacks are tricky to dodge still.

Do you have Ludwig's? Have you tried just wailing on her with a heavy weapon? That's seriously all I did my first time taking her down.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My ludwig's doesn't do nearly as much damage currently as my kirkhammer.

But yeah wailing on her works most of the time but I really wish dodge was on the triggers instead of circle because sometimes I'll just get caught by one of her big hits or get stuck on geometry during a combo.

If I get hit I should give myself as much room as possible to use vials right?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    When damaged, I used a combo of the rally system (if she was in one of her easily-dodged modes) or distance w/ vials if I was super low on health. Staying behind her was the best strategy for me, but I tend to just wail away on enemies with the un-tricked saw blade for speed. Way different playstyle to the Kirkhammer.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I only had to fight father G twice. He's real easy to parry

That fucker ate my lunch probably 20 times. I had little trouble with his first form - just kept him on the other side of a tombstone to block his attacks, then dodged sideways and pecked at him for a couple hits, dodged back, wash rinse repeat.

As soon as he hit his final stage, though - no dice. I finally bumbled into a charged R2 attack with the Kirkhammer and landed a visceral, but I don't pretend that was anything other than stupid luck.

It wasn't until the Church Giants in Cathedral Ward that I really figured out what the hell I was doing. Prior to that, I looked like some 12 year old playing dress-up with Daddy's combat gear and flailing his hammer around. Now I look like a serious grown-up playing dress-up with Grandpappy's combat gear and flailing his sword around. So, you know, progress.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well I can reliably get her down to about 1 half to 1 fourth now.

She just starts wailing on me after that though.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    If father g is an Italian catholic does that mean yharnam is on earth

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'll tell you one thing that hasn't changed in Scholar is my inability to goddamn kill Vendrick, it's the Undead Giant thing all over again, I hate these bosses that just consist of one simple pattern where you spend fifteen minutes reducing the things health by 25% and then you fuck up and you're dead

• Options
    Well I can reliably get her down to about 1 half to 1 fourth now.

She just starts wailing on me after that though.

Another thing you can do is get the flame sprayer up to like +3 or +4 and burn her ass. I did in my last game and I don't think the fight took 60 seconds.

I did have a tiny bit of arcane in that build though.

• Options
    Yes what Butters said, also do you still have numbing spray available? That'll stop her heal animation, and prevent her from healing for a good minute or so

• Options
    Whenever she healed I just wailed on her. I didn't even bother with the spray.

Also if you need tier 1 shards to upgrade the flame sprayer you can farm the werewolves on the way down to BSB.

• Options
    edited June 2015

Yessssssss!

It was close though as you can see.

About the time I ran through my last 4 vials I thought... Man let me just wail on her though her last 5th of her bar of health.

So I did. Lucky she got stunned a couple times. Also I got real lucky in one of her big combos. She missed me completely despite me being right under her.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bloodborne secrets: GET IN THERE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the idea of staying aggressive and beating the tar out of dudes. I am very much a defensive player in most games, and that rarely works here.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    bloodborne secrets: RUSH THAT SHIT DOWN

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The game definitely works if you're aggressive, it's specifically designed that way after all, but I had no problems staying back and largely doing chip damage over the entire game with smart dodging. About the only play style it really wants to break you of is pure shield turtling

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i found that most bosses seemed far less dangerous up close

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, for sure. With the exception of shit camera bosses, of course.

• Options
    Opened up a new area!
    The "Nightmare Frontier."

Maybe I'll double back to Old Yharnam after all

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Opened up a new area!
    The "Nightmare Frontier."

Maybe I'll double back to Old Yharnam after all

Pfft, it's just a name, nothing to worry about.
    it's actually smack dab in the middle of nightmare country.