As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[sysadmin] sexy.code = new.underpants.required

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    PST's actually work pretty ok up until about 10GB, they start to have problems there. Past 20GB what you run into problems with is that it actually can't finish indexing fast enough before it starts indexing from the beginning again, so as a result it never finishes indexing the PST and just goes in a viscous cycle. There are registry hacks to alleviate it but you can't really fix it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Clearly the answer is to wield a bandoleer of PST files.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All the above advice?

Keep it all in mind when transitioning to Office 365 with a DSL connection...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

ahahahaha I just got to a workstation with sound.

Glorious.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Speaking of PSTs. I saw some over 50GB due to Google App Sync going crazy. They had 3 50GB PSTs with a 4th around the 20GB mark. They had some email issues.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Speaking of PSTs. I saw some over 50GB due to Google App Sync going crazy. They had 3 50GB PSTs with a 4th around the 20GB mark. They had some email issues.

I'm surprised that outlook didn't start on fire.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Stupid Sprint.

Trying to cancel a phone off our plan and they won't allow it through the website as you have to call in. After calling in, I find out that they won't do it until the end of the billing cycle which is the 6th of October.

On the other hand, Verizon allows you to do it from their website and it is on the day that you put the cancellation in.

Sprint's website is also so confusing. You can't reset the voicemail password off of the phone's account page, you need to go to the support tab, add your phone to the support section, and then you can reset the password.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    fuck you HP
    mGb9exN.png

I feel like you should tweet the contents of this post at HP.

• Options
    Make sure to quote me that their site fucking sucks.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Who owns / controls the corporate twitter account in you guys' companies? Ops or Marketing?

• Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Who owns / controls the corporate twitter account in you guys' companies? Ops or Marketing?

Marketing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Marketing.

And is it clear that they would be responsible if it is compromised?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Hahaha, Twitter. We barely have a web page.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Marketing.

I sense a great story that we are not going to get all the juicy details on.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Hahaha, Twitter. We barely have a web page.

I took my boss 4 years, from when I started, to even agree to build a web page.

We owned the domain for 20 years though.

bowen on
  • Options

Marketing.

IT would be blamed somehow even though it would be their fault.

• Options
    "What do you mean, password1234! isn't secure?"

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    "But someone from twitter support just called to make sure we were using the site ok and to offer us a free upgrade to twitter premium. All they needed was the password to confirm my identity"

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    "But someone from twitter support just called to make sure we were using the site ok and to offer us a free upgrade for to twitter premium. All they needed was the password to confirm my identity"

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/33368230/#Comment_33368230

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Everything that could possibly be viewed by the public and could be associated with the company needs to be approved by the compliance department. So we don't mess with Twitter or any other "live" feeds.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    fuck you HP
    mGb9exN.png

I feel like you should tweet the contents of this post at HP.

Oh I did!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    lol they'll ignore you. You should post to reddit.

• Options
    Also are those peanut butter cookies? Love me peanut butter cookies.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    lol they'll ignore you. You should post to reddit.

Eh. It fixed itself after I restarted my browser. Some fucked up token saying I was on the wrong site even though I wasn't.

A badly-coded site is shitty, but not worth a campaign.

If it wasn't fixable because they had broken their systems and pointers on their end that would be a different thing.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    DID YOU USE CHUNKY PEANUT BUTTER TOO? THAT IS GOOD STUFF BRO

• Options
    DID YOU USE CHUNKY PEANUT BUTTER TOO? THAT IS GOOD STUFF BRO

I used the America's test kitchen recipe.

Chunky peanut butter.

Also, fuck it, grind up a cup of peanuts and throw those shits in there too.

• Options
    On a system named ***vmstore, that hosts some VMs...

there's an H:\ drive.

With a folder on it called "F_Drive"

That apparently everyone and their mother has been using as a personal scratch share.

Now I get alerts that it's full.

:rotate:

• Options
    "Whoops, not sure how that got deleted, it was a junk share. Why were you guys storing important stuff there instead of your personal shares dedicated for that, which are backed up?"

Of course back it up before you kebosh it and look like the hero when you save the day.

I may have done something similar before...

• Options
    "Whoops, not sure how that got deleted, it was a junk share. Why were you guys storing important stuff there instead of your personal shares dedicated for that, which are backed up?"

Of course back it up before you kebosh it and look like the hero when you save the day.

I may have done something similar before...

Sigh, I wish.

We usually just nag the box owners until they clean it themselves.

• Options
    Sitting in a conference room I see the Skype camera that had to be bought ASAP now collecting dust in the corner.

So anyone else had things needed to be bought ASAP and now sits in a corner?

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Sitting in a conference room I see the Skype camera that had to be bought ASAP now collecting dust in the corner.

Everything except computers?

• Options
    Cog wrote: »

Everything except computers?

It evens goes to computers. My Boss has a laptop she never uses. It pops up on the network twice a year at best. There have been times she didn't know where it was and asked if I knew. . .

Yeah. . .

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Electronic whiteboard. Turns out, when people really want to keep a copy of what's on a whiteboard, they just take a cell phone picture.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Electronic whiteboard. Turns out, when people really want to keep a copy of what's on a whiteboard, they just take a cell phone picture.

Yes yes yes, I do this all the time!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Do you use office lens? You probably should

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    We have an entire 2U racked and ready to go. But the customer who's paying for it isn't ready to use it. So we keep charging them the monthly maintenance fee and it just sits in the rack doing nothing.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Do you use office lens? You probably should

Woah, not only is that fantastic, but it was already installed on my phone (Lumia 920) without me even having to download it.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    My boss initiated a phishing test this morning from IT@domain.gov saying that a password reset was required and to click a link. I'm cool with that. What I think is a bit sketchy is that his response to everyone's email has been "We did not send that." The white lie could end up pissing some people off, including the executive staff (of which only 1 of them was aware that we were doing that). Saying "This is a bogus email. Please delete" would have been much better. I'm just not a big fan of blatantly lying about it.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    I don't see a problem.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    My boss initiated a phishing test this morning from IT@domain.gov saying that a password reset was required and to click a link. I'm cool with that. What I think is a bit sketchy is that his response to everyone's email has been "We did not send that." The white lie could end up pissing some people off, including the executive staff (of which only 1 of them was aware that we were doing that). Saying "This is a bogus email. Please delete" would have been much better. I'm just not a big fan of blatantly lying about it.

I mean isn't that part of the test though?

I can see his point on not wanting to come clean about it. Does the link get logged and then the users who click it get training?

That actually sounds like a great idea if I worked in a bigger place but I know who'd fail it and who wouldn't here.

Seidkona on
This discussion has been closed.