As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So standing on top of the bursa is out of range.... Screw this event.

The only person that needs to be in range of the bursa is the one it is actively trying to murder. Also you can't be invisible.

So it's an absolute bullshit event there is no reason to do. Got it!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So standing on top of the bursa is out of range.... Screw this event.

The only person that needs to be in range of the bursa is the one it is actively trying to murder. Also you can't be invisible.

So it's an absolute bullshit event there is no reason to do. Got it!

Except for the Impact damage modpack you get at 1000 points (+120% impact damage mods. Making all the regular impact damage mods cry).

That's the main reason I went through with the unfun experience. But now I have the. And the Quanta Vandal.
    I do hope my Sobek and Jat Kittag appreciate the kind of hell I'm going through to provide for them.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Thanks to gracious alliance folks, I got the Quanta in about 6 or 7 runs! Whee :) The event seems a bit chaotic, but I found it alright tbh.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So doing a bunch of R5 core farming on Triton, Neptune has led me to realize something important.

The corpus can't aim for shit. Well, when it comes to excavators anyways.

http://gfycat.com/SingleUnacceptableBunny

Even melee guys have a hard time hitting it. I've noticed the only time any of them actually connect is with shockwave moa stomps and grenades.

At least it makes farming cores fairly easy to solo.

On an unrelated note, the Nemesis Nyx skin is pretty bitchin'. It even changes the Chaos particle to show the skin, rather than just normal/prime Nyx.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So doing a bunch of R5 core farming on Triton, Neptune has led me to realize something important.

The corpus can't aim for shit. Well, when it comes to excavators anyways.

http://gfycat.com/SingleUnacceptableBunny

Makes sense, for corpus anyway.

"They sent in an excavator! They've found riches! Let's mine it!
    Wait, weren't we supposed to kill this excavator? It's tenno?
    Wha? *$_$* RICHES!"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    If only that nyx skin wasn't so costly.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    How much is it?

It's pretty cool.

It would be neat if they rolled up all those immortal skins into one bundle too.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    It's 200p, but right now it's discounted by 25%, so 150 for now. Makes sense, given it's in the same ballpark as Proto Excal, as it completely changes the model as well as the Chaos effect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So, I just found out about this event thing. Is it too late to try for the stuff?

So unfortunately last night I got roped into doing other things(TM), is this still on tonight and are people still doing it after 8pm PST?

If not, that's okay. But if yes, I'd like to try for the rewards. :)

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Fastest way seemed to be to stock up on the cheapest offerings. Run with a group or at least randoms. One of the most popular missions was the corpus extermination mission on Europa.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So the Tonkor's pretty fun all around. Ragdolling entire groups is great, and grenade jumping is cool. What's even better is the spontaneous breakdancing it can inflict on dudes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXH9ibkjuE

Lay off the soda and you won't be so jumpy, man.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's 200p, but right now it's discounted by 25%, so 150 for now. Makes sense, given it's in the same ballpark as Proto Excal, as it completely changes the model as well as the Chaos effect.

Still seems kinda crazy to me since you can get many prime frames cheaper from market and even DE store has a few that are 200 or less last I looked. I was too cheap for the excal skin a while back as well.

That said I would never have believed people would pay darvo 60p or so for a skana or some of his other deals. Dang if they don't sell though.

I freely admit I'm a pretty screwy person though. Didn't blink on a couple prime packs but dang if im not stingy with that fake money.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    You cannot purchase prime anything with platinum from the market, and you're paying a lot more in prime access than you would just for the plat to buy a prime frame in the trading chat.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    DreadBert wrote: »

Still seems kinda crazy to me since you can get many prime frames cheaper from market and even DE store has a few that are 200 or less last I looked. I was too cheap for the excal skin a while back as well.

That said I would never have believed people would pay darvo 60p or so for a skana or some of his other deals. Dang if they don't sell though.

I freely admit I'm a pretty screwy person though. Didn't blink on a couple prime packs but dang if im not stingy with that fake money.

I know the feeling. I get kind of weird with my monopoly money too. I loathe buying things from other players, since 99% of the time I could just go and farm it myself, but I'll drop a bunch of plat on color packs, syandanas, and skins for frames I don't use often without a second thought. Nemesis Nyx being a prime example of this. I don't play her a ton, but damn if that skin didn't make my plat magically vanish.

That being said, I can see why they'd charge so much for it, since it's way more extensive than normal skins, thus justifying jacking up the price, plus the limited time nature making people more eager to buy it ASAP, meaning they can push the prices even further. Oh well, at least I've made fairly sizable amounts of plat from trading, so my spacewallet doesn't hurt too much.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Well, things you can farm for/earn in game are one thing. Cosmetics are forever though.

• Options
    Goodbye volt, we had some good times.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

What happened to Volt?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Darmak wrote: »

What happened to Volt?

I assume it's in relation to these changes, from today's hotfix:
    Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving improper damage multipliers as per:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/446810-volt-shield-quanta-vandel-absurd-damage/

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

What happened to Volt?

I assume it's in relation to these changes, from today's hotfix:
    Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving improper damage multipliers as per:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/446810-volt-shield-quanta-vandel-absurd-damage/

Good, I always thought Volt's shield was OP anyway :P

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    My Volt Prime is staying right where he is. Red and Gold color scheme, modded mainly for duration and power with Shocking Speed. Kogake for the punches and kicks and they look good on Volt, Burston Prime for the giant stamina boosts, and a Lex Prime because it's got the coil-y bit.

Fastest Tenno Alive.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Tried the event. Wow that is fucking terrible

Maybe I'll get the next one.

I've said that for like the last three events.

They've all been atrocious. Just truly terrible.

Thankfully Im not interested in the awards. Impact and quanta seem neat, but not like I'll die without them.

• Options
    You cannot purchase prime anything with platinum from the market, and you're paying a lot more in prime access than you would just for the plat to buy a prime frame in the trading chat.

Bad wording on my part, I tend to think of Trade Chat as market and Market as DE's in game store.

Still have to get the plat though. Prime is something like 50% off plat with 90 days of boosters and a frame thrown in. And I don't mind throwing money at them from time to time. Outside of maybe fallout series my time/$ beats out most of my recreation stuff.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    My apologies for not being online last night- I got torn between trying this and getting stuff done on GW2 and, well, GW2 won. :D

• Options
    Did a round of Draco with some pubbies and ended up getting the Brakk bp, barrel, and G3 sigil. Not bad at all, if I do say so myself!

Also, I might have already said it but the Tonkor is a fuckload of fun to use.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    If you guys have the Tonkor, try it with Mirage. You become a one-man mortar squad.

IT'S

AMAZING

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Really, any gun is amazing with Mirage. Thanks to the event I discovered the joys of carpet-bombing an area with up to ten Quanta cubes in a single shot. Entire armies of mooks just vaporize instantly.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So many nifty things to try, so little forma...

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I need to do vault runs so I can get the stuff needed to make the Mirage questline. As soon as I joined a defense mission with a Mirage wielding a Quanta Vandal I knew I wanted that frame. I also felt like throwing on some Pink Floyd and just watching the laser show.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    If you do void missions regularly you should never run out of forma blueprints at least. I'm at a stage in my warframe development that I have a standing supply of 30 or so forma at any given time, I only use them about as fast as I can craft them at this point.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Trader is in on Saturn. He's currently offering Voltaic Strike, Primed Slip Magazine and Prisma Daedalus Chestplate.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Maybe the next time he shows up, we'll see the rifle mod from the tethra set.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Yeah, I just hope they pick up the pace or Void Trader is simply a band-aid solution on making the event mods available, because if they keep going with 1 event mod every 2 weeks it'll take like an entire year for the rest of the electric dual status, slash, and piercing event mods to come out.

Ideally they'd become available elsewhere on a regular basis.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »

Isn't there a shotgun one? I feel like we'll probably get that one first, just to be obnoxious.

I dunno about the slashing/piercing ones, though. I'd love it if they did offer a new way to get them, since I wasn't playing when they first came out, but they're not quite the same as the electric dual mods, which are odd because every other elemental dual mod is available in-game with no time limitation.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »

Isn't there a shotgun one? I feel like we'll probably get that one first, just to be obnoxious.

I dunno about the slashing/piercing ones, though. I'd love it if they did offer a new way to get them, since I wasn't playing when they first came out, but they're not quite the same as the electric dual mods, which are odd because every other elemental dual mod is available in-game with no time limitation.

until the new spy missions, the fire and ice ones were also not available. the ice ones were the first ones i was able to do because of the excavation missions introduction with the cryotic front stuff.

but ya, they dont need to keep things so exclusive to "had to have been playing at this time to get them!" I can maybe understand keeping excalibur prime exclusive to the founders pack people, but things like mods which can really effect how weapons perform against certain enemies should only be limited for a short time after an event.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Trader is in on Saturn. He's currently offering Voltaic Strike, Primed Slip Magazine and Prisma Daedalus Chestplate.

What are the prices? Wanna know how much tower trash I gotta farm this weekend.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Voltaic Strike is 300 ducats, 150k credits

Prisma Daedalus is 150 ducats, 100k?

and lol Primed Slip Mag, which is useful for all of one weapon

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Yeah, those are the only two I was looking at, so 450 ducats isn't too bad.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I prefer the exclusive mods staying exclusive, time based exclusivity doesn't mean anything beyond inconvenience. I don't have all the mods, but I'd rather them remain exclusive and special than making them just another mod simply so I can have them.

The dual stat mods aren't even very important in and of themselves, I use regular elemental mods the vast majority of time because they do more damage, they aren't required for any builds I have, though they do make some builds slightly better. I definitely think the exclusive mods should stay exclusive, as rewards for helping test and refine the early stages of game modes. The sense of entitlement is crazy.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I prefer the exclusive mods staying exclusive, time based exclusivity doesn't mean anything beyond inconvenience. I don't have all the mods, but I'd rather them remain exclusive and special than making them just another mod simply so I can have them.

The dual stat mods aren't even very important in and of themselves, I use regular elemental mods the vast majority of time because they do more damage, they aren't required for any builds I have, though they do make some builds slightly better. I definitely think the exclusive mods should stay exclusive, as rewards for helping test and refine the early stages of game modes. The sense of entitlement is crazy.

I'd say that the dual stat mods are crazy important. There's no other way to decently boost status chance than by using them. If they buffed the regular +status chance mods to a level where they're actually worth using, then yeah, you might have a point.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Except that there's no need for a super high status chance, the rate of fire of most weapons is enough to get the procs going off at a useful rate, you don't need 10 procs on a single enemy. At least, there's no functional need to do so.
    Status chance is not like crit chance, there's no use in having them over 100, and even having them under 50 sees nearly identical functionality as that of something with 100. You're likely to get all your status on anything that lives past one or two shots in any case.

This discussion has been closed.