As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Grumps] This thread is laughably naive.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r_Tujnx8ho

uh barry what are you doing

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I remember when Chad was on a couple of episodes of Table Flip, and Chad took a serious liking to Barry. I mean, how could you not? I feel this is a bit of a return of the backscratch/revenge humiliation to Barry for Table Flip.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I have heard there is an actual thing where some people are immensely stressed by certain noises. I had a friend who if he could hear you chewing, would have to leave the room. I mean most people don't WANT to hear people chew, but I am talking if it was even miniscule.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I have heard there is an actual thing where some people are immensely stressed by certain noises. I had a friend who if he could hear you chewing, would have to leave the room. I mean most people don't WANT to hear people chew, but I am talking if it was even miniscule.

If you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperacusis

I have tinnitus (and can pinpoint exactly what I did to get it as a child, too) and a moderate form of Hyperacusis.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Damn. Dan doing some work in the final episode of Shovel Knight co-op.

He was the chosen one all along.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    I think the Take on Me video is my new favorite thing. I can't stop watching it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Everybody wants to rule the world music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7CUOa7wsd0

I love these videos.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I dunno when companies started using Twitter like Sonic The Hedgehog, but here's a funny exchange between GG, Applebees, and Chilis.

Spoilered for long:
    CpMRlh1.jpg

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Okay. I'll add Applebees and Chili's to the list of company twitters attempting to go full Sonic. So far, Tony the Tiger is getting close.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I dunno when companies started using Twitter like Sonic The Hedgehog, but here's a funny exchange between GG, Applebees, and Chilis.

Spoilered for long:
    CpMRlh1.jpg

All I can think of is now I want a new Bee species to be discovered just to be called Grumpple Bees.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Grumpbee Babies?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Oh man, Skyblazer. That was a classic.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Here comes the jump kick.

Today's Mario Maker was really good.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Under The Covers is live on the Spoofy

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Reenacting weird video game covers is the best fucking idea ever and I really hope they go through with it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »

Yesterday's could have been great if Arin could abstain from being a total shithead for 10 minutes.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Arin's kind of a dick about the auto levels in Mario Maker. Yeah they aren't "real" levels in the traditional Mario sense, but I'm always amazed by them. They're usually visually impressive (except for Ross's audomadic mcdonald or whatever it's called), and it's not like the really popular ones are something that the creator shit out in like... 5 minutes. There's a lot of work put into them, man... just chill out for a second. He is "Grump" and all that, but come on.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Though, it can be annoying when you're looking for ordinary stages and the first 3 pages of the top-rated stages are auto or music. They're a lot of fun when they're what you're looking for, but if you're not looking for them, they can be annoying.

But that's a problem with the search function and the community, not with the very concept of an auto or music stage.

I still like the first time when Arin shows off an Auto stage to convince Dan that they're awful, and Dan's first desponse is that they're pretty cool before back pedaling super hard when Arin keeps ranting.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NSP > Rhianna and Justin Bieber.

In all seriousness. Just imagine the weirdness if NSP ever actually won a Grammy. You got all these musicians who take themselves seriously and you have a guy dressed up like a Jewish superhero and a Ninja flipping off the entire crowd and talking about their dick.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    NSP > Rhianna and Justin Bieber.

In all seriousness. Just imagine the weirdness if NSP ever actually won a Grammy. You got all these musicians who take themselves seriously and you have a guy dressed up like a Jewish superhero and a Ninja flipping off the entire crowd and talking about their dick.

Eh. Still less awkward than Kanye.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    More talented too

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The difference is, NSP know they're a joke

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Are the Grammys awarded based on sales anyway? I thought that was Billboard, which, as much as I love NSP, I don't see ever happening. I think the Grammys are more like the Oscars in that a bunch of old fogies say which albums are worth the nom.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The only Grammy they might get nominated for is Best Comedy Album. A cover album wouldn't get a nomination, though, would it?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Rod Stewart won a Grammy for an album that was all covers, off the top of my head.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Are the Grammys awarded based on sales anyway? I thought that was Billboard, which, as much as I love NSP, I don't see ever happening. I think the Grammys are more like the Oscars in that a bunch of old fogies say which albums are worth the nom.

That's why black people don't win, yeah.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

That's why black people don't win, yeah.

beyonce-grammys-iamsupergorge-1.jpg

article-2276883-177E68A0000005DC-320_306x459.jpg

kanye-west-grammy-awards-1378643527-view-1.jpg

???

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    MegaMek wrote: »
    webber wrote: »

Yesterday's could have been great if Arin could abstain from being a total shithead for 10 minutes.

I thought Arin's cynicism in contrast to Dan's sense of wonder was hilarious. Arin is, after all, Grump.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Livestream starts in...4 hours I think?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    noon PST

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular

Stream is almost up, Starbomb Player Select plays as we wait.

• Options
    Stream live!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    This Seven Minutes of Kevin is pretty great.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Thats the blink 182 song I always mockingly sing!

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I'm honestly intrigued enough by what Bear Simulator is doing to want to watch someone competent play it and who actually explores game mechanics.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Is Arin not going to be on this stream?