Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Architecture, Landscape Design, and Interior Design!

1505152535456»

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would have thought the most efficient way of living would be lots of tiny apartments in a single well-built building, so that it's easier to maintain temperature across all the living spaces.

chrishallett83honovereCalicawebguy20
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I would have thought the most efficient way of living would be lots of tiny apartments in a single well-built building, so that it's easier to maintain temperature across all the living spaces.

Yeah, that's a major part of what I meant with how inefficient the typical tiny house seems. They are a very individualistic, or selfish if you want to be mean, way of going about the problem.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Yeah, that's a major part of what I meant with how inefficient the typical tiny house seems. They are a very individualistic, or selfish if you want to be mean, way of going about the problem.

Granted, but a single family looking to downsize can't build an apartment block.

On a semi-related note, show me an affordable apartment building where all of the units get adequate natural light. I am never living in a space with only one exterior wall again, if I can avoid it.

Jedoc wrote: »
    The GOP cares about babies until they're born, soldiers until they're in need of care, and families until they interfere with stockholder dividends.
    ArcticLancer
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

Granted, but a single family looking to downsize can't build an apartment block.

On a semi-related note, show me an affordable apartment building where all of the units get adequate natural light. I am never living in a space with only one exterior wall again, if I can avoid it.

Well, yeah not being able to cross ventilate sucks. But shitty design is shitty design indepently from the style of dwelling.

To the first point: a smal group of of people and families can though. It's not always easy, but I know at least of a few cities that actively try to help such private groups to build their own apartment buildings indepently from large investors.

LiiyaKadith
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I'm actively involved in a land trust that pushes for affordable and sustainable housing development in the local area and we've successfully got the ear of local politicians and the developer. It can be done but requires effort.

chrishallett83KadithhonovereXaquinDouglasDangertynicTynnanCalicaironsizideschussNightDragonlonelyahavaDoodmannAl_wat
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 11
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Amazeballs

honovere
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that whole compound is beautiful

BahamutZERO.gif
    Captain Inertiahonovere
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Amazon: shorturl.at/giJSV Steam: shorturl.at/ftCLSRegistered User regular
    "West Philadelphia born and raised, desperately avoiding having to see, hear, and smell people taking dumps was how I spent most of my days!"

ironsizide
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The Unfresh Prince of Bel Air?

Fresh Prince of Smell Air?

Eehhh

chrishallett83NightDragon
  • chromdomchromdom Why do bad things keep happening to me? Oh yeah, because of the things I've done.Registered User regular
    Were you looking for "Yo homes, smell ya later"?

XaquinNightDragonArcticLancerchrishallett83Captain InertiaMortal SkyAshaman42