Options

MOBAs: not even once.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Man, did you look at that minimap of Clash? I am pretty curious what the hell is going on there... one of the lanes seems to be Tower-Phoenix-Tower before the base and the other lane is Tower-Phoenix before the base. I do sort of like how there's some room to go 'around' some of the towers in the lane. I'm definitely going to check out some streams once the PTS is up later.

Edit: And right after I posted, HirezChris tweeted that the PTS is up. So if you're interested in trying it out for yourself, get your PTS updated and give it a shot.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    just speculation on my part, but I think one lane being more defensible is meant to push teams toward sending three people to the weaker one?

anyway I'm patching the PTS now so we'll see

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/10/preseason-2016-crests-horizon.html

it's preseason for league and you know what that means

everything gets turned on its fucking head

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ahhh, ok. The lane that looks like it's Tower-Phoenix-Tower is actually Tower-Phoenix-Titan. That's weird. And apparently there are outside jungle spots that let you go around one of the towers in each lane too. Huh, interesting. I guess I'll watch MattyPocket's stream for a bit since he's playing it, though he doesn't seem too into it yet. I suppose he is heavily into Conquest though of course, so this might not exactly be 'for' that type of player.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

Uh we still have the finals this weekend and Ive watched from groups on and damn is league boring

Also so many 3-0s

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular

This feels equally as crazy as preseason 4 and I am really into it.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I feel like Conquest requires to player to follow a script for the first 5 minutes of the game. Not fun at all.
    This is pretty much the reason I don't watch DotA or League on twitch. It feels like huge stretches of the game are just "look at how well he is denying/last hitting those minions".

I don't wanna.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    5.0 attack speed on Koggles, but with 60% attack damage.

Could this be the return of on-hit Kog?

broken image link
  • Options
    while I don't have concerns about clash splitting smite's playerbase, I *DO* have concerns about the fact that it kind of sucks

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    while I don't have concerns about clash splitting smite's playerbase, I *DO* have concerns about the fact that it kind of sucks

I watched a stream of it, and it doesn't look great now, but they aren't releasing it next patch, so they have time to make necessary tweaks to it. I'm optimistic about it.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, I'm not totally sure what to think of Clash yet, but from watching some streams yesterday it seems like a gigantic clusterfuck. And the respawn timers seem to get high really fast for some reason, or maybe they're just straight up Conquest timers. But yeah, that's why it's a trial and they can use the data and feedback from the test to make various tweaks.

They also released next week's Odyssey item early, the Khepri and Inuki announcer packs as a 200 gem combo. In addition, owning 6 Odyssey items gives you the Dragon Rider Ao Kuang skin reward, which is also now available.

May as well show it, since it's badass:

Dranyth on
  • Options
    I just feel like Clash has so many problems that they may as well more or less start over

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    had a game of SMITE with a guy named Thor Playing Thor in clan THOR

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    You know what would make Clash better? If it was a two-lane version of Arena, with a portal on each end of the lane. And then maybe jungle camps in the corners of the map. Or maybe the portals start close to each other, but as a team gets closer to victory they get pushed back towards the enemy's team's base so it's harder to get there.

*coughs*

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Holy shit, I can't believe that game just happened... I just finished a 3v3, I'm still grinding AMC (double worshippers, woo!), second guy picks a mage, I don't remember which, and the third guy starts rapidly switching between Guan Yu, Geb, Kumbha, He Bo and whatever else is in that area. At the last second, the guy who had a mage switches to Ratatoskr and the rapidly switching guy settles on Guan Yu right before it locks in. Well that's just great. The enemy team is... Artemis, Serqet, Ah Puch? Seriously, what in the fuck is this game.

We get invaded at our red buff, Guan Yu dies, though we did down the red, no one picked it up because of the enemies there, but at least they didn't get it. Apparently that made Guan Yu go troll mode and he proceeds to just run into the enemy team and die or try fighting people by himself in the jungle when he's already low level, including one time when he said in chat that he was going into their fountain... ran up the jungle, ulted at their phoenix and dove right into their base and died. The Ratatoskr isn't much better, before 5 minutes Guan has died 5 times and Ratatoskr has died once, with no kills for our side.

At one point, I killed Serqet solo when I was going for my purple buff and she fought me, badly, and lost. A little while after that she whispers me something like 'fucking hacker', but I don't respond, because I'm trying to play this lost cause of a game. Fast forward a bit, I'm 9-0 and several levels higher than the enemy team, we've taken their tower, but after that they managed to take ours (though I got a double kill off of it). We attempt to assault their phoenix when they have 2 down, but Serqet jumps on me, ults me and kills me so we have to back off. I'm full build by this point because of all the extra gold from kills, and they go to ambush us right outside of our phoenix, Ratatoskr dies but I get a double kill and Artemis is trying to run, would've had the triple if she wasn't so squirrelly but Guan got it instead, deicide, we rush up the lane, murder the phoenix and take the titan in a 22 minute game. At this point, Guan is 3-15 and Ratatoskr is 4-6, I ended up 12-1.

In the post match lobby, the Serqet continues to go on about how I'm a hacker, I asked her what she meant and she said that I shouldn't be doing that much damage at such a low level. Now, I'd have to see a replay to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I had a couple of kills or so by that point and I was probably at least 2 if not 3 levels higher than the Serqet at the time we fought. I also had a Hive up when we were fighting and had lifesteal by that point. I'm not really sure what the hell she expected, playing the lowest health god in the game, but whatever. I'm also pretty positive you can't hack damage anyway, since that stuff is determined by the server. I just can't believe I was able to carry that shit, though it probably comes down to the enemy team having no support type character at all. My teammates were a 2 man party and the enemy team was a 3 man party, none of them in the same clan as one another.

• Options
    Not a bad first day of the event weekend, I actually got all six normal first wins in a row after starting with one Assault loss. Not too bad. iDusa get! On Conquest I ended up in mid with Medusa, because my team was silly and while I called ADC, they wanted to duo. Our Jungler was a Sol. Fortunately for us, their mid Agni DC'd, which is probably the only thing that lead to us winning because that could've gotten really rough.

Also, if you're curious you can only get 1 chest roll for 3 first wins of the day, if you get another 3 after that, no chest roll, which is what I figured from how it was phrased, but I wasn't totally sure because last time they did chest rolls you could earn more than one.

Anyway, from my chest roll I got the spring ward skin, which I think is a bunny? And from getting iDusa, I got the Tier 2 Ah Muzen Cab skin, so that's kind of cool. Though I should end up with diamond AMC tomorrow and will be done with him, thank god.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
  • Options
    man who cares about esports twitch has happy little trees now

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    man who cares about esports twitch has happy little trees now

I'm listening to Bob Ross while watching the stream.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    haunted colosseum is fun

• Options
    the totally random motd can be cruel sometimes

but sometimes it hands me odin with cooldowns so low my ult is basically always up and then lets me completely shut down a hercules

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I got an odin/agni team earlier.
    the agni finished with almost 30 kills

• Options
    apparently one of the modes you can get is all bacchus with every ability turned off except bellyflop

• Options
    The MotD I got was basically Assault's ruleset on the Conquest map. We got random gods, started at level 5, there were no jungle camps and backing was disabled, though you could run back to base to heal/buy. It was... weird, we did eventually win though, so that's the only one I got.

I did hear about all Janus on Arena with only the Ult enabled and some high CDR, basically dodgeball, which sounded pretty cool. I also heard about all Kumbha with only Ult enabled, which sounded like a pain.

Things didn't go quite as smoothly tonight for wins, Assault took several tries, Siege took several as well, Conquest took 5 tries, and when I finally got a win, it did that thing where the Victory screen just sort of hangs for a long time before taking you to the post-game lobby, and despite getting my 100 favor for the FWotD bonus, I didn't get the gems and it didn't recognize the FWotD as being done for Conquest. By this point it was nearly 1am, so I wasn't going to try to get another one.

God damn people are bad at Conquest.

• Options
    Well, today went much better than yesterday for wins, basically just lost one 3v3 and some MotDs. Today's MotD seems to just be Arena, random pick with 90% CDR and infinite mana. This leads to some broken as shit comps like the enemy team getting Ares, Khepri and Loki. Khepri can literally chain pull someone, keeping them silenced to death, Ares is Ares, and Loki can ult kill people about every 5 seconds and then be perma-invisible the rest of the time. Oh, also I got Ravana. Amusingly, I did the best on my team despite never playing him before.

Ah well, I got enough for the Khepri/Inuki voice packs and my chest roll from that was Ratatoskr's voice pack, which I wanted, and my chest roll from the 3 wins was the UFO ward skin. Which is weird because I think if you buy the Ah Puch skin, you get that ward with it, don't you? I really wish I had bought the AP skin instead of the Loki skin back when I had 400 gems before the event... because now I have a Halloween chest roll I can't use, and if I would've bought the AP combo I wouldn't have gotten that ward skin. Ah well.

I *might* try Conquest a little later, but I have a Broncos game to watch and after that is going to be a bit late. If I can get a win, it would be my 1000th win, which would be amusing, but eh.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty disappointed with the Inuki voice pack. Repetitive lines, poor audio mixing and the energy doesn't match his Top 5 videos. Asking him to slow it down really takes some of the personality away. I'm looking forward to the Khepri VP though. He's usually a fun bug.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed with the Inuki voice pack. Repetitive lines, poor audio mixing and the energy doesn't match his Top 5 videos. Asking him to slow it down really takes some of the personality away. I'm looking forward to the Khepri VP though. He's usually a fun bug.

I got the announcer packs and put on the Inuki one right before doing the MotD yesterday, which was so chaotic that I couldn't even really pay much attention to it. I thought it was 'okay', what I did hear of it anyway. I've heard a little of the Khepri voice pack in some videos and streams, also seemed pretty good. I believe I also got Khepri's voice pack in one of my chest rolls over the weekend, and got Ratatoskr's which I think I mentioned. Not that I play him, but the VP is pretty sweet.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Oh man, well it was just one night, but I decided to give Hou Yi another shot to see if I should grind with him as my next hunter. I was using a bit of a weird build, but it actually worked out pretty well. The build is technically a 1v1 Joust build that was developed, but it sort of works in other modes ok.

You start Death's Toll and Short Bow, then you back at 1100 and upgrade Short Bow to Ichaival. Next you get the Ninja Tabi for more attack speed, then you grab Soul Eater, for your lifesteal, more attack speed and HP. Your next item should be Fatalis, for movement, attack speed and chase potential, then you get Frostbound Hammer for more HP and opponent slowing. Next you look at selling your Death's Toll or Ichaival and grab, usually an Executioner, for more attack speed and some penetration. After selling Death's Toll or Ichaival, whichever you still have, your last item tends to be fairly situational, if you have a lot of high HP targets, you can grab Qin's Sais, if you happen to need anti-healing you can grab Brawler's Beatstick for a little more flat penetration. If nothing else, and you want crit, you can pretty easily pick up Deathbringer, most likely over Rage.

Hou Yi has the lowest base attack speed in the game, but with all this bullshit you tend to be up around something like 2.0 to 2.18, so you're basically a machine gun. No one can really escape you 1v1 since you slow them two times a second and can chase them at full speed. The reason the build kind of works is because Hou Yi's Mark of the Golden Crow, at rank 5, gives you basically a free Titan's Bane on that target. You also do more damage to the target the more HP they're missing. So you want to make sure you get your Mark on the person you're attacking. If you can get bounces on your Ricochet, it can still do pretty good damage, especially on the same target.

I did alright in Arena with it, though it is where the build is probably weakest, since it's so much harder to get any bounces. Did fine in 3v3 Joust and did pretty fine in Siege as well.

The build can also work for certain other gods, like Kali, who gets free penetration against her target (though you definitely want the Qin's Sais on her, because of her attack chain), and Bakasura, because of the true damage on his Butcher Blades. It's interesting, but weird for sure, sometimes referred to as 'That One Guy's Build', by TydeTyme, a Masters Joust player who got destroyed by it and started using it to see if it really worked.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blizzcon today (well, today for me).

Hope there's some pants-shittingly cool HotS News.

Come back to me TDOT.

I'll play Smite.

I'll play whatever you want if we can just be a family again.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    HOTS is getting it's own Random Hero Arena mode.

And Graymane, A dryad, and two player Cho'gall

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Huh, Tracer from Overwatch has been announced as a hero for HotS, but wasn't in the trailer they showed.

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    and two player Cho'gall
    ehhh?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Two players control Cho'Gall. And they discribed the way players can "gift" other players Cho'gall if the second players doesn't own the character.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh, it was because they were saving it for when talking about Overwatch.

Cho'Gall is basically the same as a decade old WoW april fools joke.

Peewi on
  • Options
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Arena is basically ARAM except you pick from three randomly chosen heroes (even ones you don't own) along and pick an ult at the beginning of the match. The maps is definitely small (like 1.5 lanes maybe) and has like one objective and random layouts.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So it's like the one good version of ARAM ever.

Cho'Gall: member of Team Rocket confirmed.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options