Options

[Weightlifting] thread where everyone is cool to each other

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Happy birthday shaz

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    okay 350lb set, any better than last time?

https://youtu.be/RnaAGLzYn2M

i set my feet closer to hip width than shoulder width. also started with the bar 1 inch from my shins.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    It's a complex carb - which as far as I know means you can eat infinite amounts.

That's good. I think I did.

• Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    http://whatanimaldoyoulift.herokuapp.com/

Animal-based lifting planner

Well, that sure gives new meaning to "cheetah curls".

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Baby giraffe

I am ashamed

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Baby giraffe

I am ashamed

I got "Female Emperor Penguin" in one case. Which is both a little humbling, because of sheer lack of majesty, and educational, because I had no idea whatsoever they weighed that much.

• Options
    Today is last day of weightlifting championships. Probably gonna see the biggest lifts today.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Piss poor day of deadlifting. Worked up to 160kg in both sumo and conventional but just couldn't make the 170kg lift.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Hit a front squat PR - 100kgx2

Unfortunately I uploaded the wrong video to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsV1g_aCGpE

And because it seems that my sticking point for bench is at the midway point I threw in some floor presses as well and worked my way up 140kg for a single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBpil1P8-Io

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Dunno if you guys saw but Kiril Sarychev broke the raw bench record twice in the same meet. He put up a vid that has the best angles, the 727.5 is at 5:55 and the 738.5 is at 8:52. They are both legit pauses and that 727.5 was incredible, the new record was good too but that second attempt is ungodly fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klxXDtI4S8g

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Jesus!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Oh yeah? Well my birthday landed on an A day and I still did even though I really didn't want to!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    USAW released the new qualifying totals for 2016: looks like the 105kg weight class total jumped up 20kg to 299 overall.
    Time to get huge!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my squat shoes are out for delivery

i hope i got the right size, hrm, i might've gotten a half size too small but let's hope they fit and i don't need to exchange em

poo
  • Options
    It's always time to get huge.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    my squat shoes are out for delivery

i hope i got the right size, hrm, i might've gotten a half size too small but let's hope they fit and i don't need to exchange em

You want them snug and tight.

• Options
    MethuselahMethuselah United StatesRegistered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    okay 350lb set, any better than last time?

https://youtu.be/RnaAGLzYn2M

i set my feet closer to hip width than shoulder width. also started with the bar 1 inch from my shins.

It looks better than before.

Three small things which I think you could improve:
    1. Squeeze into position even harder to get your back as flat as possible. I often tell the people I train with that a well-executed pull is nearly all setup; if you can get so tight that it sucks before the weight is even off the floor, you're in good shape.

2. Cue the lats from the start. I see the bar get a bit in front of you off the floor, especially on rep four. This will make it a lot tougher to stay in braced extension.

3. This may not be possible, since you look pretty short-torso'd, but I'd drop the hips about 1". You may have to start half an inch further from the bar.

• Options
    Not Pro tip: playing Guitar Hero Live before lifting is good, gets your brain going and fired up.

Gave front squats another crack, still fuck that shit, but then I tried some high bar closer stance squats in my oly shoes and yeah, that's going to be my go to secondary lift on deadlift days. Felt it in my quads like whoa, gonna Platz these noodles up.

• Options
    MethuselahMethuselah United StatesRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Not Pro tip: playing Guitar Hero Live before lifting is good, gets your brain going and fired up.

Gave front squats another crack, still fuck that shit, but then I tried some high bar closer stance squats in my oly shoes and yeah, that's going to be my go to secondary lift on deadlift days. Felt it in my quads like whoa, gonna Platz these noodles up.

I've been squatting high bar close stance for four weeks now, with light days being 5x10. Soon all I'll be able to wear are short shorts and pajamas.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Methuselah wrote: »

I've been squatting high bar close stance for four weeks now, with light days being 5x10. Soon all I'll be able to wear are short shorts and pajamas.

My greatest fear at the office is that someone will throw a shiny penny in front of me...

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Check it out, for all of your muscly thigh needs. They just wrapped up a kick starter to make Chinos and shorts as well.

http://barbellapparel.com/

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Price and ordering clothes online is intimidating, but boy is the thought of a pair of jeans that fit in the legs without being massive in the waist tempting

Someone go buy some and give us a review

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Now if only they would make button up shirt, that I actually could button in the neck without it being a tent, I would be so grateful.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    So doing deadlifts yesterday and something made a popping noise in my wrist as I was bringing the weight off the floor. Today there is a persistent pain in that wrist.

Any ideas on what it could be and how long a period of the pain not going away justifies a doctors visit?

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Dis' wrote: »
    So doing deadlifts yesterday and something made a popping noise in my wrist as I was bringing the weight off the floor. Today there is a persistent pain in that wrist.

Any ideas on what it could be and how long a period of the pain not going away justifies a doctors visit?

Two weeks of not being able to use it is where I would call it in and see a physio. But it depends what kind of pain it is, how severe it is, whether you have any movement limitations etc. If it's not working properly, drop any exercises that aggravate it for a week and see if it heals.

Edit: but keep in mind that I'm a moron when it comes to injuries

TheRealBadger on
  • Options
    Ah, apparently the foot problem that plagues me is synovitis. Got the steroid shot in my toe yesterday. Today I feel fucking awesome.

• Options
    Is that separate to gout or are they the same thing?

• Options

It could be related, more likely to be symptomatic of arthritis.

Tenovitis apparently is related to gonorrhea bacteria and boy that would be a surprise.

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Pulled three 420 singles today, felt real good.

• Options
    Price and ordering clothes online is intimidating, but boy is the thought of a pair of jeans that fit in the legs without being massive in the waist tempting

I am curious about the fit too, but not just for the leg room. Leg room is all well and good but my hips are between 5 and 6 inches bigger than my waist due to my giant ass and may I join the ladies of the world in wishing that someone would solve that problem.

• Options
    I almost weigh 150 lbs!

Up 20 lbs since the beginning of the year!

... with a decent bit of fat gain but hey at least I am stronger too

poo
  • Options
    Now I wouldn't say that it went up easy, and I wouldn't say I had to do it twice because my dumb ass spotter put his hands on the first time and I definitely wouldn't say that I tweaked something in my lower back, but I will say that I got a 150kg bench press PR today.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular

I am curious about the fit too, but not just for the leg room. Leg room is all well and good but my hips are between 5 and 6 inches bigger than my waist due to my giant ass and may I join the ladies of the world in wishing that someone would solve that problem.

My waist is 26". My hips are 41". The struggle is real. Someday I will throw down the money and get some barbell apparel jeans. Until then, I wear lots of skirts.

• Options
    Kinda thinking I might need a Christmas present. Any suggestions on where to pick up a pair of Ironmaster dumbbells (they seem to be the best reviewed) for maybe a better deal than Amazon? US/PNW area. Most of the sources I know tend to the "solid cast iron" sorts of things.

• Options

It could be related, more likely to be symptomatic of arthritis.

Tenovitis apparently is related to gonorrhea bacteria and boy that would be a surprise.

You had to find out sooner or later.

I'm out with pretty bad golfer's elbow in both elbows at the moment. Can't pick up a 10kg dumbbell or hold a bar on my back without a good amount of pain.

Back squats, deadlifts, rows, chin ups and all dumbbell work is off the menu until next year at the earliest.

It's bad times.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I can usually make do with a safety bar when I've dinged up my shoulders or elbows. You might be able to get some squat volume in with a safety bar.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    I don't have access to one at the moment unfortunately. Wish I did though because it would be perfect. Anyway, I'm getting by okay: front squats, split squats (either Cossack grip or zercher), leg press and a few bits of band work. And I can still bench without any pain.

I can't curl though. Is life even worth living anymore?

• Options
    I don't have access to one at the moment unfortunately. Wish I did though because it would be perfect. Anyway, I'm getting by okay: front squats, split squats (either Cossack grip or zercher), leg press and a few bits of band work. And I can still bench without any pain.

I can't curl though. Is life even worth living anymore?

Curl up and cry - next best thing. I would kill for a safety bar at my gym.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
This discussion has been closed.