As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroics] Young Avengers: The Rising Tide (GAME ON!)

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Sidenote: if you post something, and then go back to edit it with an @ whoever, it doesn't send the notification that they've been bat-signaled. You have to do the @ thing in the original post, regardless if you go back in and edit stuff later on. I've been guilty of this too, in the past. :biggrin:

That being said, I think that it's time for @jdarksun to get down to business.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Apologies, my wife has been out of town for the past week and it has just been me and the kids. Catching up on stuff now.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Ghost-In-The-Machine - 2PP / Invisibility shut down

Dale shielded his eyes as the explosion from Cate's arrow past through him, and nodded to his teammate in thanks. He scanned the biometric readouts from the rest of the team, weighted by typical fight response, then sorted by potential threat. "Next target acquired, MOS has encountered resistance. Moving to assist." Ghost/Dale phased through the warehouse wall, and into a loading forklift on the other side. The heavy machine rumbled to life, then shuddered forward as Dale steered it towards the conflict.
    Geth, roll 1d10;1d8;1d8;1d10 for Buddy; Compulsive Hacker; Cybernetic Senses; Vehicle Master to drive a forklift into the bodguard

Edit: Sigh, rolled a 1. 13 w/ d10 effect.

Buddy; Compulsive Hacker; Cybernetic Senses; Vehicle Master to drive a forklift into the bodguard:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Doom Pool: 2d8; 2d6

The Bodyguard looked up to see the forklift heading straight for him. "Mr. Fawn, get out of the car, NOW!" the bodyguard yelled just before the forklift slammed into him and pinned in between it and the SUV. Mr. Fawn rolled out of the other side, blood running down his face. "The hell... why?"

Suddenly, Jack's voice came through the comms. "Mr. Fawn doesn't check out completely. He was terminated as a curator for the Museum about a year ago. But he's bank account has a lot of large figure checks that bounced in to it within the last year. Wait... You guys need to get out of there. I'm detecting a large group of about 15 cars and... a helicopter heading your way. Not police, I'm getting no chatter from the scanners. Collect the artifacts if you got time and take their truck. Grab Mr. Fawn and the Bodyguard too. I want to know who they are working for. But be quick about it. You got about five minutes before they are on top of you. Less if the Helicopter moves ahead of them."

Ms Marvel looks up to see the thug she was fighting has run out a back door of the warehouse and down a dark alley way.

Solo d8, I Got a Job to Do d8, Combat Expert d8

Buying your d10, combining it with the other d10 to make a d12 and spending 2d12 to end the scene and set up the next one... Muhahahaha. You are now in a very short Transition scene. You can try to roll to recover wounds, fix your limits, and do what you want with the artifacts, Mr. Fawn, and Max the Bodyguard.

11 d8

Geth roll 3#1d8

3#1d8 3 # 5 [1d8=5] 6 [1d8=6] 3 [1d8=3]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Boom-Boom (2PP)

"So...do we have like a getaway car or what?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Most of the artifacts are in boxes inside or just outside a van in the warehouse.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Hawkeye [3 PP]

Katie forces herself up to her feet, collapsing her bow and snapping it into a holder on her hip. Leaning against the wall she can finally check the extent of her wound. Feeling around her back for the exit wound. Good, through and through. Just a flesh wound, like I thought.

"Well, that was fun. We should really do that again some time."

She turns to Boom-Boom, "Umm, no, we're SHIELD. Now take them into custody and start investigating."

@Grunt's Ghosts How do I roll to recover from this bullet hole? I suppose I'll need to narrate through fiction, as well? Like EMTs show up and patch Katie or something.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Yeah, you can roll a recovery roll vs. the Doom Pool. If you beat it, you will lower your stress by your effect die.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Ghost-In-The-Machine - 2PP / Invisibility shut down

Dale pointed to the van. "Load the boxes and the prisoners. I'll drive, but first require assistance. Salvador," queried Dale as he approached the shifted agent. "The matrix that powers my reflective camouflage is carrying an excess current preventing me from activating it. Please help in the diagnostic."
    Geth, roll 1d10;1d4;1d10;1d8 for Recovering Invisibility - Buddy, Ghostlok Prototype (+1PP), Invisibility, Tech Expert

Edit: 15 w/ d8 vs. Doom Pool.
    Doom Pool: 9 w/ d8, Success.

Do you want us to roll the Doom Pool? Edit: Yes, done.
    New header: Ghost-In-The-Machine - 3PP

Recovering Invisibility - Buddy, Ghostlok Prototype (+1PP), Invisibility, Tech Expert:
    1d10 5 [1d10=5]
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]
    1d10 10 [1d10=10]
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Yeah, you can roll Doom Pool.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Geth, roll 1d8;1d8;1d6;1d6 for Opposition

Opposition:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Okay, I think I get it.

Hawkeye 3PP

Katie slumps down on some pallets and grunts, gritting her teeth. She reaches into her supplies and takes out an field injector, stapler, and some dressing. She checks to make sure everyone is occupied as she starts to zip down her bodysuit. The top slumps off her shoulders so she can get easy access to the wound, still mostly decent thanks to her sports bra. Recalling her training with Agent Romanov, Katie cleans the wound then takes the injector and plunges it the needle into her flank, holding in the squeels of pain. Suck it up, Hawkeye. God, I hope no one heard that. The injector contained a blended cocktail of antibiotics, coagulants, and localize anesthetics. Sighing deeply she pinches the entry then staples it shut, repeating the process for the exit. This was less bad thanks to the painkillers. The next part she would need some help...

Seeing her not busy, Katie tries to catch Boom-Boom's attention.

"Psst. Tabby... Come here. The hard part is over but I need a little help dressing this wound. Can you help me?"

@dresdenphile

d10 Buddy, d8 Chip On Her Shoulder, d8 Enhanced Stamina, d8 Covert Expert

Minion roll 1#1d10;3#1d8

1#1d10 1 # 4 [1d10=4]
    3#1d8 3 # 8 [1d8=8] 3 [1d8=3] 5 [1d8=5]

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Well... that's not great. I'll spend a PP to keep the 4, 8 and 5. Reduces my PP to 2.

So that's 17 w/ d8 effect die.

Minion roll 2#1d8;2#1d6 for Doom Pool

Edit: WOW! Good thing I spent that PP. My 17 still beats the 16, recovering my d8 Physical stress?

Doom Pool:
    2#1d8 2 # 8 [1d8=8] 8 [1d8=8]
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 5 [1d6=5]

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Using a buddy to help allows them to add a Speciality die to your pool with recovery (like making an assist.) So dresdenphile can add a Medic speciality if she has it or figure out another speciality that would work. If you have a power that could work too, you can add it also.

Edit: Either way, a d8 will reduce your stress to none.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Majestic Orb Spider -PP2

The collision of forklift and vehicle was surprisng and a little more extreme than he was expecting. Now his friends were trying to pull themselves together and get to safety. He was glad that Dale had offered to drive, he certainly didn't know how. Majestic Orb Spider placed a hand on Mr. Fawn's shoulder and began leading him to the van.

"To the van Mr. Fawn and quickly."

Making sure I read recover correctly. My D10 EH would step back to D8 EH and then I can roll for recovery? I don't think my Power Sets or Specialties would help recover from that. Sorry for all the questions.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Yes (I forgot they step back one once a Transition scene starts.) You could roll Warrior Monk and Mystic Expert with a Solo die to calm your chi and center yourself. Or whatever Immortal Weapons do.

• Options
    Majestic Orb Spider -PP2

While walking Majestic Orb Spider took a long breath. Even if the area wasn't exactly quiet, he was able to re-focus his attention onto himself. The rest of the alley way faded to darkness for a second. To outsiders it looked like he blinked, internally was trying to burn away the lingering doubts about the mission.

Recovery roll (D8 EH)
    Solo 10, Warrior Monk 8, Mystic Expect 8

Geth roll 1#1d10;2#1d8

1#1d10 1 # 2 [1d10=2]
    2#1d8 2 # 3 [1d8=3] 7 [1d8=7]

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Geth roll 2#1d8;2#1d6 for Doom Pool

Doom Pool:
    2#1d8 2 # 5 [1d8=5] 7 [1d8=7]
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 2 [1d6=2]

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    The huge, hulking beast begins to shrink, it's features becoming less alien by degrees until they reform into a fairly average-looking, if well muscled and completely naked, teenage boy.

Blushing furiously, Salvador ducks behind the wrecked vehicle.

"Can, um, can someone toss me my pants? Please?"

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Ms. Marvel - 1 PP

The adrenaline was still pulsing when the thug unexpectedly up and turned tail. "Um." Kamala paused and stared, how had that happened? She was about to give chase when the new orders came in. "You're lucky that I've got other things, important things..." Kamala deflated slightly as she shook a fist at the dark. However, orders were orders and even Kamala wasn't certain how well she would do against that many vehicles. Trudging back to where the rest of the group was, Kamala began to lift and move some of the loose boxes towards the van outside. She turned to look at Salvador peeking from behind the wreck. "Again? Where did you drop your pants?"

• Options
    Salvador - 3PP

"Somewhere over there," the voice replied extremely unhelpfully, so obviously embarrassed that his face can be heard turning red.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Dale Murphy - 3PP

With the reflective camouflage matrix repaired, Dale was able to power down the rest of the implants. He grabbed a box, and, straining, hefted into the truck. "C'mon, Sal, they're going to be here soon. We've got to go." Dale grabbed the next box. "Katie, get Tabith to dress your wound in the truck," grunted Dale, straining with the effort of the heavy boxes. "They'll be here soon."

Do we need to roll anything to load the artifacts?

• Options
    Boom-Boom

"Yuck. I can look it up on WebMD or something, but I don't have any training in that."

Other than literally bandaging her up, I got nothing Speciality-wise to help Katie out unfortunately.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Hawkeye 2PP

"Oh don't be a baby..." Katie rolls her eyes. "I'm not asking you to suture the wound, or anything. I just need you to wrap my waist so the bandages hold."

You don't need to assist anyway, I already cleared it with the roll.

• Options
    No roll needed to get the boxes in the truck, just something that says you did will work.

• Options
    Ms. Marvel - 1 PP

"Right, over there..." Kamala nodded as she put the box into the van. "Hang on a second there, let me go have a look." Explosions, missing pants, and reinforcements? Sounded like a regular day with the team alright. Kamala wondered how much more yelling they were going to have for the team when they got back to base. Well, at least this time not too many things got too leveled... She sighed as she rummaged through the debris for Salvador's errant pants. "Where are you, Mr. Pants? Come on out... The bad guys are gone..." Kamala rooted through the rest of the warehouse before she found where Salvador had left them. Kamala lifted it up, one leg stained in something oily. It wasn't really her problem now was it? She walked back to the van and turned around letting her arm stretch out and noodle around the car with pants held out. "There you go, one set of floor pants as requested."

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Zoe Carter, 1 pp

Zoe quickly covers up her hands again. Using her Ray of Yuck in the heat of the moment is one thing, but anyone else seeing all that crap . . . well, she'd prefer to avoid that for now. Look, a distraction!

"So, uh, we kind of kicked some ass there, right?"

• Options
    Chimera - 3 PP

After a quick scan to make sure he wasn't being seen, Sal snatched the pants and slipped them on. One of the legs was covered in grease, but at least now his butt was covered at all.

"Thanks."

Emerging from behind the wreckage wearing only the pants, Salvador stepped up beside Kamala to survey the damage.

"We're pretty good at wrecking things."

• Options
    Majestic Orb Spider -PP2

After securing the driver the Majestic Orb Spider goes back for the bodyguard. He looks over to Zoe and if he notices her hiding her hands he doesn't acknowledge it.

"If we don't hurry we'll have plenty more opportunity to kick other people in the asses."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Hawkeye

Rising herself to her feet, Katie pull her top up over her sports bra but doesn't put her arms into the sleeves or zip back up. Screw it... we're soldiers. It shouldn't be a big deal. She thrusts the wrapping into M.O.S.'s hands as she climbs back into truck. "Here," she says, "maybe you can figure out how to work these."

Taking a seat she lets her top fall back down to her waist and holds up her arms, waiting expectantly.

• Options
    Majestic Orb Spider -PP2

Majestic Orb Spider had just dropped the body guard into the van when Hawkeye pushed the roll of wrapping into his hands. He had never taken more than the most basic medical studies, but he was very familar with taping/wrapping. During training and sparring he routinely taped his own wrists and ankles; getting a tight wrap would be no problem.

Or it would have been no problem if he was doing it to himself. He wasn't wrapping himself. As soon as his hands on touched Hawkeye's waist he froze. His face was suddenly very warm and he was glad half of it was covered by a mask. There was just a hint of that nervousness in his voice as he said, "This will just take a moment."

He was completely unphased by the bullet wound, the rest of the girl it belonged to manage to make his hands shake a little bit as he started wrapping. Internally he chastised himself and tried to repeat one of his centering techniques. He still looked unsure when the job was finished. It was far from a professional seal, but the wrappings were tight enough to hold.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Hawkeye

Smirking she notices the slight tremble of Majestic Orb Spider's hands. Well, now Katie just has to tease him. As he finishes, she puts her arms through her sleeves and zips herself back up with a sigh.

"Thanks. Maybe next time we can leave the bandages out," Katie winks.

This may satisfy my Young Hearts Spark Fires milestone.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Dale Murphy - 3PP

Metal screeching on metal interrupted the flirting, as Dale nearly dropped one of the heavy crates. The young man flushed crimson as he desperately avoided looking towards Katie and Majestic Orb Spider. "I got it," he mumbled. "I got it. C'mon, let's go."

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Majestic Orb Spider -PP2

"I..ah..um.." The loud screech of metal seemed to come exactly at the right time. He looked to Dale and nodded, "Ready when you are."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    My internet is going to be spotty until Thursday so if you guys want to see what you think you've earned for XP while we wait for my stuff go ahead.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Zoe Carter, 1 pp

"Yeah, let's blow this joint. I'm overdue for a bowl of EasyMac." Zoe keeps her gaze well away from Hawkeye and Spider. Not judging, just doesn't want to get involved in what is either an incipient hot mess or just a guy getting teased. (And maybe a little bit of bitterness that she can't wear anything like that.)
    1 xp for using the neural ray.

• Options
    Artist Joel Carroll did a Majestic Orb Spider for me.

Majestic%252520Orb%252520Spider.jpg

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ms. Marvel - 1 PP

"That we most certainly are." Kamala took a look around as well looking at the warehouse. While it didn't look as bad as the place from last time, it still looked pretty bad. Kamala mentally cringed at the memory of diving through the skylight, she hadn't helped matters at all. "So much damage, Kane's still going to yell at us isn't he?"
    1 XP from 'I Want To Be Like You!'

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Boom-Boom - 2PP

Tabitha hops into the van and immediately goes back to her phone. "If the Notorious MOS and Hawkeye are done kicking off the Jim and Pam "will they won't they" storyline, we should probably bail."

I figure a 3, 2, 1... XP point is in order.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png