[ARK: Survival Evolved] PA Server is LIVE! Deets in OP.

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Decomposey wrote: »
    So with the help of @Kalnaur and @Karoz, I made myself a new friend.

d2oKVPD.jpg

It was pretty and level 81 and I couldn't resist it.

However, I already had a tamed pair of Spinos. I just wanted something a bit beefier (higher level).

So instead of having my original female sit there doing nothing, I am making her useful. Anyone who doesn't have an apex predator like a Spino or T-Rex can have my level 45. She's almost fully trained at this point and fairly well rounded. (you might want some more stamina)

Reply to this post if you want her.

Well, as the last free-to-good-home dino I obtained from the Warboyz has been a boon to my entire tribe, I would gladly to rehouse another. And since we just finished a behemoth gate yesterday, that means we'd actually be able to accommodate her!

And if anyone cares, Chrome the raptor that was the first free-to-good-home dino I obtained is still alive and well.

Remind me where you live, I'll get it delivered tonight after work.

Southwest island, just up the hill from Kalnaurs eternally partially finished construction.

And yay! This means I can make my tribe members pee themselves a little bit when they wake up to find it staring at them.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So with the help of @Kalnaur and @Karoz, I made myself a new friend.

d2oKVPD.jpg

It was pretty and level 81 and I couldn't resist it.

However, I already had a tamed pair of Spinos. I just wanted something a bit beefier (higher level).

So instead of having my original female sit there doing nothing, I am making her useful. Anyone who doesn't have an apex predator like a Spino or T-Rex can have my level 45. She's almost fully trained at this point and fairly well rounded. (you might want some more stamina)

Reply to this post if you want her.

Well, as the last free-to-good-home dino I obtained from the Warboyz has been a boon to my entire tribe, I would gladly to rehouse another. And since we just finished a behemoth gate yesterday, that means we'd actually be able to accommodate her!

And if anyone cares, Chrome the raptor that was the first free-to-good-home dino I obtained is still alive and well.

Remind me where you live, I'll get it delivered tonight after work.

Southwest island, just up the hill from Kalnaurs eternally partially finished construction.

And yay! This means I can make my tribe members pee themselves a little bit when they wake up to find it staring at them.

Oh that's super close, I can do that before work.

-edit-

Done, the saddle is on your fabricator. (there's currently a weird bug with unclaimed dinos and saddles, so I took it off)

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Looks like SotF will be released to the public in just 10 days, august 13th

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • azhaisazhais Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Everything should be fine as long as you originally own all the dinos and built the base yourself.

Yeah, anything with you as the "personal owner" will transfer with you. People on the official forums were complaining about it because one pillar in the middle of a giant stack was owned by a former tribe member which completely blocked them from building anything in their own base because of a "hostile foundation". They had to C4 half their base to fix it and rebuild.

steam_sig.png
    Karoz wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Is that the Spino that the Joker is going to use to kill Batman?

Yes.

Also, thanks to Karoz and MuddBudd And the other guy who was running primes before I got there (taming raptor for Ais), I now have a level 120 (as of taming, it's gained a few levels since) Rex.

I named her Atropos. Pictures can come through tomorrow. For now, sleep.

Glad to hear it all worked out! Though I did have the sudden realization when I woke up that you were taming in a pen entirely built by me and I wasn't there. Glad to see you guys found a way out one way or another. I came back this morning and tore the rest down.

Edit: Also Jane (don't know your forum/Steam name) I found Nimbus outside my place. I've parked her in my stables and set her to passive in case you're looking for her.

Yeah until we thought to use axes on the foundation of that entrance, it was entirely possible the Rex was spending the night there. Valuable lesson learned for future tames.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    @Karoz Thanks for that. I crashed out and it took a couple hours to fix the problem.

In other news, how crazy are the trilobites? In about 30 minutes I farmed up over 500 chitin, over 100 oil and almost a hundred silica pearls just from riding my spino up and down the beach.

edited August 2015
    Hellbore wrote: »
    @Karoz Thanks for that. I crashed out and it took a couple hours to fix the problem.

In other news, how crazy are the trilobites? In about 30 minutes I farmed up over 500 chitin, over 100 oil and almost a hundred silica pearls just from riding my spino up and down the beach.

I did a tour of the coastlines the other night and honestly I may never need chitin again. It's weirdly easier to the West and East though. South shores I had a lot of issues. Or maybe I just wasn't very good at spotting them yet.

-edit-

And Spinos are amazing for it too due to being amphibious.

MuddBudd on
  • ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Decided to take the plunge today and pick this up. Dicked around on official server 63 for a couple of hours. Died a few times to the wildlife before finally staking my meagre claim on a little hill. Built a thatch hut with a bit of storage. I'm sure I'll log on tomorrow and everything will be destroyed.

There's some pretty hefty lag going down, but overall I'm enjoying myself. I'll likely hop onto the PA server in the next few days and check things out.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Karoz Thanks for that. I crashed out and it took a couple hours to fix the problem.

Edit: Oohhhh Nimbus. Glad that was taken care of. Just confused me seeing her there.

Trilobites are totally crazy though.

Karoz on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I've seen some argument as to if the trilos should be "nerfed" or not on the game's Steam forums, in specific some annoyance at the ease with which one can get oil and even more pointedly how easy you can get resources with large apex predators. My point would be that if you happen to be riding a spino or a rex and farming trilos, you are either a higher level or are part of a tribe who is, or have been the recipient of immense good will and you should be able to farm chitin, oil and pearls with relative ease on the ocean floor or off it.

Personally, I find them giving small to medium amounts of oil to be good for those needing to make things like jerky without the ability to invest too much in diving (or a terrible fear of underwater places).

Also, taking a bit of a break, should be back Wednesday. If you want to check my dinos for eggs in the interim, be my guest, tribemates! :biggrin:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to jump on and say thanks to everyone who helped me out today. I did better than I have ever managed in single player, with para (since deceased), Phiomia, Trike AND a Dilo all tamed! Now I just need to grind out some more xp and build WOOD things!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Sheeee believesssss she can flyyyyyyyy she Bellllieveeeesss she can touchhhhh the skyyyy:

http://i.imgur.com/t5QOxOr.jpg

Sheee dreammmms abouttt it nightttttt and dayyyyy

After one Disastrous failure, i spent a couple hours further preparing and went once again into the deep dark... although i forgot my spyglass on my Carno (he was the baggage boy, carrying all the junk to the sharks for loading) i managed across *three* Plesies in a group... a 35, 45(ish?) and a 56! in the confusion of killing two off i accidentally killed the 56 but managed to snag the 45(ish?) one! and after some delicious (apparently...) kibble, and primes i managed to get i think 9 or 10? levels...

But as the screenshot shows my pen is apparently alittle shallow for her but she is managing alright... you apparently need to kind of aim 'upwards' to keep them underwater when on the surface.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • ybnormalmanybnormalman Registered User regular
    1IDGEhO.jpg

Extra thanks to Mudzgut and Santika for helping me tame this gorgeous beast tonight! Took him for a stomp around the northwest quarter, and it was the first time I've had the sun set in Ark and I didn't feel utterly compelled to beeline for home :)

Incoming in next patch: Stone Behemoth Gate. So I'll wait on making that second metal one . . . and probably replace the current metal one when it comes out.

Also, it sadly looks like trilos are possibly getting the nerfbat in the next patch, so stock up while you can . . .

edited August 2015
    Incoming in next patch: Stone Behemoth Gate. So I'll wait on making that second metal one . . . and probably replace the current metal one when it comes out.

Also, it sadly looks like trilos are possibly getting the nerfbat in the next patch, so stock up while you can . . .

Yeah... hopefully they don't hit them too hard...

Also... whoevers base is at 22, 69 your dinos are really close to starving... i'll try fly some berries and such down to them but, yeah... its up north with a small lake in the middle with your base on a ridge.

Also also, whoevers (looks like mojojojojojojo) base is at 14, 68 up north ontop of a cliff up against the ocean, some of your dino's have starved and the others are really close to it... i'll also try run some food upto them.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »

Also... whoevers base is at 22, 69 your dinos are really close to starving... i'll try fly some berries and such down to them but, yeah... its up north with a small lake in the middle with your base on a ridge.

Also also, whoevers (looks like mojojojojojojo) base is at 14, 68 up north ontop of a cliff up against the ocean, some of your dino's have starved and the others are really close to it... i'll also try run some food upto them.

That sounds like North base which has been abandoned for weeks. I'll swing by and see whats left.

That sounds like North base which has been abandoned for weeks. I'll swing by and see whats left.

They should be okay for abit, i set up troughs and topped most of them out, i'll go back later tonight/tomorrow to max them all out... maybe we should re-home them or?

1Gn4PNI.png

They should be okay for abit, i set up troughs and topped most of them out, i'll go back later tonight/tomorrow to max them all out... maybe we should re-home them or?

Part of me is tempted to start up a Dinosaur Shelter, and take in peoples unwanted dinos, then eventually find them new homes with new players.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular

I'm hesitant to suggest this--especially with structures that aren't my own--but should we focus on a clean up effort on abandoned bases? If not larger bases then definitely the smaller outposts/depots that no longer see as much use to give new players some room to grow?

Or we can wait for that eventual server restart but who knows when we will finally do that.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Tons of tiny thatch shacks along the east coast, I havent seen any activity in any of them, some are even incomplete or with walls missing. Sometimes its just a foundation and a campfire nearby. Also, campfires peppered ALL along the coast, sleeping bags and standing torches, but they have insane timers to allow demolition. Should we check names of litter and ask the owner to clean up?

Also, I try to remove everything if I camp in the wild, and have removed everything each time I relocated, but if anyone sees litter belonging to me (Flan) or the tribe (Imperators), let me know so I can go remove it.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    I've left a few campfires around, but mostly because I'm always happy to find one lying around since I'm usually stacked with meat and starving. Do they block off constructions around them like other structures seem to? In that case I'll be more careful about it.
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Tons of tiny thatch shacks along the east coast, I havent seen any activity in any of them, some are even incomplete or with walls missing. Sometimes its just a foundation and a campfire nearby. Also, campfires peppered ALL along the coast, sleeping bags and standing torches, but they have insane timers to allow demolition. Should we check names of litter and ask the owner to clean up?

Also, I try to remove everything if I camp in the wild, and have removed everything each time I relocated, but if anyone sees litter belonging to me (Flan) or the tribe (Imperators), let me know so I can go remove it.

Hey Flan, I'm Chloe on the server! A question: I seem to recall you being able to make Trike saddles? Could you make me one, and could I borrow one of your Trikes tonight to gather the berries to catch one of my own?

• GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I've been demolishing any small shacks I come across that have the demo timer expired on them.

East coast is definitely cluttered with a lot of this stuff. I agree that we should probably start asking the neighbors to demo old homes if they've moved to a newer spot, unless it's like a mining outpost in the mountains or something.

Gashik on
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    I've left a few campfires around, but mostly because I'm always happy to find one lying around since I'm usually stacked with meat and starving. Do they block off constructions around them like other structures seem to? In that case I'll be more careful about it.
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Hey Flan, I'm Chloe on the server! A question: I seem to recall you being able to make Trike saddles? Could you make me one, and could I borrow one of your Trikes tonight to gather the berries to catch one of my own?

Absolutely, say, in about 4 hours or so, I will be online, and I can make you a saddle then. The trikes are near the mountains now, but feel free to use them when they are around.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Alright, gonna give the PA server a try in a few minutes. I'm seeing a ping of like 99+, so hopefully it's not too laggy.

EDIT: Seems fine when I'm logged in.

Reddaye on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'd been holding off on using this metal pick that someone gave me until I had a way to repair it, and now that i've got a refinery I gave it a try.

Holy shit this thing is amazing, it gives so much more stuff.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    New trailer from GamesCon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8ZP7UoRV8

dang, wish I had graphics like that

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited August 2015
    All those steepled buildings, like a village . . . damn them for giving me ideas.

. . . is it bad that what I liked most in the trailer were the buildings? The big battle stuff did not interest me at all.

Well, and the caves look kinda cool. Guess I should visit one one of these days.

Kalnaur on
    All those steepled buildings, like a village . . . damn them for giving me ideas.

. . . is it bad that what I liked most in the trailer were the buildings? The big battle stuff did not interest me at all.

Well, and the caves look kinda cool. Guess I should visit one one of these days.

I desperately want more building parts. I had such building freedom in minecraft and here its hard to do pretty details.

For buildings I want: triangle right angled walls (to go with ramps as slanted roofs), waist high walls (in all the tiers), counters, tables, chairs (including a basic chair of wood and metal tiers and bigger thrones in wood, stone or metal), benches, window planter boxes, (able to be hooked directly in to irrigation), Curtains and rugs (give me something more to do with all those hides), maybe thatch mats . . .

Things to really make a place feel lived in.

Upcoming Version: v193.0, ETA: Tuesday night EDT
    * New Items: Small and Large Bear Traps, for locking players and dinos in their tracks!
    * New Structure: Stone Behemoth Gate
    * New rare "Alpha" T-Rex can be found that is bigger and meaner than the regular T-Rex with distinct color schema, gives a unique cosmetic (and a ton of XP and resources) if you defeat it. It also buffs the resistance and damage of nearby carnos around it due to its Alpha-pack dominating status. You can't tame it... yet... but we'd like feedback on whether the community would be interested in more of this direction.
    * Swimming against water surface with water dinos is now perfectly smooth, doesn't result in a hard-stop of your character.
    * Dealt with the Trilobites' resources
    * Misc Spectator mode improvements (alphabetical player list, no longer considered "idle" for kicking, fixed sometimes getting into spectator mode when not desired, etc)
    * Canteens are no longer consumed when making soups
    * You can now properly enter spectator mode after dying without getting stuck at a black screen
    * More dino blood overlays, & option to disable Dino blood overlays
    * Fixed various server crashes

• GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    Get in there and farm those trilobites while you can!

Damn I was hoping to get some trilobite farming in before the change, but wouldn't be able to get on tonight.

edited August 2015
    In their "upcoming" is the snow and swamp biome, and from this map:

80a3r95vhh9i.jpg

It appears the sort of lake right above Budd is going to turn into a swamp. That should be interesting.

Kalnaur on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The green River line on that map is absolutely crawling with dinos. It will be interesting to see how it changes.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Will this mess with anything built near that line?

I haven't seen a dev word one way or another, but I have my suspicions. Why do you ask?

Are you saying that Bird Swamp is becoming an actual swamp? I can't imagine this is going to be a net positive for our spino/dragonfly populations.

steam_sig.png

I haven't seen a dev word one way or another, but I have my suspicions. Why do you ask?

It would probably wipe out the mountain path, which I find convenient. (although I use it less now that we mine at Red Obelisk)

And anything near the Red Obelisk could be affected too.

Future upcoming stuff:
    A little further out:
    August 13:
    - Competitive "ARK: Survival of the Fittest" game type, with all moddable source
    - "Total Conversion" super-mod system to completely change out core game content

Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles: make your big ♥♥♥ brontos and plesios into mobile bases, build just about anything up from them! Build ladders to climb up onto them, whatever -- the possibilities are nearly endless!!! ;) We originally were gonna limit it to sleeping bags and turrets, but let's just go all-out and make it work with everything, like so:
    (getting every structure type to work with it and be balanced is... interesting :) )

- Swamp Biome & New Cave
    - Snow Biome & New Cave
    - Water Raft
    - Driveable Dune Buggy Modding example (we'll let modders have the first crack at vehicles with this example :)
    - Human and Dino Warpaint
    - Controllable Ballistas/Turrets to place on structures and on the backs of your dinos
    - Primitive Organic Automated Turrets ;)
    - Powered Elevator Structures
    - Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
    - Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
    - Better system for hosting dedicated server mods: now you only need to specify Mod ID's, not maps or paths, and there is automatic built-in downloading & updating of their content, no more manual file copying.

I suspect I know where the swamp cave entrance will be. Sometimes when flying you can see a hole in the world that is covered with indestructible rocks when you get near it. Cave entrances look similar.

I hope you load the organic turrets with poop

steam_sig.png