As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey. How's your day going?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just carry the portrait with you

I feel like that would be rather cumbersome.

I'd rather place it centrally in my apartment and cover it with a piece of velvet.

Just enough to make people curious.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'd rather place it centrally in my apartment and cover it with a piece of velvet.

If it's covered with velvet you just need a frame then. no portrait at all

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    He has to reveal it dramatically and then melt/age rapidly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I am assuming people would peek.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone in the forums who is friends with Keith or likes him a lot should pm me. I'm trying to do something

• Options

then you take them in the back room

and you kill them

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Anyone in the forums who is friends with Keith or likes him a lot should pm me. I'm trying to do something

You could have just said "Anyone in the forums should pm me." Who doesn't like Keith?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

You could have just said "Anyone in the forums should pm me." Who doesn't like Keith?

I don't like him on salads

but in casserole he is to die for

• Options
    oh I thought you said hamburger

what's a keith

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    oh I thought you said hamburger

what's a keith

You gotta pay extra to get a "keith" down on the streetcorner.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't begrudge bikes their right to the road but I do have serious problems with the way some people ride them because they are much harder to see than cars sometimes and I am perpetually scared to death that someone's going to do something unpredictable and I'm going to hit them.

This is easily my biggest worry about cyclists

And then it seems like so many people just refuse to wear a god damn helmet I just want to shake them by the shoulders and ask them what the hell they're thinking

I saw some guy without a helmet fiddling on his phone while cruising down the bike lane this morning and just why would you do that
    Here in Australia wearing a helmet is mandatory. And I'm happy with it.

But in Europe it's optional and they have less accidents with cyclists despite more riders.

This is in part to more motorists also being cyclists and better cycling infrastructure, but they've also done studies and have found that motorists drive more aggressively when all the cyclists on the road are wearing helmets.

So paradoxically not wearing a helmet makes you safer.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I should not have worn this skirt with a rucksack, constant tugging down. Grr.

• Options

then you take them in the back room

and you kill them

Well yes obviously

But shush, I want it to be a surprise

• Options
    a spoooooky surprise!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I should not have worn this skirt with a rucksack, constant tugging down. Grr.

Have you tried giving the skirt a stern talking to?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Well... Only one person messaged me sooooo

• Options

well it did get bottom of paged

• Options
    God damn bottoms! Ruin everything

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't begrudge bikes their right to the road but I do have serious problems with the way some people ride them because they are much harder to see than cars sometimes and I am perpetually scared to death that someone's going to do something unpredictable and I'm going to hit them.

This is easily my biggest worry about cyclists

And then it seems like so many people just refuse to wear a god damn helmet I just want to shake them by the shoulders and ask them what the hell they're thinking

I saw some guy without a helmet fiddling on his phone while cruising down the bike lane this morning and just why would you do that
    Here in Australia wearing a helmet is mandatory. And I'm happy with it.

But in Europe it's optional and they have less accidents with cyclists despite more riders.

This is in part to more motorists also being cyclists and better cycling infrastructure, but they've also done studies and have found that motorists drive more aggressively when all the cyclists on the road are wearing helmets.

So paradoxically not wearing a helmet makes you safer.

Yeah all things being equal, obviously a helmet will help rather than hinder

But since most serious bike accidents involve other vehicles there's a psychological component involved. Ideally bike lane infrastructure would be sufficiently well developed and keep cars and bicycles from having to occupy the same space most of the time, and then you can get the benefits of the helmets without the downside. But shifting accident responsibility onto cyclists ignores the massive destructor power differential involved.

• Options
    God damn bottoms! Ruin everything

so you do like keith or do you not

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    We have less of a jaywalking problem here and more of a people just hanging out in the middle of a road/driveway problem.

I have no idea why it's so appealing to people.

because Australia

related: i added another town to my list of "places I have wandered barefoot for significant distances". Sunnyvale CA is probably one I'm least likely to pick up a disease doing that in.

Except maybe vampirism.

• Options
    That's sunnydale. Totally different. Sunnydale is built over a hellmouth, sunnyvale is built over the five billion takeaway coffee mugs consumed by delusional tech startup founders.

• Options
    Ok so only slightly different.

• Options

I like Keith. Or the idea of keith. I don't really know him that well though.

Mostly he has showed up and shouted penis and asked me to post chest hair pics.

• Options
    I enjoy the (non)-Platonic Ideal of Keith

• Options
    His shenanigans entertain me.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

I like Keith. Or the idea of keith. I don't really know him that well though.

Mostly he has showed up and shouted penis and asked me to post chest hair pics.

what more do you need from a person

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I've had a cough/congestion cold for over a week now. I just can't seem to stop coughing, and now my throat is sore.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Last night I came to an out of nowhere realization that I don't need to accept the weaknesses others have placed on me. My entire adolescence of being excluded from sports for not being athletic/coordinated enough leads to adulthood of being able to keep up fairly well with other men who have been in recreational sports their whole lives. Being told I just plain look weird leading to an adulthood where every month I find a slip of paper with a phone number and a flirty message on it after work. An actual speech impediment in youth I had to go to special classes to get rid of leading to an adulthood where people keep telling me I should go into radio or something with my voice.

the only thing holding me back on all of these is people telling me I could not do them in youth and just not giving them any effort or practice. If I can keep up fairly well after a lifetime of completely abandoning those factors, what could I do if I put some actual effort into them?

this morning I sleep half the day away and likely will make no progress beyond a lingering feeling of regret

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

Have the monthly happy hour for my meetup tonight.

Keep checking the RSVPs hoping the male to female ration doesn't get too bad, but know it probably will.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i genuinely believe dogs might be the best things that exist

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i genuinely believe dogs might be the best things that exist

Hrmm

Well

have I told you about kitties

• Options
    also have I told you about puppies that love kitties?

15900_10204714164361372_6042654536252801214_n.jpg?oh=4dd598e92dd08ecf4d8ea659cac6cb1f&oe=55F836B6

• Options
    Kitties are great too. But given the number of dogs I've met and become instant "bestest best friends forever" with vs. the number of cats with which I've done the same, I gotta give it to the canids.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    also have I told you about puppies that love kitties?

15900_10204714164361372_6042654536252801214_n.jpg?oh=4dd598e92dd08ecf4d8ea659cac6cb1f&oe=55F836B6

Yes, okay this is the actual best.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DOGS ARE THE BEST! NO QUESTION

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    animals that will cuddle with you for as long as you want to cuddle with them are indisputably in the top 5 best things i think we can all agree

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DOGS ARE THE BEST! NO QUESTION

I HAVE SOME VERY QUESTIONS

• Options
    UP WITH KITTIES

• Options
    I love kitties but...dogs man. Dogs.

This discussion has been closed.