Options

[Hearthstone] Tavern Brawls and new heroes are here!

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    I know I'm a bit late, but earlier today we were having a heated discussion about Face Hunters and whether or not such decks are good for the game. Lots of folks have strong feelings both ways about the deck, and I think that's fine, in fact if we all played this game the same way it would be woefully tedious.

But in the interest of contributing something a bit more tangible to the discussion, I'd like to pose a question: how do you deal with Face Hunters and other hyper aggressive decks of its ilk? I think everyone in this thread has been steamrolled by a Hunter or a Zoolock or some other aggro flavor of the month. It's frustrating. But instead of complaining about it, let's be the awesome PA community that we are and brainstorm. Let's share our go-to decks for stomping all over aggro!

Here's mine:
    ih0myx21skkw.jpg

It is extremely simple to play and quite fun. It runs no taunts or healing. And it absolutely stomps all over Face Hunter and Aggro Zoolock. Also has good matchups against Tempo and Mech Mage.

Believe it or not, this deck is actually faster than hunter and zoo. The basic idea is to use your efficient early drops to maintain board control and then use surprise burst from BoM and BoK. Or you can have insane games where on T3 you have 2 4/4s and a 4/3, or by T4 you have 2 Volcanic Drakes on the board. The deck has a lot of burst potential and your opponent will find themselves suddenly dead on T6/7/8. And I think the legendaries are generally replaceable.

Biggest problem is that it's atrocious against Patron Warrior. Since that's like, the top rated deck this week, if you see a lot of those, don't play this deck.

Aggro warrior is faster and murders every deck that has no taunt. I love facing face hunters because they die on turn 5 and they are extremely sad about it.

Explain this "Face Warrior" to me

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    I know I'm a bit late, but earlier today we were having a heated discussion about Face Hunters and whether or not such decks are good for the game. Lots of folks have strong feelings both ways about the deck, and I think that's fine, in fact if we all played this game the same way it would be woefully tedious.

But in the interest of contributing something a bit more tangible to the discussion, I'd like to pose a question: how do you deal with Face Hunters and other hyper aggressive decks of its ilk? I think everyone in this thread has been steamrolled by a Hunter or a Zoolock or some other aggro flavor of the month. It's frustrating. But instead of complaining about it, let's be the awesome PA community that we are and brainstorm. Let's share our go-to decks for stomping all over aggro!

Here's mine:
    ih0myx21skkw.jpg

It is extremely simple to play and quite fun. It runs no taunts or healing. And it absolutely stomps all over Face Hunter and Aggro Zoolock. Also has good matchups against Tempo and Mech Mage.

Believe it or not, this deck is actually faster than hunter and zoo. The basic idea is to use your efficient early drops to maintain board control and then use surprise burst from BoM and BoK. Or you can have insane games where on T3 you have 2 4/4s and a 4/3, or by T4 you have 2 Volcanic Drakes on the board. The deck has a lot of burst potential and your opponent will find themselves suddenly dead on T6/7/8. And I think the legendaries are generally replaceable.

Biggest problem is that it's atrocious against Patron Warrior. Since that's like, the top rated deck this week, if you see a lot of those, don't play this deck.

Aggro warrior is faster and murders every deck that has no taunt. I love facing face hunters because they die on turn 5 and they are extremely sad about it.

Every weapon and charge minion you can find. Apply directly to face. Repeat as often as necessary until you or your opponent is dead.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Goddammit, Head-On is stuck in my head now.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I finally crafted some Ancient of Lores

Someone please point me to good druid deck

Pretty standard combo/fast druid. I'm using Alex because I don't own Cenarius, who would be the typical 9 drop.

uL7G5HJ.jpg

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »

Here's mine:
    ih0myx21skkw.jpg

Every weapon and charge minion you can find. Apply directly to face. Repeat as often as necessary until you or your opponent is dead.

Don't forget owl for those pesky belchers!

Also, my super-value-minions-rez priest just lost to a very similarly built ramp druid pretty much entirely on the back of Malorne. Once you've killed him twice the value is just disgusting.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Getting my ragnaros duplicated is all kinds of fun.

Keep them guessing when you'll drop them again. ;)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I just realized--with good Chromaggus draws you could totally Ragnaros->Innervatex3->Other Ragnaros.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, I used the 700 gold I would have used on Blackrock wings (impatience got the better of me) on cards and got -- a complete load of crap.

Plus, after 30+ attempts, the final boss is still stomping the shit out of me.

Why am I playing this, again?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Well, I used the 700 gold I would have used on Blackrock wings (impatience got the better of me) on cards and got -- a complete load of crap.

Get one of us to spectate and deck build with you.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Speaking of. I FINALLY got that daily. I don't remember the little 4 number at the end of my name though

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I may take you up on that once I'm out of work. What's the best way to share card collections?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Getting my ragnaros duplicated is all kinds of fun.

Keep them guessing when you'll drop them again. ;)

It's better to drop all three at the same time via AS/Reincarnate.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I may take you up on that once I'm out of work. What's the best way to share card collections?

Blizz really needs to get with an armory page for Hearthstone.

• Options
    Had a free moment at work and put together my card collection. If anyone has any specific suggestions for taking down the last Blackrock boss, I'd love to hear them.

• Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    Hey guys!

Is there anyone here I can spectate win a game, I have no active hearthstone friends anymore, and I want the free pack.

blizzard name: walnutmon #1682

or PM me please and thanks!

xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    walnutmon wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Is there anyone here I can spectate win a game, I have no active hearthstone friends anymore, and I want the free pack.

Friend request sent. Spectate any time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hey guys!

OP has a list of players who are happy to let you spectate their games and silently judge them.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hey guys!

OP has a list of players who are happy to let you spectate their games and silently judge them.

Yeah, seems like a lot these days people pop in and out and watch my games, which is just fine with me!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Blizz really needs to remove this stupid 100 friend list cap.
    It's just, silly and overtly limiting as a community considering I, and many others, play a multitude of their games.

Hell, isn't a raid party 40 people or something ridiculous?
    That could be almost half used up from a single game already!

Same with the 9 deck slot limit.
    That's even sillier.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Blizz really needs to remove this stupid 100 friend list cap.
    It's just, silly and overtly limiting as a community considering I, and many others, play a multitude of their games.

Hell, isn't a raid party 40 people or something ridiculous?
    That could be almost half used up from a single game already!

Well, they only just brought back 40-man raids, and generally they wouldn't all be on your friends list--guilds are a separate structure within WoW for organizing that.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I finally crafted some Ancient of Lores

Someone please point me to good druid deck

Can we assume you are up to speed with the Combo deck?

BTW - Finished BRM today and made a Dragon Priest with some slight tweaks. So much fucking fun.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Hey guys!

I prefer when they talk honestly. As long as they arent rude, i can take critisism.

• Options
    Remembered a highlight of my games last night.

I'm playing hunter against a paladin and I have on secret out. We're both in the teens for life and paladin had just played a Dragonkin Sorcerer the previous turn but not been able to buff it after I'd dropped a Loatheb on turn 5. On my turn 6 I play a Highmane. His turn 6 consists of buffing his Sorcerer with Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and then a Divine shield and then attacking with it. Into a freezing trap. He conceded after that.

He would likely have lost even if he hadn't done that given what I had in my hand but if a hunter plays a Highmane, Loatheb, or shredders you're not looking at a Face Hunter deck and need to watch out for freezing traps and not just explosive traps.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I prefer when they talk honestly. As long as they arent rude, i can take critisism.

I think the 'silently judge' part was in jest.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Hey guys!

I find it fun when people message me while they watch my games. I had a friend (RL, not forum) freak out because I was using Fel Reaver and it was fun talking with her about why it's a good card in Mech Shaman, how the card burn doesn't matter unless you run out of cards, etc. I love stuff like that!

• Options
    Hey guys!

Mostly. There are exceptions. And by that I mean when @MMMig is playing his fiance when she's forced to use something like the basic rogue deck.

Just kidding. I vocally judge him then.
    Hey guys!

In all seriousness, it's tough to make observations when you jump into a game in progress. By the time I figure out what decks are being played, it's often a few turns in and if I jumped in at turn 3 or later the game is almost over. A lot of the strategy comes previous to the actual game too in terms of construction. Even if you netdeck, there's the matter of which version of a deck you use and any substitutions you had to make. Spectating Arena games gets even more confusing when you jump in as I have no idea what you might draw.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I had a friend (RL, not forum) freak out because I was using Fel Reaver and it was fun talking with her about why it's a good card in Mech Shaman, how the card burn doesn't matter unless you run out of cards, etc.
    Why IS Fel Reaver good in Mech Shaman? I was here for the Great Fel Reaver Debate, so I know all about the card burn's effects or lack thereof, but what makes it specifically good in Mech Shaman? Why not Mech Mage, for example?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I mean I guess you can Fel Reaver, and then next turn Rockbiter + Rockbiter + Windspeaker and hit for 28?

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Delduwath wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I had a friend (RL, not forum) freak out because I was using Fel Reaver and it was fun talking with her about why it's a good card in Mech Shaman, how the card burn doesn't matter unless you run out of cards, etc.
    Why IS Fel Reaver good in Mech Shaman? I was here for the Great Fel Reaver Debate, so I know all about the card burn's effects or lack thereof, but what makes it specifically good in Mech Shaman? Why not Mech Mage, for example?

It's a super duper mega aggro card, and Mech Shaman is generally much more aggressive than Mech Mage (which is really more of a midrange deck with a fast curve than a true aggro deck - Mech Shaman is looking to close out games a lot more quickly).

Mech Mage is also built around more of a board advantage-->win with burn idea, whereas Mech Shaman is all about snowballing early and hard and Fel Reaver is much better for that than it would be for a deck trying to get and keep board control.

edit: Like for example Fel Reaver is a win condition for Mech Shaman, you get board control early and fast and hit them in the face and then drop a giant 8/8 that finishes the game. The win condition for Mech Mage, on the other hand, is usually Fireball/Archmage Antonidas, and they're sort of contradictory win conditions.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mech shaman doesn't have goblin blastmage so it needs all the help it can get

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Here's a mini-puzzle for you, courtesy of a game I just won:

The enemy Garrosh just died while he still had 2 armor. How did that happen?

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Why do all the priests in my arena runs today have ysera
    Dammit RNGesus

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

Hellfire kills an unarmored Garrosh and damages 2 minions, one of which is an Armorsmith.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

I once had a Garrosh at 12 armor and 0 health, using much the same situation Dover mentioned above.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

And Mech Mage doesn't have Whirling Zap-o-matic/Doomhammer/Rockbiter/Flame Elemental, so it "needs all the help it can get" too, right?

I don't get the disdain towards Mech Shaman. It's a Legendary-capable deck. It's a way stronger offering than a lot of other classes's popular offerings, but everyone still acts like "Ugh, Shaman, completely unplayable." It's bizarre.

• Options
    Imperfect wrote: »

And Mech Mage doesn't have Whirling Zap-o-matic/Doomhammer/Rockbiter/Flame Elemental, so it "needs all the help it can get" too, right?

I don't get the disdain towards Mech Shaman. It's a Legendary-capable deck. It's a way stronger offering than a lot of other classes's popular offerings, but everyone still acts like "Ugh, Shaman, completely unplayable." It's bizarre.

I don't think you understand how strong blastmage is

or that fireballs have charge and go past taunt

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    So like, I know how good druid is with lolemperor, but does anyone else just find it hugely unsatisfying? Maybe it's because I played too much druid back in the day, but it's so annoying how easy it is to have a hand full of garbage, or a hand with no cards.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Coinage wrote: »
    So like, I know how good druid is with lolemperor, but does anyone else just find it hugely unsatisfying? Maybe it's because I played too much druid back in the day, but it's so annoying how easy it is to have a hand full of garbage, or a hand with no cards.

there's only 4 cards in the deck that you really care about emperor-ing, so it'll feel unsatisfying when you don't hit them

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I saw a Face Pally, Face Priest and Face Shaman.

Time to make a deck and call it Fuckface.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
This discussion has been closed.