Options

[Hearthstone] Tavern Brawls and new heroes are here!

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Handlock, oil rogue, control warrior all have favorable matchups against patron warrior. Patron warrior doesn't really have overwhelmingly favorable matchups against anything other than paladins and maybe zoolocks.

Just about to post this. Patron Warrior is probably the best "overall" deck, but it's bad matchups are really bad, and it's good matchups are like 70%. Coupled with the ability for easy game losing mistakes, and it's just another contender in the metagame.

It does feature a OTK combo that punishes you for playing out creatures so Blizzard may look at warsong commander again, but for now it's just another strong deck in the metagame with real counters.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Handlock, oil rogue, control warrior all have favorable matchups against patron warrior. Patron warrior doesn't really have overwhelmingly favorable matchups against anything other than paladins and maybe zoolocks.
    doesn't it destroy face hunter?

although it seems like it has evolved recently, the version with explosive trap is bad against patron warrior

Face hunter and hybrid hunter are not the same deck. The former is a pure aggro rush deck, the latter is a midrange deck with tools for tempo and card advantage more aggressive than other midrange decks.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Hey @Roz, where's the rest of your reviews of my expansion pack card set? :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Hey @Roz, where's the rest of your reviews of my expansion pack card set? :)

Two very young kids and a major corporate initiative are wrecking me this week :(

I actually wrote out hunter, but I didn't get to the rest. If I have some time tonight I'll at least get through the half of the classes.

Roz on
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Just played a Warlock at rank 3 who played, in order, Shredder, Annoy-o-Tron, Cult Master, Goldshire Footman, Imp Gang Boss, Defender of Argus, Spellbreaker, Shredder, Abusive Sergeant and Shadowflame.

When I saw Goldshire I thought maybe some kind of Hobgoblin deck, but none of it really made sense to me.

There are some attempts at Warlock control decks that aren't handlock. I tried one and did so badly with it. But some people seem to love them.

Still have no idea about the footman though.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I mean, for his cost, he's got some pretty damn amazing stats.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Just played against a Paladin who played 2xHoly Light, Mind Control Tech, and Coghammer. Even rank 8 is getting real weird.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Just played against a Paladin who played 2xHoly Light, Mind Control Tech, and Coghammer. Even rank 8 is getting real weird.

Coghammer and MCT aren't so weird.

Holy Light is pretty weird.

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    I mean, for his cost, he's got some pretty damn amazing stats.

Yeah, but we're talking about a warlock who could use Voidwalkers instead and then Zombie Chow is additional early game defense was needed.

Anyway, it's legend crafting time for me. I currently sit on over 3200 dust and while I may use some of that to fill out class epics, I should probably craft at least one Legendary.

Current roster is:

Boom
    Sylvanas
    Ragnaros
    Harrison
    Ysera
    Onyxia
    The Beast

Jaraxxus
    Neptulon

I don't really stick to any one deck, I just do dailies on the ladder and switch accordingly. My most active decks are Hybrid Hunter, Midrange zoolock, and Patron Warrior with some digging out of mech mage and mech shaman.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Coghammer and MCT aren't so weird.

Holy Light is pretty weird.

Was it a Dragon Paladin? I've seen a lot of Dragon Paladin lists with Coghammer as a way to get more survival out of some of the big-bodied non-taunts in the deck (Technician, Hungry Dragon in particular). And I experimented with Holy Light for a while in Dragon Paladin, for the same reason -- mid-range dragons don't have good bodies and don't have taunt so you just die to aggressive decks. Ultimately I just kind of gave up on that and went with a midrange paladin shell with only consorts, a couple big dragons, and corrupters. I can at least understand the idea behind Holy Light in that kind of deck.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MCT started seeing a bit more play as Dr Boom caught on, since you more reliably had people hitting 4 minions as a result

haven't seen one in a bit tho

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Just played a Warlock at rank 3 who played, in order, Shredder, Annoy-o-Tron, Cult Master, Goldshire Footman, Imp Gang Boss, Defender of Argus, Spellbreaker, Shredder, Abusive Sergeant and Shadowflame.

When I saw Goldshire I thought maybe some kind of Hobgoblin deck, but none of it really made sense to me.
    Deck Helper strikes again.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I always have a MCT now, so many decks vomit out their whole hand.
    Roz wrote: »

Just about to post this. Patron Warrior is probably the best "overall" deck, but it's bad matchups are really bad, and it's good matchups are like 70%. Coupled with the ability for easy game losing mistakes, and it's just another contender in the metagame.

It does feature a OTK combo that punishes you for playing out creatures so Blizzard may look at warsong commander again, but for now it's just another strong deck in the metagame with real counters.
    It's not about how good the deck is overall, it's about how salty specific cards make me :p

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    "azith28 wrote: »
    I currently sit on over 3200 dust and while I may use some of that to fill out class epics, I should probably craft at least one Legendary.

Current roster is:

Boom
    Sylvanas
    Ragnaros
    Harrison
    Ysera
    Onyxia
    The Beast

Jaraxxus
    Neptulon

I don't really stick to any one deck, I just do dailies on the ladder and switch accordingly. My most active decks are Hybrid Hunter, Midrange zoolock, and Patron Warrior with some digging out of mech mage and mech shaman.

I'd put Grommash at the top of your list. I crafted him earlier today myself, in fact. No regrets.

If for some reason you're thinking about Thalnos, I made a couple of weeks ago and he basically hasn't done crap for me. (I don't play freeze mage.)

Marty81 on
  • Options
    Thalnos is a lot worse now that you have to kill every minion twice.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Look game, I appreciate the Flamestrike offerings...but I don't need them both right away.

aaf30k13e6su.png
    SIGH....
    mf89n2yhtkh3.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    doesn't it destroy face hunter?

although it seems like it has evolved recently, the version with explosive trap is bad against patron warrior

Face hunter and hybrid hunter are not the same deck. The former is a pure aggro rush deck, the latter is a midrange deck with tools for tempo and card advantage more aggressive than other midrange decks.

okay I realize that face and midrange are both different from the hybrid, but they both kinda evolved into the hybrid we have now, so that's why I said it how I said it.

there are still face hunters and probably midrange hunters but most of both swapped to the hybrid from what I've seen

all this besides the point that patron warrior beats face hunter

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    yeah in general hybrid is stronger against most of the metagame than face and midrange, but the catch is that both those hunter decks are generally better against hybrid hunter, humourously

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    yeah in general hybrid is stronger against most of the metagame than face and midrange, but the catch is that both those hunter decks are generally better against hybrid hunter, humourously

I thought it was ranked by speed, where the faster hunter wins. So Face > Hybrid > Midrange.

• Options
    dear blizzard please make the next rogue legendary summon defias ringleaders for each spell you cast that turn

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    4-3 Arena, all 3 were paladins. Whee

Funny thing happened with one of the mages I played in constructed though. Dropped a few portals early, kept what they spit out in their hand, few turns later a Piloted Shredder of theirs spits out One-Eyed Cheat. "No problem, I'll throw one of my Recruits at it" I think. Then they play a 2-mana Salty Dog.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    How Miracle Rouge feels about to let off a combo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

The heart attack is a Turn 4 Preparation into Sprint.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    Inq wrote: »

I thought it was ranked by speed, where the faster hunter wins. So Face > Hybrid > Midrange.

I love Midrange Hunter, so it makes me very sad that Face Hunter absolutely fucking shreds it. Haven't got around to trying Hybrid yet.
    dear blizzard please make the next rogue legendary summon defias ringleaders for each spell you cast that turn

Storm?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Jurg wrote: »

Storm?

basically just edwin van cleef except you get dudes instead of a silenced guy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Do you think they'll announce an expansion during E3?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    i'd be surprised since blizzard generally doesn't have much of a presence at e3, i can't think of anything they've ever announced there

but i think they are involved with that pc gaming thing and day9 was brought in to host it so it might not be a terrible idea

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Storm?

basically just edwin van cleef except you get dudes instead of a silenced guy

great, my holy novas weren't getting enough value against rogue

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Inq wrote: »

I love Midrange Hunter, so it makes me very sad that Face Hunter absolutely fucking shreds it. Haven't got around to trying Hybrid yet.

Storm?

Hybrid hunter is fun if for no other reason than you can feel the confusion through the screen when someone that thought you were face hunter gets a buffed creature hit by freezing trap or you drop a Dr. Boom.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If you don't play a 2/1 on turn 1 I assume it's hybrid/midrange. If you then play one on turn 2 I laugh because that's an easy win.

• Options
    I just killed a handlock from 26 health through 2 taunts with warsong double frothing. He must have been salty about the incredible balance of playing 12 mana of cards on turn 8.

• Options
    Come on, arena. Come on.

2vzbu0z9js4u.jpg

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Come on, arena. Come on.

2vzbu0z9js4u.jpg

May you ride on eternal, Minibot. Shielded and chrome.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    okay, grim patron + madder bomber is the best arena tech

i still lost, but it was awesome

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Come on, arena. Come on.
    2vzbu0z9js4u.jpg

May you ride on eternal, Minibot. Shielded and chrome.

He did, actually, now that you mention it. He got a blessing of might and went on to kill a yeti, an ironbark, and then the enemy druid.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Five star Rank 10 three times now, I can't quite seem to crack single digits ranking. I can see how hard a grind to Legend would be.

I've been trying to push through Rank 8 all week... Then last night I crashed spectacularly to Rank 12.

THE SALT

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    you know, i like the idea of dragon warrior, but it is just the greediest shit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I wish dragon anything was a bit better.

I may make a dragon shaman just for the hell of it.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Malygos Warlock seems pretty decent.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    a warrior on ladder plays majordomo (he's at 5 life, who cares, right?).

i have a ragnaros and a silver hand recruit on the board, and the perfect opportunity in hand.
    i equality, then trade the recruit for majordomo, turning him into ragnaros.

for bonus points, i silence my ragnaros, and attack ragnaros with ragnaros for ragna... i mean, for lethal.

• Options
    Malygos Warlock seems pretty decent.

that looked like a lot of fun

I am playing gaara's midrangy/demon/zoo right now. it's 2 cards off kolento's but I like the changes a lot. cuts a bane of doom and something void terror to add malganis and something else.

This discussion has been closed.