Options

Bethesda Announcement: War has changed. Wait no the other one

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    hooo boy just lost a half hour of fence building and tree/debris clearing to a random ctd with no error message

time for bed so I don't throw my computer out the window I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    so i kind of hated the combat until i discovered two things

1. the classical radio station
    2. explosives are amazing in this game

also ride of the valkyries was at the good part when
    the brotherhood of steel ship first arrived overhead

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So, I really like the idea of getting rid of skills in favor of tiered perks

But as a result, I find myself with fuck all idea about what I actually want to do with my perk points

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    My monstrosity of an automatic pipe rifle now has a name - the Scrapyard Woodpecker.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I'll continue to be the creepy person talking about the in-game romances.
    Cait's romance opening was so creepy I couldn't (nor really wanted to) go through with it. Her and my PC's relationship was unhealthy enough already, being based almost entirely on her approval of my lockpicking and binge-drinking ways. When she finally decided to open up she did so with an awkwardly voiced monologue about her cartoonishly awful upbringing, and then asks if you still think the same of her. I can hardly think of a more emotionally manipulative moment to decide to flirt, but electing not to do so seems to have locked me out of any future romance options. It might be for the best, in any case, Cait seems like she needs a good friend more than she needs an alcoholic girlfriend. Then again I might not have reached the end of her story yet, though I've benched her for the moment.
    I've come around on Piper though. She is a huge goof with a hero complex, but at least her heart is in the right place. I'm not sure if her and my PC are going to see eye to eye yet, but she's been good enough company on the road so far. If not, I'm sure everyone's favourite private dick would be glad to join the team.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2015
    I may have a problem with power armor. I never use it, but I have almost 7 suits sitting in my base.

3 Full T-60b's.
    1 Full T-60.
    1 T-51/45 combination.
    1 T-45/Raider combination.
    1 Partial T-45.

Shame I can't get the companions to wear it, to act as super guards for my base.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is the Drumlin Diner in the middle of a warzone? I swear every time I go there to sell some stuff it's being attacked by raiders.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm on a quest now to get the charisma bobblehead. It seems like it'll be a pain in the ass but we'll see.

So far my biggest oh shit moment in terms of the game engine was in just a random area with a small quest attached
    I found a quarry with some dude who wanted me to drain it

I did so, fixed the pipes. Spawned two mirelurks, one of which was legendary. Killed em, drained part of the quarry. Guy says he's going to finish up, I get quest complete

So I come back about 5 hours later, in real time, because its a good starting off point to my charisma bobblehead quest. The quarry is completely drained and full of raiders, including the guy I helped earlier who was secretly evil or whatever.

What is incredible about this to me is that the quarry is ridiculously deep

I was not expecting them to make it as deep as they did. It isn't something I would have ever expected out of the engine before.

Nothing really cool out of it, though. Well, a legendary Raider had a damn good melee weapon but that was it.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    That thing still hasn't drained for me, I keep going back to check and he's like "I'm busy"

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Boy howdy do I wish games would get over this "Bad guys shout gendered slurs at lady PCs!" shit

"It's realistic!"

Motherfucker, I have a robot butler floating behind me calling me "Ms. Furiosa." Eat my realistic dick.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Oh sweet, this raider dropped a pipe pistol with a .45 receiver. I modded it up, and now it fires faster than my .45 pipe revolver, hits harder than my 10mm pistol, and looks just as shitty as any other pipe firearm. And since I now have way more .45 ammo than I do 10mm, this gun is now my primary handgun.

I have named it the .45 Junker Special.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The vats cam is much wonkier than even fallout 3s. I used to love seeing the bullet fly and hearing my gunshot, but in this one they rarely show that, and instead just have a close up of the dude who just drops, no sound cos the gunshot is too far away, it's anti climactic

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Boy howdy do I wish games would get over this "Bad guys shout gendered slurs at lady PCs!" shit

"It's realistic!"

Motherfucker, I have a robot butler floating behind me calling me "Ms. Furiosa." Eat my realistic dick.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate did okay with this! I was pleasantly surprised!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm on a quest now to get the charisma bobblehead. It seems like it'll be a pain in the ass but we'll see.

So far my biggest oh shit moment in terms of the game engine was in just a random area with a small quest attached
    I found a quarry with some dude who wanted me to drain it

I did so, fixed the pipes. Spawned two mirelurks, one of which was legendary. Killed em, drained part of the quarry. Guy says he's going to finish up, I get quest complete

So I come back about 5 hours later, in real time, because its a good starting off point to my charisma bobblehead quest. The quarry is completely drained and full of raiders, including the guy I helped earlier who was secretly evil or whatever.

What is incredible about this to me is that the quarry is ridiculously deep

I was not expecting them to make it as deep as they did. It isn't something I would have ever expected out of the engine before.

Nothing really cool out of it, though. Well, a legendary Raider had a damn good melee weapon but that was it.
    Prohass wrote: »
    That thing still hasn't drained for me, I keep going back to check and he's like "I'm busy"

I think I forgot why he was doing that, but
    I got to the bottom and he killed me. Repeatedly. He killed me so many times he took off his armor, and kept killing me. And then the legendary mirelurk got bored, and on a reload forgot that I hadn't actually aggro'd, and climbed up to fight me. I finally splattered his nearly naked ass (well... face) all over the rocks, though. And got some pretty awesome weapons. Thank the Shotty! So just like everything else, it didn't turn out well. Eventually.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    That's just how it was in 2287, it would be a disservice to misrepresent the records

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Also I got this game

After spending way too long agonizing over what to put my points into, I basically just ended up putting 3 or 4 in all of them

Fallout!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh my dear God The Silver Shroud questline
    If you bring the poor dude who is replaying old Silver Shroud episodes the costume he gives you a custom machine gun and asks you to become the Silver Shroud and will start calling in crimes for you to stop on the radio station and gives you playing cards with the Shroud on them to leave on the corpses of criminals you stop

THIS IS AMAAAAZING

Grey Ghost

Fuck

• Options
    FFFFFFFFFF okay maybe I'll consider picking this up later, hopefully after a patch or two drops

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    GG
    It is literally a grey fedora and trench coat with a scarf and you can wear goggles with it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    this game is pretty good

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    hooo boy just lost a half hour of fence building and tree/debris clearing to a random ctd with no error message

time for bed so I don't throw my computer out the window I guess

If you go into settings, you can change the auto save timer - I have mine set to 5 minutes, after I got hit in the face with a raider rocket, and realised I haven't saved for about 15 minutes...

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    tumblr_nxp4dtF3tX1qjm6tmo1_540.png

Might be useful. Might break the game but hopefully not. Haven't been able to confirm yet.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I absolutely adore the interactions between companions in this game. Not very frequent, but their little discussions when you swap between companions is kind of amazing.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I absolutely adore the interactions between companions in this game. Not very frequent, but their little discussions when you swap between companions is kind of amazing.

I've only had one so far. Slightly paraphrased:
    Cait: Shame we can't make it a threesome.

Piper: Never gonna happen, Cait!

Pipers delivery was fantastic

Vic on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Has anyone else found the racetrack?
    A group of raiders are being entertained by a bunch of robots programmed to run the course, with a Triggerman announcer commenting on the race (and your interference). I kited most of the Raiders out and killed that scary humanoid robot (that shoots lasers out of it's face), but if you make it into the announcer cabin you can take control of the robots. The self-destruct was very tempting, but I just activated the reserve robots and let them race.

I love the dog but I'm getting a lot more utility from Codsworth, EVEN IF HE IS A SASSY FUCKIN TOASTER WHO NEEDS TO SHUT HIS GODDAMN SPEAK-N-SPELL ASS UP WHEN I'M COLLECTING FUCKIN CRAFTING INGREDIENTS

OH, YOU'LL EAT YOUR HAT IF THAT TURNS OUT TO BE USEFUL, HUH? YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A HAT, YOU TRI-OCULAR FUCKIN APPLIANCE, YOU GODDAMN TIN PLATED FUCK

When I realised that companions commenting on junk pick-up was going to be A Thing there was some exasperation, but Piper will occasionally say 'If anyone can find a use for it' or my favourite 'I think you just passed 199' which is pretty funny.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    how do you scrap power armor pieces? I got some of off psycho raiders in Lexington but I can only replace them with what I already have in my armor, not scrap them for parts

edit: also, how do you get dirty water? it doesn't seem to work like in NV

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    how do you scrap power armor pieces? I got some of off psycho raiders in Lexington but I can only replace them with what I already have in my armor, not scrap them for parts

You can't scrap power armor, save it and make a collection!

I haven't found any way to get any type of water except to find it, so far.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »
    This dog is the worst.

I've never had a problem with him, he stays out of my way, wanders around and feels very realistic, and in combat he distracts and grapples enemies to the ground for me

He likes to run in front of me in narrow hallwayd, turn sideways, and completely block my path. I don't want to jump over him because I'm sneaking. When I tell him to attack someone, he barks, runs half way, then comes back. It's not even like the enemies are that far away. Trading him in for sure.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    d dog makes dogmeat look like garbage

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

You can't scrap power armor, save it and make a collection!

I haven't found any way to get any type of water except to find it, so far.

You'll get purified water deposited at a settlement workbench when you place a water pump

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    My favorite dogmeat animation so far was when I turned around and he was watching a fly buzzing around his head then chomped and ate it with the perfectly done sound effect before looking up at me.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    also, is there any easy way to connect your resource piles from across all settlements? or do you have to log junk from point A to a container in B if you want to use them?

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    also, is there any easy way to connect your resource piles from across all settlements? or do you have to log junk from point A to a container in B if you want to use them?

You need the local leader perk then you can assign a settler to running supplies between the settlements, which shares the resources

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    GG
    It is literally a grey fedora and trench coat with a scarf and you can wear goggles with it

Ugh god why do you tell me this stuff
    I already have too many games to play

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Question re:purifiers and the Starlight Drive In-
    Will sticking a purifier into the horribly radioactive puddle of water smack dab in the middle of the lot fix it eventually or does it just provide water? I've got a big ugly fence around it but it's a hell of an eyesore.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »

You need the local leader perk then you can assign a settler to running supplies between the settlements, which shares the resources

cool cool

final questions

can that settler die

and how do I get new people to come to an existing settlement

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    As somebody who has never played any previous versions of Fallout, I'm finding myself having to look up keystrokes and "tips" constantly. I've heard this is par for the course for Bethesda games (no information about anything) but MAN it would be nice if I didn't have to completely stop what I am doing, pause the game, and bring up the internet to help me figure out how to do something super basic. :\ Would've been nice to have like a "tutorial mode" or "newbie mode" where there were more tooltips. And it would be great if the tooltips were kept somewhere so I could go back and read them if I miss one.

Esc/Start to go to the menu > settings > controls. All the keybindings are there.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I just started picking up armor in this. How does armor work?

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Question re:purifiers and the Starlight Drive In-
    Will sticking a purifier into the horribly radioactive puddle of water smack dab in the middle of the lot fix it eventually or does it just provide water? I've got a big ugly fence around it but it's a hell of an eyesore.

You can use the build interface to scrap radioactive barrels.

Cabezone on
This discussion has been closed.