Options

Bethesda Announcement: War has changed. Wait no the other one

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah there are three different types of clothes/armour in the game.

Full body armour. Stuff like a full outfit, etc, that covers all of you. Can't put on any of the arm/leg/etc pieces on except on your head. (there's also full helmets that cover all of your head)

Piece armour. leg/arm/body/face/head. Random bit of metal strapped to one arm, leather bracer on the other, sunglasses and a fancy hat. Looks ridiculous often, but some of the individual pieces can have excellent stats.

Clothes. Stuff like the vault jump suits, minuteman outfit, etc. You can wear this stuff under all the piece armour so that you have some consistent sort of appearance under it. Not sure if you can wear it at the same time as full body armour, but either way I don't think you'd be able to see much of it. Some of it has cool stats, too!

Currently the playthrough I'm doing with my boyfriend has our wastlander wearing the minuteman outfit, the fancy minuteman hat, some cool goggles and a bunch of random piece armour with great stats.

Oh and sometimes our power armour. It's pretty rad and has flames on it.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I still don't really get power armour in this game.
    Like... am I supposed to just leave it at my base and use it during difficult missions?

I mean, you should have heard the squeals I made when I got into a suit for the first time and the whole hud changed. It's rad. But I don't really see myself ever using it in the field? I'm scared of losing it I guess? I just don't really get it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    None of the dresses let you layer armor over them except for shoulders. This is disappointing. Especially since the chest armor would not clip at all.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Like... am I supposed to just leave it at my base and use it during difficult missions?

I mean, you should have heard the squeals I made when I got into a suit for the first time and the whole hud changed. It's rad. But I don't really see myself ever using it in the field? I'm scared of losing it I guess? I just don't really get it.

I'm close to the end of the story, but for the past several hours, I've been sitting on 10+ fusion cores. I have 22 right now actually. Assuming liberal use of fast travel, you can stay in that thing for a loooooong time. I primarily get out when I'm exploring a town. I definitely left it sit around for a while, but you also get a TON of frames to litter about the map.

• Options

Don't worry about losing it
    you can repair all the parts even if they get fully destroyed and go to 0 durability. Just set it down next to your power armour station and use the station, repair all the parts in your inventory and put them back on. You can use it to upgrade or replace them, too!

You can also get more frames to put pieces on, and put your companions in them too. They require a fusion core, but don't drain it while they're in it.

As for your own use of it, we tend to bring it out for big missions with lots of fighting involved, or anything with super high radiation. We've slowly collected a big stockpile of cores now so we can be a bit more liberal with it.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

I use it for taking out Gunner camps. It's really good for short missions, and being able to jump off of an overpass with that satisfying *wha-bam!* is so much fun.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I found military fatigues on a shelf in my old house, but that's probably random since no one else mentioned it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Pretty sure I found military fatigues on a shelf in my old house, but that's probably random since no one else mentioned it.

They were there before the war but those shelves are all gone post war.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Wasn't gone in my game, I grabbed them right after picking up the book.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The wastelands need a new hero

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Cogsworth is the best

"Mr Picard nick anything good?

Mr Picard don't you think that was locked for a reason?"

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That's a photoshop using Cena's 2K16 model

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I made an appropriately named shop!

http://youtu.be/uwRxgE4aDHE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    May be weird but I didn't take anything from the house except for the SPECIAL book, because I wanted to leave it as a memorial to my character's life before the bomb.

• Options
    I left the crib but scrapped EVERYTHING ELSE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I left the crib but scrapped EVERYTHING ELSE

FRESH START

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    when there's a new settlement location i find myself obsessively breaking down every single thing i can there

i can't stop myself, it's all gotta go

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Also holy shit manipulating all of that shit onto the shelves and whatnot was soooo obnoxious on PS4

Piper also walked in front of me as I was doing it like 3 times and cause shit to fly everywhere

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Me too. When i play after work i get in a party with friends and one asks me, Man i could really use a chem lab to make stimpacks, and i reply "There is one in Sanctuary, how did you not see it!."

He replied, "not everyone cleans up the entire neighborhood like you do!"

HOW CAN YOU NOT?!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    @timspork's ghost Inside the locked room, if you walk inside and turn around to face the door, there's a duffel bag leaning against a locker that is easy to look right past, I'm pretty sure they were in there.
    Or maybe I grabbed them off a corpse! Now I'm having a hard time remembering. There were a few fatigued corpses laying around.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Also I got this game

After spending way too long agonizing over what to put my points into, I basically just ended up putting 3 or 4 in all of them

Fallout!

I think I'm going to have this problem too.

I restarted Fallout 3 on PC (took awhile to get it to work), and put all of the extra SPECIAL points you get into Luck to bring it to 10, just to see what happens.

I'll probably do something similar if/when I get to play 4.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Piper seems to like it when I pick (unowned) locks

Piper, my dear, you are in for a treat.

Speaking of her, a question - I'm still rocking my vaultsuit, and she calls me "Blue" as a result. If I'd been wearing fatigues or somesuch, would that nickname have changed? Or would she just "sense" I'm a vaultdweller?

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    I think she just doesn't call you Blue?

She didn't until I swapped back to the jumpsuit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

Speaking of her, a question - I'm still rocking my vaultsuit, and she calls me "Blue" as a result. If I'd been wearing fatigues or somesuch, would that nickname have changed? Or would she just "sense" I'm a vaultdweller?

She's calling me Blue even though I took the jumpsuit off as soon as i found road leathers

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Man, I am one hundred percent style over substance in these games. Wore a duster the entire time in New Vegas, DT be damned. Benefit of a sniper build is defense really shouldn't ever factor into it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    For anyone as obsessive as I am about missing any magazines/bobbleheads, I made this thing:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ls-Ecg7w8lzwO8yHTcBYmDIVXaLfcePxpixkSxJgssw/edit#gid=0
    Please to enjoy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I guess i have to use a jumpsuit at all times then

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Me too. When i play after work i get in a party with friends and one asks me, Man i could really use a chem lab to make stimpacks, and i reply "There is one in Sanctuary, how did you not see it!."

He replied, "not everyone cleans up the entire neighborhood like you do!"

HOW CAN YOU NOT?!

Yeah I'm totally anal about scrapping everything.

I jam around like I'm tweaking - FRESH START! FRESH START! DELICIOUS JUNK! MAYBE I CAN GET A SWEET NEW MOD! FRESH START!

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Strong doesn't like it when you pick locks (not out of morality, I think he just finds it more boring than smashing things).It's awesome to give Strong a battleaxe and let him go nuts, but that may be too much of a personality clash

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Is there any reason to not scrap chairs and cabinets and stuff

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The John Cena level up mod didn't work for me. This makes me more depressed than it should

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

in case you want chairs and cabinets and stuff?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Found my fatigues in the police station.

• Options
    I want a mod that makes the Super Mutant Suiciders scream like the bomb guys in Serious Sam.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I wear the minutemen outfit under my armor and I think it looks good.

I named my guy Col. Mustard. Nobody has said Mr. Mustard yet : (

Ghouls are super not cool.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

If you ask her about why she calls you blue, she mentions you're not wearing the suit but have that "I just left the vault" look in your eyes.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

NEVER

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

NEVER

well then FRESH START

• Options
    The building, well, buildings aspect of the workshop stuff is really really rough

The walls are really obtusely designed and empty foundations, like the ones in Sanctuary, don't function like you'd expect them to and the whole "snap to an existing wall/floor" thing is super super finnicky

I'm sure people are going to build some crazy shit but it is definitely not a particularly well designed part of the experience

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.