As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arkham Knight] Asylum and City Remasters are out for PS4+Xbone

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If they get around to doing PC dlc I might actually consider picking up the pass at christmas now!

Maybe by then, AK will be back on sale!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I played through A Matter of Family today and it was short, but it was dense. There was always something to do, and all of things I was doing were fun. I wish that Batgirl was even more cerebral and even less combat-oriented. I also like that it was chock-full of team up combat. I don't know that I'll be back to find all of the teeth and jack-in-the-boxes, but the environment was great, and I dug the short story.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    And now I am 1 jack-in-the-box away from having all collectibles. If I want the trophy for taking down guys with hacked objects I think I'll have to run the story again with that in mind.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Tried this game yesterday. I have an R9 290X so I was in the camp with major problems running the game. It was severe enough to warrant a refund from greenMangaming. Because the key had already been redeemed on Steam, I was allowed to keep the game and the refund was given in credit, which honestly I thought was pretty damn awesome of GMG. Free game, albeit one that doesn't work yet.

Until now, that is. The patch seems to have fixed it mostly. I still get drops into the 30fps range and occasionally it'll do way down into single digits for a couple seconds but it's perfectly playable! Higher framerate than on the ps4 version and it uses the DS4 natively! Guess I'm back in Arkham.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    There was a new patch today?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Sorry no, it's the one from a while ago. The one that got delayed?Beginning of september I think. I only just got around to trying it.

• Options
    Picked up my last jack-in-the-box this morning and all it's done is cemented that I enjoy getting 100% in things and will do another Batgirl run for the hack kills trophy and go back to collect riddles in the main campaign. I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of this one.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I can't run this game at all since the patch. It says it loads, Task Manager shows it's running, but no window ever opens, and after about 5 minutes I get a Windows error message.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I am one stinking achievement away from 100%ing this game.

Stupid Brutality 101

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh my god... Fear takedowns are the best.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

They're pretty cool, but it's a little annoying that you need fear to do a double takedown when you could do it at any time in Arkham City.

• Options
    Got Weird War Tales this morning. I like the Batgirl campaign enough that I'll probably just finish it again. I'm already through what I think is the hardest part:
    the first bomb defusal in The Great White

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

They're pretty cool, but it's a little annoying that you need fear to do a double takedown when you could do it at any time in Arkham City.

Yeah I can see that but didn't you have to unlock Double Takedowns?

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    My PS4 comes back from repair today. So maybe I can finally finish this! Wheee!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man... I know it's like a broken record at this point, but these AR challenges just aren't as good as Rocksteady was thinking they were going to be. Out of the new ones from the crimefighter pack, I only kinda like the Batman/Robin team up and Nightwing's. Catwoman's is straight-up joyless shit...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm getting all the Riddler trophies like a masochist.

So, there's the trophy that requires you to hit question marks with the Batmobile's gun. They light up one at a time, then four at a time, then all at once. I'm not fast enough to get them all at once, so the obvious solution is using the Batmobile's missles. But I'm far enough in the game that I don't have any other drone missions that would power my secondary weapons. So what do I do?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Is it the one on the street? There should be a power conduit above you that you can grapple with the batmobile. Power Overwhelming!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Man... I know it's like a broken record at this point, but these AR challenges just aren't as good as Rocksteady was thinking they were going to be. Out of the new ones from the crimefighter pack, I only kinda like the Batman/Robin team up and Nightwing's. Catwoman's is straight-up joyless shit...

<sob>

...wait, but character select will come next month...and fix...it...right?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Is it the one on the street? There should be a power conduit above you that you can grapple with the batmobile. Power Overwhelming!
    It's behind you. Just save a missile barrage til the last one where they all light up.

I think that was the only riddle I looked up the answer on. Then felt kinda dumb for not just looking around for the answer.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, I'm getting all the Riddler trophies like a masochist.

So, there's the trophy that requires you to hit question marks with the Batmobile's gun. They light up one at a time, then four at a time, then all at once. I'm not fast enough to get them all at once, so the obvious solution is using the Batmobile's missles. But I'm far enough in the game that I don't have any other drone missions that would power my secondary weapons. So what do I do?

There's a power conduit on the other side of the road which constantly recharges your sub-weapons, but after a few groups of four, you have to shoot all of the targets really fast, so you also need level 4 sub-weapons (or possibly level 3 and really good aim to catch the ones you missed with the main gun).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Aha, I had no idea I could use a power conduit to charge up. Thanks, guys!

• Options
    Is there any place that has all the Riddler quotes? Rocksteady really upped their game with his taunts this time around -- I cracked up on the "mate" and "squirrel" comments.

And I almost died because I was laughing too hard at (final Catwoman rescue spoiler)
    "Die, father!! ...I mean, Batman!"

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    It's behind you. Just save a missile barrage til the last one where they all light up.

I think that was the only riddle I looked up the answer on. Then felt kinda dumb for not just looking around for the answer.

I also had to look up the one in the tunnels, with the forcefield near the ceiling.
    Turns out one of my first tries was right, but the mechanics were finnicky so when it didn't let me do it, I assumed it wasn't the solution and proceeded to try every gadget and move until giving up and asking the internet.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The only stuff I had to look up was some of the scanning locations, because the marker was actively deceitful.
    Some of the puzzles made me think for a reaaaaaaal long time before I figured it out, which I'm happy about. It's what I want from a puzzle.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I had to look up the GothCorp one, but that was because the scan target was about half a block from and on the other side of the building than the map indicator.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Plot spoilers that I'm thinking about now that I'm running through the game again...
    The whole Joker blood thing is so weird. The Henry Adams reveal was almost worth it, though it was pretty telegraphed, and they would have needed to think of another reason for Batman to keep Robin out of the fray. Easy enough - the cumulative residual effect of the fear toxin that Batman's been dosed with in Asylum and throughout his career has been unhinging him, and after getting infected with Joker blood in Arkham City, his paranoia has pushed him to the breaking point (that's more or less the back-story anyway) and he has Robin working on his blood. No need for additional infected. The idea of Batman getting a massive dose of fear toxin and hallucinating Joker is so brilliant on its own that having the blood angle seems to detract from it.

Beyond the plot aspects though, it's just a really strange idea that raises more questions that it's worth. If Joker's blood is the root of his psychosis, and Batman thinks he can find a cure, then shouldn't he feel guilty as hell for punching Joker in the face all those times (I mean, even more guilty than he should feel about punching all the other crazy people in the face that he does)? I suppose that would have been an interesting angle - the idea that Batman had a responsibility towards Joker - but if that was the intent it wasn't apparent to my reading.

• Options
    Catwoman story DLC next month. "Catwoman's Revenge". Riddler seems like the obvious villain for it, but I'm guessing she's going after Two-Face. There's also going to be some sort of 60's TV show themed content. Not sure what, but probably more lame race tracks. I'd be super happy if we got a classic Batgirl costume, though.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Lot's of this DLC is feeling pretty lame with the exception of the 1989 Batman skins and the tumbler. But who wants to pay the extra 30 bucks for that sh**? Just wow, can't believe how lame this content has been.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Catwoman story DLC next month. "Catwoman's Revenge". Riddler seems like the obvious villain for it, but I'm guessing she's going after Two-Face. There's also going to be some sort of 60's TV show themed content. Not sure what, but probably more lame race tracks. I'd be super happy if we got a classic Batgirl costume, though.

Polygon seemed to say she was specifically going after Riddler, which makes sense.

Going slow through the game due to life stuff, but all the Riddler trophy-hunting stuff is turning out to be worth it to me due to the way he keeps blustering/getting nervous after each trophy you get from 10 on down.

• Options
    I guess she did kinda get revenge on Two-Face in City. So then the DLC is either
    Riddler breaks out of GCPD, or Catwoman infiltrates GCPD and beats up cops so she can smack around Riddler some more.

• Options
    I guess she did kinda get revenge on Two-Face in City. So then the DLC is either
    Riddler breaks out of GCPD, or Catwoman infiltrates GCPD and beats up cops so she can smack around Riddler some more.

I'll be interested in see what the Gotham is like after the events of Arkham Knight. Wonder how much of the lasting impact we will see.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Slortex wrote: »
    Plot spoilers that I'm thinking about now that I'm running through the game again...
    The whole Joker blood thing is so weird. The Henry Adams reveal was almost worth it, though it was pretty telegraphed, and they would have needed to think of another reason for Batman to keep Robin out of the fray. Easy enough - the cumulative residual effect of the fear toxin that Batman's been dosed with in Asylum and throughout his career has been unhinging him, and after getting infected with Joker blood in Arkham City, his paranoia has pushed him to the breaking point (that's more or less the back-story anyway) and he has Robin working on his blood. No need for additional infected. The idea of Batman getting a massive dose of fear toxin and hallucinating Joker is so brilliant on its own that having the blood angle seems to detract from it.

Beyond the plot aspects though, it's just a really strange idea that raises more questions that it's worth. If Joker's blood is the root of his psychosis, and Batman thinks he can find a cure, then shouldn't he feel guilty as hell for punching Joker in the face all those times (I mean, even more guilty than he should feel about punching all the other crazy people in the face that he does)? I suppose that would have been an interesting angle - the idea that Batman had a responsibility towards Joker - but if that was the intent it wasn't apparent to my reading.
    Titan is a brain altering substance, all the way back to Arkham Asylum they talk completely bullshit pseudoscience about its effects on the brain.
    Joker's blood has been mutated as a result of his Titan overdose in AA, so I think it's pretty clear that the reason people are turning into Joker isn't completely due to Joker's blood on its own, but is the result of Joker's blood post Titan overdose. None of the other titanees tried to stick their blood in people as far as we know.
    It's all bullshit science anyway, but in this case the focus is on the drug and its effects, not as much the character. The fact that they turn into joker is, you know, the worst possible case in this particular scenario of "titan overdose can cause peoples blood to mutate others into copies of themselves".
    But the troubling questions you are asking are sidestepped here.

Titan has been a main thread of all three games. It was the big bad problem in AA that threatened to turn the people Bats wanted to protect into monsters, it was the cause of Bats physical poisoning in AC, and the cause of Bats "mental" degradation in AK. In all three cases, Titan is the original cause of the problem, without which the problem wouldn't exist. Joker just happens to be the worst possible person you want anywhere near this stuff. He's the catalyst.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Finished the Arkham Origins main story tonight. I quite liked it The boss fights all had interesting ideas and most were a lot of fun to play. Shock gloves were kind of overpowered, but an absolute joy to use. The story was much more personally connected with the characters. Troy Baker was basically copying Mark Hamill's Joker, but at least he did a very good job of that. I was half impressed and half annoyed how they tried to justify the title over the closing credits. There were a lot of predator rooms, which I prefer.

There were technical problems, mostly freezing. Although the one time an enemy in a predator room got caught on some geometry and became invincible was pretty funny. Other than that, I would absolutely consider it up there with the rest of the series.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Sure would be nice if I could enjoy any of that season pass content I paid for months and months ago

• Options
    Yeah I'm getting pretty annoyed.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Finished the Arkham Origins main story tonight. I quite liked it The boss fights all had interesting ideas and most were a lot of fun to play. Shock gloves were kind of overpowered, but an absolute joy to use. The story was much more personally connected with the characters. Troy Baker was basically copying Mark Hamill's Joker, but at least he did a very good job of that. I was half impressed and half annoyed how they tried to justify the title over the closing credits. There were a lot of predator rooms, which I prefer.

There were technical problems, mostly freezing. Although the one time an enemy in a predator room got caught on some geometry and became invincible was pretty funny. Other than that, I would absolutely consider it up there with the rest of the series.

...Joker was played by Mark Hamill. Baker was Two-Face and Arkham Knight

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    He's talking about Origins, where Joker was played by Baker

• Options
    edited September 2015

Titan is a brain altering substance, all the way back to Arkham Asylum they talk completely bullshit pseudoscience about its effects on the brain.
    Joker's blood has been mutated as a result of his Titan overdose in AA, so I think it's pretty clear that the reason people are turning into Joker isn't completely due to Joker's blood on its own, but is the result of Joker's blood post Titan overdose. None of the other titanees tried to stick their blood in people as far as we know.
    It's all bullshit science anyway, but in this case the focus is on the drug and its effects, not as much the character. The fact that they turn into joker is, you know, the worst possible case in this particular scenario of "titan overdose can cause peoples blood to mutate others into copies of themselves".

Titan has been a main thread of all three games. It was the big bad problem in AA that threatened to turn the people Bats wanted to protect into monsters, it was the cause of Bats physical poisoning in AC, and the cause of Bats "mental" degradation in AK. In all three cases, Titan is the original cause of the problem, without which the problem wouldn't exist. Joker just happens to be the worst possible person you want anywhere near this stuff. He's the catalyst.

Yeah, Titan is the easy out for all of that, but its still pretty pants-on-head. Either way, trimming that plotline would have made for a smoother narrative, I think.

A couple of other little things I've noticed, related to sidequests:
    With the firefighter questline, you can find the actual truck at Dixon Docks, near where one of the first available firefighters is located. There's no structural damage to it, and its sitting on all four wheels. The only real damage is a couple of spots where smoke is coming out of the vehicle (the engine block and fuel tank, I think), and severe burn marks covering the entire thing. Nice little detail, since the truck was attacked by Firefly who would have just raked the thing with his flamethrower until it stopped.

Also, the serial killer plotline has some silly moments when Batman is using the scanner. Like:

Batman: "This tattoo was given to a group of inmates who called themselves The Bludhaven Six"

Matches: 1524

And: "This type of medical grade acrylic was only used once, in a trial five years ago"

Matches: 1382

Might want to get your database logic checked, Bats.

Slortex on
  • Options

Yeah, Titan is the easy out for all of that, but its still pretty pants-on-head. Either way, trimming that plotline would have made for a smoother narrative, I think.

A couple of other little things I've noticed, related to sidequests:
    With the firefighter questline, you can find the actual truck at Dixon Docks, near where one of the first available firefighters is located. There's no structural damage to it, and its sitting on all four wheels. The only real damage is a couple of spots where smoke is coming out of the vehicle (the engine block and fuel tank, I think), and severe burn marks covering the entire thing. Nice little detail, since the truck was attacked by Firefly who would have just raked the thing with his flamethrower until it stopped.

Also, the serial killer plotline has some silly moments when Batman is using the scanner. Like:

Batman: "This tattoo was given to a group of inmates who called themselves The Bludhaven Six"

Matches: 1524

And: "This type of medical grade acrylic was only used once, in a trial five years ago"

Matches: 1382

Might want to get your database logic checked, Bats.

Yeah it's pretty bullshit, but no more so than any comic book series.
    I like your idea better to be honest.

• Options
    Oh yeah, in the realm of comic book stories, it's no more silly than any number of other examples you could think of. Sometimes I wish these games would go full on crazy and throw things like Bat-mite in there.