Options

The [Love] thread, for exist's sake.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I friended my high school girlfriend, then she went off on a tangent about immigration and said I was part of the problem when I pointed out the errors in her logic.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    That's what I was thinking, but gave in to curiosity
    Doesn't look like there are any surprise kids.
    One obnoxious post bad-mouthing chemical-dependency rehab, but nothing overtly racist or hateful.

I'll give her a few days to see if there was anything specific she needed to say, and then probably unfriend her.

ADDENDUM: she wanted to reach out and see if I was on FB after having a "great dream" about me. I'm asking what she ate before bed last night, and will give her until her first hateful/racist comment before I unfriend her.

chromdom on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The huge drawback to meeting people online is the overwhelming detachment inherent to the form: it's hard to convey any kind of emotion through text alone.
    So now I will spend the next day wondering, "Was that an excited 'Sure' (just like that, no punctuation) agreeing to go out with me tomorrow night, or was that a 'Yeah, whatever, sure'?"

Consequently, the excitement I was hoping I'd feel in anticipation of a date with a pretty woman is all but gone, replaced by apprehension.
    I know, I know it's kind of dumb to judge a book by its texts, I just can't help but feel she could've thrown an exclamation point in there or something, maybe a smiley. Bleh.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    If she wasn't interested in you she wouldn't have said anything

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah

Reading too much into the way a person you barely know types in instant message format is a path to madness

Take it at face value

• Options
    Needless fretting is how I've spent the last, oh, say, 10 years

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    If she wasn't interested in you she wouldn't have said anything

can confirm

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »

Only 10?

Psh, amateur 8-)

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Only 10?

Psh, amateur 8-)

Clearly there is an imbalance here. A cruel joke by fate, because I've spent nearly the last 10 years with a near pathological lack of fretting.

Turns out you should be concerned with what the hell is going on and how and why sometimes.

Maybe we can set up a fretting exchange. Mind meld!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    My dating pool has dried up.

Given that I'm a trans woman with a sexual appetite that would give hr Giger a boner, I'm pretty proud of the fact that I had a dating pool at all.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    A shame you're too late on that HR Giger thing.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    On a related note, a friend of mine got a black eye and I am positively swooning over him now.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Relevant:
    Edit: Better-looking Link

godmode on
  • Options
    Made it, what? 2 days? talking to the ex about catching up on life before a comment about hating all the [2 separate racial group epithets that I don't believe are forum-banned words but still don't need repeating].

Dammit, I shoulda started a pool!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Made it, what? 2 days? talking to the ex about catching up on life before a comment about hating all the [2 separate racial group epithets that I don't believe are forum-banned words but still don't need repeating].

Hoooly shit. Bullet: Dodged.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    A shame you're too late on that HR Giger thing.

Being a cis white male, Giger has never been a dating prospect for me.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular

Fucking called it

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Fucking called it

It's not a bad story, so, to be fair, so did I

• Options
    Well then you guys could have won the pool!

Oh, and by the way, no kid I hadn't been informed of. And of course, FB friendship contact has been severed.

• Options
    You didn't really lose anything in trying, except maybe some more hope in the eventual prospects of humanity

• Options
    I thought I had her well and truly blocked after that, but a msg got through saying she thought I was like that.
    Which is really disheartening.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Thought you were like... what, exactly?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    "Liberal" probably

• Options
    My friend with the black eye? He sent me some more pics.

Personal pics.

Of his black eye.

Jesus Christ I want to make out with his bruised, swollen flesh.

• Options
    Oh crap. Depressed girl came by and showed me a picture on her phone that "reminded her of me"

I have butterflies.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Needless fretting is the name of my post-modern punk project.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I really want to get into tabletop games.

Me too!

I wonder why we both have developed this interest in the past few weeks! Good old Gumpy spreading the tabletop game interest.

(also I played Settlers of Catan for the first time last month and got really competitive and won).

If this Manchester job works out we could go look about some board game cafes? They're supposed to be a good place to meet people and try out new games I can't afford to outright buy

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Had the conversation with the girlfriend last night.

For entertainment's sake, I'll offer two versions. The first will be the story as told by overly emotional songs on youtube that make me a sap. The other will be what actually happened.

I asked if she was making plans to move. Of course she is, her semester starts end of Sept. I asked if she wanted us to go forward...and if the answer was yes, we'd figure it out. If the answer was no, we'd figure that out too. Seems the answer was no.

Turns out that she hasn't been feeling this relationship for awhile now (which is no surprise) and that she needs more time alone than "normal people". Her words, not mine. Not ever mine. I was blamed for being around a lot (reminder: we live together). That I complain about work too much, which was essentially countered by her complaining about our apartment all the time.

Right after she said no, I said I don't know that I could live with someone I'm not dating. Which sparked a whooooole lot of yelling on her part. Though, we kept on talking. And crying. And not talking. Then repeating the process. Clothes were thrown in bags, I told her to stop. She has nobody here, so I offered to leave. More talking. Her complaining that her whole life she hasn't focused on friends, just boyfriends so she doesn't have anyone to turn to.

But...we don't fight, we don't argue, we care for each other, trust each other (both of our words).

There's a lot more, but I can't keep typing...I just needed to get this out.

We both acknowledge that it's pretty much over. We'll stay together (in a manner of speaking) until she moves out in a few weeks. Then...that'll probably be that.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    :bro:

That's rough stuff man. I'm sorry. The lack of separation things sounds tough.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I really want to get into tabletop games.

Me too!

I wonder why we both have developed this interest in the past few weeks! Good old Gumpy spreading the tabletop game interest.

(also I played Settlers of Catan for the first time last month and got really competitive and won).

If this Manchester job works out we could go look about some board game cafes? They're supposed to be a good place to meet people and try out new games I can't afford to outright buy

@Gumpy ooh I did not know you were applying for a Manchester job! There are two I can think of, one is Traveling Man which is a comic book shop that is great, one I walk past but don't know the name of, I see people playing Magic there though all the time! Be good if its something I could dip into, third year of uni is going to be cray!

• Options
    ceres wrote: »
    Thought you were like... what, exactly?

Not sure, just saw it the message preview. I assume she thought I was racist like her; I have a shaved head (hence the chromdom handle) and a German last name, and used to be fairly conservative.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Wow.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Had the conversation with the girlfriend last night.

For entertainment's sake, I'll offer two versions. The first will be the story as told by overly emotional songs on youtube that make me a sap. The other will be what actually happened.

I asked if she was making plans to move. Of course she is, her semester starts end of Sept. I asked if she wanted us to go forward...and if the answer was yes, we'd figure it out. If the answer was no, we'd figure that out too. Seems the answer was no.

Turns out that she hasn't been feeling this relationship for awhile now (which is no surprise) and that she needs more time alone than "normal people". Her words, not mine. Not ever mine. I was blamed for being around a lot (reminder: we live together). That I complain about work too much, which was essentially countered by her complaining about our apartment all the time.

Right after she said no, I said I don't know that I could live with someone I'm not dating. Which sparked a whooooole lot of yelling on her part. Though, we kept on talking. And crying. And not talking. Then repeating the process. Clothes were thrown in bags, I told her to stop. She has nobody here, so I offered to leave. More talking. Her complaining that her whole life she hasn't focused on friends, just boyfriends so she doesn't have anyone to turn to.

But...we don't fight, we don't argue, we care for each other, trust each other (both of our words).

There's a lot more, but I can't keep typing...I just needed to get this out.

We both acknowledge that it's pretty much over. We'll stay together (in a manner of speaking) until she moves out in a few weeks. Then...that'll probably be that.

That's rough, man.

Uqxq9V0.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Oh, that's a good gif/scene.

Well played and an excellent suggestion.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @DrZiplock I know you had been dreading this conversation, but I'm glad you finally got everything out in the open. If she hasn't been feeling it for a while she should have actually said something. It's not all on you.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I had a very much needed super awesome just us night out with my lady last night

It was extremely good and just the sort of thing I needed

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    The boyfriend and I are probably going to look tour an apartment or two this evening.

I'm pretty fucking excited.

• Options
    Pictured: Me before date in summer

83YNyOQ.jpg

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you shouldn't eat cheese before a date

• Options
    I don't know I just got nervous and started eating some cheese and then I ate like a whole block of cheese

This discussion has been closed.