As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hitman]

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://hitman.com/en-us/news/elusive-target-25
    Next elusive target is in Hokkaido, 10 days, starting tomorrow June 23.

No special objectives, but the twist is their appearance is randomized, and changes every time you start/restart/replan the misision.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    That's kinda rad. I assume it's just appearance, and not walking loop?

edit: Because I'd dig an occasional full random ET, with differing loops, and also genders.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    3 potential targets, with different loops, you need to go find info on which one is the target.
    Fairly easy mission, but the twist is fun and i hope they will be using more stuff like that in the future, both in ET's and full blown missions.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    There's an easy way to do it, if you're okay with abusing the way the game works.
    Which one your target is is randomised each time you start, but killing the wrong person doesn't lock you out of restarting, so if you just find a reliable way to kill one of them, you can do that until you get the objective.
    If you get a 'non-target killed' message, just restart and repeat until you get it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    There's an easy way to do it, if you're okay with abusing the way the game works.
    Which one your target is is randomised each time you start, but killing the wrong person doesn't lock you out of restarting, so if you just find a reliable way to kill one of them, you can do that until you get the objective.
    If you get a 'non-target killed' message, just restart and repeat until you get it.
    Sure, but if you want silent assassin it's probably faster to do it the right way, unless you get really lucky with it.
    If you have fully unlocked the level it takes, like, couple minutes to go grab the info and then its on to murdertown.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got a silent assassin on it, was pretty easy.
    Started as a doctor because I figured the surgery info would be in that area. Wandered around everywhere didn't find it so just went back to the public area and saw the three wandering around but still no info anywhere. Finally Diana took pity on me and just told me which one it was, the one who had had a nose job.

I had already turned up the heat in the open air pools so all I had to do was wait for him to head over there, slide the door shut, then prick him with lethal poison. Job done.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I got a silent assassin on it, was pretty easy.
    Started as a doctor because I figured the surgery info would be in that area. Wandered around everywhere didn't find it so just went back to the public area and saw the three wandering around but still no info anywhere. Finally Diana took pity on me and just told me which one it was, the one who had had a nose job.

I had already turned up the heat in the open air pools so all I had to do was wait for him to head over there, slide the door shut, then prick him with lethal poison. Job done.
    After a few aborted attempts, my solution involved posing as a doctor, using a scrambler to get into the director's office to reveal the target, then conveniently finding him in the rock garden standing by the railing overlooking a steep fall. It seems like if you don't do the director's office step, Diana will eventually give you that info.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Nailed this one.
    I started in my room as Rieper, then hustled up to the public bathroom and subdued the guy by the sink. After depositing him in a closet, I was able to open the door and throw a coin at a corner of the room as the Director strolled by, luring him in and permitting me to replace him.

After getting the info from the Director's Office (it was eye guy), I located the target in the bathing area. When he started to head for the restaurant, I realized he was going to pass the same bathroom I'd used to replace the Director, so quickly got back in there, opened the door, tossed another coin to lure the target, then broke his neck.

Then, since my starting outfit was right there, I put it back on and left via the cable car.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The final elusive target is out, and it was my first one. I'm glad I got to do one before they went away, and thankfully I managed to get silent assassin.

And until more people play I'm one of the top 100 in the leaderboard. I'm never gonna check it again so as far as I'm concerned I'm one of the best Hitman players in the world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    An entire season of Elusive Targets and not a single one turned out to be Robert Denby.

Utter Failures: 2/26
    12: The Fixer (Marrakesh)
    13: The Ex-Dictator (Bangkok)

Loud Assassinations: 3/26
    02: The Congressman (Sapienza)
    09: The Black Hat (Paris)
    20: The Warlord (Bangkok)

Silent Assassinations: 21/26
    01: The Forger (Paris)
    03: The Prince (Sapienza)
    04: The Sensation (Paris)
    05: The Gun Runner (Marrakesh)
    06: The Twin (Sapienza)
    07: The Wild Card (Sapienza)
    08: The Broker (Paris)
    10: The Pharmacist (Paris)
    11: The Identity Thief (Paris)
    14: The Chef (Paris)
    15: The Angel of Death (Marrakesh)
    16: The Food Critic (Bangkok)
    17: The Guru (Sapienza)
    18: The Chameleon (Colorado)
    19: The Blackmailer (Paris)
    21: The Surgeons (Hokkaido)
    22: The Bookkeeper (Colorado)
    23: The Paparazzo (Paris)
    24: The Badboy (Alternate Sapienza)
    25: The Fugitive (Hokkaido)
    26: The Entertainer (Alternate Marrakesh)

• Options
    Woo, got the last target. Silent Assassin.
    Super easy but I wasted a lot of time.
    I saw the guards outside the building, so I climbed the pipe and saw the meeting. Knocked out the watier (on my 2nd attempt. My first one I accidentally snapped his neck :rotate: ) and took the disguise,
    lethal-poisoned the guy's drink and headed to go get the client list. There was a shisha cafe key on the roof so I assumed that was where I needed to go. I did look it up eventually because I missed the conversation that's supposed to reveal the assistant's identity, ah well. Grabbed some rat poison, spiked her drink, smashed her with a brick in the bathroom, grabbed the PDA, and waited at a door for about 15 minutes.
    The guy didn't die. He never drank.
    No idea what happened. I went back up to the meeting in my waiter uniform, and saw him loungin' in a chair looking at his phone forever. I guess I took too long or something? Anyway, I bumped him out of his chair, he went upstairs, I coined his guard downstairs, stabbed the clown with a screwdriver, dumped him the box, and booked it to the exit. Easy peasy. Too easy for a final SA, tbh.

So yeah. Got the Marrakesh reward, which gives me all the location outfits, and the 13 Elusive Targets reward. I'm one or two short on SAs though, so no Winter Suit unless it carries over into Season 2. Pretty good, considering I came in just a little bit after Hokkaido dropped.

• Options
    WE AREN'T DONE YET
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-october-content-schedule/

New Featured Contracts and Master Scarecrow challenge pack on October 13th
    New player-curated Featured Contracts later in the month
    And also...
    October_24-749x1024.png
    Mark this date on your calendars: October 24th. That’s the date when we will reveal brand new content for the game.
    We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then; this upcoming content is not “Season 2”. We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.
    So, save the date, let’s hope it doesn’t leak and we’ll see you there!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    That sun/light looks awfully similar to the Ubisoft logo. Probably a coincidence, but it did make my sphincter clench a little upon seeing it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    That sun/light looks awfully similar to the Ubisoft logo. Probably a coincidence, but it did make my sphincter clench a little upon seeing it.

looks like the spiral is going in the wrong direction for it to be a nod towards Ubisoft.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    If it meant more Hitman I don't care who funds it.

Unless they then take the IP to the grave.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    That would be more SquareEnix then Ubisoft

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    The announcement is the GOTY edition. I know I'll be upgrading ($20) just to support these guys now that they're on their own. New features include:

• Four-mission campaign based in reorganized versions of the existing locations. It's called "Patient Zero" and it kinda sounds like it spins out of the virus story in Sapienza
    • Silly costumes, weapons, and escalation contracts for each

When this edition hits on November 7, everyone who's already got the game will get:

• New UI
    • More control in making contracts
    • New lighting and skyboxes for every location
    • Elusive targets will be reactivated for those who didn't get a chance to play them

• Options
    That new sniper looks siiiiiiick, I love how they use it to hide a body. Reminds me of Hitman: Sniper and Sniper Challenge.

• Options
    Still no sniper briefcase, eh?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The goty content is out, some real cool missions, maybe a little short for the price tag, but at this point I'm fully onboard for any future Hitman content. The last mission is especially cool.

Last mission spoilers
    the last mission has your Target being the patient zero and a Dr trying to reverse engineer the virus. The trick is that anyone who gets near the patient without a hazmat suit gets the virus, becoming a Target, and can continue to pass it on. 47 can get infected and you've got 5 minutes to find the antidote, other NPCs can run through and get infected then run and infect even more NPCs.

I ended up slowly stabbing literally everyone in that level, the infection was killed earlier but hey, better safe than sorry right?

Kanden on
  • Options
    And they're working on a new game too, aren't they?

Hooray for more Hitman.

I liked the movies even.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Is the new game they're working on something that'll come after Season 2, or have they dropped the idea of doing a second season?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    I don't think they've specified. Just "next Hitman" announced next year.

• Options
    So apparently the point shooting mechanic from Hitman Absolution is still in 2016's code: https://streamable.com/6eu04
    Fully functional according to the guy who found it, just that sniper scopes cause sound issues because it's meant for pistols/rifles. I really hope this comes back, maybe as part of an unlockable gun or consumable item.

• Options
    I saw an interview with some IO guy where he implied they made a bunch of mistakes with the way they handled Season 1. Not sure if that means they think the episodic model was bad, or if they just feel they handled it poorly changing it at the last minute before release.

I loved the episodic model, so I hope it stays.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I saw an interview with some IO guy where he implied they made a bunch of mistakes with the way they handled Season 1. Not sure if that means they think the episodic model was bad, or if they just feel they handled it poorly changing it at the last minute before release.

Personally I think there were a lot of issues, though the episodic release wasn't the most of them.

Likewise, it's a good thing they're bringing back the Elusive Targets (frankly, not doing so would be stupid and incredibly wasteful)--but they should come with some sort of time penalty, perhaps, like a cool down, and not permanently locked, which is just punitive to people who make a mistake or don't, and want to try them again. I hope I'm wrong about them being so rigid about it.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    The goty content is out, some real cool missions, maybe a little short for the price tag, but at this point I'm fully onboard for any future Hitman content. The last mission is especially cool.

Last mission spoilers
    the last mission has your Target being the patient zero and a Dr trying to reverse engineer the virus. The trick is that anyone who gets near the patient without a hazmat suit gets the virus, becoming a Target, and can continue to pass it on. 47 can get infected and you've got 5 minutes to find the antidote, other NPCs can run through and get infected then run and infect even more NPCs.

I ended up slowly stabbing literally everyone in that level, the infection was killed earlier but hey, better safe than sorry right?

Last mission of GOTY spoiler:
    I accidentally caused a panic, so an infected civilian ran into the spa area. The number of infected jumped from 3 to 20+ all at once.

Things got a bit ugly after that.

• Options
    Love the new campaign.
    The time limits are a bit too tight, but other than that, awesome.
    And the new escalations to unlock the weapons are fun as well.

First elusive rerun active, and on hindsight, maybe i should have not insisted on wearing the clown suit all the way.
    Otherwise perfect run, but was seen while leaving, so no silent assassin.

• Options
    I'm really confused here--can you not just buy the "Bonus" Campaign Patient Zero ("Bonus" as in not free) by itself on Steam? Do you have to buy it in the GOTY edition?

• Options
    Looks like you have to buy it in the bundle with outfits.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Apparently the way to go is to use the store in game, but I haven't got the new stuff yet.

I did kill that forger dude though, nice and easy.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Can just buy GOTY upgrade if you have steam.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Looks like you have to buy it in the bundle with outfits.

Yeah, I guess so. Well, I guess that means a few extra dollars for costumes I will literally never use.

Also, Snicketysnick, you have the best avatar.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Apparently the way to go is to use the store in game, but I haven't got the new stuff yet.

I did kill that forger dude though, nice and easy.

I can't even find the dude! I got spotted breaking into the dock in desperation so now there's some corpses and it's lucky it didn't end there.

Edit: Bah, forgot they don't show up as red. Annoying. It was horribly messy, but got him.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Personally I think there were a lot of issues, though the episodic release wasn't the most of them.

Likewise, it's a good thing they're bringing back the Elusive Targets (frankly, not doing so would be stupid and incredibly wasteful)--but they should come with some sort of time penalty, perhaps, like a cool down, and not permanently locked, which is just punitive to people who make a mistake or don't, and want to try them again. I hope I'm wrong about them being so rigid about it.

If the Elusive targets in the GotY edition are one-shots and that's it, that's pretty much a dealbreaker for me. It would just be such a horrendously dumb idea to do something like that for a video game where repeating missions is one of the big design focuses.

• Options
    Note you don't need the GOTY edition to do the Elusive targets again.

But they are still all one shots, yeah.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I was fiddling with the game a few days ago on account of getting a 4K TV, and was just checking things out as this game supports that.

I boot up the game today because of the elusive targets, and for a few moments thought something had gone horribly wrong with the color settings for some weird reason. Nope, they just decided to go with a monochrome look to everything I guess? Eh, I don't hate it, but the red UI looked better.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of the elusive targets being time limited one shot things. I kinda wish there was a way to generate them from a group of NPCs in the level. I feel like most of the dominos for that are already set up, super hard difficulty level, custom contracts letting people create their own hits. Just combine those with a limited subset of NPCs toss some modifiers like kill technique or picking up an item in the level. Reroll it every death and you're golden.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Can just buy GOTY upgrade if you have steam.
    Where? Can you give me a link? I've tried to find it, and can see it in lists, but if I click on them I just get sent to bundles that include all the season pass stuff I've already bought.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.