As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    I honestly can’t describe Mori’s parents (and the cat issue is only one of many issues I’ve had) and I get really scared that between them, some of the bullshit my parents have pulled and some of what I hear about other people’s parents that it’s somehow a parent thing and will we unwittingly pull some bullshit with our kids? Or is it a generational thing? Or just a people-living-together-in-tight-quarters thing? I don’t know.

It's like when they find out you're having sex.

Especially if you're not married.

Some of them get really angry!

I would hope my parents wouldn't be angry about us having sex, considering the grandchildren they've gotten.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I honestly can’t describe Mori’s parents (and the cat issue is only one of many issues I’ve had) and I get really scared that between them, some of the bullshit my parents have pulled and some of what I hear about other people’s parents that it’s somehow a parent thing and will we unwittingly pull some bullshit with our kids? Or is it a generational thing? Or just a people-living-together-in-tight-quarters thing? I don’t know.

I would hope my parents wouldn't be angry about us having sex, considering the grandchildren they've gotten.

As long as it was just the two times, I suppose...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

That reminds me of the time my brother's inlaws moved in with him and were pissy about them having sex. In their own home. Of which these people were guests and my brother and his wife were kind enough to let them live there until their house situation got unfucked because of their own doing.

They have 5 kids too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i get so angry when mori has sex

so angry

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

so angry

Is it because he's been naughty?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Phew, Tucker gave me a scare over the last week since I found some odd growth on his neck almost a week ago but could only get to the vet today since I don't work Fridays.

Doctor took a look at it and said "Oh it's just a bit of skin that's bubbled up."

...Ferrets!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Magic Pink wrote: »

so angry

Is it because he's been naughty?

someone's getting their own severed head in their stocking this christmas
    but yes

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

I got a 6-page angry letter from my mother telling me of all my sins when I moved in with a boyfriend

The kicker was I only moved in with him for lack of money which was causing me to literally starve (for two months I had a single sandwich a day)

ANYWAY

I just bought cat harnesses + leashes, a car seat protection thingy that will cover the entire back row of my car, and more flea protection for the cats, plus I'll assess what we have (they could probably use new food bowls) at home. I'll book them for their vaccinations (should only need the rabies booster, I think) and a general vet visit.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I got a 6-page angry letter from my mother telling me of all my sins when I moved in with a boyfriend

You should have assigned an experience point value to each of them and then yelled LEVEL UP

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

The kicker was I only moved in with him for lack of money which was causing me to literally starve (for two months I had a single sandwich a day)

ANYWAY

I just bought cat harnesses + leashes, a car seat protection thingy that will cover the entire back row of my car, and more flea protection for the cats, plus I'll assess what we have (they could probably use new food bowls) at home. I'll book them for their vaccinations (should only need the rabies booster, I think) and a general vet visit.

All your sins? LOL! I'd have told my mom to grow up if she'd have said something like that to me. Fortunately my mom wasn't overly religious so we got along alright in that department.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Can't move. Cat fell asleep in my lap...

...send food and water.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Can't move. Cat fell asleep in my lap...

...send food and water.

6mgufvugpr8a.png

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    that comic still makes me laugh

his two cigars were a great touch too

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I had a cat try that on me. Just stood up and the problem solved itself. #sonotacatperson

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How to feel like a monster.

Administer eye drops to a dog.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Alma is losing her baby teeth now

Its like finding little popcorn on the ground. Its weird, a bit gross, and very cute. So it encapsulates the dog experience!

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Or ear drops.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Or ear drops.

Lola loves people messing around with her ear. Ear drops and cleaning them are the only times she won't struggle with meds or grooming.

God I can't fathom eye drops at all I'd have to knock her out

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Wow, that's a bonus!
    Trying to get uschi to stay still for ear drops is like wrestling a chubby eel.
    He rapidly figured out the treats we were holding were distractions so he ignores them and focused all his energy on twisting his head away at the critical moment.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    My dog loooooved ear drops and ear cleanings.

Sweet sweet ear massagings and itchings and cleanings would get him groaning and his foot thumping.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Darcy quickly worked out eye drops were followed by treats so she'd come running over to us when we got the bottle out and then would sit really still.

Some days being that food focused is a blessing, sometimes it's a curse.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    We had a dog who got really bad flea caused skin problems (bordering on mange) until we got some Revolution drops to apply between her shoulderblades. After the first time, she figured out that they made her feel a lot better, so when mum's partner would go in to get them, she'd be at his feet presenting her back waiting for the drop by the time he sat back down. Even after we moved to a three monthy dosing, she knew what was up every time.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah.

I think Bodhi has figured out we are helping him.

The last two times I've done the drops he has been very reasonable about it.

Either that or he is just happy for treats.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yeah.

I think Bodhi has figured out we are helping him.

The last two times I've done the drops he has been very reasonable about it.

Either that or he is just happy for treats.
    OMG YAY! So glad to hear that yesterday wasn't a fluke... you guys he was so still when we did the drops yesterday that I didn't think Blake had put them in yet, but yeah Bodhi didn't even flinch!

I love that doofus so much!

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I had to give Jack antibiotic eye drops at one point when his eye got scratched by a cat, which was pretty worrying considering he only has the one eye. Healed up fine fortunately

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yay Bodhi! What a good dog.

Took the cats to the vet and they were AMAZING. I was sure they’d freak out, but no; they even stood on the scales for their weigh-in! They had their rabies booster and FVR vaccination and took them very well. They’ve got a clean bill of health - teeth, coats and heart all look great - so that’s good, I feel happy handing them off this weekend knowing they’re in good health.

• Options
    Hah, and his review now.....

Bodhi was problematic yesterday. It rained like 24 hours + yesterday, and he refused to go to the bathroom when I took him outside (probably more than six times). Then when I left the house, I gave him the laundry and a door open so he could go outside if he wanted to, and I think he just ran out in the rain and waited by the gate because Vivienne came home to find him panicked and soaking wet.

Then for his final swan song he then peed in the hallway at like 9pm (I caught him, but he just kept going) and then after we went to bed, he woke us up with his whining at around midnight because he had gone again in the hallway and I got to clean that one up again and then had to resettle the doofus because he doesn't like going asleep alone.

• Options
    You're a good human, Bloke.

• Options
    Thanks! Still feel I didn't really handle him right yesterday though.

Does anyone have any suggestions to encourage peeing and pooing outside when it is raining?

My only other idea is that I have a 3x3 meter pop up pagoda thingie and put that up so it will give him some protection when he goes out.

• Options
    That's not a bad idea. I've never owned a dog that didn't like rain, so I don't have any experience to draw from, but maybe if there's a slightly sheltered area of the lawn he can go on, he might feel more comfortable.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    The poods tend to dump in different areas when it's rainey, but those spots are still in the rain.. so it's hard to fathom what they're thinking. A pagoda thing might work, just make sure it's anchor down good else it'll end up in a vineyard somewhere.

• Options
    Is there are a more sheltered side of the house you can take him out, even if it's on lead?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Not really the house has short eaves.

I've had the umbrella set up in the back yard so his outside bed is in the shade but it isn't really much space.

In my futile attempts last night I wore a rain jacket and held an umbrella over him and walked him up and down the back area on lead to no avail.

Blake T on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Does anyone have any suggestions to encourage peeing and pooing outside when it is raining?

My only other idea is that I have a 3x3 meter pop up pagoda thingie and put that up so it will give him some protection when he goes out.

Lola hates rain. Generally it's a process of waiting until her bladder overrides it. Initially I had to force her of the porch though and tell her to pee. My neighbor thinks I'm insane.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Pup tent.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    My cat Gurney is doing alright since his surgery late last year, so far no new tumors. Here he is objecting to me folding and putting away the warm laundry he's sleeping on.

Zy0pWMS.jpg?2
    1Ryp8Ff.jpg?2

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Having a dog that refuses to go outside in the rain is at times hilarious and at other times frustrating. Oscar will flat out refuse to go out. Good boy that he is though he will not go in the house. Eventually one of three things will give. Either he'll have to go so bad that he'll tolerate getting wet, the rain will stop, or I'll get an umbrella and go out with him. When option 3 happens I'm usually pretty angry at first, but then while he's peeing he looks at me and his eyes are saying, "Thank you so much human." That makes it worth having to put on shoes and a coat and go outside at nearly midnight in the rain.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I think Bodhi is slowly learning the “bathroom” command, but he just gets so easily distracted by everything in our yard that you have to prompt him more than once. Hopefully we will get him focused on bathroom first, explore later.

But yeah he’s been really good since that really rainy day. After I found him cold and wet he was quickly dried off (2 towels used to this end) and then I warmed up a third dry towel with a hair dryer and wrapped it around him when he did eventually settle to warm him up... mainly so that he knows he gets lots of cuddles and rubdowns and treats if he does have to be in the rain!

He looked so cute and comfy under the towel that I had to get a photo. I love this dog.

ti9uw1ryayyg.jpeg

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We just put a deposit down on a NEWFIE PUPPY!

tca8x2fxvkx3.jpg

I don't have any great pictures yet. She'll be ready around the 3rd of February.

I want to name her Nyx after the Greek Goddess of night.

My wife said "maybe"

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Driving up to Portland with @Janson this weekend to drop off the cats

I am simultaneously looking forward to it (because the cats will be happier) and not looking forward to my parents winning out in this bullshit fest

This discussion has been closed.