Options

The JRPG thread. Which E3 JRPG are you most excited for?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    Anyone know how long between an LP being finished and getting added to the LP archive there usually is?

I was happily reading the Drakengard 3 LP for a few days then SA decides to demand money after I get halfway through it so now I really want to see the rest but have to wait and ahhhhh.

His last couple were added about a month after completion so that's about the soonest you can reasonably expect.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Mario and Luigi x Paper Mario
    Jars wrote: »
    your free company? isn't that also my free company?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1CQ9YKo5_0&feature=youtu.be

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    our sister FC also placed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ule-uNxUTTg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates
    farg is on the wrong server, basically

although, given the discussions that sometimes crop up in GHOST, maybe not...

• Options
    actually I transferred from ghost to play with goons, sue me. its a lot more active anyways and the server population trends more skilled in pf, sue me

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    FF7 remake
    Some of the GHOST convos cause me to purse my lips together and wonder where in the hell that came from.

• Options
    also here is the prize

attachment.php?attachmentid=924&d=1393570824&thumb=1

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    Which goon group are you playing with farg

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates
    What is PF

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    omg it's more of a collar than a necklace i'm super jealous ><

• Options
    Which goon group are you playing with farg

Please Be Careful

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    What is PF

Party Finder, which is an in game tool for joining or advertising pick up groups to do all sorts of content. Essentially higher average pf skill means the basic population you find tends to be more competent

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates
    So you're saying me and @SilverWind need an FF14 equivalent of TripAdvisor to pick our server if we ever pick the game up

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    What is PF

Party finder. It's a tool to recruit for group content within your server without having to go shouting in zones.

It lets you set the who/what/where and other players can search for it.

• Options
    Eh not really. I can only imagine it being even noticeable if you were playing on a really low pop server or something. I only notice because I spent so much time on sargantanas using the pf. Sarg is a perfectly fine server

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Fire Emblem Fates
    I finished the Shiva patch last night. Was going to take a break today, but all my apartment shit kinda spoiled me on playing Kingdom Hearts since it was on at the time, so I'm back in XIV.

Shiva patch was really good. The sahagin cutscene prior to Leviathan is still the best they've done so far, but I'm still liking the story and characters from Shiva an awful lot. I love how Lord Haurchefant seems to have the hugest crush on me. It might just be him wanting to have gone into battle as well, but it came off as him being upset my character went off on her own. It was very cute, regardless. ^.^ I'm extremely fond of him. Aymeric appears a lot cooler than on first blush, but I'm still suspicious. Lucia's head is a bit too small for her armor, model wise, but her hair is awesome. Otherwise, no opinion.

Unfortunately, while seeing how many quests were in the last questchain before I get to HS, I spoiled a big plot point which I'm pretty bummed about. They're usually really good at keeping spoilers out of quest names.

Edit: I do really wish they'd stop telling me what a waste it is to send me on these minor tasks, then continue to send me on these minor tasks. If you're not going to stop doing it, then at least don't remind me of it.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Lucia's head is a bit too small for her armor, model wise, but her hair is awesome. Otherwise, no opinion.

Heeeeeeeeh.

• Options
    haurchefant definitely has a crush on the WoL. its not even subtle after a while.

also even though sarg is a good server join Excalibur so you can be in PBC. features include guild tags changing every few days so fun things like <<junes>> or <<6969>> or even <<SMEGMA>> hover over your head

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Oh, oh, the new evil empire Emperor totally has world of warcraft shoulder armor and it's impossible to take him remotely seriously because of that. They work in that game, they do not in this one.

Also his crown is dumb and stupid looking.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    you take that back, nu-emperor has the most over the top evil design ever and its fantastic

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF7 remake
    Darkwing Duck Limit Break:

"Let's. Get. Dangerous."

Yes.

Yes!

Yes!

My bar for Limit Breaks is very high after they used Auron's "Your pain shall be twofold."

(Auron is the greatest.)

• Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    you take that back, nu-emperor has the most over the top evil design ever and its fantastic

his shoulder armor is bigger than three of his own heads put next to each other

• Options
    Ffxiv-solus-zos-galvus.png
    for reference

i'd agree that as a stand alone its kinda silly. but when you take it to account why it is what It is it makes a lot more sense. he inherited it directly from his predecessor, who took Garlemand from a shitty no-name state to the premiere globe-spanning technological superpower that it is at the time of the game, said uprising included a massive societal shift that left him as the closest thing to a God-Emperor there is in that world. in that context the ridiculous get-up is a little more understandable

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    I mean yeah but that doesn't mean I don't have to take him seriously

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    how are you ripping on his shoulders and not at that thing on his head

it looks like he glued a bunch of choir trophies together

• Options
    true true. i like him more after he actually appears as a player in the story, which isn't for a bit from where you are

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Other
    Madican wrote: »
    Some of the GHOST convos cause me to purse my lips together and wonder where in the hell that came from.

I'm sorry spam fc chat in all caps on a regular basis but damn it I like my caps lock key

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    haurchefant definitely has a crush on the WoL. its not even subtle after a while.

also even though sarg is a good server join Excalibur so you can be in PBC. features include guild tags changing every few days so fun things like <<junes>> or <<6969>> or even <<SMEGMA>> hover over your head

Counterpoint: Dubh is on Sarg, which makes it the best.
    Jars wrote: »

I'm sorry spam fc chat in all caps on a regular basis but damn it I like my caps lock key

Nah, you're good. The content of the FC chat is the real problem...

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    stilts do you play?

Yukira told me who everyone was then I promptly forgot because I'm the worst ever ><

• Options
    Other
    yeah I know what he's talking about

but just in case my LOVE OF ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME WHEN FORMING A PARTY is annoying

• Options
    FF7 remake
    I honestly don't know who on FFXIV is who on PA except for a few people. Dang people not using their PA names for their characters.

• Options
    Other
    I'm not gonna name my little lalafell jars. I do use similar monikers though, 4 letter name starting with J.

• Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Lunaria was my FFXI character so there was just no chance I wasn't going to use it.

• Options
    Nier 2
    I just spent almost 2 hours grinding out stones to get the Important A Rank quest in Fairy Fencer F.

I don't think I would have had the patience to do that with battle skip, although a lot of stones you just need to run around looking for. Still, the couple stones you need to steal have annoying low steal rates.

• Options
    FF7 remake
    Schide wrote: »
    I just spent almost 2 hours grinding out stones to get the Important A Rank quest in Fairy Fencer F.

I don't think I would have had the patience to do that with battle skip, although a lot of stones you just need to run around looking for. Still, the couple stones you need to steal have annoying low steal rates.

Yeah, the A-Rank upgrade quest was annoying as fuck. Constantly failing Steals on golems. Helped a bit once I found out that Galdo's third steal skill is bugged to have an extremely low success chance though, so I used the second.

S-Rank upgrade quest is piddly easy in comparison though, so you're over the hump.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    FF7 remake
    Ffxiv-solus-zos-galvus.png
    for reference

so he's wearing standard orc proportioned armor :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    stilts do you play?

Yukira told me who everyone was then I promptly forgot because I'm the worst ever ><

Yep, I'm on Sarg, too.

And I'm actually gonna be buying a couple rings later today so Dubh and I can get fantasy-married.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Stilts wrote: »
    stilts do you play?

Yep, I'm on Sarg, too.

And I'm actually gonna be buying a couple rings later today so Dubh and I can get fantasy-married.

Ooooh, congratulations!!! ^.^

• Options
    Nier 2
    Schide wrote: »

Yeah, the A-Rank upgrade quest was annoying as fuck. Constantly failing Steals on golems. Helped a bit once I found out that Galdo's third steal skill is bugged to have an extremely low success chance though, so I used the second.

S-Rank upgrade quest is piddly easy in comparison though, so you're over the hump.

Damn! I knew something was up with that. I did try the second steal a few times but it didn't seem to be doing any better. Eh, whatever.

But that's good. I don't mind farming for the most part, but it can get tedious. Fortunately this game doesn't have a ton of it.

Oh, apparently I missed an optional Fury and I don't know if I'm screwed out of it until NG+ or if I can still get it. Kind of have the feeling I'm going to have to wait for it though.

This discussion has been closed.