As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Playstation] thread will grant you three wishes

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there is a lot of amphetamine abuse in esports, also competitive magic the gathering

turns out that much like physical athletes, if you say "hey make a bunch of money doing this thing, but don't take this pill that will make you better at that thing" some people will go "...maaaaybe i'll just take that pill"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I wonder what, if anything, they'll do for people who actually have, you know, a reason and a prescription for that.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    At QuakeCon Bethesda confirmed that Fallout 4 will have romanceable companions regardless of gender of the player character (meaning gay relationships are possible for every romanceable companion) which is a good sign for those worried about being foced into a straight marriage for the intro

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Although it doesnt necessarily mean you'll start off in anything except a straight marriage.

• Options
    Although it doesnt necessarily mean you'll start off in anything except a straight marriage.
    This is true but it seems like it would be really weird for them to include gay romance options but shoehorn you into a straight marriage at first.

Like that could totally be the case

But it seems like they would have realized how weird and bad that is

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    you start out married in fallout 4?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Yup, with a baby to. The intro happens just before the bombs drop.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

oh weird

which famous actor will play the baby

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah. You change genders by picking whether you play the husband or the wife. It's yet unknown how you survive, how you're separated from your spouse, and whether it's just the setup, or how much the game revolves around your pre-war life.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I heard something like you actually are playing as the child, not one of the parents?

I wonder if that's just from some people that are mistaken

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I heard something like you actually are playing as the child, not one of the parents?

I wonder if that's just from some people that are mistaken
    The demo they played was definitely the father as the player character

It may change in the game itself

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I am data from mml I think
    I still don't really understand what you do in galak-z but it looks neat

I hope it doesn't lean too heavily on the anime sutff

Hahahahahah

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    This is true but it seems like it would be really weird for them to include gay romance options but shoehorn you into a straight marriage at first.

Player-sexual isn't great either

Better though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

oh weird

Elijah Wood

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Inshallah Patrick Stewart

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

oh weird

Elijah Wood

Hmm, looks too young.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I wonder what, if anything, they'll do for people who actually have, you know, a reason and a prescription for that.

The major US pro sports leagues have exemptions for prescribed ADHD drugs so I imagine eports will do the same.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I am data from mml I think
    I still don't really understand what you do in galak-z but it looks neat

I hope it doesn't lean too heavily on the anime sutff

Hahahahahah

MML3Data.png

?

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Better though

I think hero-sexual is awesome

a little less nuance but way more kissing

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Better though

The problem is that's very much not how sexuality works

Not that it CANT be that fluid

But the idea that if you try hard enough someone will be attracted to you no matter what their sexuality is is

Not great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Better though

But the idea that if you try hard enough someone will be attracted to you no matter what their sexuality is is

Not great

Eh, I've always seen it more like everyone's sexuality happens to align with whatever yours is.

• Options

Better though

Not great

Nah thats you reading something into a game having the romancable companion characters be bi

I mean if the game actually has you try really really hard and eventually make a character change their orientation then yeah that's not okay but I don't think there is any reason to assume that will happen?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I can't recall a game that has ever had you 'change' a characters sexuality based on effort, or even just in general.

Like I'm talking about taking a canonically gay/hetero character, who comments that they are such, who then displays sexual attraction contrary to their stated preferences, due to actions taken in the narrative.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    At QuakeCon Bethesda confirmed that Fallout 4 will have romanceable companions regardless of gender of the player character (meaning gay relationships are possible for every romanceable companion) which is a good sign for those worried about being foced into a straight marriage for the intro

I actually wanted the protagonist to stay in that committed relationship

but maybe they're poly???

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

If your spouse somehow survives past the intro of fallout 4 I will be incredibly surprised

You might as well be married to Uriel Septim VII

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Do destiny characters still transfer from ps3 to 4?

I'm asking because reasons.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Haha my buddy got name dropped in that Galak-Z Quick Look! I'm so happy for those guys, they have been working so hard on that game for the past few years.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

If your spouse somehow survives past the intro of fallout 4 I will be incredibly surprised

See I think just the opposite

I think "where did my spouse go" is going to be a major mystery

• Options

I agree with this but not more than the prospect of being married to Uriel Septim VII

• Options
    but where is the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

Nah I'm calling dead spouse missing baby

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    but where is the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby

Chilllllllllllli's Baby back ribs.

Chili's baby back ribs.
    Barbecue Sauce

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Endgame spoilers, if you care.
    https://youtu.be/0t0uCWjQ6Og

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

Nah I'm calling dead spouse missing baby

I mean I fully expect the answer to the mystery to be "They're hella dead"

I just also expect that they would have survived for a bit after the nukes fall

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    It will never happen but wouldn't it be great that if after you get remarried, your missing spouse-turned-mutant returns, and you wake up in the middle of the night sweating profusely thinking whether if you made the "right" choices

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Chili's baby back ribs.
    Barbecue Sauce

thank you for doing this so i didn't have to

• Options
    the spoiler tag killed me

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Chili's baby back ribs.
    Barbecue Sauce

You're not authorized to use barbeque sauce, Samus.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the twist is actually that your family never existed, those were implanted false memories and you are a robot

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    again?

This discussion has been closed.