As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

it is canada day

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Canada gave us one of the best commercials of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0id9fUYb95A

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Dixon wrote: »
    Yay Canada!

Although I'm working in the states so no day off for me :(

Also I had Jays tickets so I'm extra sad.

I'll miss you Canada!

If you're working in the states do you get friday off? A lot of places will give the day adjacent to the 4th

You could celebrate canada day then, which is subversive and kinda awesome

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    ...I fly back Friday :(

And then there is meeting they want me to physically be at in the evening.

Also the best commercial is mini-hippopotamus

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Canada gave us one of the best commercials of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0id9fUYb95A

that reminds me of a real police chase from last year, probably the most Canadian police chase ever, in which an RCMP officer got a lift with a snowmobiler to chase a stolen tractor across a farmer's fields.
    The incident started shortly before 4 p.m. MT Wednesday when Blackfalds RCMP responded to a call about a break-in at a rural home on Highway 595, east of Red Deer. There they found that firearms and other items had been taken from the home.

Just over an hour later, police got a call about a stolen John Deere tractor crashing through fences and smashing trees in the area.

While out searching for the stolen farm vehicle, an officer came across a snowmobiler who was also looking for the tractor that had plowed through his property.

"So in typical Alberta fashion we asked him if we could borrow his Ski-Doo with him driving and help us because in central Alberta we still have lots of snow in the fields," said Larocque.

"The owner of the snowmobile said, 'Sure jump on,' and they went off together."

He said the pair followed at safe distance to not put the snowmobile driver's life at risk.

They followed it until the tractor thief, who did not have much experience with the big machinery, stalled. When he got it going again it happened to be on a hill and the tractor rolled.

"There was no injuries at all, so our member then went up and arrested the 25-year-old male driving this tractor with no incident," said Larocque.

He said the officers were able to find the stolen firearms and other stolen property inside the tractor.

"That pretty much solved both break and enters," said Larocque.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    that isn't the most Canadian crime ever committed, though - that title goes to an $18M maple syrup heist that targeted Quebec's strategic maple syrup reserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adCQ9cwYA8o

And yes, we really do have a strategic maple syrup reserve.

• Options
    OF COURSE YOU DO

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    On that note I had real maple syrup for the first time the other day!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    HAPPY CANADA DAYYYYYYYY

Plans are to get drunk, play board games and then see fireworks on Parliament Hill which is a five minute walk away from my apartment

Gonna do this one up right

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Real maple syrup ruined what's normally sold here as "maple syrup" for me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    hello canada
    who wants to let me crash on their couch if I decide to come through the BC area this summer

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Real maple syrup ruined what's normally sold here as "maple syrup" for me.

I didn't have "Real" maple syrup until I lived in Sweden and I did not like it, no sir.

Give me Mrs. Butterworth's please.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    hello canada
    who wants to let me crash on their couch if I decide to come through the BC area this summer

I mean, I have a couch, but I don't think I can ship it to Vancouver, sorry

(but if you want to visit Ontario that is an entirely different story!)

Steam
  • Options
    well I do have friends in the Toronto area so maybe??!? I will make a note!

• Options

I'm in Ottawa which is a bit of a drive away from Toronto, but it's close enough to possibly meet up there, or in Montreal! Keep me posted; I wouldn't mind making the trip.

Steam
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I have never had a bad time in Canada.

Canada: The Good Time Place.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hi canada, i'm coming to you later this month, i guess we'll see how that goes

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    are Canadians allowed to marry other Canadians yet

Only Gay marriage, we haven't gotten around to that other marriage yet

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    What do you guys do to celebrate canada day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFKs9TA4BQ

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    I know it's super cheesy, but I really do love this country

It's beautiful, big, spacious, full of nice people

A bunch of our politics are WHACK, but we still got a bunch of shit figured out

Gay marriage, free health care, anti-discrimination and anti-hate speech laws

strong beer

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Do you guys have reenactments of Dudly Do Right asking if it's ok that Canada move out of Mummy and Daddy's house and go out on it's own to find itself?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    hello canada

@tynic YO YO YO let's do this

Also it was 33 this week and you would have looooved it

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've heard Canada pays their teachers pretty nicely too. I've been trying for years to get the wife to move up that way, she current teaches, I have the degree to (but I'm in tech support for financial reasons). We're already in Maine, what's a few more miles north?

• Options
    I've heard Canada pays their teachers pretty nicely too. I've been trying for years to get the wife to move up that way, she current teaches, I have the degree to (but I'm in tech support for financial reasons). We're already in Maine, what's a few more miles north?

I know my mom does pretty well

But she's been at it for a while and specializes in autism units

• Options

a few more miles north of Maine?

New Brunswick, possibly the most boring province in Canada

• Options

Don't make the move unless you have a guaranteed job or a bunch of teaching experience. At least in Ontario, it's ridiculously hard to get a job as a young teacher unless you're willing to move to the middle of nowhere, and even then. I know a lot of folks who got the education required to teach and then had to go into a vastly different field.

Once you're in you're good for employment though, I think.

Steam
  • Options
    Usagi wrote: »
    hello canada

@tynic YO YO YO let's do this

oh noooo don't even tell me, I bet if I do make it up there it will be suddenly freezing.
    Gonna try and get some freelance work to cover my expenses for the next few months, in which case it will be Travel City.

• Options
    hello canada

tynic YO YO YO let's do this

oh noooo don't even tell me, I bet if I do make it up there it will be suddenly freezing.
    Gonna try and get some freelance work to cover my expenses for the next few months, in which case it will be Travel City.

Yesssssssss, you are welcome anytime! I'm in Newf for a month and the forumers in and around Vancouver are really amazing

Heck, if timing works out you might be here for my birthday/PAX shenanigans and that would be ridiculously awesome

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Interesting - she's had 10 years in special ed now. We're looking at buying a home here in Maine now, so suppose it's probably off the table until my son graduates high school which is quite a ways off.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Happy Canada Day, Canadians.

I am not Canadian, but I visited Toronto once, and thought it was pretty cool.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    What the fuck is a canada

• Options
    hello canada

tynic YO YO YO let's do this

Yesssssssss, you are welcome anytime! I'm in Newf for a month and the forumers in and around Vancouver are really amazing

Heck, if timing works out you might be here for my birthday/PAX shenanigans and that would be ridiculously awesome

YES

TYNIC COULD JOIN US FOR NOT-PAX

Steam
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

I'm in Ottawa which is a bit of a drive away from Toronto, but it's close enough to possibly meet up there, or in Montreal! Keep me posted; I wouldn't mind making the trip.

Oh oh oh we should do a collective Montreal trip!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I really regret never taking a road trip to Canada back before you needed a passport to cross the border.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Cello wrote: »

Oh oh oh we should do a collective Montreal trip!

Yes! Montreal is a fantastic city. Plus, @Psykoma lives there!

Steam
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »

A miserable pile of apologies.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

A miserable pile of apologies.

I'm sorry but we are a delightful pile of apologies

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I love Canada. I am very thankful I live in this country. And I say so every Thanksgiving. Which takes place in October.

• Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular

A mighty stockpile of syrup.